(See All?) Announcements
392 Users Online
Bing, Google

secrets are my life — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

Sunbathing, truth be told, was a secret pastime of Borden’s. In the coldness of winter, whenever the sun had a chance to peek through the clouds – like today – the Mountain wolf couldn’t help but to sprawl out along the base of a burnt tree to soak up some rays. He breathed a sigh of relief as nestled his head against a large exposed root, thinking longingly of spring and the greenery it brought.

Making sure the area surrounding him was clear of any present danger, he blinked a few times before closing his eyes. Hours passed. The sun hid and reemerged behind the clouds. The light winds shifted just slightly. By the time the beta had awoken the shadows of the trees of the Wildwood now angled in the opposite direction. Yawning sleepily, he eyed the trees, studying them and the snow around them as though the forest itself could have danced around while he slumbered. Aside from his own, which led towards his improvised bed, there were no other tracks to behold.

Observing the tree that towered above him for a brief moment, he narrowed his eyes. It looked familiar. He snorted. Nah, it couldn’t have been the tree he and Jayse rested against on that early January morning... Straightening his limbs underneath him, he shook out his coat and continued on his way.

Knowing he’d run into the Creek sooner or later, Borden strolled about with an even, leisurely pace. Just like he’d discovered the area before he met Hope, he was positive he’d find it eventually by (almost) aimlessly walking; he just had to trust his instincts and give in to the thrill of exploring. He had been thinking of how somewhat unpleasant that day had been when he heard the sound of babbling water. Well, that was quick. He trotted towards the source, welcoming it with a wag of a tail as he lowered his muzzle to quench his thirst.

Edging away from the water’s edge, he rattled his pelt about his neck and shoulders. How he managed to soak his chin and neck was far beyond him but he’d done it. A shiver, then a feeling of awe and amazement, ran down his spine as he sat down along the muddy banks. He wasn’t sure why, but the very place where the river began to fork into two separate rivers had a certain charm that appealed to him and he often found himself craving to return to this very spot, this newfound desideratum, his perfect embodiment of tranquility. Contentedly sighing, his senses indulged in the frozen beauty of the region. It was very different from the place he called home, and perhaps that was the reason why he bothered to travel so far away from his usual round about the pack territory. Its energy alone beckoned him to visit, relax... unwind, lose himself in the sound of the lively stream.

Played by Kat who has 79 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Makita Kokki
<b>"When the wind blows wild, don't be afraid child. Keep your head up high, you can touch the sky."</b><i> Sang a beautiful voice. The song was sung with a voice like silk, for a wolf anyway. The song came from a very small, young she - wolf. She was very beautiful. Her fur was a mixture of a deep cream, light golden brown, and dark brindle brown. She was very visible in the snow, but not within the trees, and her name was Makita.</i>

<i>Makita's small body came to a stop suddenly. She let her ears stand up at the top of her head, her eyes becoming alert and cautious. Something had stirred near her. 'What if it's prey,' she thought to herself, dropping into a low crouch. Her paws were buried in the snow, and she slowly pulled them up and out to make less noise. 'Hopefully it's a plump grey rabbit..' she thought to herself, licking her lips in satisfaction. As she crawled forward, closer to the rustling sound, she finally saw it. A fat white rabbit, almost as she had predicted. Makita narrowed her eyes and collected her muscles. Finally, she pushed herself off the ground. She wasn't looking for height, just for length in her jump. She landed square on the rabbit. Without giving it a chance to fight, she bit into it neck, snapping it with her young, but powerful jaws. She let the thick scarlet red liquid flow in between her teeth as hunger took over her. In the middle of winter, being a loner as well, it was hard to get food. Suddenly, the wind began to blow very hard, shaking the trees around her. It was only a small, but strong, gust of wind, but it was enough to scare Makita. Ever since... since the day.. she had been scared of wind.</i>

<i>Another sound came from behind her, distracting her from her thoughts. 'Another rabbit?' she thought excitedly. She gently laid the dead rabbit in the snow and pulled her head around to see what was waiting for her, but instead of a rabbit there was a wolf..</i>
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

The wind blew past his face and he closed his eyes to savor its sound and the variety of potpourri it sent his way. He would have sat there blissfully undisturbed if it hadn’t been for… What was that? Blood. He glanced over his shoulder, his eyes falling directly upon the figure of an auburn wolf. It was no surprise to him that he had missed her approach, the creek was quick to floor his senses, make him completely oblivious to his surroundings.

In a matter of seconds he studied her: Female, petite frame, perhaps no older than a yearling, a sharp hunter… a stranger. Had he been on pack territory he would have sprung up and immediately questioned as to what she was doing or why she had come. However since the scenario at hand was nothing of the sort – the two of them being on neutral soil – he simply offered a kind smile. Although his previous visit to Heartleaf Creek had backfired on him (his genial words were answered with a harsh reply), the experience did not stop him from offering his genuine self - the kind, personable and cordial Lyall. His ears perked forward, not to express intimidation but, rather, show that she had caught his interests.

Meeting others, wolves or any other Relic Lore inhabitants, was one of the Plateau wolf’s daily activities. Whether checking in on his pack mates, hunting for a meal, or warding off unwanted visitors, being a scout required Borden to become accustomed to introducing himself or bellowing out warnings of trespassing. A flick of his tail, a half-executed wag, hoped to tell her he meant no harm. ”Hello there,” he called.

Everyone who had met the beta would conclude that the stocky male was barely a threat, even charming if they got on his good side. Today, though, the curiosity that flickered in his pale eyes as he eyed her rendered him as a neutral soul. Neither annoyance nor openly-expressed friendliness showed in his posture or his voice either; however she decided to acknowledge him would help him determine what to make of her presence – friend, foe, or something perfectly in-between.

Inactive No Rank
Makita Kokki
<i>Makita's eyes met the stocky wolf. She was ready to get down into a fighting position - even though she was in no position to fight the wolf with her being as small and young as she was - but he appeared to be no threat, so she remained on her small, delicate paws. Her golden eyes skimmed across his body. He was a tall wolf, stocky frame built for hunting and fighting. His eyes - a pale gold, maybe green - were alert as they looked the short yearling over.</i>

<i>Makita's eyes narrowed, but out of curiosity not of unfriendlyness. The wind swirled at her feet and the short she - wolf let her tail fall between her legs, but she kept her head high - showing no fear to him, anyway. The wind made her nervous, as it was the same thing that had swept her away from her family when she was but 5 months old. The she - wolf had grown from a small pup with stubby paws and baby fat to a gorgeous young she - wolf, with a slender lithe figure and mixed browns colouring her fur.</i>

<b>"Hi.."</b><i> Makita mumbled silently, her dark golden eyes catching the male's pale gold. He was too well fed and comfortable to be a loner like herself.</i> <b>"I'm on pack land, aren't I?"</b><i> She pulled her eyes away, staring at her paws.</i>
(This post was last modified: Feb 11, 2011, 01:54 AM by Makita.)
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

Borden watched as she tensed, then recomposed herself, looking over him cautiously, curiously. The wind weaved around him as it blew past, tousling the fur on his tail and about his shoulders. Her tail simply dropped while her poise seemed to express her interest in him. Her voice barely reached his ears, ”Hi… I’m on pack land, aren’t I?” Her question almost made him chuckle.

Oh… no,” he smiled more warmly now that she seemed to hold no hostilities in his direction. ”Neutral soil as far as I’m concerned. If it were I probably would’ve chased you off by now or wouldn’t have been here at all.” She had averted her eyes, and he furrowed a brow in return. ”I see you’ve caught something,” he stated, clandestinely impressed. ”Nice catch.”

Wanting to make sure that she understood that he had no intentions of stealing her meal, he settled down onto his stomach. He wasn’t going anywhere. ”I’m Borden; and, you are?” he decided to introduce himself, proving further that he was rather interested in her company rather than the rabbit at her feet. In any case, the yearling, after addressing him with her eyes, seemed harmless; surely nothing bad would come of it if he offered her his acquaintance.

Inactive No Rank
Makita Kokki
<i>Makita's dark eyes, like the dark bark of the pine trees - still glowing with the dull green pine needles, watched cautiously and curiously as the stocky wolf began to speak. "I would have already chased you away," she mimicked in her mind. Thanks, she thought dully. It had been a long day - a long life - for her, and she'd been left in a cruddy mood. Outside, physically, though, she tried not to show it.</i>

<i>The colorful brown she - wolf's eyes flitted down to her rabbit as soon as the male's did. She wrapped her tail around it, glancing up at him. When he lowered himself into the snow and revealed his soft stomach, she let her tail slowly unwind and curl around her own skinny light brown paws.</i> <b>"Thanks."</b><i> Makita grumbled to the wolf, letting herself relax as he reassured her he was no threat. Makita's eyes skimmed the stocky wolf and she let her lips curve into a friendlier smile.</i>

<b>"I'm Makita."</b><i> She replied softly, hoping it would make up for her weary agressive behavior. She shifted her haunches and let herself fall into the snow in a sitting position.</i><b> "Are you of a pack?" </b><i> Makita asked gently, no bitterness in her voice any more - or at least she tried to not have any.</i>
(This post was last modified: Feb 12, 2011, 07:36 PM by Makita.)
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

Ah… gotta love a curious adolescent… He returned her smile as she also settled down. ”I’m Makita,” she offered, and he dipped his muzzle courteously. ”A pleasure to meet you, Makita,” he replied. Her tone of voice changed as she regarded him kindly, something Borden had hoped for. After all, the very last thing he needed was something else to get all riled up about; for the two of them to share just a moment of an affable afternoon would be all the bliss he needed to get through the day.

