(See All?) Announcements
760 Users Online
Bing, Saoirse, Finley, Isla

Star Light; Star Bright — Whisper Caverns 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina
@Asterion We can say this is about a week after he joined? Then if he doesn't get in we can just delete it. But I miss them <3 Minrion or.... Astenka? I'm terrible with couple names xD

she doesn't care how she gets there, as long as she gets somewhere she knows...

It was late, the middle of the night technically and the woman slept fitfully, her body twitching itself awake. Minka had taken her typical place beside Inali, the two had been inseparable since both of them had joined, more like sisters than just friends. Golden eyes searched the dark cavern, her leaders forms weren't present as they had been staying at the birthing den since the pups had arrived, which didn't leave them many members inside the cavern. Her sights settled upon the dark form of Asterion and her heart jumped involuntarily as it always did when she looked upon him, the fae didn't know what it was about him, but since she had met him everything had changed. The tawny woman was too antsy to fall back asleep and after several long moments of trying fruitlessly she stood and exited the cave. The world was dark outside, the trees that surrounded the entrance swayed in a warm breeze, sounds of nocturnal animals reached her ears.

She set off at a slow walk, she had no destination in mind just needed to stretch her legs, the exercise possibly clearing her mind. Minka knew nothing of this man or his past, just his name and that he didn't have a good history with packs, yet she had vouched for him to join. It had been nearly a week and their encounters had been pleasantries but she had not had a chance to be alone with him since before he had been accepted. The fae wanted to know him and she wanted him to know her in return, but it seemed to be a moot point at the time being. A sigh slipped through her strong jaws and she looked to the heavens where the stars stood blazing, a childhood nursery rhyme from her past returning to her.

table by mimi
Played by Pinn who has 37 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Asterion Carne
His sleep had been restless, but still he tried. Thoughts had been swirling around his head ever since he joined within the ranks of the Cavern wolves. So far, this packed worked a lot in the same way his former did. There were the alphas who spent most of their time with the cubs; The subordinates who picked up a lot of the slack, and the puppies, who were going to grow to be strong members of the pack. Due to the recent birth he didn't know much about his superiors, only that they seemed to be much better parents than his ever were.

One icy eye opened to find Minka's sleeping form gone. Panic shook him and he stood to leave the den. Her scent was fresh, which calmed him a bit, but he still needed to find her. It was time they had a talk anyways. Relief touched him as he spotted her up ahead, and his eyes softened. Something about her always made him feel better, like everything was going to be alright, and he was stupid for worrying. He chose not to announce his presence, as she would know he was there. He scent would touch her nose, or his careless padding would catch her ears.

Until this point their relationship was purely chemical. A reaction that happened when one element was put mixed with the next. He wanted more though. He wanted to know her, and about her. Where did she come from? How old was she? He had no idea, but he had a growing desire to learn everything. Maybe now wasn't the time though. She seemed a bit distraught. Was it because of him?

Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

It was his scent that had broken her free of her memories, though they had been good ones of when she was a pup and her den mother had told her stories at night. Subconsciously she had been worrying about her queen, it had been all she had been worrying about all week. Simaea had been called into the birthing den to assist a pup, but the alpha's illness had not subsided even after the pregnancy, she was growing sicker. The tension was carried in the second's muscles, they were tight and she barely had time to lay her mind to rest as she did her best to keep the cache full as well as try to do anything else her leader's might need her to do well Narimé rested. As the male approached she could feel her body relaxing, his presence soothed her both her body and her mind. Minka turned to him and golden eye caught blue, a smile playing upon her features as she gestured with her head for him to join her.

Sitting her rump upon the ground her eyes returned to the sky and almost unconsciously she spoke, "When I was just a pup I had a den mother named Huffie and every night when she was trying to wrangle me and my siblings into the den and calm us enough to sleep she used to sing us a song about the stars coming out." The words slipped from her maw without her even realizing she was speaking, something about him made her trust, as if she could tell him anything. A wistful smile was on her expression now, remembering the old woman who had taken care of them in her youth while her parent's had been busy doing alpha duties. Leaning over she rested her head against his mickle shoulder, finding his touch comforting, it was strange, the contact felt new and exciting and yet at the same time it felt like coming home.

Silence spread for a few moments and Minka removed her head from his shoulder, a serious expression on her face now as she spoke, "I feel like I don't know You Asterion but I.....I want to, I want to know you and I want you to know me." Her golden eyes shone with hope and yearning, she had never wanted anything more in her life than she wanted this man and she couldn't even explain why she felt that way.

fate hasn't finished
MINKA LEIGH
with you yet
(This post was last modified: Jun 29, 2013, 04:01 AM by Minka.)
Asterion Carne
He moved toward her, also finding comfort in her closeness. Although she had a tendency to be unpredictable toward him, this meeting had a different feel to it. There was no angst, or uncertainty. Both parties already knew that there was something between them. There would be no more guessing, and wondering. A small smile played on his lips as he looked into her eyes. Her voice caressed the night sky as she spoke to it. He wasn't sure if she was talking more to him or to herself, but regardless, he listened. Silence filled the air when she finished her brief story. He committed it to memory, holding onto it as though it were the most fragile piece of information. It gave him a bit of hope that one day they would grow to know each other.

Her head made contact with his shoulder, and he only tensed for a split second, before relaxing once more. The touch of another was still something he had to grow used to, but in time he knew he would. Minka brought with her a comfort that made him nervous, but excited all the same. Before her, he had been so against this type of lifestyle. A younger him would have told him to run away, even still there was a part of him that said not to get too close, but he ignored it with all he could. Her words were true, they didn't know each other at all. The fae beside him could have been a murderer for all he knew, but of course she wasn't. He could just look at her and know all of the goodness in her heart. "I want to know you too, but I don't even know where to start." Honestly, he didn't. Asterion had never been in a situation such as this. He had never fallen in love, or even wanted to. Ever since he left his birth pack, the only thing on his mind had been his own survival. All of this was so new to him, and he didn't know how to handle it. Eventually he would have to learn to let go and let the ride take him where it may, but that was a lesson that would come in time.

Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

Minka felt the brief tensing of his shoulder and for a second her heart fell, until he relaxed into her and all was forgotten, she was still growing used to the way he tensed at her touch. Perhaps there was something in Asterion's past that she didn't know, maybe one day she would find out what it was, but for now she was content to only know the things he told her. The steady heartbeat she heard soothed her, it was like the sweetest lullaby anybody had ever sang, and it was playing just for her in this moment. It was almost a sin to pull away, but the fae knew if she didn't then the proper knowledge wouldn't be shared, the two seemed to be doing everything backwards, but she was okay with that. The tawny woman's held cocked to the right as she pondered his comment, "I don't really know either, but we have all night," the words were accompanied with a laugh, though it was true they really did have all night.

Standing she gestured with her tail for Asterion to walk with her, maybe the movement would give them something to focus on and let the words come easier. After several moments of silence Minka laughed at their situation, how they both had the same goal but neither had a way of achieving it. Turning to look upon the dark form that she had grown so accustomed to in such a short amount of time, her eyes twinkled, "alright how about this, we take turns asking each other questions, but we have to answer it about ourselves first." Turning to look forward the femme wracked her brain for something basic, something that was really simple to start them off, no point in starting the game off on a heavy note.

Finally she found an answer, "Okay I'll go first, I was born into a litter of four, I have a brother named Rolland and two sisters named Belle and Emlen, but my mother was planning on having another litter in the spring, but I left before then, so I probably have more than that." Realizing she was rambling and it was only a simple question she blushed, ducking her head down in embarrassment, kicking at a loose stone that was in her path. Looking back up she blushed harder, "So my question is, do you have any siblings?"

fate hasn't finished
MINKA LEIGH
with you yet
Asterion Carne
A chill hit his shoulder where her warmth once radiated through his body. He found himself longing for her to place her head back, but he said nothing. It wasn't like him to ask things of another unless they personally owed him, and even then he had never missed the feel of another's pelt against his. A shiver ran through his body, and he hoped she would think it was the chill of the night air against him rather than the cold he felt from her pulling away. Her words hit him like a brick wall, and for the first time he realized the truth in that statement. He was here with her to stay. They had all night, and possibly the rest of their lives. What a strange concept.

Her gesture had his body moving to follow her without an ounce of protest. Another strange spell she had placed on him. If it were anyone else he might have protested, but he did not want to deny her. The offer of a game was another thing he couldn't refuse, but that stemmed back to his old self. Asterion was never one to reject a challenge, but this was a game without a winner. There would be no prize, or sense of greatness. No first place, or second. It was only the two of them, finally on an equal playing field, trying to figure out what exactly was between them. "I think that sounds fair." Really it was, because neither would ask a question that they themselves wouldn't answer. They were putting themselves up on the table for the other to see, hoping to receive the same frailties of the other.

