(See All?) Announcements
596 Users Online
Bing, Isla, Nadine

in the shadow of your heart
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 53 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelaide Belrose
She could only smile as he agreed to her terms, and again, without argument. Perhaps she had overestimated the loners of these lands, or this one at the very least. He seemed kind, despite his hunger, and would not fight her wishes, even though he could probably overpower her. For that, she was so thankful. Although she would likely suffer some sort of lashing for allowing him to feed, she would still be bringing with her a sizable carcass for the wolves of Willow Ridge to consume. Her eyes lingered upon him as he began to eat, kindly enough around where the coyotes had started to take their fill. The fury with which he ate was terrifying, and she withdrew a step or two, not desiring to be so close if he were to suddenly realize that he could take the whole thing for himself.

Adelaide pitied him, and it was evident in her eyes. He had suffered the winter as she had, though perhaps for much longer, if his sides were any indication. If it were her place, she might have offered him a home, but recalling her own request for entry, she thought it unlikely.

When he finished, she nodded, accepting his thanks. "Ah, well, alright," She accepted his offer to help. "If you might help me to the borders, I'm sure I might find one of my packmates to help the carry it the rest of the way." Rising to all fours, she bowed her head and slid it under the neck of the moose. Before even straightening up, she knew it would be heavy. Groaning, the fragile woman pushed off the ground, hardly able to stand, let alone move forward. Though the moose had been somewhat eaten, it had taken one a bit of chill, which seemed to make it heavier. "Per-haps, ugh, if we hurry, you...ergh, could catch those rabbits on the other side of our lands." She struggled with her words as she waited for him to take up the other side of the moose.

Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Played by Kita who has 19 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaromir Nyrel

He quickly dug a quick hole and put his bone in it and covered it up leaving his paw print on it so he'd know where to dig on his way back. He then moved close to her shifting his body under the moose and shimmied his way down the its length a bit taking up most of the weight. He squared himself out, tensed up his muscles and waited for the young lady to start walking. Now that his belly was full her scent surround him once more. Intoxicating the poor lad with their sweet scent. Her fur was like a siren's song for his nose. He let his eyes wander her body. He knew the wolfess was in heat and it was driving him mad but he also had an honor code. He would not den down with a woman unless he had her full consent and if she was of age. He sniffed at her silently letting his sense of smell tell him so much more about her. Her scent told him she was a wolf of four years. And that she had once had a litter but judging by her body he assumed the pups did not survive the birth. He was making to many assumptions that was wrong of him. He wanted to know more about her but somehow he was afraid to ask her any personal questions. He took another sniff letting her scent imprint on his brain. He was trying so hard not to just flat out ask her to bare his pups through his intoxicated haze caused by her scent. He was trying and slowly ever so slowly, who was he kidding, he was quickly losing it and out of no where he look at her and blurted out sheepishly and foolishly "You smell nice."

Inactive No Rank
Adelaide Belrose
The carcass upon her back only seemed to get heavier as she stood beneath it. Straining, she watched him bury that bone, and began to feel her own stomach grumble. The scent of the moose was overwhelming, so much so that she could not much smell herself, though since the man had already stuffed himself, that was unlikely for him. It did not take him long to get himself beneath the other half of the moose, and even pulled additional weight from her back. Giving him a smile, she set off through the snow, glad that it had started to recede a bit with all the new sunshine and rising temperatures.

Though she kept her eyes ahead, it was hard not to feel the man's golden gaze roving over her body. If a moose had not been there, her hackles would have risen in discomfort. But the kept the smile upon her face. He was helping her carry the moose, after all, though she purposefully kept her eyes straight ahead, glad that the border was not too much further. Of course, she had to remember that she reeked of spring and he was a male, clearly one that was woo'd easily by women. But she would not take advantage of him. She focused her thoughts upon the children that Elettra and Angier would produce in a few months, and then the children that already roamed the Ridge. Her selfish wishes would not consume her.

His sudden words startled her, and she gaped for a moment, silver eyes catching sideways glances at him. "Excusez-moi?" She asked, trying to regain her composure.

Inactive No Rank
Jaromir Nyrel

It was his turn to fumble with words. He shifted his weight a little so he was able to look at her better yet still hold up the moose, which by the way was killing him slowly by crushing his spine or so it felt like it. He tried to come up with the words quickly but stumbled over his own tongue and thoughts that all the came out of his maw were sounds at first. Sounds of uh, erm, hmm mostly but that made him look even more foolish. Why was this so hard? He'd never know the pack's boarders were coming up to fast he probably would not even get to tell her what he meant before they reached them. Suddenly his tongue unknotted and he was able to say with much speed and embarrassment. "You smell nice. Like the willow and pine trees in the summer's breeze and of honeysuckle and balsam in their later days when their smell is strongest and of cilantro and ceder after an intense fall storm. You smell nice." after the words left his mouth he shut it quickly and looked away from her, afraid she might find his explaination offensive or rude. However his fear did not block out her scent which still invaded his nose and his brain and set shivering shock waves of pleasure down his spine. He looked around him not able to see much from under the moose but tried to focus on anything that was not her scent. He stared at the branch of a willow tree and counted the ice drops on it's thin skeleton branch. A few moments later he dared a glance at her his golden orbs melting into honey as he gazed at her.

Inactive No Rank
Adelaide Belrose
As they came upon the Ridge's borders, Adelaide paused, the weight of the moose almost floating above her back as she waited for him to speak. His initial outburst had made him a coxcomb in her eyes, but as he spoke now, she thought a bit differently. The man, still nameless, spoke eloquently of her fragrance and though her ears fell back it was out of embarrassment rather than offense. It was quite a kind thing for him to say, especially since they were not yet acquainted. She smiled demurely, before sliding out from beneath the moose. "Well, thank you," she managed, silver eyes downcast.

The agouti woman was flattered, of course she was. So easily was she swept off of her feet. But the fall had hurt her once, and it was with a curtained heart that she took such a compliment. He was a kind one, but still a stranger and she felt nothing of strength towards him. Gripping a tortured leg, she plowed forward over the Willow Ridge border, meal now safely stowed away. Well, sort of. Once he was gone, she could call her pack mates for assistance. "Thank you again, kind stranger." From her position, she eyed him pleasurably, tail wagging over her back, thoughtlessly stirring up her scent. "If you are ever in need of a home, you may call upon my leaders and they might decide to house you." The decision was not hers to make, but if he could prove himself then he might find a home among them.
Inactive No Rank
Jaromir Nyrel

He stood just outside the boarder with a smile on his wolfish lips. He was over come by her scent when her tail wagged but did nothing she was a lady and he was a proper man. He did not need to brutalize or to take what he needed like a coxcomb would. He'd certainly not be leaving the area any time soon due to this glorious precious lady that stood in front of him. The wind kicked up a bit making the willow branches sway the ice drops on their skeletal limbs making a beautiful yet eerie chiming song. The wind fluffed his fur and made him look bigger somehow if that was even possible. He regarded her with his golden orbs and took in her appearance once more letting it imprint on his brain. Suddenly a thought came to him when she called him stranger he had not even given the lady his name and he did not think to even ask for her's, how rude of him. "How rude of me, My name is Jaromir Nyrel, and to who do I owe the pleasure in this chance meeting today?" He dipped his head in a low bow and glanced up at her through his dark brows, golden honey orbs boring into her own eyes of lovely silverish storm gray. He stayed in this position for a little while and then rose to his full height again. The sun had set they were in the dark now, but the moon made her fur and eyes even more beautiful in his eyes, they were now tinted with light blue silver and to him it made her looking like she was glowing.

Inactive No Rank
Adelaide Belrose
Her shoulders rolled forward as a breeze drove past them. Fur ruffled in the breeze, driving their scents away towards the noses of unseen beasts. Her ears perked at the sounds of the ice tinkling in the willow branches and she smiled sheepishly to herself. It seemed as though she'd picked the perfect place to live. With silver eyes, she appraised him, certain that he might do the Ridge some good, for any additional number could not be a bad one, and he had proven himself to be a gentleman, if a slightly odd one. Her head dipped as his name came forth, and she answered it with her own, "Adelaide Belrose of Willow Ridge." How unfortunate that they only learn the other's name upon their departure, but something told her that she would be seeing him again.

Her eyes lifted towards the sky; it had gotten quite dark in the short time that she'd strayed from the borders and she was suddenly very aware that the coyotes that had marred this carcass might return to reclaim it. It was unwise for it to lay so close to the borders for much longer. Dropping her gaze back towards him, she nodded, "Again, thank you. But I really must be going now. Please remember what I said, will you?" With a final tight smile, she grabbed the leg of the moose in her jaws, and began to drag it away. Once further, she might call upon her pack mates, but for the time being, she needed to get it safely into the willows.

/Adelaide exit
Inactive No Rank
Jaromir Nyrel

Adelaide. What a beautiful name for a lovely lady. He nodded as to say your welcome and looked around. He was a loner. No home to call his own. She had mentioned her leaders. A possible home. He sighed and watched her drag the moose away. When she had faded from his sight. Her scent from his nose. He turned away from the boarders and made his way back the way he came. He was no longer interested in those rabbits. He wanted to stay here among the willows. And so he would. He padded silently away only the occasional loud crunch of snow alerting anything near by of his existence. He would wander these woods all night now in search of a den that was close to the boarders but not to close. Close enough for him to be able to wander over and watch her when and if he could find her lingering on the boarders as he had today. His stomach was full and he was weary from his traveling so a den, just a shelter really for him to rest in would be ideal for this homeless brute. It was almost midnight when he had finally come across something suitable to lay in. A hole just big enough for his massive body. He looked around. Above the hole stood a very large skeleton willow with large branches and many sweeping limbs covered in ice drops that tinkled lightly in the wind and behind him was where he came from the pack's boarders a while away, almost to the the point where he could no longer smell the boundaries. He slipped into the hole his whole body disappearing.

/Jaromir exit