(See All?) Announcements
765 Users Online
Google, Bing, Sophrosnia

Two Hearts Together — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Render who has 55 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Coal Bielski

It had taken a full week to cross the mountain. Favoring his left hind leg the whole way made for a slow and painful journey from Spectral Woods towards home. Many times over Coal cursed the cougar who had shattered his leg and caused this agony. Even though he had spent several weeks letting the injury heal while feasting on carcasses left behind by other beasts the bones still ached unbearably, especially in the cool of the mornings. But he had finally managed to reach the west side of Mount Dire and take a much needed drink from Bramble falls before moving on through the Wildwood.

The huge male still moved slowly and with a pronounced limp, and it was fortunate that no enemies spotted him during this time of weakness. It was unlikely that he would survive any hostile encounter and therefore skirted most left over carcasses, for fear that he might get into a scuffle, unless he was starving. Throughout the painful trek Coal's only reason to keep on moving forward was @Aideen, his beloved. Fearful thoughts that she had given herself to another terrorized the man, even though they had both professed their love for one another. He knew that she was cozy with at least one or two of the males of Secret Woodlands, including the alpha, and though he would trust Miccah with anything else he couldn't shake the worry off.

After a few long days of walking with the mountains behind him, Coal reached the edge of the Wildwood and looked beyond at the wild orchard, suddenly feeling too exhausted to continue on now that the sun had begun to set. With a deep breath of pain and fatigue he lowered himself to his belly and rolled onto his right side, eyes fluttering closed. "Too...too tired to go on," he murmured, picturing Aideen in his mind. Perhaps tomorrow he could start again...

(This post was last modified: May 06, 2014, 04:24 PM by Coal.)
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
@Coal I just couldn't hold off on posting here any longer, these guys are MY DRUG!!

She had been on the move since sunrise, having spend yesterday going mostly south, following the tracks left behind by her mate when he left, almost a month ago - a hopelessly faded trail - she was no headed east, towards the mountains. Any scent marks left by the large male as he headed out were long covered by newer passersby, and the most she ever caught was a faint whiff of the familiar sweet musk, so her route was mostly based on what she knew of Coal's plans when he left; And who knows what might have happened to change those..! Be se had no better plan, and every time she found, even the smallest trace of her lost love, it reassured her that she was on the right track.

Now however, the sun was setting, and the orange wolfess was beginning to feel her eyelids get heavy after a long days trek. But the thought of ending her search yet again without having gotten any closer made her heart sink; I can't stop, I have to find him! ...I have to find him. Distracted in her thought, her paw got caught under a tree root, sending her stumbling forwards. Struggling to keep her footing, the petite wolf swerved across the forest floor, finally come to rest against a thick oak trunk. She stood leaned against the tree for a while, catching her breath, while the hopelessness slowly closed in around her; What am I even doing?! He could be everywhere, north, south... She shook her head, trying to hold back tears; Maybe he's left me! ...Maybe he's dead... It was all she could do to keep on her legs, the very thought made her feel cold all over, sending a sharp, crushing pain through her heart; No, no he can't be dead!

Taking a deep breath, the slender wolf straightened herself, shaking out her fur and taking a deep breath; Onwards now! If nothing more today, I still have to find a place to... She froze. The summer breeze, lightly stirring the leaves above her, had brought with it something more than the usual smells of the forest, something even more familiar. Her heart skipped a beat as she raised her head, sniffing intensively at the air. The sweet scent filled her nostrils, spreading warmth through her chilled body, its intimate notes of nuttiness and musk - along with the ever so well known scent of briar from The Thicket - making her heart flutter; Coal!

She flew through the woods, body twisting in and out between the trees, in the way she had become so familiar with in The Woodlands. She sprinted at her quickest, all thoughts - both good and evil - banished for the moment, brain only focused on getting her to her target, her love! It was like physical need drew her to the origin of the scent, still growing stronger in her nostrils with every step, like she was dying, and reaching him was the only way to stop it.

Finally, she came upon the scene, gasping loudly as she stopped, few feet away from the body, lying frighteningly still in the underbrush. Her chest tightened at the sight, eyes to foggy after the run, to notice the light rise and fall of his flank; He's dead! "Coal!" She cried out hoarsely, voice both breathless and muffled by the tears rising in her eyes; No! Not my Coal!

Word count: 575

”Speech” Thoughts
Hjoranna @DA & Dawnthieves.de