(See All?) Announcements
512 Users Online
Google, Bing, Khalon, Jadon

i'm waking up to ash and dust — Secluded Spring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
another distraction fail, lulz <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
If everyone were similar to Ana, then the wolf species would most certainly cease to exist. Wolves were dominant creatures who ran in packs and held onto instincts as their guide, though for the two of them they grew up in completely different traditions. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“It’s alright,” she answered sweetly and put her muzzle back to the side of his, “we just have to be cautious and remain aware of our actions and words.” She knew that it was going to be rough for him to cope with the changes that came with learning this stuff—and partially wondering why he didn’t know this kind of stuff at his age but again, she didn’t judge.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“If we do end up joining a pack here, we will need to get you up to speed on wolf things,” she nudged him gently and racked her brains for things that he may or may not know to do. After all, she didn’t know where he had come from but she would help him, if he wanted it. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“We don’t have to do it now, though. We could go find something for dinner, if you’d like to do that instead.” Anastasia could feel herself sighing on the inside, hoping that she hadn’t just tried to screw things up between them as friends. She didn’t want to seem like she was pressuring him but once she thought about how she phrased it, she felt like she was forcing him into changing who he was altogether. Hopefully he would see that she wanted to help.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<3<b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">
Nineteen just wanted to be normal — he had not asked to grow up within the Pack, nor had he asked to leave. Remaining with his family would have given him the stability he had always been used to, whereas leaving had given him the opportunity to grow that he would have never gotten within the reserve. Hopefully Anastasia would be able to fix him before they decided to join a pack. He could not imagine her getting accepted and him having to live the rest of his days as a lowly loner. Without meeting her gaze he nodded at her words while pushing himself off the ground, his hindquarters remaining firmly planted.
Wolf things.
He felt like an alien compared to the blue-eyed girl. Everything that he should already know, everything that should already be programmed into him, was missing. He was a shell of a wolf; the mind of a child struggling inside the body of an adult. Lachesis didn't know how the pale female was able to put up with the mess that he was — if he had met a wolf like himself out in the wilderness he would have abandoned them. The patience she had for him was remarkable, and he envied her for it. It was embarrassing, having another have to teach him what was right and wrong at his age. Surely she had more important things to be doing with her time?
<b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">"T-teach me as we g-go?" He piped up suddenly, his pear gaze finally falling back onto her. <b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">"C-correct me if I do s-something w-wrong, okay?" A child, that's what he was — nothing but a child. No wonder the inky female had snapped at him. There was that lump in the back of his throat, his ears pressed against his skull as he watched the female curiously. <b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">"Let's get f-food, please."
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
yum toast and nutella @_@ <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
It was true. The two of them hadn’t asked for their lives to be like it was, but they didn’t have a choice. They would need to take life as it was and make use of it, regardless. All she had ever wanted to do was make her own choices and help others make their own choices too. Unfortunately, it seemed like all the women in her old pack were too scared or too used to it to want to make a change. That and they hadn’t been scolded for not finding a mate than told that it would happen regardless of her personal choices. Out her, she didn’t think she had anything to worry about.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“Sure thing,” she replied, thankful that he didn’t shy away from her proposal and embrace the idea that she could help him out. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“If that’s what you’d like me to do I will,” they would work through this until she felt he was ready to join up with others. She hoped that the two would join a pack together but she would only do it if he agreed to do it with her and if he was accepted, too.
Ana nodded, hopping to it to scout out for food. They would need something substantial to get them through the week. It was the time of year when puppies were usually born so she hoped that there would be some kind of prey out for them to catch and no competition for it. Ana and Nineteen would need some extra space if she were to reteach him rules.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
ONE LAST POST AAAHHH I SHOULD BE SLEEPING BUT YA i'm sorry <3. i'm so jelly of your nutella D:<b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">
The boy wanted nothing more than to spend as much time as he could with his 'teacher' — he would follow her wherever she went, even if it meant joining a pack. It had to be the right pack, though, and Nineteen would make sure of it. The new pack life would give him far better paws on training of these wolf rules that he was unaware of. For the blue-eyed girl he would be the wolf she had ever seen, and he would study every night before going to sleep (and try to force himself to dream of their lessons). He didn't want to upset her and for her to feel like she was wasting her time with him. All the boy wanted was for Ana to be proud of him, and he would do everything to accomplish that.
<b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">"I w-want you t-to do w-whatever you w-want t-to do," the boy chirped in response to the pale girl's words, his eyes bright as he pulled himself off the ground. This time it was his turn to press his nose to her cheek, a ghost of a smile plastered against his lips. He swung his hips at her playfully as he motioned for her to go forward, yellow-green eyes dancing with excitement.
