(See All?) Announcements
695 Users Online
Ryder, Bing, Google

darkly, darkly, venus aversa
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Shae who has 12 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Elvira Vielle
<blockquote>The high rocks surrounding the den quarters of Midnight Plateau were like a safety net, a place where a refugee could stow away and turn their tail on the rest of the world like the world did on them. There was no sympathy felt in order to give the cold shoulder to everyone else, for nobody could ever begin to understand her extent of inner turmoil and mental suffering up until this point. The daydreams and nightmares of yesterdays weren't necessarily as long gone as she hoped them to be. She would find herself on several dark, moonless nights waking up with terrors, the <span class='word'>palpitate</span> of her heart drumming so strong she would think she nearly suffered a cardiac arrest (and the palpitate could also be felt in her empty womb, where little innocent bodies were once nourished). She might have been removed from the situation by force, but the removal of herself physically didn't prevent the repetition of her past to plague her memories and reveries on a nightly basis. Besides, there were physical <i>and</i> mental internal scars that wouldn't properly heal for the rest of her life.

As darkness was beginning to descend, the dark she-wolf felt uneasy with what the coming night would bring in store of her imagination and dreams. Then again, there was something about this place, something about Midnight Plateau, that also held a pastoral aura to it. Stable, soothing, placid... it was <i>just</i> what the doctor prescribed for her uneasy spirit (and the role of the <i>doctor</i> had been Alexander himself, for giving her the willing chance to become one of his territory). Sleep and weariness from travel weighed down the gravity of her bones and limbs, and mentally fighting the urge to simply drop down where she was for a siesta, she remained tall and alert, even for a lowly subordinate like herself. Weakness, nor vulnerability, held no stance in these new lands, and she wasn't about to let the world estimate her for a lower value than she appeared to be. Withered and skinny from her travels, she lacked the nourishment that would otherwise be found clinging to her limbs, but it had been many moons since she last hunted with a structured pack, and even longer since she obtained a worthy meal to feel satiated from.

There were only two other wolves here at best: Alexander, the leader of the Plateau, and another face and figure that the Vielle female didn't have the opportunity to meet yet. If there was a first impression scenario to spring upon her, she wanted to be just as spring and alert like a dedicated and worthy member <i>should</i> be. <i>No more room for weakness, you do not live the ways like you used to. You are free, into another system entirely.</i> Sauntering through the coming shadows of the evening, to which she was perfectly veiled and matching for, the Subordinate took to duly exploring about the crevices of the Plateau.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Nov 07, 2010, 10:33 PM by Elvira.)
Played by Bryony who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
For the past few days, Alexander had been sticking to the confines of the Plateau. There were new wolves about, and he wanted them to know that he'd be around if they were in need of anything. The Mountain of Dire could be a treacherous place if you didn't know what you were doing. Though, he supposed that the best way to learn would just be by making mistakes. The Leader of Midnight Plateau didn't want to see any mistakes though. A mistake made on a mountain was never a good mistake.

But hunger had gotten the best of him, so he decided to wander away for a few hours, hoping to grab a meal and bring it back. His prize was a mountain goat, but due to its size, he found himself unable to drag it back to the territory. It wasn't far though, so informing his pack mates of his prize would be enough. Lazily licking the blood that stained his muzzle, he set foot back onto the plateau again, and spotted a dark shape moving about. Elvira? He could only assume, as her fur was black, so was the shape. Of course, with the falling light, it could have been anyone, really.

"Elvira," He called out, deciding that it really was here, so sticking a question at the end of it was utterly pointless. He moved towards her, tail over his back in sheer pride that there were wolves wandering around Midnight Plateau once again.

Played by Shae who has 12 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Elvira Vielle
<blockquote>There was not much detail that seemingly struck her as overly enthralling, but the change in terrain was something pristine to where it would take adjusting to the slopes and margins of the Plateau's topography. High and slanted ground was something her paws were not accustomed to, for she had been born upon cold, hard solid Earth, and there was no variation of mountains or hills to disrupt that. Everything about coming to this strange new land was a three hundred sixty degree change in every aspect.

Her meanderings were short lived, for a weighty masculine voice called out her name. Gliding her molten amber eyes in the direction of the voice, it fell upon the dignified stance of the Leader himself, Alexander. Taking in as how the brawny Leader carried himself high upon his paws, it would only be assumed for her to automatically submerge down into submission. She was a Subordinate after all, and it was in this balance of Leader and Subordinate that each had to play their roles accordingly. With the standard ear lowering, bowing, tail tucking, and making sure not to display any giveaway of arrogance, her voice acknowledged his own. <b>"Alexander, sir."</b> Elvira responded, her voice rich with indebtedness. <b>"How are you feeling today?"</b> A common greeting, simple and to the point. </blockquote>
Played by Bryony who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
That was something he was certain he'd never get used to. All the bowing and crawling and all those other signs shown of the subordinates. He wanted to tell her to just rise, there wasn't much point in holding herself so low, but what would she think? Maybe he worried too much. If anything he should feel respected that the sight of him caused them to display such submission. Maybe if he just thought about it in those terms, things would be better. As she approached, he smiled, nodding his head at her in acknowledgment.

"Quite well actually. And you?" Pale brows rose over his equally pale eyes, and he sat down, curling his tail around his paws. The sudden reminder of the goat popped into his mind, and he took in a sudden breath, pleased now to have run into her. "I caught a bit of prey not far from here...Well, a bit meaning quite a large prize, and I'm not quite able to carry it myself, perhaps you'd like to help?" Of course, he could have just told them where it was, and they could go fill themselves when they felt like it, as he'd already done so, but many of the Plateau wolves seemed rather unfamiliar with the terrain of the mountain. He didn't feel as if forcing them to make an unknown trek was a particularly safe thing. Though, in Elvira's case, he'd be with her.