(See All?) Announcements
291 Users Online
Bing, Google

Roll on — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Ghoff who has 312 posts.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
Hollow felt some warmth from the big russet wolf glad that he had one such as Sloane in his life. There had not been much for the yearling from the time his paws found relic lore and he knew he had no extraordinary skills to offer. But the few things Sloane said Hollow did have, the way Sloane said them made him feel as if they were more important than any amount of strength, speed, or stamina. They were words he had wanted to hear for his entire young life. His parents had never gotten the chance to say they were proud of him, or tell him that he would do well. In a moment Sloane had made the young wolf feel valid, like he had a place in the world again.

His mind reeled back to the day he had found his family bleeding, the crushing sadness, blinding pain, he did not even stay to mourn them. Hollow had run away, barely more than a pup into the world. He had struggled lost his own last name, nearly been killed multiple times and found few safe havens with saintly wolves and somehow his paws had lead him here. His heart had given itself to Nina and her pack, his pack. All of this and Azariah, the most extraordinary she wolf he had ever known, Hollow had seen other pretty wolves before Ashanti was an a attractive young girl and there had been others but none had grabbed his attention in the same complete way Azariah did. He was hers weather or not she knew it, even if he had no true last name he would offer her everything he did have. But in all of this there stood Sloane as well, the moment Hollow had woken plagued by the nightmare that so often come for him in the night , and confessed his secret hastily to the russet male he had felt trust.

Sloane was a wolf to be trusted surely and Hollow knew inside that that trust would never be betrayed, not by either of them, even after Sloane had since left to claim his mate and establish his own pack. The bond Hollow had felt with the alpha would always be strong. He felt at long last he had met a wolf to trust with his only remaining secret. "Sloane I've been called Hollow Blackfur ever since my parents died, it's not my family name, it was given to me to save me from some religious wolves that thought I was demon pup when I was barely six months. I don't know my real last name." the last words rolling off his tongue in a hushed tone the young wolf studied his paws. If Sloane asked how Wolves could come to such a conclusion about a pup he would tell, it had been his eyes and coat, the ring of green in his right eye was so unnervingly remarkable it was thought a sign of evil by the wolves, his dark patchwork coat, which was much lighter then had only reinforced their belief since he was of impure coat and eyes they thought him a demon. The yearling had never had anyone to advise him on these things so he felt the need to ask as much as he could. So that he may keep and cherish the information the older wolf gave.
Played by Jen who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Sloane saw the changes that came over Hollow as he listened to his words of wisdom. He could almost see the boy inflate with much needed pride and he wondered if he had ever had any real affirmation in his young life the way that he soaked in the russet wolf's heartfelt praise. As a cactus deep in the desert might soak up the meager rains and flourish and bloom brilliantly with it. He felt saddened for what must have been a youth of hardship. Hollow had been on his own from a tender age and had seen his family murdered. That he had turned out as well as he had and not withered in bitterness spoke volumes of his true character.

After long moments of consideration, Hollow let loose another secret. One that seemed to trouble him deeply. He did not remember his family name. Someone had given him the surname Blackfur to keep him safe, somehow. Why would they think a young pup a demon? He asked himself internally as he observed the hard working youth. He just didn't understand. Perhaps Hollow could shed some light on the situation, if he was so inclined. Sloane didn't want to push him too much, such personal pain must be shared willingly. Perhaps with the sharing, it would somehow free the young man from his past. He surely hoped so. Hollow may not be blood and he wouldn't even be a pack mate shortly, but Sloane felt close to him, almost as if he were a younger brother or nephew. He somehow felt that their new friendship would stand the test of time and that thought pleased the over-sized male greatly.

Giving Hollow a serious look, he began. "I don't see how they might think you a demon pup, all I see when I look at you is a striking young man who is kind and devoted to those he cares about. If that makes you a demon then the word's meaning must be readdressed, to be sure! As for not knowing your birth name, that is unfortunate, but not the end of the world. Perhaps you will rediscover it one day, but whether you do, or keep the name Blackfur or give yourself an entirely new name. It is just a name. A name that is what you make of it. Your actions and behavior will give credence to your name." He paused for a moment to give Hollow time to absorb that thought before continuing. "I am a Thorben and a lot of responsibility comes with my name. I must live up to a certain code, but I revel in the heritage of it. Think of this as your chance to create your own heritage in whatever name you carry. Own it with pride and live well and your name will mean all of the things that are most important to you. Integrity, pride, devotion. It will be what you make it!" He reiterated with passion.
Knight of Honor
Played by Ghoff who has 312 posts.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
Hollow let silence sweep in, Sloane had spoken a very wise statement, a statement to consider, something valuable. It was the kind of thing one did not often get to hear, especially from someone held in such high esteem. Words of wisdom would be the phrase for it. It felt good to have someone he could trust with the secrets he held locked deep in his heart and mind. Though they weren't many they were powerful secrets the kind that could dismantle ones sanity, destroy ones happiness and leave nothing but a broken soul in its wake. But Hollow had fought the the things they could do and now with the things Sloane had told him he knew he could forever combat them if need be and never have to worry about falling in to that darkness. In a sense Sloane had become a light, a metaphorical cafe haven in the storm that raged within the dark males heart and soul.

The collection of things that had been said would forever remain with the yearling, long after he had aged and passed, they would remain on the winds to breathe life into anyone who may need it. The big russet wolf's words had resonated to the core of the younger dark one's being. Passion, Honor, Integrity, Faith, Loyalty, and love would be the things he would make his name mean whether it be Blackfur or some other name that he found, he would no longer be an empty soul, he would be filled, and one day he hoped to give a young one the the advice the Thorben gave him now. To pass on the wisdom he had learned on this cold evening. His eyes rose to the moon which had become brighter as the day had dimmed, the ring of green shone silver in his right eye flooding it with light. The beauty of the silver orb floating in the now deep red winter sky struck him and once more he found he was able to take in the beauty of mother nature, that which is almost lost in the monotony of an everyday living had been reawakened within the yearling.

It felt as if a wind had stirred the fur upon the young wolfs shoulders yet the air was still change Hollow felt it. he would be stronger now for this. His eerie gaze dropped to meet his leaders face before Hollow spoke once more. " A seer found me starving just before autumn and helped me hunt something, after we ran into some religious rouge wolves who believed that because of my coat and eyes being impure that I was a devil. I knew it wasn't true then and it never will be, Sloane I'm not sure what the future will bring for me, or Azariah but I will make whatever name I die with mean something. I will make my own heritage of honor and trust, love and loyalty, and all of the things that are right. I do know that here I will protect those weaker than I and those stronger, that live within these borders or anywhere else I might be. I will protect them from outer threats as well as inner threats, like you have done for me." Hollow had spoken with a conviction he had not know before and his strange gaze now held a steel glint that had been absent until now. He felt strong, completely strong for the first time he felt right.
(This post was last modified: Feb 18, 2013, 03:58 AM by Hollow.)