(See All?) Announcements
504 Users Online
Bing, Google

a new symptom arises
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Selk who has 32 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Lyr
He lay close to her but within the downpour. It made her embarrassed for him to tell her he had saved someone else. Part of her wanted him to tell her that what she had done was not foolish... But both of them know this to not be true. Lyr tried to go over the events of the past 24 hours, of chasing and of collapsing, but it was hard. A fog had fallen on the memory of the past day, similar to the one that covered the memories of her childhood. Perhaps with sleep and food she would remember once more.

"I am..." She paused before giving a definite answer. Was she alright? An attack like this hadn't happened in a while, but she did not plan on telling him that. Better to let him believe it was the shock from the wound than the internal struggle she'd lived her life with. "I'm just glad you found me. You should not suffer the rain, sir," she said openly.

However when he offered to welcome her into his home she stiffened. Home might have meant many things. Was he a pack wolf? Did he have a large family? Would there be other wolves to watch her struggle through her movements? A crowd was the least thing she wanted but she also didn't want him wet. With the wet came chills and fevers... And no information. Who was this wolf? She couldn't say for she couldn't smell any scents of family or of hearth. So instead, her muddled mind framed a question at him to delay the need to respond to his offer. "What sort of life is it, living amongst the rocks?" she asked with wide, genuine eyes, hoping he would give her a better picture of what she might be walking into.
(This post was last modified: Oct 07, 2013, 03:12 AM by Lyr.)
Played by Bryony who has 171 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Chulyin Nyanquet
She seemed unsure. Chulyin could only assume that she was not ok. Perhaps she was in no state to even get to the Pass, but he would be willing to act as a crutch as he had before. It would be far safer there than here on the mountain where other predators lurked. He bowed his head, a slight smile coming upon his muzzle, <b style="color:#a51919">"I think it's a bit late for me to worry about the rain." He was soaked down to the bone and could hardly feel the patter of raindrops now. The smile dissipated once the words had faded into the past, and he clenched his jaw, hoping that she would accept his offer of safety, even if it was just for a short time. His offer seemed to stun her, though he supposed that was natural. Or maybe it wasn't. How much thought had to go into safety and health?

<b style="color:#a51919">"You must train your paws to be sure upon the rocks. But it is comfortable and safe." He did not dare go into too much detail, already unsure of his ability to bring a stranger home with him. It was not his desire to challenge his sister's consort, but Chulyin could not leave this female out in the rain, not in the state she seemed to be in. Forepaws shuffling against the wet stone, he glanced about quickly, ears tipped back. In the rain, he could not smell danger and it impeded his vision as well. It was not safe here. <b style="color:#a51919">"I believe my sister would be willing to house you, if only until you are fit to travel again. But we cannot stay out here." Part of him was certain that that was a lie. The pass was a hidden place. Those that stumbled upon its borders were not treated kindly. <b style="color:#a51919">"I am Chulyin." He added, ears still reclined against his head as he shifted uncomfortably. <b style="color:#a51919">

Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Played by Selk who has 32 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Lyr
The rain bred illness every moment he was in it, but Lyr kept as silent on this as he did of his circumstances here on the mountain. She was always asking these questions, and most gave her answers to shrug her off. This was natural, she supposed, but maintained her silence. The next one who spoke... Lo and behold, in his next breath he was telling her of his sister and her housing her. So there was a family in the mountain and she'd stumbled across a member, was that it then? Here was her opportunity to blend in and examine the life of these wolves. She would look with her eyes and see their ways, hear their stories. This was a great opportunity...

But the social landscape of Relic Lore didn't interest her, right? She'd always kept to herself and been so alone... The wound on her head was still fresh and as she furrowed her brow in thought, a rivulet rolled down her white face. She tried licking at it but was unable to reach. It would be awkward to treat herself, and a sudden intrigue into the mountain plants struck her. Perhaps if she went... for science?

"We cannot stay here," she echoed him solemnly, digesting this. All signs pointed to this pack, and who was she to question fate? "We will go then," she declared. "But I will not stay long... a-and... I will need you to be my legs again, and my strength," she warned him. The thought of standing was distressing enough, but nothing prepared her for how her muscles screamed in protest when she finally pushed once more against the earth. For a moment she thought she would lose her body again, but she wobbled as if on stilts and found her footing. "Chulyin," she murmured, before blinking at him with mismatched eyes. "I am Lyr," she said fiercely, waiting to rest upon his body again before attempting her first step away from the place the goat had led her.

//exit lyr
Played by Bryony who has 171 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Chulyin Nyanquet
The fresh trickle of blood that wound its way down her face caused him to frown. They'd need to go. Leaning over her, he gave the injury a single lick, doing away with the terrible mark. The taste was...well, it was terrible and his nose wrinkled as he sat back up in the rain, tempted to spit, but resisted. Thankfully she agreed with him, and his shoulders seemed to relax with this new knowledge. Her words were something of a threat. I will not stay long. Did such knowledge disappoint him? There was something in his gut, but he could not be sure what it was. Chulyin nodded, mostly just pleased that she agreed to this, and he rose to all fours as she made her own struggle against gravity.

<b style="color:#a51919">"It is a pleasure, Miss Lyr." He nodded, steadying himself so they could begin the journey up towards the Pass. He lifted a paw, then paused, taking a deep breath inward so that he could howl, alerting the wolves of the Pass that he was on his way with company. It was the least he could do. <b style="color:#a51919">"The trek should not take too long. Please tell me if you need to stop." Beyond that, the man did not speak, only walked in time with his injured companion... <b style="color:#a51919">

/exit Chulyin
Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention