(See All?) Announcements
520 Users Online
Google, Bing, Viorel

Having a Hard Time with Free Time — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Missy who has 55 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Andromache Moon
Now at the base of Mount Dire, Roma lifted her nose to scent the air. Yes, she was confident that she had caught the scent of Solomon's Seal around here. Without looking back at her companion she answered his question: "Well, I traveled with an old she-wolf for a long time. She has trained in many arts including that of healing and she forced me to help her look for herbs. Eventually, she even started to teach me how to apply them to wolves who needed healing but I was not very good at that and had to leave soon after that teaching started." Roma's voice was level as she told her story, not wanting to give away too much; she felt comfortable around Oliver and that scared her. Roma had always been a good judge of character and she was confident that she was right to assume that Oliver was very kind and generally a good wolf, but he still belonged to another pack. He would relay all of this information to his leader and who knew how it could be used against should that need ever arise.

Roma hoped that it wouldn't come to tensions like that between her pack and Oliver's; she hoped that they could be allies. Upon spotting the green leaves of the Solomon's Seal her hope grew brighter. "There!" She exclaimed bounding over to the growing leaves and nosing them just to make sure. Without the yellow-green flowers that usually grew on them she couldn't be sure she was right based solely on sight, but she knew there smell well enough.

Turning around to offer Oliver a light smile, Roma said "One down, one to go." And with that her gaze raised to the mountain cliffs.
[Image: 24ffd860-897b-451b-a944-a4cb79477419.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Played by Alisha who has 65 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Oliver Carmond
"Excellent!" he exclaimed, excited to have another herb under his belt. Or rather, between his teeth. Being careful about his work, Oliver dug around the plant, took it up with his maw and shook extra dirt off the roots. The small man repeated this process until he had a nice amount of the herb in a neat pile. He was about to take it up, but then he paused. He was about to go huffing and puffing up a mountain- most probably in silence with his tongue around the Solomon's Seal. Oliver didn't want to end this conversation just yet. He liked Roma- at least, what he knew of her so far.

Though he did understand he would have to stop asking questions. It was wise to keep some things to one's self for security- he was duty bound to tell everything to Triell if and when he asked. If things went sour between the two families, what Roma says to him could be used against her and her sister- and Oliver didn't want that. So instead, he thought of something else.

Turning to a wolf he was excited to call a new friend, Oliver spoke. "I want to propose an idea. I'm afraid I'll be silent for most of the journey upwards, so I'd like to say this now. Say- oh I haven't the slightest clue how-" he winked knowingly at her, " but say our respective packs become allies. We'll each need medicines that might be too far away from our homes. So perhaps, we might do this; I'll bring herbs you might need that would be too far for you, and you could bring herbs that might be to far in the mountain for me. We'll trade- and the drop off point could be somewhere around here. That is, if we might be allies." He hoped they could be. Carefully taking up their find, he waited for her reply.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Andromache Moon
Roma watched and waited patiently as Oliver dug up the Solomon's Seal. Once he was about to take it in his mouth she turned and prepared to begin the ascent up the side of the mountain, but Oliver spoke up and she paused to hear what he had to say. She smiled, amused by his wink and clever way of suggesting what they had both been thinking throughout their time together. The idea of collecting herbs made her wonder of if she would be considered a Healer. She wanted to be a Guardian, not a Healer and hoped that if she agreed to do this she would not confuse Athena. Still, she agreed to his idea because she rather liked the idea of having a reason to come meet Oliver out here from time to time. He was a pleasant wolf and she would like to get to know him better. "Well, I think that is a wonderful idea, but of course it all hinges on us being allies and who knows if that'll happen." Roma sighed exaggeratedly as if she really had no idea how something like that could happen and then smiled warmly at her companion.