Casting his eyes down the river bank as to not seem like he was staring at her, or her prized meal, he listened as her next question graced his ears. ”Are you of a pack?” His tail tip flicked thoughtfully before he returned his gaze to her. He took in her chocolate-pelt, the youthful tones in her voice. ”Yes,” he answered, his words still warm and welcoming. ”I hail from the mountain… that-a way.” He pointed with his head and muzzle to the majestic landmark that loomed over Relic Lore.

The snow atop its peak, Borden realized, made the place he called home a certainly intimidating sight. Now he knew why most often questioned if that was really where he lived… with a pack, even... It was probably ridiculous to ask, but for all he knew, the yearling might have been one of the pups from the Swift River pack or perhaps some other pack in the area he wasn’t aware of, ”And, how ‘bout yourself, if I may ask?”

Inactive No Rank
Makita Kokki
<i>Makita let her dark eyes trail along the snow covered ground and up along the mountainside and to the very top, where the point blurred as it disappeared into the dark grey clouds - bulging with soft snow that will fall later on. When she was a pup she used to think that it touched the sky.. she used to want to live on that mountain. As a pup, though, she was perfectly content with the forest and caves she and her pack lived in.</i>

<b>"Midnight Plateau."</b><i> Makita nodded her head, throwing around the dark brown fur around her head. She stiffened when he asked her if she was of a pack..

She dreamed of being in a pack. She dreamed of the companionship of everybody in the pack. But, she didn't want just a pack. She wanted HER pack. The pack that she grew up in - until she was taken away that is. She wanted Brassa's comforting tongue along her fur. She wanted Kipcha's wise words. She wanted Lillova's cruel tricks. Even more than that, she wanted her family. Being a loner was horrible. She had to learn to be a sharp hunter, as most of the prey went to feed the hungry wolves of the pack - even though loners got hungry too, starving. She was very, very quick, as she had to be chased out of territories more times than she could count. She had to fight with wolves when she didn't want to. She had to live without shelter, but instead finding a rock or tree to stay under until the next night. She had to cope without protection. It was hard. There were days that Makita wanted to jump off a cliff or she had such a bad attitude she wanted to pick a fight with a wolf at least three times larger than her.

Makita glanced back up at Borden.</i><b> "No. No, I am not apart of a pack."</b>
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

Midnight Plateau... The words departed from her mouth easily, effortlessly, with a simple nod. His brows furrowed, nodding slightly in return as she replied that she had no affiliations. She was a lone wolf, a wanderer, a nomad. That, however, was no concern of his... ”How… How do you know of Midnight Plateau?”

A glimmer of curiosity washed over his features; perhaps she had met Alexander or some of his other pack mates. Interesting. For some reason he was surprised he’d never thought of meeting them away from the Mountain. His long treks around the pack territory were probably getting the best of him now. Good thing he had decided to take a breath and slow down by the Creek today.

Returning his gaze to the river, he smiled quietly to himself, breaking his eye contact in case she wanted to enjoy her rabbit without his prying gaze. Instead of asking her how old she was (his uncle had always told him to never ask how old a lady was - it’s rude!), he opted for a more appropriate question. ”How’s winter been treating you? Well, I hope?”

Knowing very well now that the winters in Relic Lore would be at least somewhat similar to the one that was just ending, Borden felt rather glad that the yearling had been successful to ensnare a rather large rabbit for her ‘snack.’ The best he had been able to catch when he was her age were squirrels, woodchucks, and mice.

Inactive No Rank
Makita Kokki
<i>Makita tossed her head, shaking out her fur that was tangling in one spot and irritating her. She let out a chuckle at his question. Her eyes flitted over to see a wave of curiosity wash over him.</i><b> "I may be young, and a loner, but - trust me - I've heard about the packs.</b><i> she let the ends of her lips curve up into a smile. The tall, stocky wolf looked almost dumbfounded.</i>

<i>Winter.. thought Makita as he asked her about it. She liked how he kept conversation flowing and how his intelligent questions got her mind thinking - she just enjoyed hims company in general. Winter.. Makita repeated in her mind. It was harsh. The snow fell in tail - lengths along the lands that Makita traveled. She had no shelter, so she dealt with the harsh winds that scared her and the ice that stuck to her pelt - unless of course she was lucky enough to find a warm cave to stay in for the night. Prey had been extremely scarce, and most of it was caught by the packs. Makita had excellent hunting skills because of how she had adapted to having to feed herself, but it was hard splitting the prey up between however many wolves were in the forest that needed the scarlet, thick blood of animals.</i>

<b>"It's been an interesting winter."</b><i> Makita decided her words carefully. She wasn't going to complain about the hardships of winter to a wolf she just met, a wolf who was obviously high in the ranks of Midnight Plateau.</i><b> "It's been hard, being a yearling and a loner.</b>