(See All?) Announcements
423 Users Online
Bing, Google

for the night is dark and full of terrors — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
@Ash - feel free to save her from the embarrassment of being beaten by foxes.

11pm night

Narime snarled as she chased the pair of foxes.

The damn things had stupidly made a den right at the western edge of their border. Though the den was actually just outside the border. Really it was smart thinking on the fox pairs end. The wolf border kept other predators and coyotes away from their den, and they would have been safe had the foxes not gotten cocky and crossed into the wolves territory to catch rabbits for their ever growing offspring. Nari had scented the foxes inside her territory along with the scent of bloody rabbit, and began trailing them thereafter. Once she found their den it was on like Donkey Kong.

The only problem was that a pair of foxes were damn near hard to chase off when their kits were still alive hiding form the noise inside their tiny den. Nari couldn't get to the young foxes without stopping and digging them out, however the adults would attack her when her back was turned. So all she could do was chase the adults around.

She might have been stronger and equally as fast as the foxes, but they were agile little things that could outmaneuver the larger wolf easily. Without help all Nari was doing was accumulating little bite marks and scratches on her hind end and sides as the foxes darted in and out attacking her.

"Get out of my territory! Those are my rabbits!" She yelled while satisfaction covered her face when a fox yelped in pain. She had side swiped one of them with her claws and taken out a bit of the rat bastards fur too.

(This post was last modified: Jun 24, 2014, 01:07 AM by Narimé.)

Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

Everything seemed to be extremely peaceful in Whisper Caverns for once. The pack was gaining its numbers and Ash was pleased to see that they would not actually be able to fall at the paws of Minka and her betrayals. Never would he have imagined that they would get back on their paws so quickly, but she had no complaints. He was happy with the way things were. Athena and her child were extremely healthy and living within the pack with no problems. Ash just knew he would need to keep an eye on the subordinates below him. Right now, all he had was Kassander, who he knew did not appreciate violence and would probably not end up defending his placement in the pack if it came down to it. Ash was not too concerned though, he knew that he was stronger than most of them and that he was much more experienced in leadership than any of them. He was not expecting there to be any problems at anytime soon, so when he did encounter a rustle, the fur on his spine instantly prickled.

He pushed himself forward strongly, concerned for whoever was in the presence of the many foxes that he scented. Quite honestly, the pack mate that was pursuing these vermin, who he quickly identified as Narimé, should not have even gotten involved with these creatures. They were dangerous and from what he could tell, she was helplessly outnumbered. None the less, it was his duty as a guard to protect the lady of the pack and that meant getting his paws dirty. He had no problem doing so, and did not hesitate in moving toward to protect the lady while she did...whatever the hell she was doing. An angry snarl was emitted from his muzzle and echoed through his forest, his hind legs pushing powerfully off the ground and onto the back of one of the foxes. The Guardian took no time in finishing the life of the first fox, but was now faced with the others, who would be much harder to defeat now that he fully knew of his presence. He fought one by one, tooth and claw, hoping that Nari would soon come to his aid so he could finish them off. It was not safe for them to be in the pack territory, especially not with Aurora near by. He needed to find out why this was not reported and how long the fox family had been there.

STOCK: WolfC-Stock @ DA - LucieG-Stock @ DA & Dawnthieves.de
Table by PuppyThief
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

She had been too preoccupied with the foxes to notice Ash's scent carried within the air. However when he surprised the one larger fox and caught it in his strong jaws, Nari almost jumped thinking Ash was another adversary. It took her a split second to cast her eyes to Ash and recognize his form before she turned her full attention to her final opponent. The fox had also been startled for a moment by her mates demise in Ash's teeth. Now the vixen was backing towards her den, but not before Nari lunged forward snagging the female fox by her front leg. Snarling as she slowly twisted herself from Nari's grip, the she fox was wrenched forward by the silver wolf just before she got her leg out of the lupus throat. However she stumbled sideways not fast enough to avoid Narime's second assault.

