526 Users Online
Bing, Google

Infiltrate
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by bcmuffin who has 49 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Samhain

@Ace?

The girl is thin and she can feel her gradually growing weakness keenly. The chill of autumn bites to the bone and she knows this winter will be hard - harder if she remains alone.

Breathing deeply the brown wolf moves with purpose across the boggy ground. It gives way beneath her feet as the rain continues to fall but her mind is set on the task at hand and she is not deterred. Nose to the ground she tracks them, those that travel this way frequently enough to leave a trail for those like her to find. Those that search. She needs shelter, she needs food... She needs a pack like this one. One with fewer scents than the others she has passed. It looks promising - it will give her room to thrive.

As the scents grow stronger she shrinks in on herself. Her sodden coat lying flat as while her spine arches and her head lowers, ears pinning flat to her head as her tail tucks out of sight, muddy legs splayed - ready to flee. She pauses as if held by an invisible force, the fence line is here where the scents lay thickest and she does not dare to move closer. Her head stay low as she howls - warning the wolves that live here that a stranger lingers near, although not with ill intent, and she waits for someone to come and greet her - to see if her suspicions will be confirmed.

Samhain
psycho killer teen dream action film
Played by Melorama who has 205 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello
@Samhain

Winter was fast approaching, -with it came freezing frosts and cold nights- and that meant most lone wolves would attempt to get into a pack before the cruel cold truly set in. That was why he had patrolled the borders more frequently, especially since there was a prince and princess in the pack. He would do anything to keep the lifeline of the Slayers and Pitch Pine Trail alive. They had no mother, and their father was dead. All they had left was the members of their pack.

Padding at a slow, leisurely pace, Ace marked the borderline every twenty feet or so, to make sure that any lone wolves that came across the border, there would be no way of them not noticing that a pack lived in the area. He didn’t want them in his territory, and if they were, they had better have a good reason for it.

The cold chilled him to the bone, but he kept moving forward. He always completed a border patrol, and never returned until he was satisfied that it was finished properly. It was his duty to serve the pack, protect and look after each member as if they were family, which they all were. The Pitch Pine Leader suddenly stopped and pricked his ears as a howl sounded out, breaking the silence that enveloped the Fen. It was from an unknown wolf, warning them that a stranger was near their border, but not with ill intent. Immediately Ace started to pad in his direction. No call ever went unanswered, and he wouldn’t start now.

The Pitch Pine Leader quickly came upon a smaller red, brown and cream female. She seemed to be cowering; head lowered, ears pinned and tail tucked out of sight. He stared at her, disgusted at her full act of submission. No wolf should ever go as low as her unless if there was a fight and she was forced, but willingly? No, it was just unnatural for him, but maybe it wasn’t for her.

Lifting up his head and tail he strode up to the cowering fae and stared at her for a few moments, his silver eyes scanning over her. “Get up.” His tone of voice was harsh and commanding, as it seemed that no other way would get her to stand up straighter for her position on the muddy ground, though still at a respectable height. He would see if she had the will to defend herself and prove she could handle everything before he would even consider joining his pack.

427 Words

If I could have you in my heart, I
would protect you forever
Inactive No Rank
Samhain

Were it not for the coming in of her winter coat, ribs would be visible along the young girl’s flank. Her tongue is dry and sticks to the roof of her mouth as she waits, respectful, small and non-threatening. She can not afford a fight. She is no danger to them, starved and lonely as she is. A gust of wind brings the strong scent of a dominant male to her nose and she shrinks down even further. The words that come from him cut her like a knife.

Get Up.

It goes against everything the brown wolf has ever learned. She flinches as if she has been struck but slowly braces her legs, rising to her meagre height while leaving her head dipped low. Dull brown eyes remain trained on the ground and her body shakes with fear, her tail remains tucked out of sight, all the while wondering what sort of cruel joke this is? Her muscles are tense, ready to flee. Perhaps she had read the signs all wrong. Maybe she will die here?

Her breath is caught in her chest as she waits on nervously splayed legs. When no further words come from the large grey brute she swallows heavily, her lips pull tight across her muzzle, smooth and full of submissive fear. Dare she speak without being spoken to? Dare she throw away everything she has ever been taught? Harsh lessons taught with sharp teeth hold her back and she waits, a picture perfect image of silent obedience and respect.

Samhain
Played by Melorama who has 205 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello
Extremely sorry for the wait! School got the best of me :c
@Samhain

At his harsh words the mottled fae flinched, but raising to her feet, and what he assumed to be her full height, but from her cowered position, he couldn’t be sure. The Pitch Pine Leader had no idea why the mottled fae was acting like she was; fear or cowardice? Silver eyes scanned over the fae, searching for anything that she could use to contribute to the pack. He saw no complications with her, but then again, not really anything that she could be useful for. The only way he could know was to ask.

But first, he wanted to know her name, where she had come from, and why she wanted to join his pack. Knowing the background of a potential new recruit was always good, as that gave him a better description of whether the wolf would do well in his pack. First off though, he would introduce himself to the mottled fae, as he never liked to be rude by not telling his name. “I am Ace Caravello, leader of Pitch Pine Trail.”

He stared at the mottle fae for a few silent moments, his posture had lowered ever so slightly, attempting to show her that he meant no harm, without letting go of his dominance. His kindness only went so far to wolves that he didn’t know, and the mottled fae was a complete stranger, albeit he was curious about her. He wanted to find out why she was so scared of him, if it was that she was fearful, that it. But he didn’t want to take all of her secrets away from her, soon, he would ask why, if she showed promise to Pitch Pine Trail. “Who are you, where do you come from, and why are you here?” His tone of voice was not harsh anymore, instead it only held power and kindness. For anger and commanding only took one so far, and he wasn’t the type of wolf to act like that to a stranger, unless if he had a reason to.

340 Words

If I could have you in my heart, I
would protect you forever
(This post was last modified: Nov 02, 2013, 09:15 AM by Ace.)
Inactive No Rank
Samhain

This wolf is so different to Master. His name is not Sir, but Ace Caravello. She lets the name roll around in her head, the tip of her brown tail twitching in the beginnings of a wag - perhaps it is safe for her to drop her guard just a little... Her eyes briefly dart up to his face before hastily sliding away again - not wanting to push her luck too much. When there is no angry growl in response, no sting of sharp teeth wrapped about her muzzle, she breathes, a little more of the tension leaving her shoulders with a relieved sigh.

Who are you, where do you come from, and why are you here?

He conducts himself more like a guardian than a leader and for a moment the girl is confused. His stance has relaxed and his voice seems... softer. Perhaps her cowering has been unwarranted all along? Finally she pulls her head up to its proper height, daring to focus her dull brown eyes on the mans dark nose, or a cheek, or an ear - anything but the man’s silver eyes. As a loner, she knows she is not this wolfs equal and to do so could be deadly.

“My name is Haine... Samhain...” she manages gently, her voice, though scratchy from disuse is somewhat more musical than one would expect from such a plain looking girl. “I come from the South, and I am here looking for a pack. I used to be a guardian... before...” She knew the man before her might think it laughable, a wolf as small as her being a guardian - but she was fast, and sometimes that was enough. “But I would work hard at whatever task you had need of me for.”

Samhain