(See All?) Announcements
572 Users Online
Google, Bing

New place, new wolves, and a new start — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by WildFlower who has 250 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Danica
It had dawned on her, the simple fact that she could abandon her father's wretched last name. What would replace it though? Maybe she could come up with something or simply leave it blank. The absence of a last name didn't sound too pleasing to the pup. Sighing she let her complicated thoughts flow from her mind and took the time to look around.

She hadn't been cognizant of the beauty surrounding her all around before. She scoped the land out and wondered what it would look like come warmer days. She smiled imagining it the best she could. *Lush green grass and flowers probably, plus trees covered in leafs.* Her eyes staid close during her thoughts. Eventually she bumped into a tall thin tree and learned her lesson. "Ouch!" She cried out for a moment before brushing it off and continuing.

Danica came upon the pack boarders unsure, how does one join a pack? Does she really want to be here? *Doesn't matter, you need them.* So quietly she sat there in wait. Nervous was a fantastic word for what she was feeling. As seconds turned to minutes and minutes became greater boredom came to rest upon her. How long would it take? Did they not want her and decided to refuse to come? Impatiently she lifted her nose to the sky and let a melody flow from her jaws. While it was getting to be a more mature sound, it was still clearly the call of a pup.
Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

Lately the weather had been warmer and storms seemed less frequent, but the lack of prey was still fatal and weighed heavily on Minka's mind. It was as such that she had been spending the days finding and creating a mental catalogue of the caches and their inventory. It was mentally exhausting seeing how bare their once overflowing caches had become, the pack like many others were living meal to meal and it seemed like nothing was changing. Tawny paws packed dirt, snow and ice over the barren hole as the woman sighed, one more, empty. The call that echoed across the territory had the alpha instantly on alert and her heart jumped in her chest. For a split second she thought it could possibly be Malia come home to them after all, that Simaea had been wrong, the body she found had belonged to someone else.

It was only a moment of hope and bliss and in that split second Minka had taken off at a run towards the sound. Then reality returned and the alpha slowed to walk as grief washed over her again, she had not recognized the voice that called and while it was by the sounds of it a female pup it couldn't be Malia. A whine slipped from her muzzle and the alpha closed her eyes briefly, whispering "Malia among the angels, please watch over us as winter turns to spring." It was a private ritual Minka had learned in her home pack, to pay respect to those you had lost and ask their guidance as you continued on without them.

Quickening her pace to a trot Minka came to see where the stranger pup had called from and golden eyes surveyed the scene. It appeared that the pup was not injured in any way, though she could use a decent meal or two, they all could really. She carried no scent and the alpha's heart panged at the thought of the girl trying to get through this winter alone without any help or guidance. Moving forward the golden eyes carried a soft glow in them as she spoke, "My name is Minka Leigh, I'm one of the alphas here, I heard your call." She said nothing more, allowing for the girl to speak and explain why she was here at her own pace, though Minka knew in her heart if the pup was seeking acceptance there was no way she could turn her away, not after losing Malia.

fate hasn't finished
MINKA LEIGH
with you yet
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

Things had been quite tense within the barriers of Whisper Caverns. Ever since the announcement of Minka and some of the other pack member's departure, Ash had made the future of his pack clear to all. If they were not going to stay with their family, then they would never be welcomed back. Ash did not value betrayers and as much as he appreciated that Minka was telling him of her plans to leave, he definitely did not like the thought that she willingly was recruiting from his pack, no matter how close to wolves were. The thought made his jaw clench and he was once again reminded of how things had turned out with Nina when Sloane had left to start his own pack. They had come to an understanding, and Sloane had been smart and not taken any of his sister's members. The Hervoks were kind wolves, but if provoked they could be a wolf's worst enemy. Their father was just one clear example of that.

The call from his borders, from a young wolf, resonated through the male's head. In confusion, the male lifted his eyes from their position that they were staring at, his mossy green, slanted eyes narrowing slightly. Malia had not been seen or scented for quite some time, but from what Ash had gathered from the first few times they had passed by one another, this was not the voice of the girl, but of another. Moving from his place on the ground, the male started towards where the call had sounded, his muscles rippling easily through his coat. The winter had been hard on them, but spring was fast approaching and Ash knew that things would be looking up for his pack soon. The alpha arrived just after Minka did, his green gaze moving over to a familiar looking shape. He knew he had never met this girl before, but there was something familiar about her, perhaps it was her eye color, or the description that someone had willingly given to him. Clearing his throat, he looked down at the tan colored girl and spoke, "And who is it that you are?" Ash briefly glanced at his partner and gave her a small nod of acknowledgement. Even though they had their quarrels, he would leave it out of the company of the child in front of them.

STOCK: WolfC-Stock @ DA - LucieG-Stock @ DA & Dawnthieves.de
Table by PuppyThief
Inactive No Rank
Danica
The silence that surrounded her was short lived as an older female approached. She introduced herself as a pack alpha. Unsure the pup lowered her head, she had seen others do this to her own mom. Maybe it was showing respect? Mentally she shrugged and prepared herself to speak.

Shyly Danica looked up and asked quietly, "How do I join a pack? I wish to, um, live here with your family." She asked nervously. It wasn't long after that a familiar looking but unknown face showed up. Her tiny little brows pulled together, *Ashton? Mom?* She thought studying him. His voice came to her ears and she gave him a puzzled look. *What did he say?*

"A, what?" Her voice sounded a bit troubled before she recovered, "Oh! I'm Danica Reinier." She explained with a small sweet grin. "As I said to Alpha Minka, I'm looking for a pack." As she spoke she could feel her little body tremble slightly. Man, she was nervous. "I'd like to find that here, please," Dani looked down and disturbed the snow with her front left paw.

After a moment she sat down and looked back up in a timid manner. "Sorry if I'm doing this all wrong." She apologized before looking over her shoulder. *I bet they are extremely worried about me.* Where they? Was her mother without her head searching for her little daughter. *Don't think about that. They are perfectly fine.* She told herself as Emerald eyes landed on the two wolves in front of her.
(This post was last modified: Apr 12, 2014, 01:15 PM by Danica.)
Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

A warm smiled danced on Minka's muzzle as the pup dipped her head, obviously her parents had raised her to have manners, or at least an attempt at them. It was as if her heart would crack in two as the girl mumbled nervously and the alpha just wanted to reach out and bring the girl to her chest to keep her safe. Nodding encouragingly she answered, "You're doing just fine so far, don't be nervous, how old are you dear?" The silver girl looked to be about the same age as Yuka and Titan, but looks could be deceiving, after all she had met some tiny yearlings in the past. It was then that she heard Ash approaching and instantly her muscles tensed, though her face remained a neutral mask. They had remained professional for the time being, but tension in the pack was high and fights were always on the verge of breaking out. The alpha wished to scold him for frightening the girl, wished to shake him and shout, She's just a child, she is scared and alone! But she remained where she was, knowing if she did that then all hell would break loose.

Danica Renier The last name sounded familiar somewhat though the whereabouts slipped the woman's mind. She had no idea this was the niece of Ash, that she was his family and he hers, all she knew was that this girl sought shelter from the winter. Nodding back at the other alpha in acknowledgement her eyes spoke approval of the girl, making it clear her vote as to whether or not accept her into the pack. She left the final motion up to him though, as her mind once more wandered to Malia, trapped in that icy grave. Smothering a whine before it could manifest she cleared her throat softly and turned her golden gaze back to Danica, once more offering her a smile.

fate hasn't finished
MINKA LEIGH
with you yet
Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
*keeping this alive for y'all*
Titan had trouble finding Danica's scent trail after he had gotten distracted by a rabbit much earlier during the day. However the dark Thorben had known what general direction she was headed so he wasn't too worried about catching up. It wasn't until Titan padded nearer to the border that he caught wind of Danica along with a few other interesting scents.

Minka was there, and Ash. The two current alphas whom Titan did not much care for. He had liked Minka as a babysitter and teacher, but she had grown much more stern as alpha. As for Ash, well... Titan didn't know much about the new alpha male who claimed his fathers old position. Most of the time Titan had stayed away from the alpha male whenever he had scented him. So that he was out of the way while Ash performed daily chores and also so that he wouldn't have to really talk to the older wolf.

However with Danica's scent coming from the same direction Titan shouldered the nervousness of being near the alpha male away to join the ex-princess at the border.

She must have taken a liking to the idea of joining the pack. Titan hadn't felt too well about how Danica left her own home but he wasn't about to stop her. As long as she was smart and stayed away from danger he was sure she would be okay traveling anywhere.

Approaching the shapes that appeared to be his pack mates Titan let out a "WOOF" to alert them of his presence. The shadowy boys nose confirmed Minka, Ash, and Danica's presence as he neared with his tongue lolling and a happy look on his face.

"Hi Danica." Titan gave her a bright smile while his tail wagged to greet the cream and gray pup. His eyes flitted towards Ash and Minka while the dark Thorben dutifully kept himself low and submissive in the leading pairs presence. "Hey guys." He chuffed the short greeting then looked towards the trees that outlined their meadow territory.

WHISPER Caverns
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

The man had not noticed Danica's resemblance to her mother because of the fact that she looked primarily like her father, but listened attentively if the girl was going to say anything. He pointedly ignored Minka's look that she shot his way and focused his calm eyes on the girl. He hadn't meant to startle her just because he was merrily so big. Flicking his tail slightly, his ears pricked at the girl's voice, his heart accelerating at a new speed. Stunned into silence, Ash starred at the girl in front of him, taking in her familiar emerald eyes, his sister's emerald eyes. This child...was his niece that Inali had spoken so fondly of, and why was she not with her mother? Had something happened to them all? Before he could speak up Minka cut in, speaking kindly to the girl. He listened to her kind words and frowned. The more important information here was, where was her mother? The girl in front of them was not even a year of age yet and once again before he could respond, Titan came to them, and the uncle turned his gaze back upon his niece when he found out that they knew one another. It meant that she had been away from Nina for longer than he had anticipated.

Before anyone else could say anything and before Danica could respond, he spoke, "Why aren't you with my sister?" He looked down at the younger girl, and rephrased what he said, realizing that this girl might even realize who he was. Clearing his throat, he spoke again, "Why aren't you with your mother, Nina?" The man furrowed his eyebrows concerned as to why she was here. Hopefully, nothing bad had befallen his sister's pack, for if it had Ash would have to leave immediately and find out what was bothering his sister. She was, after all a Queen, and Ash and Nina were made for royalty, but not if their whole family was leaving them. Patiently awaiting the princess's answer, he kept emotions off of his face, even though his heart was pounding violently within his chest.

STOCK: WolfC-Stock @ DA - LucieG-Stock @ DA & Dawnthieves.de
Table by PuppyThief
Inactive No Rank
Danica
*Nervous...Frost said something about that too. Maybe I got this?* Danica thought smiling a little more bravely back at her. A familiar voice sounded out behind her. At first her heart quickened it's pace then calmed as she saw Titan. Her tail wagged a little, but remained low. She gave him a smirkish smile and was starting to say "Hi Titan," when her uncle cut her off.

She turned to look at him, feeling a little stunned from his first sentence. *He must be my uncle...* Then the male changed his choice of words. Danica stepped back a little frightened by his sudden actions. A gulp could be heard as she felt electrified by his question. She had to bring more bad news to another family member, and this time one she wasn't mad at. Speaking too fast she rushed out a mushed answer, "Mybrotherdiedandthenmyfatherdecidedtoreturnafterhisabandoment, butHollowisleadernow. IfeltlikeIneededtogetawayfromitall." Afterwards she scrunched her body backwards, preparing to wince as she expected him to yell. She closed one eye and the other staid open just enough for her to watch.

*Wait? Maybe I should repeat.* She took a deep breath and spoke more clearly, but uncomfortably due to her position, "My eldest Brother passed away, then Koda returned after missing out on most of our lives. At least Hollow is leading by her side now. I just...felt like I needed to get away. Ashton doesn't really talk to me anymore since our brother died." Little did Dani know of all the changes that had happened during her absence.
(This post was last modified: Apr 12, 2014, 01:13 PM by Danica.)
Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Titan was quiet now feeling the tension between Ash and Minka as he looked around. Why do they both have to be here... he thought quietly while shifting into a more comfortable position. As he sat upon his haunches words began to fly from Ash's maw.

"Why aren't you with my sister?" Ash spoke looking down on Danica. That look made Titan's spine tingle and before he realized it his hackles were raised. The child wanted to speak up for her but the intensity in the Hervok's green eyes kept him stuck to the ground as if he were glued there.

"Why aren't you with your mother, Nina?" Silence rolled out form then on as Titan waited and watched. He knew the answer because Danica had already told him, and he agreed with her to an extent. Even if the whole world were to fall on him, Titan knew that as long as his mother was in trouble he would never leave her. That was the only thing he had disagreed with Danica on. However Titan had not commented on her choice to leave. He respected her decision and thought of her to be brave in doing so. To leave not knowing what dangers there were outside of her pack.

"Mybrotherdiedandthenmyfatherdecidedtoreturnafterhisabandoment, butHollowisleadernow. IfeltlikeIneededtogetawayfromitall." Danica's answer came out all at once almost too fast to understand. Titan cocked his head far to the right with a "what in the world" confused look on his face.

"Danica wha-" He stopped himself from questioning the girl as she started over speaking slower and more clearly.

"My eldest Brother passed away, then Koda returned after missing out on most of our lives. At least Hollow is leading by her side now. I just...felt like I needed to get away. Ashton doesn't really talk to me anymore since our brother died."

Her words chilled him. With a solemn look Titan moved over a bit and touched her shoulder with his nose to comfort Danica. He wagged his tail and smiled in a way that meant "everything will be alright" as they waited for the adults to answer.

WHISPER Caverns
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Water is beginning to freeze and some fish are trapped. Hunt Opportunity