Gripping the vixen by the side of its neck Nari bit down hard as she could; long since taken by the blood lust, the she wolf forcefully jerked the creatures neck to the side breaking it. Then she chewed down on the arteries and tendons before shaking the limp creature back and forth like a rag doll. It was only after a minute of tugging and ripping at the flesh around the dead foxes neck that Nari regained her composure and glanced at the den with half lidded dangerous blue eyes.

"Their half grown kits are still in there." She noted Ash's continued presence then gestured to the small earthen den. "Do you wanna dig them out or shall I?" Nari wanted these foxes out of her territory, forever. She didn't care so much about the young foxes who hid only a few feet away within the confines of their den. They were just old enough to have a slight possibility of surviving on their own, and Nari didn't want them near Athena's little family should the fox kits go looking for an easy meal of wolf pup.

Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

It was good that his partner was quick to dispatch the other vixen, and he lashed his tail behind him harshly, his mossy green orbs focused on her as she finished off the fox. Before he got caught staring, the man averted his gaze from the woman, only moving it back onto her when she had began to speak to her. Flicking his ears to show that he was paying attention, the man turned towards the den that she was speaking off, his slanted eyes narrowing to the point that it looked like they were closed. It would make more sense for him to dig out the foxes, as he was a smaller size than Narimé which made him feel slightly awkward sometimes. Ash was use to looking down upon a beautiful pure white woman...not up to gray fur and unfamiliar eyes.

He also knew that Nari was a mother and sometimes they took particular...emotion views on kits. None the less, they could be a danger to his former love and his new charge, and so he quickly muttered compliance to the task before setting to work. It didn't take him long to dig into the earth enough so that he would dispatch the rest of the dangers. It was a shame that they couldn't live, somewhere far away from where Whisper Caverns was, but he knew that life was cruel and that the stars would just have to accept them as their own. Rising from the earth, he moved towards, Nari, his eyes taking her in, noting that she didn't seem to have any major injuries, just a view scratches and what not on her hind. Flicking his tail in a commanding gesture, he spoke, "Come with me. We will treat your wounds." He had only learned a few things from when Nina had healed his beloved Finn, but it was enough for him to know what would help Nari...and so he set off to where the herbal den was, hoping that the woman was following behind him...and that the den was stocked with what Ash would need.

Table by PuppyThief
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Nari let her brow raise up in question as she waited for Ash to decide whether she would be the one killing the fox kits or if he would. Then her face smoothed out to a calm one as Nari watched Ash dig into the small fox den. Her ears lowered to the sides of her head as she heard the cries of the kits before they were silenced. Meanwhile the silver wolf lifted her paws and licked them clean of fox fur and blood as if she were a giant kitten. As Ash moved away form the small dug out mound of earth and started for her Nari raised her head away form her paws and shook her ruff. The womans eyes floated towards the dead foxes. An old memory surged up at the sight of their red pelts.

She remembered seeing pelts of animals in @Elettra's den. Scrunching up her face, the she wolf wondered why El liked to line her den with the pelts of other animals.Perhaps they would make a nice gift? She thought for a moment until Ash's voice broke into her thoughts. Angling her head to face his Nari looked towards the big male wishing she would be able to hear some kind of warmth to his voice. She trusted him more now than she had when first meeting the man. Nari certainly respected him a lot more now than she had back then, but that was all she felt for him. Some trust and respect. Even though she was trying to like him. It was a little hard to like a male she could tell still had feelings for the current second of her pack. Nari had kept quiet because Athena and Ash had a history together, but how were they supposed to get along when the next breeding season swung by?

Nodding at his command though taken a back by it, Nari began to follow him. It was only when they got to the den that the festering annoyance broke through. She stopped near the entrance of the cavern and stared wistfully at the sunlight pouring through the opening. She could be doing work right now instea dof getting little scrapes that would heal within the week looked at.

"I'm pretty sure I'll be fine without using up our healers herb stores. They're just a few scratches and nothing more." Nari calmly stated while somewhat evading his command to follow. She had not liked taking orders from Ash since the moment Nari returned from her mission to find him in Sloane's place. Now that she was lead female again Nari had hoped things would be a bit different between them. More...equal, but instead it still seemed like he was trying to constantly dominate her.

Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

The man moved easily through his new lands, his mossy green orbs taking in the area around him carefully as he moved towards the herbal den. He was glad that he had gotten to Narimé before anything worse had happened to her and he was glad that he had ensured his safety, as was his job. The man's only concern was the fact that the only willing Guardian, besides Athena, who had a child to keep in mind, was Yuka, who from what Ash had seen, had quite a lot of damage done to his face. He didn't have much time to think about the young boy, because soon he was right in front of the herbal storage area, and Nari was speaking up behind him, causing the hair along his spine to rise. He turned slowly towards her, a displeased growl resonating in his throat. Deciding not to push it, he politely snapped at her, "Very well. If it becomes infected do not come asking for my help." With a small huff he glanced away from her and into the forest, his body begging him to move and get away from her.

He tried to stop it and sank his claws into the earthy ground beneath him, an extremely different change from the mountains that he so adored. Taking a deep breath to calm himself, he turned his stony gaze back to his partner, trying to remain steady and remember that she was no threat to him, and that he had something important to discuss with her. So clearing his head of her disobedience, he took a deep breath and started from the silence, "I'm concerned about your son, Yuka. He has been working hard in his lessons, which is great...he is becoming a much better Guardian, but he has been peculiar lately. I'll be sure to keep an eye on him of you wish." He did not look at her, but simply stared at the foliage around him, awaiting for the woman's answer.

Table by PuppyThief
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Nari heard the growl that rumbled through the male. Really? He can't even try to let me have my own views without complaining about it? She let a silent snarl appear on her maw before the male turned to look at her. Then as he turned she forced her muzzle flat once more. He was horribly strong, and Nari wasn't confident enough yet to try and show him that she was his equal. For now she would accept things as they were. Like Ash's disrespect of her.

"I'll ignore that earlier growl because Nina told me that somewhere in that hard exterior you do have a heart." Nari let the low comment fly while narrowing her eyes on the male as he looked at the trees. Then he commented on Yuka, and at the mention of her son the womans face cleared of any anger, turned soft while her eyes switched to the forest where Ash's green orbs also gazed into.

"He's been... different..ever since when Minka split us." She withdrew a bit into herself becoming quiet and thoughtful as Nari relaxed herself enough to sit down. "He snapped at me...for being worried over the scars on him. I..." Nari stopped herself again as thoughts flew about in her mind. Yuka is a yearling now, about the same age I was when my mother took me away from Dnakinna pack.She mulled over the thought. She was having a hard time accepting the fact that he didn't exactly need her anymore. Sure they are still being taught to hunt more efficiently, and to fight, but those things come naturally to us as instinct. Even if... If my boys wanted to head out on their own they would still learn those skills. Nari bit her lip in realization that her children were pulling, no tugging away from her grip. Will they stay with the pack or go find themselves elsewhere like I did? Nari's thoughts flew waaay ahead of what Ash had been speaking about. She had been so lost in thought that for at least three minutes went by without her talking.

"He probably needs to sort things out on his own. Yuka is highly observant and smart, he will figure out what he wants soon enough. Same with Titan." Nari finally closed off her mind to the overwhelming rush of thoughts and remembered to answer the Hervok wolf.

"I forgot for a moment that they are yearlings. I forgot how when I was less than a yearling my father took me from our pack and journeyed with me northward. It was so free not being with the pack, but all along the way Sibo was able to teach me the basics of hunting. Even as he began starving because he gave me almost all the food he caught." Nari confined in the male whom she'd been angry at just minutes before. Despite being angry at Ash for certain things her heart still reached out to him because he had stuck with her through her hardest times. He certainly was a loyal wolf, no one would argue that.