"Well, I guess we better make quick work of getting to the Wormwood so we can both get back home. It seems we have plenty to discuss with our leaders." With that the large, grey and white woman leapt up to the first precipice on their journey to the Wormwood. Always eager to show off, she happily made quick work of the first leg of their journey with several powerful leaps and bounds before turning back to see how her companion was fairing.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Oliver Carmond
Snatching up the Solomon's Seal, Oliver hopes rose, Roma's hyperbole of a sigh jutting his spirits sky high. Even as his stomach did loop de loops at the thought of climbing the mountain path. He didn't want to doubt Roma- she would've accounted for their vastly differing sizes, and picked the according trail. Right?

Right.

So why did it the journey up feel like it was sucking up all his energy, like the very mountain was relishing the taste of his exasperation? He scrabbled up the rocks that his guide easily leaped over. He admired her agility. And her confidence. Confidence probably came in spades when you were that size.

He wasn't jealous though. Over the months with Galley, his size had proven useful as well- from squeezing into tight spaces, to baiting larger wolves to leave caches, open and ready for stealing from. He could easily dodge and slip between legs as he left them befuddled in the dust.

As it was now however, he was indeed huffing and puffing behind Andromache as he struggled to reach footholds, jump onto small ledges, and generally just try to keep up with the Amazonian wonder currently mimicking a mountain goat.

He was proud in the fact that, through all his struggles to keep up with his new friend, the Solomon's Seal never left his mouth. Score one for clamped jaws of exhausted terror.
(This post was last modified: Nov 11, 2014, 04:06 AM by Oliver.)
Inactive II. Subordinate
Andromache Moon
If you would like you can fade us out in your next post or you can post once more and I can fade them out in mine or we could just keep going. lol :D

As Roma turned to check on her companion she was dismayed to find him several footholds behind her. She could tell by the rise and fall of his sides that he was breathing heavy and having trouble with the terrain. Roma felt guilty that she had been so concerned with showing off and had not accounted for Oliver's smaller size or for the fact that he might not be as experienced with this terrain as she was. Still, the large salt and pepper she-wolf was impressed that her companion had managed not to fall or stumble and still had a firm hold of the herbs. That alone was impressive for his size. Rome gave Oliver an encouraging smile and slowed her pace.

Roma's ears swiveled as she picked up the scent of Wormwood. As she looked around she caught sight of the fuzzy green plant in a patch of brush on a cliff to her left. She turned to her raven colored companion and smiled, "You can wait here. Ill fetch the Wormwood for you and carry it down." With that Roma tensed her muscles and leaped upwards to the cliff on her left, landing gracefully. As Art had taught her to do and as she had seen Oliver do earlier, Roma carefully dug around the plant until she could extract it from the ground and shake off the extra dirt. After acquiring what she deemed a decent amount, she turned and began the decent down the mountain, stopping nearby to Oliver to show him that she had collected the herb and signal to him with her tail that he could follow her down.
(This post was last modified: Nov 12, 2014, 12:54 AM by Andromache.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Oliver Carmond
Oliver was relieved to wait for Roma as she bounded away to retrieve the Wormwood. He sat, taking the opportunity to scratch at his ruff. In the quiet moment, Galley voice decided to pipe up.

Hah. Look at Mister Anti-Social, making nice with a lovely lady. Oliver could practically feel his mentor poking him in the ribs with a playful smirk. If you play this right, you might get to enjoy more than just her company.

Isn't that just like you, The raven furred skeptic snorted, to just pop up and say the most ridiculous things. Luckily, Roma returned before he could think up Galley's response. Wormwood between her teeth as the Seal was in his, she motioned him down off the mountain; it wasn't as hard going down as it had been up. Maybe it was due to gravity. Or perhaps Roma's slower pace. Or perhaps the excitement of starting a friendship that could span generations.

Either way, he was glad to get off the mountain. Apparently, mountains didn't suit him.

I'll take this opportunity to (FADE OUT)
(This post was last modified: Nov 12, 2014, 05:05 AM by Oliver.)