534 Users Online
Google, Bing, Finley

Steal Away
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Mimi who has 313 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
what if i say i'm not like the others?
what if i say i'm not just another one of your plays?
you're the pretender, what if i say i will never surrender?

The way the white girl spoke definitely meant she had been with whatever pack she was leader of from the start. Along with that, he gained the knowledge that the founding members of said pack had abandoned her, left for some reason or another. The Baranski frowned, biting back the desire to bristle at hearing about such a lack of devotion to others. It was despicable! Really, they could have at least had the decency to say their goodbyes before they took flight. Hell, it was all it took to be seen as a respectable leave in the brute’s eyes. Should a wolf ever leave his pack without so much as a “farewell”, well, they wouldn’t be on friendly terms with the agouti male at all. Attacked on sight, at the very least.

Nowhere to go, hm? He couldn’t help the smile that toyed with the corners of his lips. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“Nonsense,” he chuckled somewhat, shaking his head, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“why, I can name two packs on this very side of the Lore, not to mention the possibility of more.” Though the brute hinted at forming his own pack, Maksim and his current fair-coated companion were rather close to a third pack: Oak Tree Bend. Maksim knew nothing of it, yet, but in time he would come to. Perhaps, sooner than he realised. Regardless, the packs he spoke of were Darkwater Rapids and Magnolia Glen. Whilst he could not claim much about the Glen, he knew one of their members: a youngster by the name of Ataneq, a kind hearted youth who had helped the Darkwater wolves with a potentially fatal problem. His assistance spoke greatly of his pack and neither Maksim nor Ava had reason to distrust the Magnolia Glen wolves.

Anastasia Starklen. Well, that was certainly a pretty name—quite fitting of the pristine coated woman who stood before him, indeed. She finished her introduction with a soft “previous Teacher and now Leader of Pitch Pine Trail”. Ah, so that was the name of the pack she felt she had no use within anymore. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“A pleasure to meet you, queen of the Trail.” He gave a dip of his head. Manners were not lost on him, after all.<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">

we are shining in the rising sun, as we are floating in the blue
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
As the time pressed on between them the more and more she felt comfortable in his presence. Strangers had always been a friend to Anastasia but after recent events, friends seemed few and far between. Lachesis had stuck by her regardless of title or place of residence so perhaps Maksim would be just the step-up she needed to get herself out of her troublesome woes. Laughing a little as he chuckled and told her that it was nonsense that there was nowhere for her to go. “Yes but I do not know any of them personally,” she answered with a laugh of her own finding that the first thing she wished for was that she joined to a pack with a friend. Hoping into Shade’s pack when all she knew was Lachesis seemed to have caused something of a dent in her plans.
Ana knew of many of the surroundings packs and even of some on the other side. She had learned of them on her first arrival, being with Lachesis on the opposite side of the mountain. As much as she wished to tell Maksim of the haunt that threatened her and likely the Trail, telling him of Elettra who had caused Shade’s death seemed too sensitive a topic. She did not wish for the guardian to see any ill intent in her nor that something evil might be following her like storm clouds.
A wash of timidity claimed her as he dipped his head to her in greeting, naming her a Queen of the Trail she lived within. Weeks before Shade’s death she would have felt honored for the name of Queen to arise in relation to her. However, now, it simply did not seem fitting. “As to you Mister Baranski,” she offered him with her own regal tip of her crown finding that his presence alone was more than appreciated.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski

Maksim was somewhat glad she laughed. It meant that whatever sadness had her wandering around in her words was being supressed by his company. He wasn’t very good at being overly friendly—he personally found it strange to bound up to someone so excitedly—he did what he could to be a good man. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“Well, try looking at it this way: no wolf knows a pack personally until they introduce themselves.” Why, if he lived by such ideals he never would have been accepted into Grizzly Hollow, wouldn’t have been what he was in Darkwater Rapids, and she would not have been leader of this Pitch Pine Trail (even if her ties to it were now sectile). Without either of them getting to know a pack personally, they probably would not have been standing and conversing at this very moment in time.

The guardian knew nothing of Willow Ridge. The only packs he truly knew of were on this side of the mountain. Perhaps he should have gotten to know the west valley better before travelling to the east. The Baranski had no regrets though, the Attaya family were good wolves with good intentions, asked only for the loyalty of their members. He was tied here now, by his duty and loyalty to the black furred couple. At least, for now; who knows what could end up happening. Hopefully it wouldn’t be something tragic. He was quite fond of the pack, especially the kids romping around.

