(See All?) Announcements
568 Users Online
Bing, Google

Swallow Your Pride — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Whisper who has 32 posts.
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Calla Lyall

The question posed of asking if her father had returned had Calla nodding her demeanor losing some of the earlier spirit. "He did, and brought with him another wolf who...was to be our sister." Calla understood the notion of adoption, but to her, it had almost seemed as if Borden was attempting to fill the void left by Taima by bringing in another. She hadn't exactly given the other a chance, though, as she took it on herself to find her sister. "I would like to go with you, when you go. " If she didn't go earlier. Calla knew well enough to know that with winter around the corner, it would be foolish to try to go over the mountains. If wolves didn't know where Taima was on this side of the lore, she would have to go to the other side. Calla nodded when Elettra asked her about what Jaysyek had taught her. "Mother taught me alot about being in a pack.. I know how to act, and stuff. I've learned to hunt, and I know some about herbs, but not alot." She held herself tall and proud, watching the dark queen quietly after she answered. It took a moment before Calla forced herself to ask another question. "I would be willing to learn what you need me to.." Any skills she learned now had to help her find her sister later, right? Calla once again fell silent, her golden eyes watching the face of the Willow Ridge alpha, but did not edge into the land of no return by looking at her eyes.

Word Count: 266
Table by Whisper
user posted image
Played by Mily who has 194 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Hotei Tainn
His yellow eyes switched to the scenery once more; watching the willow branches whisk over the earth on a silent breeze. Kasai watches the breeze hit the tree before him. Then he feels the touch of wind as it winds its way through his fur and over his skin. The dark wolf had to suppress another shiver while he sat keeping one eye on the ladies and also looking out for danger. The male spotted a hawk flying high. Much higher than normal. Then he realized that the hawk was headed southwards. How nice it must be to be able to escape the soon to come winter. Kasai thought quietly while watching the heaven bound bird soar far across the sky. Of course winter was still quite a ways off, but Kasai still feared it. Unlike nearly all of the rest of his kind he had a reason to fear the cold.

His yellow orbs now looked at the clouds that were gathering to the south. They were so far off that the dark man wasn't sure if they would make it to the Wildwood. All he could sense for now was calm weather ahead. So he turned his gaze back to the she wolves for a moment once more listening to a bit of their talk. He heard Elettra speak of three others which Kasai did not recognize. Though he had once met a low perhaps depressed Borden before the Tainn had not received a name from the Lyall.

Then he heard Calla answer and nodded his head in approval though the male kept silent. She was young so it was to be expected that the girl would only know the basics of surviving. It was easy enough to teach someone who wanted to learn a certain skill. Though she doesn't at all look like a guardian. So maybe hunter or healer even? He thought looking over the white wolfs smaller stature. She really wouldn't be very intimidating to loners at a border.

(This post was last modified: Sep 24, 2013, 05:51 PM by Hotei.)
[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
[Image: hashtags-jessiehotei02.png]
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Elettra listens, though speaks not on behalf on Borden having returned to his family, though obviously failing to return the child that had been previously lost. It had been the same situation before when he had left, returning empty handed with the pack in shambles. Elettra could only hope that the Lyall family, Jaysyek mainly, was fairing well despite being uprooted from her home and being delivered the news that her daughter was still lost, only to be 'handed' yet another. Nodding ever so slightly to Calla's word on wishing to go over the mountain, Elettra would take what the girl had said into consideration. Surely, she would be willed to go with or without Elettra's permission at some point in time and Elettra would be more at ease to know Jaysyek's daughter was at her side on her travel then out on her own as yet still young. With Partessence having sadly up and vanished, Elettra had yet to fully make a decision on who would replace her in her travels anyhow.
Elettra's attention shifts momentarily to her Guardian at her side, his nod of approval and taking note of his tensed body to the winds which whipped about with the new autumn season. Though the ranks were rising with loners seeking shelter kept her from worry over guardianship and hunters, Elettra's worries turned to the individuals - Kasai with his lack of fur and of course, Skana with her age. Though Kasai had made it this far with patches of fur missing from his burned body, Skana had not done well last Winter and suffered every day with age. The two members would definitely need direction and care this Winter to insure their survival. Likely, the pair would soon learn much more of each other whilst hauled up in the pack den. Turning back to Calla, she assess what was now to be considered the newest member of her pack. "You're still young and with plenty of time for training. Keep to hunting and herbs if this is what you know best. We can always use more hunters and as I am the only medic in the pack, perhaps I could make further use of you as an assistant?" In time, Calla with age could take to a certain role if she wished it within the pack, though until then Elettra would make certain she honed the skills she had already learned. Perhaps if Callas interest in herbs heightened, Elettra could teach her further in the art so her own services as a healer would not be so demanding. "Welcome to your new home, Calla Lyall. Perhaps, Kasai, you would like to lead her to our den?" The invitation was set, allowing Kasai to move back into the heart of their home and out of the cold where the pack den lay. Elettra's duties were far from over, after all.
Played by Mily who has 194 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Hotei Tainn
Kasai picked his back end off the ground letting his tail lift to below that of Elettra's regal banner. Though his tail swayed higher than the white yearlings own tail. He returned Elettra's somewhat concerned? look with a half smile and a tiny wag of his ebony tail. Then looked towards Calla who was to be his new pack mate. He gave to the white child a full smile and a dip of his dark head in welcome.

It was then that Elettra spoke voicing something of a suggestion (though he'd take it as an order) to lead Calla to the den. In truth the dark Tainn was happy to head back to the confines of the den away from the chilled wind. I hope this damn winter fur comes in soon.. the complaint was not voiced instead Kasai turned his yellow gaze to Calla regarding her with a more friendly look.

"Will do ma'am.." He glances to Elettra once more then turns to start padding deeper into Willow Ridge territory. "This way little lady." Kasai beckons the white wolf with a few flicks of his tail then starts trotting back towards the den. The man enjoyed the few times when no wind blew and only the sun hit his black pelt. He would soak in that warmth then slowing to a walk on the way back then picking up the pace as the breeze started up again.

The way back from the border was already cleared by deer and other wolves who had used the trail in the previous year. Perhaps a good thing for a tired guardian who wanted nothing more than to get to a warm place.

(Exit Kasai)

(This post was last modified: Sep 28, 2013, 05:05 PM by Hotei.)
[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
[Image: hashtags-jessiehotei02.png]