There was one wolf thing that the boy was positive that he knew, and that was hunting. Fortunately for him, the Pack's life wasn't that sheltered and they still had to hunt for prey — a skill that his parents had taught him months after he returned from the two-legs. Hunting was definitely something that the spider-legged boy was good at; he had even managed to beat his brothers in this particular skill. His long legs would carry him over the land much faster than the short legs of his stocky siblings. Although they made him look incredibly awkward, they were perfect when it came to hunting and sprinting.
He waited for Ana to take the lead, pale eyes observing her silently as his tail swung patiently behind him.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
rant rant rant rant >_> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
Simple was exactly how Ana had always appreciated things. Sure, she understood that some things would come as a challenge because everything was a race. Ranks were a big deal, mates were a big deal, leadership was a big deal—everything you did within a pack was determined by your place amongst the hierarchy. The higher you sat the more benefits you reaped. Which was something that she figured would benefit the spider-legged yearling. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“I’m happy to help you whenever it is needed,” she would be here for him whenever he called. Her trust and love for him was astounding seeing as he had been a couple stranger not too long ago, but it was his dependence on her that she admired. No one had ever looked to her for help and she was glad to give it.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“If I say anything that you already know, tell me and I’ll change to a different topic.” Anastasia was likely to reiterate things a lot, as she would probably forget that she mentioned anything at all. She could be forgetful most days, though she tried her best to stay quiet when she hinted at repetition. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“Ranks are everything to pack wolves. The higher you sit in the hierarchy the more respect you receive. If someone is ranked higher than you or older than you, you should submit to them. Lower your posture, head, tail—no eye-contact.” Hierarchy back home was easy for her to understand… she was on the bottom, the very bottom. She might have been obliviously pretty on the bottom and was only seen as they saw her, but she knew that that wasn’t where she belonged.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“Another thing is packs have duties or roles. Things like hunting, peace-keeping, advisor, and puppy-sitting are just little examples but if we join a pack, we get more credit if we take up a job to help out. Of course, we probably would have to be in the pack a while to earn the role of puppy-sitting.” Anastasia loved kids but she wanted her mate to be well-chosen on her terms, not given to her. Her cerulean gaze moved towards Nineteen, gathering in the expression on his face hoping that this was soaking in and not bouncing right off. They both would likely learn better in the face of it but it wouldn’t end well.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
supa quick reply before i have to go to work!!<b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">
The blue-eyed girl was a curious creature — it dumbfounded the youth that she was so willing to help him. Most wolves would have turned up their nose at the basket case that was Nineteen. It was one of the many qualities that the pale female possessed that kept the boy glued to her side. His expression grew soft as he kept his yellow-green gaze on her, his focus latched on to his travel partner. Every thing she said the boy stored in the back of his mind, readily available for future use when a situation would call for one of their lessons. Her patience was what made her an excellent teacher, a quality that Lach was still working on mastering.
The words dripped off her tongue and spun around the boy's head as she spoke, a dull ache growing in the middle of his forehead. There was so much he had to learn if he wanted to be in a pack! He choked back a groan before it could spill out, and instead nodded once Ana finished explaining ranks. <b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">"If t-they are higher r-ranked, s-submit. Always. And d-definitely n-no eye contact." That was simple enough. Again he nodded, this time to himself, as he was pleased how quickly that had soaked in. Her words cracked through his thoughts once more, this time explaining the purpose of duties and roles within a pack.
What.
Focus, Lach!
The boy didn't answer at first — he was too busy thinking of what job he might be good at. Ana was good at everything, she would find a place easily within the pack, whereas Lachesis... he wasn't so sure what he was good at. Hunting perhaps, as it was one of the few skills he had learned with his former pack. Puppy-sitting? He was like a puppy himself, he would be excellent at watching little rascals! Lach turned his attention back to his friend, eyes bright as he filed away what she had told him. <b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">"D-duties, got it." Another nod and a wide smile stretched across his maw. <b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">"W-what's next?"
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
*squeezes ana and xix!* <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
At least XIX was a willing participant, he could have easily told her that he had no interest in changing for another. Ana probably would have gone along with it, venturing with him as lone wolves and just learning to be just a tag-team. However, they were wolves and as all wolves they did better when they traveled in a pack. The two of them could live of each other’s company, but not for very long. Many dangers would find them and there wouldn’t be much they could do. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“Right,” she answered with a smile and nudged the side of his neck affectionately whilst continuing to explain the importance of the roles.
Hopefully all of it would soak in and if not, they’d learn from trial and error. One thing Ana probably had not realized as of yet was that there were a few things she didn’t know. Like the mating ritual and birth rights. Her pack every woman was supposed to be mated and impregnated just after they turned two but she was hopeful that in the packs here you had a choice.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“Wolves that rank higher than you get first dibs of a hunting meal—Alpha’s always go first,” that is if they were present but if not it would still be the highest ranked to the lowest but she wasn’t sure where puppies ended up eating. Would their parents be there for the hunt and take what they could to them? Ana wouldn’t know, she was only supposed to be responsible for her own children and she hadn’t had any.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
they're like batman and robin ommmggg <3<b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">
The boy just wanted his pale traveling partner to be happy — he would follow her wherever she went until she no longer wanted his company, and would do everything he could to keep her spirits up. If she was happy so was he. They had met each other after abandoning their prior lives behind them, and were now creating a new one together. When he was at the side of the cerulean-eyed girl he felt safe; comfortable; a feeling that he had not felt since leaving the pack behind. He trusted her decisions and her words, and would do whatever she said if that was what needed to be done regardless of what it may be.
As Ana continued to share her knowledge with him Lachesis realized how much his former pack resembled hippies — they all got along and everyone shared, always. There had never been any quarrels between the members and they all treated each other with the same respect. Their way of life had not prepared the yearling for his new life — at least he had been blessed with a teacher, whereas Pyrrhus only had himself to guide him. Although he wished that his brother still remained with him, XIX knew that if they were still together Pyrrhus would try to steal Anastasia away from him. And he could not allow that.
<b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">"Who hunts? E-everyone?" This was the one thing that the boy was good at, he was curious as to how vital this skill was in packs. It was definitely something he had to offer when it came to joining up with a local pack. <b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">"D-did you used to have a r-role?" The words fell off his tongue before he could catch them, his body visibly flinching after he spoke. Lach hated asking his friend about her past — he knew it was difficult for her to talk about and would much rather her approach him about it. <b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">"I'm s-s-sorry."
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
Perhaps it was that point in their relationship that they were inclined to share their story. Anastasia did not mind sharing her nightmare with others, as it would help them to learn more about why she was the way she was. Though she behaved appropriately with Nineteen, she feared the majority of males—especially if they had the size for intimidation. Since XIX was still young and had been more afraid of her than she of him upon their first interaction, she accepted him. It would likely be this way for a while, at least until she grew to understand that not all males were guided by the instinct to carry on their line.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“Those who volunteer participate,” as far as she knew everyone had the ability to participate so long as they were the appropriate age. Anastasia hadn’t hunted much in her old pack but after having left them, it came quite naturally to her. It was somewhat unexpected to hear him ask about her role within her birth pack but at the same time, it wasn’t surprising. He needed to know if they were to continue their friendship. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“No-no, it’s alright. We’re friends and we share,” and it would be good for him to know her better just as he would open up in time
Continuing their walk, Ana would occasionally sent at things but her focus had entirely shifted as she attempted to relay her past to him.<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> “My role was simple—I was a woman. As a woman within my pack we were seen as good for one thing—helping the men to prolong their line and to be with a man we didn’t love.” It was hard, but she managed to hold herself together. Ana was stronger now, out from their wrath and had more strength in mind. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“I left because a man chose me but I didn’t choose him,” (leaving out a crucial detail to how he 'chose' her because he was still too young) and she didn’t want to live like that.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
this song is stuck in my head/on repeat halp :c<b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">
'We're friends and we share.'
Those words caused a warmth to bubble in his chest, his pear-coloured eyes glancing over at the female as they walked together. It was that moment that XIX realized how much he really cared for the loner, and he knew that he could trust her with absolutely anything. It was almost frightening how well the pair worked together and close they had gotten over their short friendship. But, it was what he needed — aside from his family Lachesis had not befriended other wolves. He had only seen the wolves within the pack as family and nothing more. Her guidance meant much more to the yearling than she knew, and Lachesis would find a way to repay her for all that she had done for him.
He listened to her patiently, knowing that it was difficult for her to dive into her past. Lachesis struggled to mask his shock the best he could — it pained the youth to hear how mistreated his friend had been. Now that he had his taste of the outside world he knew how different each wolf was, along with their background, but it was still a shock to learn the role that females had played in her former pack. Frowning, he stepped closer to the blue-eyed female, pressing his cheek to hers for a moment. <b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">"I'm s-sorry, A-ana," he said softly, his strides falling in time with hers as they moved over the land. He knew the apology was useless, but he was still sorry — sorry that she had to experience a life like that and that they had tried to force her into something she didn't want. <b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">"I'm g-glad you left —" inhale, exhale. <b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">"— you don't deserve t-to be t-treated like that." He felt like a child as he spoke, words powerless to what she had already experienced. There was nothing he could say or do to fix all the wrongs in her past, but he would do everything possible to make her present and future much brighter. <b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">"You deserve the b-best."