(See All?) Announcements
515 Users Online
Google, Bing

Planned Downtime - Board Move
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·

Planned Downtime - Board Move

That's right, everybody! The time has come for RoW to make it's switch to myBB. This announcement has very important information that is critical for everyone to read and understand so the transition can be as smooth as possible. To cause the least amount of disruption, we are going to be doing the move in phases. The IPB board will be turned offline on Christmas Eve to complete the move. We will reopen on Christmas Day on the new board. Please allow for some flexibility for the phases; we're giving time estimations (EST) so that everyone can be prepared, but they could change depending on the staff's schedules. We will do our best to keep to this schedule, however.

Phase One - 12/22 @ 12pm
- New Registrations have been disabled.
- Profiles can no longer be edited.
This is to allow me to transfer accounts and profile information without fear of losing any data. Pack titles & ranks can not be changed. You will be titled after the move.
- Life Points Requests will no longer be completed. Feel free to continue posting them in the Maintenance Thread, they just won't be completed until after the move.

Phase Two - 12/23 @ 6pm
- The Archives will be turned offline so the threads and posts can be transferred.
- New Posts/Threads will be turned off in all OOC Forums so the threads and posts can be transferred. The chat will remain online.
- The Gossip Wall/Calendar/Adoption/etc. will be turned offline

Phase Three - 12/24 @ 10pm
- Private Messages will be disabled.
- Board turned offline: IC posts/threads transferred; post counts updated.
- Board Switch: the ipb board will be moved to an archive and the mybb one moved from its temporary URL to this one (THERE WILL BE NO URL CHANGE!)

Phase Four - 12/25
- MyBB board opens

The staff would like to thank everybody for their patience with the process of moving the board. In order to have it done in time for Christmas, we've been focusing on moving the content we currently have. We do have new features and ideas that are in the works, but they will implemented in the next couple of weeks, along with the BWP. We will be putting up a Bug Testing Thread specifically to keep track of bugs, and we will also be taking suggestions/improvements. We've worked quite hard on the board, and we hope you all like it. If you have any questions about anything, don't hesitate to PM me or reply to this news thread.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Yayyy!(:
|| Ash is welcome to make an appearance in any thread. ||
Woohoo right before the holidays and new years! Let's hope it runs smoothly :]
I'm so happy. I feel like I'm in the Wizard of Oz and I'm going to see the wizard! :)
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Wonderful job you guys! It's a lovely Christmas gift in the 'we are wolf rp nerds' kind of a way. Bring on the new boards! Bring on the plots! Bring on the growly, toothy chaos! :D
Lol! What she said! Definitely a wonderful Christmas present! Kudos to all of the staff for all of your hard work/patience/perseverance and for just being you! <3
Never Underestimate a Heart of Fire...