(See All?) Announcements
514 Users Online
Bing, Google

Hearts Ablaze
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Whisper who has 32 posts.
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Calla Lyall

She was tired, exhausted from the trip to Relic Lore from Greying Glades. At least, she hoped the lands she had stumbled on was Relic Lore. As if in a dream, the yearling had stared in awe at the mountains silhouette, golden orbs taking in the monstrosity that loomed above her, and miles ahead. For miles, she had used that stretching backbone of the earth to guide her. Was it Relic Lore? Was it another land entirely? That was something that Calla had no clue as to the answer, but she knew one thing. It was a place where wolves were liable to dwell, and that in and of itself was enough to spur her forward, force her to keep her legs moving. Thirst edged on the overwhelming hunger she felt, making her long for a cool stream, or even a half rotten carcass to eat.

The pale creature had been gone from her family's new den site for weeks now.. almost a month she had been on her own. It was terrifying, in a sense, and had the girl doubting her ability to return to the lands she had first seen the sunlight from. She had met a few wolves along the way, and all had told her Relic Lore was north. How could it be north? Greying Glades was north of the lands of her birth, not South. For a time, she ignored the words of those wolves, and continued to travel South, but after a while, she turned around and began to follow the few vague instructions she had gotten from those that had dwelled within the lands, however briefly, or traveled through them.

Closer and closer the female wandered until she finally broke into an open field that stunned and dazzled her. Golden eyes widened as she stared across the fields that seemed ablaze in the sunlight of midday, the wind ruffling her fur almost intoxicating with the sweet scent of the flowers. Hunger and Thirst were forgotten as the female stood as if frozen in time, simply staring at fireweed rise, the sheer expanse of it awed her. For a moment, she could forget her intentions, the fear of being lost, the pinch of hunger in her gut or the burning thirst in her throat. It was...absolutely breathtaking! The yearling felt her heart swell with excitement and she ran, throwing herself down into the flowers and propelling herself on her left side by her scrabbling hind paws. Front legs flailed as if swimming through the flora that blanketed the place. A sneeze followed by another as pollen made its way into her nose was little deterrent as she began rolling in the flowers, and all around cavorting in the esse of such a wondrous place.

Words: 460

(This post was last modified: Jul 30, 2013, 08:59 PM by Calla.)
user posted image
Played by Switch who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall

What was she doing? At his point she might as well head back to White Cove. If she could trust herself, she was damn certain Merlin was here. No, she had not seen him, she had caught his scent. It was scarred in the back of her head, and without thinking she took off the other way. Where he resided, where he was going she had no idea. All she knew was she had to run again. Get away as far as she could, and hope he didn't find her. Pray, that she had no trace of her old scent, and was nothing but another lone female. Some how in the deep fibers of her core she knew she would see his icy stare in his red mask, but she wouldn't let that be today. No, she was far from ready. If she couldn't speak, if her mouth remained frozen....

Giving herself a mental slap, she continued down the rock shelves. This was the closest she was to the other side, and she was very set on going over there. Though a wicked voice whispered to her, she was probably just imagining things. She wanted to go home. The scent of the forest would help. Better, Lettie knew the steps there from Riddle Heights. Knew it was safe ground. It seemed like forever since Kiche and her had lead Ainu back to the Hollow, a day that didn't seem real, rolling through her mind now. She felt far from the cheery, quiet child she had once been. It made her more assured, there was someone here. Someone left for her. Maybe, not Kiche,Ainu or Kade. Arlette remembered Elettra, a place among the willows Jayse had said when their caregiver, their guardian had took her leave. More than anything she wanted to see for herself if she remained. El had always been family, and knew Alexander, knew the truth.

If it wasn't for the fact she was afraid of being found she might have howled for the silver lady. For now Arlette hummed to herself, trying to keep her ragged spirits together. Oh, how she would need rest when she reached the ground. Bright, yellow eyes began to shift,seeing it so close. The blooming burst of orange like a dying sun.

Wait..what was that? She could swear there was something swimming in their wake. This stringy white thing, and she didn't know to laugh or hide herself. Who swam in a field of flowers? She didn't think you could. Scrambling, either way she had to get down here not there. Giving care to the wind, she let the drop of the hill take her full speed. Maybe, this wolf could help her. If only Lettie knew it would likely be the other way around.

"Bless you... Are you..alright?" The pale wolf called out, hoping her sneezes would cease.

(This post was last modified: Aug 07, 2013, 05:48 AM by Arlette.)
[Image: oaktreebend.png]
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Calla Lyall
(Jul 30, 2013, 08:56 PM)Calla Wrote:  

Cavorting in the flowers had been just the pick me up that Calla had needed. It was the voice of another that had her lifting her head and quite literally popping up out of the fire red flowers, blinking as she stared around for the source of the sound. Getting to her feet, the yearling smiled as she wagged her tail, looking at Arlette with bright golden eyes. Her creamy face and fur was covered in red leaves that had shorn off in her exuberant 'swimming' and the pollen of the flowers had gathered around her eyes and nose. Not that it seemed to be anything Calla noticed for the time being. "I'm quite fine. Just, happy to be home." At least she was sure this was home.

Calla shifted and sat down, shaking her head with a quick exhale of air from her nostrils, then peering at the ivory creature in front of her. It had immediately become clear that the female was not her mother, though she admitted she had first thought it was. "This is Relic Lore right? If it's not, will you be so kind as to point me in the direction I need to go?" She hoped feverishly that this stranger would indeed tell her that this was Relic Lore.. That her heart hadn't seen fit to finagle her into believing that this was the place of her birth. She fell silent as she looked at the older female, admiring her pelt. She looked so much like her mother that it was almost painful, wondering what Jaysyek did when she woke to find her youngest missing.

Words: 277

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall

Jogging to better reach the girl, Arlette was careful in her steps, not taking her eyes off the cream colored yearling. Iit didn't take long for her to rise from her frolicking, catching on she wasn't alone. Upon closer inspection Arlette felt she was looking into the face of a young Jaysyek, except this wolves eyes matched. Swallowing many a thing, she stopped from getting too close. Pale eyes could see she was covered in flakes that were much like the trees when they changed right before winter, but the girl really didn't seem to have a care in the world. It made the end of her tail give a half wave, but nothing more. How could this be her home?

Wishing her pleasant personality was catching,which it was to a point, Lettie found herself giving a small smile. Then nodding her head at her question."This is Relic Lore for certain. Fireweed Rise to be exact. You looking for someone or somewhere more?" She asked, with a gentle raised brow, wondering also hoping not to offend the girl. She didn't know why, but younger ones seemed to get more defensive than older ones. Sometimes she thought it might be because of age, and size. Even though the wolf was a little shorter than her, she had a feeling her spirit made up for that. "I'm Arlette, and I've not quite been around the whole lands but almost if you are in search." The white lady explained, giving another wave of her tail hoping she wasn't being to smothering.

Inactive VIII. Yearling
Calla Lyall
Sorry for the delay.. X_X

Calla smiled softly at Arlette, unknowingly staring into the face of her adopted elder sibling. "I am trying to find somewhere, actually.." The pale yearling thought over what to say before she shook herself, freeing her ivory and cream pelt of the crimson flowers. "Cedarwood Forest...I was born there.." Her expression grew soft, quiet.. thoughtful. "My parents left Relic Lore, but my older sister got lost on the way..So I came back to find her.. So we can all go home." The wolf finally realized how much she was prattling and clamped her mouth shut, lowering her eyes. "Ah..I apologize. It's just, you're the first other wolf I've seen in weeks.. and it's kind of nice to talk to someone. Uhm..My name is Calla. Calla Lyall. Could you point me towards Cedarwood?" She sounded hopeful, her triangular ears perking up as she gave a slight wag of her tail.