He watched as she moved through her brain, searching for something to pull out, and he couldn't help but smile. It was so faint, and repressed so quickly that he couldn't be sure she had even saw it, but it had been there. Once again replaced by his calculating features. Her story poured over him, and he promised himself that he would remember every detail of his time with her. He would never be able to forget any of this, because it was important, and for whatever reason, so was she. The first one was easy, just about her siblings, and it was something he wasn't too hesitant to share. "I have only one sibling. A sister named Io. Her and I were the only cubs that I know of who were born of my mother. Netsu," He paused, after spitting a little too much hate into the name. Netsu was the bane of his existence, and a wolf he would surely like to take down a few pegs. Continuing on before she could notice too much, he spoke, "who would have been considered my step father had brought many litters into the world, but I never acknowledged them as family. My mother may have had litters after I left, but I assume none with my father." He too racked his brain for a question, deciding to go with a simple one as well. I have experienced about thirty-eight full moons give or take a few, so my question is, how old are you?" A very basic need to know question, and something he was curious about.

Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

Minka had seen the faint smile out of the corner of her eye, and responded with a wispy smile of her own. She found Asterion's emotions so hard to read, one minute he would show emotions so raw and the next they would be hidden behind an emotionless mask, the fae could only hope that one day he would let her all the way in. Her rust infused tail wagged in the air at the thought of the game, they had finally reached a place where neither of them would be struggling for the upper hand. Their pace had become a slow walk, both of them concentrating more on their thoughts than the movement, the walking more subconscious than anything. Nodding at his response to her questions the femme did her best to hide the shock she felt at how much hatred had been in his voice at the sound of his mother's name.

Storing away the information Minka made no comment on it, maybe someday down the road they would talk about it and she would hear that story, but for tonight she was happy with whatever he could offer. Everyone had her skeletons, this was something the fae knew well after all she had abandoned her family to join a different pack and had felt little remorse for these actions. The next question was an easy one, though it made her feel bittersweet about her own answer, "My third birthday will be at the end of June, but for now I am two." Sadness tinged her words, she had meant for her answer to come off upbeat but she just wasn't one who was able to hide her emotions well.

Quickly she changed the subject by presenting her own question, "I've always liked summer best because I love the sound of thunder, and it always seems to bring the most storms." This time the memories of home were happy, when she had been very young no more than a few months old she had used to watch the storms from the safety of the den at her father's side. Turning to look towards the man her face displayed emotions of joy, but also of a slight amount of homesickness, she didn't ever want to return there, but she relished the memories of her life as a pup when everything had been good. The fae posed her question, "What is your favourite time of the year and why? She knew she was slightly cheating by asking two questions instead of one, but she figured they were both easy ones so it wasn't a big deal.

fate hasn't finished
MINKA LEIGH
with you yet
Asterion Carne
I am sooo sorry this took so long e.e I am back now, and ready for sooo much Minrion!

He took note of her smile, figuring that she must have seen his. He made a mental note not to let it show through the cracks next time. It was a strange game he played with the female next to him. He was constantly trying to make sure he didn't get too close to her, and yet here he was begging to be next to her. Asterion had already decided that there was something seriously wrong in his head, and that was the problem here. If it weren't for his past he would have been an open book toward the female he found so endearing, but he couldn't let that happen. If she found out too much she might look at him differently. The brown male was a love child, who had ended up leaving the only family he ever knew. If her opinion changed then she might leave, or worse, take pity on him. Fortunately though, this was a time of peace for the pair. They weren't playing their usual tug of war, but rather giving as much slack as they were taking.

Assessing her reaction to his words he found shock dance across her soft features. He knew she caught the hitch in his voice, and was more than thankful that she didn't seem to question it. The male could almost sigh in relief as she continued on. One day he would tell her all about it, but only when he was sure she was ready. Maybe he needed to be ready as well. Her delicate voice fluttered through his ear once again, answering his question. The fae was just a bit younger than himself, which didn't come as a shock to him. It was obvious that she had matured, but she wasn't close to her elder years yet. He was unnerved by her tone though. Sadness poured into it, flowing like a river upon him. Why was her birthday a soft spot for her? He wanted to ask, but it wasn't the game. She hadn't asked him, and so he would let sleeping dogs lie. At least for now.

Her pitch changed however, turning into joy and a sense of wonder. Asterion was also surprised to find that they had something in common. The tell tale signs of a coming storm on the horizon, the light sound of thunder rolling upon the earth as everything was washed clean. It was astounding to watch, and something he relished in. He did however catch her sneaking in a second question, but he planned on using it to his advantage this time. "I believe I prefer summer as well, and for the same reason. I've always enjoyed watching a storm pour over the world, bringing new life and sustaining those already existing below." Racking his brain again, he found something that he didn't even think abut before, but it was a very important question. "I.. well.. I.. My mother always told me that some day.." He paused, unsure of how to word it, but he continued on because he needed to know. She needed to know as well. "She always told me that I would.. have pups.. and I never did. So my question to you, is.. Have you ever.. had your own litter?" If they were going to go anywhere he had to know if she had pups of her own somewhere, and if they were going to show back up in her life. He didn't mean to delve the questions too far, and he wouldn't be upset if she opted out of answering but he had to at least try.

Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

Minka could see his confusion and curiosity at her tone, but he let it go and for that the fae was thankful. This game was meant to be fun and diving into deeper desires and ghosts of their past would ruin that, it was far too soon for all of that to be released. Wonder replaced the lingering sadness and the femme turned to the man, her eyes dancing with admiration as he shared his common interest, the first thing that they found that they shared. A large smile spread across her face, "Well well, it seems we have something in common," her bell like laughter filled the forest around them, scaring a bird in the nearby bushes. Startled by its noisy exit the woman gasped and instinctively took a step closer to Asterion, her side pressing up against his own.

Embarrassed she stepped away once the fae realized it was only a bird that had startled her, ducking her head down as a flush rose up her neck. Mumbling she stuttered out an embarrassed apology before clearing her throat, searching for a distraction from her startle. Realizing she hadn't answered his question Minka again cleared her throat, and vulnerability shone clear on her features, "There is nothing I want more in the world than pups of my own, I always thought by my third birthday I would be raising my first litter of children. But....pups would mean being a leader which I will never be, which is a moot point because pups would mean a mate, and that would mean someone would want to mate with me...." Her honey voice broke, sadness overtaking her for a moment and the fae once more hung her head.

Taking a deep shaky breath the woman shook her head forcefully, as if trying to physically shake the thoughts and emotions from her mind. Once she raised her head the emotions were clear from her features and she continued, "So the answer to your question is no, I have never had a litter." The voice was dull now as she fought to keep herself together, Minka refused to once more fall apart in front of the man. No more questions were asked and the fae remained silent, knowing if she spoke now, even of a completely unrelated topic Asterion would hear the tremble in her voice and he would know just how hard she was fighting to stop herself from crying.

fate hasn't finished
MINKA LEIGH
with you yet
Asterion Carne
The sound of her laughter filled his head, and the air around them. As hard as he tried, he couldn't recall such a simple melody. Sure he'd heard others, even himself laugh before, but it was in the carefree way she did it. It was like she put her whole heart into it. A bird fluttered from a tree, and he felt her step into him. Instinctively he stood a little taller, ready for the bird to bring a whole mass of razor sharp feathers and talons upon them. It was enough to erupt a laugh of his own. Strange that the two predators could get so worked up over a small bird flying from it's nest. "It seems that we also both have a strange fear of small, harmless creatures." He gave her a playful smile, which seemed very out of character for him. Even he knew that it was an oddity.

He watched the sadness creeping into her features as she spoke, and he realized that it probably wasn't the best question to ask. He should have found something else, racked his brain for a question that wasn't important. Anything would have been better than watching her like this. The spirit inhabiting her before seemed a distant memory. Her laugh no longer rang against the wind, or echoed through the trees. Guilt balled up in his chest, and he wanted to tell her he was sorry. It wouldn't happen again. He just wanted her to be happy, and yet he was the one who turned her mood sour. The next shock he endured was due to her decrease in confidence. She was afraid she would never find a mate, or someone who would plan on having a family with her. It was the strange realization that he didn't even know where they stood. What was he supposed to call her, or vise versa? They hadn't defined their 'relationship', if they were even in one. The pair walked a strange line, teetering miles above the ground, unsure of their footing, and both afraid of falling. What would come next?

He tried to combine words, belt out a comforting sentence, but it was all failing him. Instead he moved forward, running his muzzled along her cheek. For the first time he stayed like that, refusing to pull away; not that he wanted to. He hoped that she would take comfort in his affection, but he wasn't sure if it was possible. He couldn't give her the world, and he wasn't sure if he could give her pups. He didn't know if he could have a family, or what it would mean for them. All he was sure of in this moment, was that he wanted to be exactly where he was. Asterion wanted her to be happy, and he needed her to be okay. "Anyone would have to consider themselves lucky just to be near you." In fact he did. She could have shooed him away at any point but she hadn't. Words began flowing then, and whether they made any sense was not up to him. "You're full of spit and fire, with a delicate presence to contrast. You are quite possibly the most insane wolf I have ever met, and I find you getting under my skin all of the time. Yet here we are, and still I feel the need to be here. I.. I like being around you." It was the closest to a confession she was going to get for now.