Anatasasia offered a dip of her own head. It seems manners were not lost on her, either! She seemed a gentle soul. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“You care not for leadership, you express a desire to leave but you say that there is nowhere for you to go,” he began, eyeing her with a small smile, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“but I ask you one thing. Just know you are not obliged to answer.” He momentarily glanced at the mountain before returning his verdant gaze to her. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“Why not come with me? I have … well, plans I intend to set into motion soon.” Such a bizarre question for a stranger to ask. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“But, as I said, you are not obliged to answer should you not want to.” He wasn’t about to pressure her into answering something so sudden.<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
“I’ve met a few wolves from their respective packs,” she answered honestly as she recalled meeting quite a few. There was Semananti from Willow Ridge at the time, then Nina from Secret Woodlands… alright, so she didn’t know about all of the packs and only assumed that she had met most of them. Oh well. Of course, she had never heard of Darkwater Rapids so perhaps that was the clue that she did not know all of them. Information had been given of others but she had never seen their faces nor heard their voices. Maksim was here to guide her, though. She felt it and could see it within the heart of his eyes and kind disposition.
His analytical idea of her not caring for leadership was slightly false—she did care for leadership, she loved her position because she had always believed that she was not worthy of such a place. Her birth pack had instilled in her that very unrealistic idea, leaving her feeling quite out of place upon coming here. Surprising her yet again, her eyes alight to express her shock, he asked if she might consider going with him. Where? she thought idly, mentioning that he planned to set some things in motion soon. “Like what?” she asked, not fully grasping that he had the intention to make his own home instead of leading one that he was already a member (and leader) of.

Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
a little short - sorry!

Maksim had leapt immediately into Grizzly Hollow himself. Winter was a harsh time to be a lone wolf and, as he saw it, he had needed to be somewhere other than the freezing cold to survive. The den had offered him warmth, offered him relief. At any other time, he might have checked through his options before making the decision but perhaps he had been a little desperate to shake the loneliness out of his coat and welcome a rank and title back in, the scent of an adopted family of friends. It had sufficed and the agouti male had found friendship in the lead female, Ava. During their move from the west valley to the east, the woman had been heavily pregnant and Maksim had watched her every step of the way (of course, he had not encroached on Kade at all).

Perhaps his choice in wording had been wrong. He didn’t mean to say lack of care for leadership; it was more so a lack of wanting it in the way it was given to her. The way Anastasia’s eyes lit up cause a little bubble of amusement to appear in his gaze. Surprise! <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“I plan to move to a new home soon,” he explained, though perhaps he needed to bring up one key point, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“my own.” Maksim attempted to gauge some kind of reaction before he continued. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“I aim to return to Darkwater Rapids soon and then take my leave after I’ve gathered enough recruits.” He cast his gaze upstream before looking back to his blue-eyed friend. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“Would you consider returning with me?”<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
he went to the gym so i'm stealing a quick end post! (and PP Maksim's reaction to an added member if that's okay?)

The handsome guardian of Darkwater Rapids was planning to make a new pack all his own? It sounded promising and while she had just met the wondrous soul, she felt comfortable with him. She already felt like she knew him well enough to be comfortable in a pack of his creation. The thought astounded her, to feel so excited about something for the first time in a while. At first it had been Reaper’s idea, then to take care of another man’s children and doted about them but then it had faded as the harder times had come to pass—now, she had something good in her life again to look forward to.
“That sounds lovely,” she answered with a smile as she could already see herself following the man through anything. “But I do have a friend that will travel with me and join you, if that’s okay? We’re kind of a package deal, I guess. His name is Lachesis,” she answered happily in knowing that her and her best friend might have a decent place to live after all. Things were looking up and she sure hoped that Maksim could provide everything that he wished to. “I’ll tell my co-Alpha that his mate can step-up if she wishes and I’ll await your invite.” This was just another grand step in her life that could not be forgotten or missed, the two Trail members would certainly (and hopefully) find happiness there where the Trail had not.
Dipping her head and finding her respect already shown for the strong soon-to-be leader, confident in his plans to make his own palace, she left him only with the intention that he would be back to invite her to stay with him until things got squared away.

Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
Aaand it's a wrap! ;)

Had Maksim known that he were essentially whisking her away on a white steed, he would have made more of an attempt to dazzle the white lady before him, to make her feel more than just some temporary, replaceable leader. Perhaps, he would be able to show that side of him at a later date, as she graciously accepted his proposal of travelling with him back to Darkwater Rapids. His black-tipped tail began to sway behind him, returning her smile. Anastasia mentioned a friend, however, a “package deal” of sorts and his interest was piqued; what would this Lachesis fellow bring to the plate? Still, he would not deny another. The more the merrier after all. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“Of course,” he offered in response, nodding his head as he spoke. He wouldn’t want to be known as the one who split them. Besides, a bigger party of members for the start of the new pack would mean a better chance during winter.

<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“Expect me to come in a few days, miss Anastasia Starklen. Until then.” Verdant green eyes watched as the white woman turned away, disappearing into the fog and the trees surrounding them. Inhaling deeply, it was the Baranski’s turn to walk off, returning to the river bank and deciding to follow it home. Today had been a resounding success, recruiting someone to the cause of his pack. His creation. A little bubble of a chuckle escaped his throat, a strange sense of joy. He’d certainly return to Darkwater Rapids with a spring in his step. The only question that remained was would he leave with one, too? <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">

(This post was last modified: Sep 29, 2013, 08:59 PM by Maksim.)