(See All?) Announcements
519 Users Online
Bing, Google

Planned Downtime - Completed
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·

Planned Downtime

This is a heads up to everyone that tomorrow, Saturday, November 24th, RoW will experience some short downtime as we switch servers. This is different from the board move to myBB, so don't get your hopes up, though we are steadily making progress on that as well and hope to have the board completed by Christmas time. We will be transferring from http://www.dreamhost.com to our own private server, and to avoid losing data, we will be turning the board offline for the duration of the server switch. It might take longer for individuals to regain access to RoW after the switch is done due to DNS propagation, but it should be working no later than Sunday evening. If it isn't working by Sunday evening, please email Shadow at [email protected].

Thanks for the patience, everyone. We're hoping that with the switch to the faster server, RoW's runtime will increase dramatically and should put an end to long load times.

Completed

If you can see this, you are on the new server! Posting is permitted.

Huzzah! :D
Such a difference in loading time @.@ Amazing!

Edit: I can't access the Library. :P
The pack pages seem broken too; the ranks aren't showing up.
let the stars above shine in your soul
the cbox seems to be broken, <s>and switching accounts is all sorts of weird. The first time the background popped up in a separate tab and it didn't actually change, then I refreshed and it looked like the code was broken? (all weird colours like a bad word doc turned webpage)... but then when I refreshed again it was fine? If it happens again, I'll screen shot it. Also... I replied to this already about the cbox... but it doesn't seem to be here.</s> <- can't seem to replicate it. May have just been because I am tethered to my phone.
It loads so much faster!

Also I think the map is broken.
[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Hahaha this new loading time is amazing. As long as the bugs are worked out I'm sure this will be an amazing and worthwhile change!!!
Wow! Such a difference :3 cbox is working for me
But not the Library & Guide to Life Points..
Happy for the change!
Keep them coming, guys. I'm driving back to school in the next little while, but I will look at the errors tonight. The ranks should be fixed now, and we're working on the library and the chat issues. Thanks everybody for your patience with this process! Hopefully the faster loading times are worth some of the minor hassles. =)
Load time is amazing! Unfortunately, the CBox still isn't working for me.... >.<
The Calm in the Storm
I don't think the cbox will be truly fixed until we switch over to the new board, Jen.. Srry. :(
Soon, guys!

Being completely honest, Jen, I think it has something to do with your computer. Nobody else seems to be having the kind of problems you do. I've not had my posts disappear or anything like that; and if it was an issue with the code in the chat, it would be happening consistently. So it might be your browser interacting with the java or something else, but there really isn't anything that I can do to fix it. We do have a new chat installed on the new board that will hopefully eliminate your problem, along with the issue of multiple posts, but if it's a javascript issue on your end, then there isn't anything I can do.