"By the time I was a year and five moons I was surviving alone without my fathers help because we had gotten separated. Ash? Is it normal for yearlings to leave a pack or for them to leave when they near two years?" The question came off her lips in a hurry as Nari fretted over the thought of her boys facing the harsh world on their own. She knew that they were aware of the dangers nature would bring them, but would they be able to overcome those dangers in life? Or would they end up like Malia?

Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

The man's long ears flicked back at the mention of his sister, a calm look overlooking his features. He didn't let his partner see his face, but it proved that his sisters fondness of him did not go unwelcome. He truly did need to go see her before she came to kick his ass for not ensuring his own safety, but he was glad that she seemed to be well, because it meant she was still leading the pack that she had created. Sighing softly, he once again hardened his features, his ears flicking every now and then to let Nari know that he was paying attention to what she was saying.

She spoke of her son and he remained silent while she told him of this new information. His brows furrowed every once and while, his eyes never once moving from their place trained on the foliage ahead of him. When it finally seemed like the Thorben was done speaking, he considered his answer silently, first speaking out about her son Yuka. "I don't think it is about what your son wants anymore. He fancied that girl and now she is gone. I was surprised when he did not leave with her, quite honestly. But he is loyal to us, which is very sacrificial for him."

He remained silent then, his head moving so that he had a clear view of the gray woman, his face once again the stoic mask that he had no problem putting on. His tail flicked behind him as he opened his jaws to speak, "Yes, it is common. I was sent out before I was even a year old on a mission for my father. I never returned. But some actually stay. They are loyal to their mother pack until it disbands, and those are the ones that you know you can form the bigger attachments to. You are a good mother, Narimé and I know how hard it is to let go..." Memories of his own adopted children flooded in his mind. He still wasn't completely over the loss of his dear Belladonna, but he was able to live and was no longer caught in the grief of her disappearance.

Table by PuppyThief
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

"I don't think it is about what your son wants anymore. He fancied that girl and now she is gone. I was surprised when he did not leave with her, quite honestly. But he is loyal to us, which is very sacrificial for him." Ash's words brought a confused look to Nari's face. Her blue eyes glittered as she realized who Yuka had been infatuated with. "Inali..." She mumbled the name missing the kind she wolf intensely. The Wayha wolf had disappeared after the night of the altercation with Tokino and Minka. When she had been treated and brought back to the den Inali had slunk off into the night after her friends. Nari sighed as she realized how badly cut deep down inside Yuka must be feeling. He had loved Inali, despite being very young. Nari's heart ached for him knowing that he had been split between loyalty to her and to the pack.

Though she was glad Yuka had stayed with her Nari knew that he was split in half. It seemed that the injury to his face had furthered the darkness growing in Yuka. She hoped that one day he would be able to pull himself out of those dark depths his heart had fallen to. "He hurts more than I do from the split then... I can't do anything about that hurt either. Only time will heal him..." hopefully. she added silently while taking her worried face and turning to look back towards Ash. He seemed as rigid as normal, something she was more than used to. Guiness had been a bit more expressive with his emotions than this man, but spoke less often than Ash.

Listening to his deep voice once more Nari nodded as Ash answered her previous question. She felt hollow knowing that at only a year old wolves could and did leave their packs. The tag end words that came out of Ash's answer had her smile a bit though. It was maybe the first ever time Ash had actually told her that she was good at something. Though she felt a sadness form in her chest as she glanced to Ash once more. He knew how to let go, which meant that he had raised pups too. This was new information to her. "How many children.. have you sired and let go?" She asked hoping she wasn't getting too personal. "Though if that's prying too much on my part feel free to not answer." The she wolf added starting to relax in Ash's company.