The females golden orbs slid around, taking in the white fur of Arlette, and the eyes that appeared to be the only coloration to her fur. It made her feel bad, reminding her of the pure white mother she left behind, she swallowed nervously, wondering if she would end up losing track of them completely. No, she was determined not to lose her family. She WOULD find her sister and they'd go home.. where they belonged. Or.. they would make Grizzly HOllow safe again, and come back home. "Sorry...for being awkward.." she hadn't meant to. Calla could usually try to be refined, but sometimes.. She couldn't manage to contain the pup-like joy.

Words: 267

[/quote]
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
<3

Arlette Dieudonné Lyall

Attention remained on the young face, hoping she could actually help her. Especially, because it seemed to take her a moment to know what she needed to say. Lettie offered a light smile, hoping to ease her worry.

How she had to keep it tight to her lips at the mention of the forest, the yearling's birthplace. That could only mean one thing, but it made her head feel fuzzy. The kind that made her shake her head slightly, blinking erratically for some seconds. The girl didn't seem to notice, and Lettie did her best to appear nonchalant. Lost older sister. Who, the pale wolf would guess to be Taima. Now, she became the one uncertain, unable to speak. Whether if it was because Calla was younger, a stranger, her ears didn't flatten back..not yet. The girl quickly said she was sorry, and all the pale lady did was nod her head in understanding. Knowing all to well what she must have felt like. "No worries, my life has been like that too. Nice to meet you Calla. I'm Arlette Dieudonné." She let that sink in, happy to see as of yet the yearling wasn't at a point of desperation with the hope that remained in her bright eyes, in her sweet voice.

"I can point you to the forest, but I think I know where you sister is. Taima?" The name was said in question, because she was also recalling how it was said. Lettie wanted to be sure in case they were just cousins. She wouldn't want to set her hopes ablaze, and make her go clear to that mountain, through that terrible woods for nothing. Curious, she carefully watched her cream face for recollection. When there was another pardon, Lettie shook her head."I was young once, and we all need to smell the flowers."

(This post was last modified: Sep 10, 2013, 11:33 PM by Arlette.)
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Calla Lyall
Sorry for the delay.. X_X

The word that tumbled from the silver lips of the older lady had Calla's entire body standing frozen in shock, her eyes widening as she stared at the other. As if a switch had been thrown, the cream female burst into motion, her tail wagging excitedly, hard enough that if she kept it up, she might just take off, and a series of whines emitting from her muzzle before she could stop them. "Yes! Taima's my sister! She's darker than me, probably bigger by now.. But you know where she is? You have to tell me!" Had Calla been less excited, she might have had the moment to be angry at Borden. He had searched for a long time for her sister, bringing back another 'adopted' sister in the process, but not Taima. Yet, here she was, the first wolf she ran into knowing the whereabouts of her older sibling. But, excited as she was, she had no time for such thoughts, her golden eyes boring into the other female.

"Wait..." Again, like a switch had been thrown, Calla paused, puzzling through a question as it rooted itself in her mind. "How...did you know who my sister was when I've never met you before?" If this wolf knew Taima, then she HAD to know her personally! After all, Arlette knew Taima was her sister after Calla had introduced herself, and the only reason she could have known that, was that Taima spoke of her! It sent a thrill of excitement through her veins again as she struggled not to overreact and get excited at the news. She was, adter all, an adult wolf and expected to act as such.. But it was so exciting! She'd finally be able to see her sister! Hell, maybe she could drag Taima home and they'd be back before winter.

Words: 297

[/quote]
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall

If she never known her history she would have embraced Calla as a sister. Like with Taima, the white wolf had to hold back. She had to make sure she didn't look too closely into those golden eyes. There was a smile when Calla broke in happiness, but it was a careful kind.

"Well, she's on the far side of the mountain, that away," and Arlette indicated where Nomad's Pass was with the jerk of her nose. "She's part of a pack there, but I don't know what it's called." Lettie hadn't stuck around to find out, and had not returned since. She had thought about it, but had decided against it. She was about to tell her the best way to get there, but was interrupted.

A white ear shifted back, but it wasn't hard to explain that. "She told me she was Taima Lyall, and I thought you must be related when you also said Lyall." The white lady made a point not to move, but gauge Calla's reaction. "I think she mentioned you, and some siblings. I told her I hadn't seen them." There was a bit of a lie, but Arlette wasn't going to go through the story again. Yes, the issue could come up when the sisters reunited, Lettie wouldn't be there to pay witness.

Hoping that was settled, she again turned to the mountain. "If I were you I would go to Blackberry Fields and then head straight west to the spring. It ought to be a fairly straight climb from there. It's sorta on the other side, a dip in the mountain." Lettie spoke slowly, and clearly to be sure Calla was retaining the information.

Inactive VIII. Yearling
Calla Lyall

So Taima was in Relic Lore! Calla felt her tail wagging once again as she stared at Arlette, sucking up the information like a small sponge. So Taima was over the mountain, west of the spring. She wondered if she could make it before winter. "How long does the trip over the mountain take?" Would she get lost? Would Taima even want to talk to her? There were many things buzzing around in Calla's head as she wagged her tail, waiting for Arlette to answer the question. A dip in the mountain, she figured she might be able to make it across without too much trouble! It gave her hope that she could reunite her family in no time at all. The girl thought back to where her parents were and considered finding Taima, and telling he she would bring their parents back, their brothers and sister.. the new sister. A thought that made her internally cringe.

Callla hadn't warmed up to the new sister Borden had brought back, but then maybe she hadn't given the other a chance. But she had been too busy being upset that Borden had returned not with Taima, who was still in Relic Lore, and the first wolf she ran into knew of her wherabouts. But a female as what Calla saw as a replacement for Taima. Perhaps it had her a little bitter towards their father that he hadn't really tried to find Calla. Because.. Well She had knowledge of where her sister was without stepping very far into the world.

Words: 256

(This post was last modified: Oct 08, 2013, 02:42 PM by Calla.)
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
Sorry Whisper this took me forever. I thought we could wrap it up here before it gets older.

Arlette Dieudonné Lyall

"From here? I would guess four days." It was merely an estimate. Three sounded to short for the walk to the woods, through the woods, and up the mountain itself. This wisp of a girl looked like she was made for speed, but should pace herself. "It is definitely over the mountain, where it starts to drop off. Oh, you might howl. It's a very hidden pack, and I don't think they are very friendly." Arlette had been lucky that she had not run into any other than Taima. Some how even with the girl's insistence for her to leave, she had a feeling it was much kinder than what her pack mates would have done. Lettie wanted Calla to be cautious, and aware she might not get the greeting she hoped for. Though, she hoped Taima would be happy to see her real sister she didn't know. Part of her felt she should head back, at least to show her the way. Arlette was not finished with her business over here, and when it snowed she knew she should not leave Oak Tree Bend. It wasn't a good start to always be gone, especially over here.

With a smile, and her ears tall she felt if Calla had made it this far alone she could make the rest of her journey. Did she have any more questions? Did Arlette have any more advice? "If you get too far over the mountain, my pack, Oak Tree Bend is waaay south and you can look me up okay?" Just in case things didn't work out, she wanted Calla to know she wasn't all alone here. She had an acquaintance who would try to help again, should it be needed. There was nothing worse than feeling you were all alone in this world.

While there was a pinch of sadness, and a large want to hear how things were back at home Arlette could not bring herself to ask. That would ruin her story, and she didn't think she could handle to keep face. Instead, she took in a heavy breath, stopped the urge to stroke Calla and said, "Good luck. Have a safe journey," and forced herself to move on her own way.

end