560 Users Online
Viorel, Isla, Bing, Google

but the tide, clung like and anchor to her feet
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Pinn who has 210 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
@Ace
The small raindrops which fell from the sky didn't seem to be letting up anytime soon. She wasn't sure how long she had been wandering the forest, but it was long enough for her coat to be thoroughly matted against her skin. Each splash that fell between her shoulders sent another shiver up her spine, and although the creamy fae should have been at home nestled against a nice tree, she wasn't. Sleep had evaded her for quite some time now. It was possible that she was running herself ragged by being this way, but she chose not to question it. The mist which usually covered the forest was overpowering now. Each step was like moving through a white wall. Maybe this was the reason she didn't notice the dips in the soil before her.

Dandelion eyes attempted to look up at the night sky, but were unsuccessful. The rising mist, and dark clouds above made sure of that. Common sense told her to turn home in case the storm picked up, but she felt no desire to head back to camp yet. Her thoughts drifted toward her mother, and where she was right now. Capella could remember her mother saying something about the afterlife, but she had been too young to remember exactly what it was. In fact, she had been too young to remember a lot of things, and because of it had almost no religion. It wasn't something that had ever concerned her before, but now it bothered her. She wanted to know where wolves came from, where they went after their time on Earth was no more. Why couldn't she remember what her mother had told her? Surely those were her beliefs, and they passed on along with her mother. Did her brother know? Was there even anything after all of this.

Her thoughts came to a crashing halt as she found herself face first on the ground. For a split second she even considered staying there. Oh how her pack mates would laugh at her if only they could see her now, laying face first on the wet ground, paw still submerged in a rabbit hole. Maybe it was karma? Caught by the very thing she preyed upon. The irony almost made her smile. Almost.

Regaining her bearings, she stood. It was likely a bad move though, as the pain tore through her limb immediately. A small yelp escaped her lips as she pulled her fore paw in closer. This is what she got for wandering through the misty woods in the dark, when she knew full well she should have been asleep. 'Great' She thought 'I'm going to have to limp all the way home'. At least she wasn't too far from their campsite. Always one to try and find a bright side to everything she smiled through the pain. At least for a day or so she would have to stick close to their makeshift home, and maybe spend some more time with the pups. The pair was growing up before her very eyes, and she wanted to have some part in their lives.

[Image: capell2_zps67b76aeb.png]

Lovely table, and signature by Arla <3

Played by Melorama who has 205 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello

Ace sighed softly as he lifted his face upwards to the sky, letting the raindrops splash gently onto his face and bared throat. The light rain reminded him of his home, as did almost everything else. But just feeling the drops land on him, seep into his thick, long coat before dripping onto the ground made him feel, well, like all of his worries were carried away by the rain drops. He didn't know how long he stood there, but after a while he decided to keep moving.

There was no prey wandering about, they were most likely hiding away in their homes; sheltering from the light rain falling upon the lands. The grey male desperately wanted to bring something back to his family, as he hadn't seen much prey around lately and the food cache was getting low. It was especially important now to keep it piled up, for Rosealia had two pups to feed now, the young prince and princess of their group; Karpos and Adsila Slayer.

A smile came upon his lips at the thought of the two youngsters. He had yet to meet them, but already felt the need to look after them as if they were his own; like a mother hen looking after her chicks. He had made a promise to himself, Shade, and the rest of his family that he would look after them all. After all, what was a family without the need to care for each other? But just a group sticking together to make life easier than it would be if they were all separated.

The grey male's thoughts were cut short as a yelp echoed throughout the gloomy forest. He pricked his ears, and his light grey eyes flicked around. The noise sounded familiar, but he couldn't quite put it to a face. Slinking to the source of the noise, Ace tried to not step on anything that might alert his presence. But his large frame hindered him slightly, causing him to make more noise that he intended. Once he had travelled quite far, he picked up the scent of a wolf, and it was one that he knew. A smile came upon his face and his tail swayed back and forth happily at the thought of meeting Capella again. He had liked their past interactions, and found that he wanted to know more about her.

Padding forwards, Ace walked through the thick fog that swirled around his legs and licked at his undersides. But as soon as he came upon the creamy fae he paused, and his face fell slightly. She was lying on the ground; her face on the wet ground, and one of her fore paws held above the ground. Immediately, his face changed to one of worry, and he stepped forward hesitantly. Was she alright? "Capella? Are... Are you alright?"

