(See All?) Announcements
566 Users Online
Bing, Google, Hazelnut

friday night gurus
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 489 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
probably about...3 days after it happened. i kinda want a chance to play still super ouchie Borlla; so backdated!
Overcast — Current Temperature: 48° F/9° C

There was a chill, she remembered. At first, only thoughts of irritation prickled at her. There was no reason for it to be cold. The fall had just started. But then it dawned upon her...She could feel. Pulling in a breath, wheezing, her head lolled over the earth. The woman winced, biting back tears as she suddenly remembered the past events. How long had she been out? Obviously not too long as she still hurt everywhere. Like she'd gone on a long run uphill, except worse. It wasn't simply "being sore", but...as if a herd of elk had trampled her. Or, oh, perhaps she'd fallen off of a mountain. A tiny growl gurgled in her through. That hurt too. Her throat was slightly dry.

Gritting her teeth, Borlla pushed against her shoulder, a feeble attempt to get herself upright. Thankfully, she was lying on her left side, her broken hind leg not enduring the slight pressure exuded on it as it was on her left leg. She managed to support herself for a moment, before rather clumsily letting her head hit the earth again. She whined, suddenly remembering the damage done to her nose as well, and the sudden collision of head upon earth jarred the weak structure. Her toes curled, and she fell still, save for the faint rise and fall of her side. Stupid, stupid girl. How had she ended up like this? Well, other than falling victim to a stupid pebble. Perhaps she wasn't meant to see her true family again and this was the punishment for her curiousity.

<b style="color:#32527a">"@Phineas..." The woman grunted, half-shuttered eyes searching in the darkness. She wasn't sure what time of day it was, her corner of the den sheltered from the light, should there have been any. She recalled Zia and Lucero and a stranger...Where was Phineas? Panic suddenly gripped her for reasons she could not explain. <b style="color:#32527a">"Phineas!" She called, louder, her voice wretched and her lungs suddenly began to pull desperately for air. Reassurance that Kyros and Hypatia were alright, that Magnolia Glen was okay, that she was truly alive and not just suffering from some strange out-of-body experience. The woman could not pin-point why the panic consumed her, but she needed him now to chase the terror away. <b style="color:#32527a">

Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Played by Rachel who has 473 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
I'm sorry I am the suck. :c

Devastation came in many forms, and the pale Argyris had thought nothing could hurt more than the betrayal he had felt when his ex-mate had taken his best friend behind his back. Yet fate had dictated something far more painful than even that, it seemed, and once his eyes had laid upon Borlla’s broken body, he knew then that the pain he had felt before was nothing compared to this. His questions to the group had more or less went unanswered – not out of unwillingness, but the simple fact that no one truly knew how she had fallen. He had known she was seeking her brother, though he had not asked the entire story as of yet – he had thought he would wait until she came home, the thought that she might not never even crossing his mind.

Seeing her so vulnerable had only opened the door of emotions of how delicate either of them were, and he had watched with regret as they cared for her – some unknown she-wolf, Lucero and Zia. If he could have taken her pain he gladly would have.

As it was, the best he could do was soothe their children that Borlla would indeed be okay; that soon she would become the mother they knew and loved, and not the delirious and bloodied wolf that caused their hearts to ache. He had stayed by her side as much as he could, not leaving without another to watch over her, and as he lay in the darkened den, his eyes riveted upon her, he noticed her stirring in pain. The moment his name slipped past her lips he was by her side, his eyes worrying over her as he withheld an embrace, not wishing to hurt her further. “Shh, Borlla,” he murmured, letting her know he was there for her as his muzzle bent down to just ever so gently touch the crown of her head. “I’m here.”
(This post was last modified: Dec 09, 2013, 01:07 PM by Phineas.)

Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Her entire form shuddered as the panic began to subside. She sensed his own movements, and realizing that he was not far, found her nerves coming back together. Physically, she was sore, mentally, she felt as though she was coming undone. Perhaps that felt even worse than the physical pain. Feeling like you weren't in control of your own body, that every breath you took was dictated by someone else, but you couldn't see them. It put her on edge. The only thought she felt in charge of was the thought that this too would heal. Fully, her ears twisted in his direction, chin sliding across the floor. Each breath was deliberate, asserting her dominance over her own mind. There was a faint ache with each hefty sigh, but she ignored it. She'd healed once before. She could do it again.

<b style="color:#32527a">"What..." She started, her word breathy as she tried to sort out her thoughts. <b style="color:#32527a">"What happened?" Borlla needed to be certain that what she knew as truth truly was the truth. <b style="color:#32527a">"How long have I been asleep? Through the pricks and aches she tried to keep her voice strong. But it was beginning to spread like a burn throughout her body, willing her to go back to sleep, dream the pain away. Her jaw clenched as the final word came, refusing to be bested. She welcomed the slowly increasing warmth, trying to find comfort in the growing pain, rather than paranoia and fear. The woman was no more than a caged animal now, fearful, irate, but trying oh-so hard not to let it get the best of her. <b style="color:#32527a">

Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
Pain seemed to seep in to her voice – physical, and he could only imagine mental as she attempted to grasp back to the reality of the situation before them. His figure pressed gently closer to her, hoping to eliminate any doubts or fears she had, yet without pushing upon her injuries. It was amazing she had gotten back to them, let alone survived. Phineas had not had a chance to thank the mysterious she-wolf that had aided his mate, but his gratitude also went to Zia and Lucero. Without them, Borlla might have been lost to Magnolia Glen and her family forever.

“You fell from the mountain,” he murmured, his voice low as he craned his neck back, his eyes seeking her features for any sign of distress. “You’ve been out for a few days now.” He fell silent, worry in his gaze. The pack had no healer, though Lucero had wished to dabble in such skills. Still, with the coming of winter so soon, Phineas had yet to send her across the mountains to Elettra.. and that was even if the ebony she-wolf would have anything to do with the Magnolia Glen pack.

“Do you remember anything at all?” His question was but a suggestion, hoping to gain some insight as to what had happened on that mountain. How far had she gotten up? Had she simply fallen, or had something more devastating taken place? There had been a myriad of questions in the ivory male’s mind and he was uncertain if they could ever be fully answered.

Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
She reveled in his presence, finding solace in the fact that he was real. He couldn't have possibly been a creation of her dreams, for her dreams had been nothing but darkness and a strange looming terror. And he was warm. Her own temperature had been in a fluctuating state; either trying to burn her alive or freeze her to the ground. But now he was here and as she came down from whatever terror had befallen her both in waking and dreaming, Borlla began to feel better. Unfortunately, that could only be said in the barest of ways. Though he moved closer to her, pressed against her in a fashion that ought to have caused her some level of internal pain, she found it easier to endure and she recalled the day their children had been born, the words that had been exchanged.

His answer pulled her forward, shaking her a bit. Yes, that was right. She did fall. Her ears rose then fell with uncertainty. How had she fallen? She couldn't recall any faces or sounds. However it had happened was likely an accident. Her eyes widened fully when he said that she'd been out for days. Days? If she'd possessed the energy, Borlla would have run from the den right then. So much time lost, so much unnecessary worry. She hated to imagine them all seeing her in such a state. And her own children, too...She was tempted to ask if they all knew, but Borlla was certain that she had not fallen under the radar. Her head shook slowly, irritation and frustration heating up her insides again.

<b style="color:#32527a">"I-I don't. I must have just tripped." She said carefully, her words mushing together all the same. <b style="color:#32527a">"I'm so stupid." She growled, letting her head fall to the floor, honeyed eyes squeezed shut. After a moment, one opened, searching for a moment, before she had to force herself up, letting her head fall upon which part of him was closest. She took a breath, <b style="color:#32527a">"Are Kyros and Hypatia alright? Did they see me?" Borlla uttered a question now, hoping that the answer to the latter would be no. Let them know that something had happened, but...she prayed that they hadn't seen their mother in such a state. <b style="color:#32527a">

(This post was last modified: Jan 30, 2014, 12:36 PM by Phineas.)
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
He could sense her frustration through the cloud of fatigue and pain that grasped her – it was understandable, and yet had he thought she wouldn’t somehow find the energy to smack him with her paw, he would have ordered her to stay still and not fret over the trivial matters right now – all that mattered was that she work towards getting better. To coming back to her family.

Her answer did not truly sate his burning curiosity – the rage he had compiled the past few days evaporated slightly, only with the knowledge that another had attacked her and done this to her.. at least, as far as she could remember. He grunted in disagreement as she proclaimed stupidity, and in a moment that stirred an ache in his chest as he gained insight to her old self, she plopped her head back down to the den floor, exasperated.

Once more she lifted herself, cradling her muzzle to his outstretched limb, and the regal rubbed his muzzle gently across the crown of her head, desperate at how fragile she seemed now and how anything he could do might hurt her. “No,” he answered, unsure if this had been the right call. Kyros and Hypatia had been desperate to see their mother, yet he could not show her to them – not when her pelt was stained crimson. “But they ask about you,” he mentioned, wondering if this would heighten her spirits. They worried for her – the entire pack seemed to, yet for now, all he could feel was numb.

Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
She pulled in a breath, glad for the answer she'd been given. As much as the woman longed to see her children, she didn't want them to see her like this. A mess. Her eyes fluttered shut again, from exhaustion and shame. Avoiding the subject of her, the thought of what she might look like now. What she could have possibly looked like to everyone else. With the light suddenly lacking as she squeezed her eyes shut, refusing to open them, she felt sleep begin to descend upon her. A sigh came forth in a quiet groan, happy that she did not have to lie here alone. He would drive the tangible darkness away, keep her dreams from becoming nightmares.

"I'll be...mm. Fine in a few days." Borlla mumbled, head lolling towards Phineas as she began to doze. She would pretend it was true. A few days from now, she'd be out and about. Of course, it was far more likely that sleep would all but consume her again, proving to be the best means of healing aside from herbs. Her tail beat feebly against the floor of the den, though the display was very short-lived. Her back ached from the effort and she groaned again, sighing in relief as she shifted just so, that perfect position. Canting her muzzle back slightly, she weakly smiled, a pained smile, but one none the less that crinkled the corners of her invisible eyes. Even as she fell back to sleep, it remained.

{Borlla exit}
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
He held her – it was the only remedy he knew, and as she drifted back to sleep, his gaze softened upon her. He studied the gentle curves of her figure.. the rise and fall of her side as she descended to sleep. A small smile curved at her mouth, stirring one of his own, albeit faintly. Of course he knew better than to believe her words, but he was worried she did. She would not be walking in a few days.. in truth, he would be surprised if she was even talking much.

The beast dare not move now. His injured mate had slipped in to a sleep she needed, for even he, despite having no knowledge of healing and herbs, knew the art of sleep was to heal. The hours would pass and he would remain vigilante at her side, the light of the sun that crept in ever so delicately through the den opening slowly fading to blackness. Only then would he lower his muzzle, placing it beside her, and allow sleep top come.