475 Words

If I could have you in my heart, I
would protect you forever
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
The grey male's scent reached her muzzle before his voice did. Embarrassment flushed through her immediately, spreading to every last hair on her body. Of course someone would have been there to witness such a disastrous moment. Usually she did well to disguise her clumsiness, but there would be no talking her way out of this mess. He clearly noticed that she was hurt, and the concern reading on his face warmed her heart. At least he wasn't laughing hysterically at her, right?

Sunny eyes turned quickly to the ground, looking everywhere but at him. Meeting his gaze would not be the safe route, as she might burst into flames upon contact. "Oh, yeah! 'm perfectly fine! Just these darn rabbit holes everywhere. I wasn't paying attention and I kind of fell in." Capella didn't want the male to think of her as careless, but there was no helping it. Every now and again she just got so wrapped up in her head that she couldn't find her way out. The world around her would cease to exist, and it was unfortunate for the small fae that there had been someone there to see her distress.

Words fell from her mouth again, as concern sounded in his voice. "Really though, everything is alright. I think I may have sprained my leg, but it should be alright in a day or two." Rambling, probably her second biggest flaw. Regardless of how hard she tried to stop the words from coming out, she couldn't help it. She had a need to describe the full situation, and she didn't want him to worry any more than he already was.

Played by Melorama who has 205 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello
@Capella
Terribly sorry for the long wait! :c

The grey male saw Capella look in every direction, except for directly at him; it seemed that she was embarrassed by him finding her like this. His brows furrowed slightly when her voice reached his ears, she sounded like she was trying to cover something up. But, if she didn't want to tell him, he wouldn't ask. With a mental shrug of his broad shoulders, Ace let a warm smile come upon his face as he looked at the creamy fae. His large, creamy head cocked slightly to the left at her words, before he opened his jaws to speak. "Yes, there do seem to be quite a few of them around here. Even I sometimes almost trip and fall." His words were full of laughter and kindness, he didn't want to seem like he was mocking her, and hoped that she knew it.

His light grey eyes looked down at her paw, which still hung the air, barely above the ground. A look of concern washed over his face for the briefest amount of time before the smile came back, although it didn't reach his eyes. Even though Capella said she was fine, he knew that she was hurt, and would help her until she could manage on her own. His eyes flicked back to her face as the creamy fae spoke again, this time confirming his suspicions. She had hurt her leg, and wouldn't be able to catch prey on her own until it healed.

Keeping his face straight and calm, he tried not to show the worry and concern that he had for Capella. Clearing his throat with a small cough, the grey male let his tail sway back and forth and smiled as he spoke. "Do you need any assistance in getting back to the den site?" His tone suggested very heavily that she could refuse his offer to help her, he wouldn't push her to do something that she didn't want to do, but he felt the need to help her.

336 Words

If I could have you in my heart, I
would protect you forever
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Capella tried her best to focus on their surroundings. It wasn't strictly for protection in her weakened state, but so she wouldn't have to face the large male who stood beside her. If she avoided his gaze he might see how troubled she truly felt, and what if by some magic he could guess at her thoughts? It would be a disaster. The pale knew she couldn't handle one of her pack mates looking at her with pity dripping across their features, and so her dandelion eyes fell to the trees, and grass. His light voice touched her ears, and for the first time she felt herself relax. Something about his presence was calming, and that was exactly what she needed right now. The fae allowed a smile to cross her maw, letting words of her own float on the air between them. "You do seem to be the clumsy type." Her voice remained airy and playful, taking even her by surprise.

Ace's tone struck her very core. Warmth radiated throughout her body, and she honestly couldn't imagine how she had gotten so lucky. By some miracle she'd met Shade. Through that single connection she found many wolves that she readily accepted as her family. Each of them had something to offer the other, and in this case Ace was offering her help. He was a sturdy wolf, and probably the most capable of helping her in her predicament. Of course her pride wouldn't let her accept his help unless it was absolutely necessary. With a smile she attempted to take a step forward while rambling aloud to him. "Oh I'll be fine, I just.." A yelp echoed through the trees, and she realized that she might have to put her pride away for the night. Embarrassment flushed through her once more and she stood with her paw raised. "I.. think I might need a little help." She let a lighthearted smile grace her lips, but her eyes continued on their mission to see everything but him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -