(See All?) Announcements
622 Users Online
Google, Bing

Gone Tomorrow — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 3 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 157 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Orren Baranski

Which way was home, again? The small scrap of a prince wandered along, his pelt of grey and brown muddied hues blending easily into the hues of the forest floor. Orren was lost - he had crept off all by himself, wanting to catch the pheasant he had seen, to prove that he was growing up and could handle himself on an adventure... but the truth was that he couldn't. And the truth stung, made his steps feel heavier and heavier as he walked along - he just wanted to go home and curl up next to his sister and brother before anyone discovered how foolish he had been. The towering cedar before him looked kind of familiar, but he wasn't sure whether he had crossed the borders or not, and he could only guess which direction home was.

Now the afternoon was growing late, and the sun which had felt so warm on his shoulders earlier was beginning to slip behind the tree tops. The shadows were growing longer around him, and Orren felt that his situation was growing exceedingly hopeless. Maybe he wouldn't make it home before anyone noticed he was missing... now he just hoped to see any familiar face at all - even one of the pack members that he didn't know so well. The thought of calling out occurred to him, but just as he started to draw a deep breath, and unfamiliar noise in the dense underbrush had him biting his tongue and scurrying tiredly onward.

Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
I hope this is ok, poor little guy was so lost that Namid just had to stop and help him! I didn't see any specifics, so I figured she could lead him on home c:

Namid 'Star Dancer'

Namid had gone out for a small walk, which had turned into a rather decent adventure. First, she had been taken surprise by a family of foxes whom she’d happened up their den. The parents weren’t very happy about that, to say the least, and now her legs were plenty scrapped up by their bites. She hoped that she hadn’t gotten any disease from the mongrels, for if she had she’d definitely hunt them down and skin their hides from their bodies. There was something very undignified about a wolf getting beaten up by two lesser canines, and that was currently what the Star Dancer was feeling at that moments. Her paws ached slightly from all the running and she’d definitely gone farther than what she’d meant to. Looking to the sky, the dying light made her feel slightly nervous. Traveling around these woods at night was dangerous for a wolf that was alone, and all she wanted to do was get back home and curl up in the communal den around all the other warm bodies. It may have been hot outside, but she always found comfort in being surrounded by her new family members.

Trekking through the bush she paused for a moment, ears pricked forward as she heard the faint whimper of what sounded like…a pup? This situation seemed very familiar to Namid, and she was wiser now for it. Though she wouldn’t leave the poor thing if it was, in fact, a young pup she wouldn’t just take it on a journey with her. No, she would take it straight to its parents wherever they were, make sure it was taken good care of, then be off in a hurry to Whisper Caverns.

As she drew nearer to what had emitted the sound, a tawny pup with blazing orange eyes came into her view. She may have been too noisy, for it seemed to have spooked the young boy into turning and skidding away. Quickly upping her pace she called out, keeping her voice gentle as to let the young one know she wasn’t a threat. “Please, do not run! Do you need help? It is very late for a young one to be out alone, I would very much like to help you home.” She pleaded, brows creasing in worry. She hoped that he would take her offer, because she definitely could not allow him to continue on his own through the Cedarwood Forest.

Find a place where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
(This post was last modified: Aug 01, 2014, 05:44 PM by Bishop.)
Played by Alace who has 323 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina

♦♦♦♦♦

Naia had finally found them! Or one of them at least. It had annoyed her to no end—she who prided herself on knowing every pawstep taken in the Cedarwoods—that she had not yet run into this band of three young wolves prowling their forest. The three seemed to like it here judging from how long she had been scenting them, and she thought to ask them to join Cut Rock River. Gods knew they needed some fresh faces. Her joy at finding one of them was short lived however; from her stench Naia knew at once she had joined up with the wrong wolves. Pity, that meant the other two had probably become Cave Dwellers as well. Her next thought was to wonder what the girl was doing still wandering around the Cedars as if she was still perfectly safe here. To a neutral wanderer or a River wolf the Cedars were paradise; but to a Cave Dweller? She had better watch her step..

Naia crept along the forest—she had long ago mastered the silent steps of a seasoned scout—always keeping the stranger’s metallic pelt in sight, shifting her position to stay downwind of the girl. Naia was surprised she kept going.. she could smell her injuries, and though they were superficial she ought to go home and get them treated. Pack them with slimy, stinky cave mud. Her pelt may shimmer now, but a few more nights bedding down in the Caverns and she would be the same slate gray color of the cave floor. Dreadful places, caves were. Perhaps the girl had had enough of it, and she was headed for the River border to switch alliances. It was the only reason Naia could think that one lone girl would be headed straight for enemy lines. Unless she doesn’t know we’re enemies. Often leaders forgot to impart that knowledge on their new recruits—who their enemies were. This astonished Naia, for the most dangerous threat to a pack wolf was not hunger or cold, but the tooth and claw of an enemy.

Who? A strange boy appeared, and for a brief moment Naia was confused. Orren! she realized after a beat. The boy must have doubled in size since she last saw him, and she hardly recognized him out of the company of his siblings. The metallic-pelted lady spoke to him in soothing tones, but Naia was running to intervene without even stopping to listen to what the stranger said. She was a Caverns wolf—an enemy-- and she was much too close to the Cut Rock River pup.

”Back AWAY!” she snarled, swiftly inserting herself in the space between Orren and the stranger. She crouched defensively over the pup, canines bared in warning. ”Give me one reason I shouldn’t line my family’s den with your shiny pelt, Cave Girl.” Naia was a gentle soul, and having no threats of her own concoction ready for such an occasion she used one she had heard from her nephew Karpos. Her tone was even, almost humorous, and her snarl dropped as she spoke with the barest hint of a smile—she knew Orren was in no real harm is this stranger’s presence. Naia had been watching this girl long enough to recognize her own gentle soul, so she spoke the threat as more of a formality—a lesson if you will, to teach her not to approach the pup of an enemy. Keeping her eyes trained on the girl, she spoke to the pup this time. ”Take a deep sniff Orren—this is what an enemy smells like. Don’t forget the muddy stench of a Whisper Caverns wolf.” Naia watched the girl’s mismatched eyes, looking for a sign of surprise. She was fairly certain the girl hadn’t known they were enemies, and her little instruction for Orren had the dual intention to disambiguate the situation for the stranger as well as teach the pup.

♦♦♦♦♦
(This post was last modified: Aug 01, 2014, 05:27 PM by Bishop.)
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
If you don't want me posting here just tell me and I'll delete this :)

The gray hunter held a gift in her strong jaws.

The large muscular hind leg of an elk was held firmly in the large she wolf's jaws. Only the end of the leg and hoof hit the ground occasionally as Nari maneuvered her way through the dense cedar trees towards the pack who had helped her son out during the winter. She had been planning to come to Maksim and the Cut Rock River wolves sooner with a better gift to say thank you, but became busy as the spring went on. Now that they had plenty of food in their caches she could spare a good hunk of meat for the neighboring pack.

Despite the other wolves setting up shop right on her doorstep, the silver queen did not want trouble between her pack and Cut Rock River. Especially since her son Titan thought so highly of their leader. He has to be a good natured male to take in a lost pup during late fall and early winter while famine struck us all. were her thoughts as the she wolf paused at a noise echoing through the trees. a loud snarl was growled and then silence reigned once more. Nari paused listening for more trying to identify the animal before setting her elk leg down so she could scent the air more clearly.

A number of scents struck her clearly. One, the scent of elk from her leg she was carrying; two, the scent of her own pack smell on a she wolf she couldn't quite remember the name of; and three, the scent of another pack and of a pup. Oh lordy! Nari started forward to head towards the scent but then doubled back to grab her elk leg. Somethings really wrong here, we shouldn't have crossed pack territory yet. Nari thought as she wound her way through the trees towards the wolves who were gathered.

Once she spotted the three wolves, the wolf picked out the gray she wolf with odd eyes who was one of her newest recruits. Then she swerved to stand beside her pack mate. Dropping the elk leg promptly Nari swept her eyes over the wolves present. Her chin tilted upwards in the presence of her subordinate while her tail lifted a tad bit higher than Namid's own plume-like banner. Looking towards the other she wolf with a hard stare Nari questioned her.

"Now I was on my way here to give this gift to Maksim of Cut Rock River as a thank you for helping out my own son this past Fall, but when I get here all I hear is snarling. Is there a problem here ladies?" Narime asked firmly but gently, for if her own subordinate had done something wrong she would surely punish the girl herself. However if the fault was from the opposing pack wolf then she would have to let it slide. It was not Nari's position to punish wolves from other packs, but she sure as hell would defend her pack mate should the other woman try to escalate things.

(This post was last modified: Jul 30, 2014, 09:24 PM by Narimé.)
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
Sorry.. here comes mama bear. <3

Kisla was never far from the paw falls of her young -- of course, the more ambitious they became, the harder it was becoming to corral them all together. At eight weeks old, they were still too tender an age to be shuffling so far from the den, and as she realized Orren had far overstepped these boundaries, her heart quickened and her blood ran cold. Rissa, was all her mind screamed, and her own pale paws became less graceful in her attempt to scent hi out and find out just how far he had gone.

She could hear the commotion long before she could see it -- the snarl of Naia's voice strengthened her strides and Kisla's frantic lope turned in to a racing gallop. Another strange voice drifted through the trees, and all the tawny woman could think of was her son. Her son was out of her sight -- and he was past the borders of the pack.

As they came to view, Kisla's green eyes darted about -- she seen the flash of silver, the familiar form of Naia.. and with a soaring heart, Orren's small frame. She closed the distance quickly, sweeping in beside Naia and bending her muzzle down to tussle at her boy's crown -- inhaling sharply, she felt a flutter in her chest as her nerves gave way.. the feeling in her legs beginning to return.

With the safety of her child assured, the she-wolf lifted herself then, her eyes drifting back to the strangers. One held herself a little too highly for her liking -- and she certainly didn't like the stare the stranger's blue eyes were giving her Second. Something about her seemed familiar, but she couldn't quite place it. "And what brings two strangers so close to Cut Rock River borders?"

(This post was last modified: Aug 01, 2014, 05:18 PM by Bishop.)

sparking up my heart

Played by PuppyThief who has 157 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Orren Baranski

Orren's heart was pounding furiously against his ribs now, and his large paws couldn't seem to move quickly enough as he scrambled along. He had been hoping to find someone familiar, but the lady that appeared quite suddenly among the trees wasn't anyone he knew at all. She hadn't been there the day his mother had called them out of the den to meet the pack officially, nor any other day that he could remember. She didn't even smell like everyone he knew. The young wolf was overcome with a feeling he thought of as uncharacteristic of himself - shyness. "Do you need help?" Her kind words, possibly even genuine, were quite ignored as he tried to scramble backwards into the underbrush, suppressing a startled squeak.

Instead of the escape he sought, the boy found himself immediately getting tripped up in the thick branches and leaves, left to face the stranger without any shelter or hiding spot. Taking a breath, he tried his best to put on a brave face (with only marginal success) and move one paw forward, toward the strange she-wolf. And yet, no words came. This too was a new experience for the pup, who usually had something to say, even if it rarely seemed to make much sense to anyone but him. Small jaws opened in an effort to spill out words, but he could only stammer "I... um...." He couldn't bring himself to say the truth - that he was lost.

Thankfully, just then came the arrival of someone he did recognize. Naia could help him get home! Orren's tail began to wag gratefully at the appearance of the scout. But as he tried to make sense of her words, it fell still again, and he had to fight to keep it from curling beneath his belly. The river woman's voice cut the air like glass. Cave Girl? An enemy? Whisper Caverns? He was glad to see a familiar face at last, but what she said frightened him.

Before the young boy could even begin to fathom what all that meant, another wolf had appeared - yet another stranger. Shyness rose up in him again, cutting off anything he might have said. Where had all these wolves come from? Only moments ago he had felt dreadfully alone, but now he almost missed that feeling. The boy narrowed his eyes at the woman who claimed to bring gifts of thanks for his father, as she addressed only the other two adults present, leaving him neatly out of her salutation despite the fact that he was standing right there. That made Orren frown; indignation made a good counter against his timidness, and he took another step forward, finally mustering up the courage to speak. "Well there was no problem, but - Ma!!" Orren's train of thought, and his speech, were thankfully broken off by Kisla's arrival.

Orren gravitated toward his mother's side instantly, pressing against her legs. His ears slid back in apology as a whine escaped him, and his tail wagged wildly. "S-sorry... I got lost... but nothin bad happened! Nothin toooo bad anyway...." the young river wolf looked shyly toward the first stranger to find him, the one who'd offered him kind words. He didn't particularly like the second outsider, but he didn't want the first to be in trouble because of trying to help him... even if they were supposed to be enemies.

(This post was last modified: Aug 02, 2014, 06:26 AM by Orren.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
Thoughts are like burning stars and ideas
Whisper Caverns
They flood and stretch the universe

Everything happened so quickly it was hard for the female to keep up. It seemed that, without fail, every time she tried to help a wolf she was quickly taken down and threatened to be mauled. It always seemed to be pups that this happened to her with, which was understandable because of their young age. They could easily get into trouble or become kidnapped, which was what Namid wanted to prevent but it was always made out for her to be the bad guy. It was very off putting and she wondered if it was even worth it for her to try and save a lost wolf anymore. However, in her heart of hearts she knew that if there was ever anyone in danger or in need of help she would stop to offer assistance without question.

Namid had automatically lowered her posture at Narime’s arrival in a show of respect, but it was also partially to show she was not threatening because that was the last thing they needed. A she-wolf whom she assumed was the pup’s mother, Orren she thought she recalled the first wolf calling the boy, arrived in quick succession of the two and help herself in much the same manner as her own leader. This could only make her assume that she was the leader of Cut Rock River pack, and things suddenly got very sticky. Why me, She thought sulkily.

The Star Dancer knew she needed to try to defuse the situation, to clear up whatever misunderstanding was taking place just like she’d cleared up the last one. Eyeing Narime she was worried to speak, but knew it was the best option. Namid was third in rank, not some younger subordinate and she needed to act like it. Raising herself slightly higher, but keeping her posture relaxed and below the two leaders she began to explain. “Please, do not fight. I was walking on my own and came across your son, Miss, and dubbed that he was too young to be alone at this time of day. My full intention was to ask him if he was alright and assist him back to your border as he seems, or rather seemed, very tired. Bad things can happen to boys of his age, and I would never forgive myself if I had let him continue alone. I am new to this land and was not aware of ill feelings. I understand that what I had tried to do may have seemed very suspicious, but I am honest in saying that I meant no harm to the boy. I will take full responsibility for my unwise approach,” Namid finished. Honesty and integrity could be seen in her facial features and she placed every word with that same reinforcement. She meant that she would take responsibility for her folly, and just hoped that she hadn’t caused too much trouble.

(This post was last modified: Aug 01, 2014, 05:34 PM by Bishop.)
[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Played by Alace who has 323 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina

♦♦♦♦♦

Though the child clearly recognized her, her seemed frightened—whether it was her snarl or her words she wasn’t sure—but fear was good, in this case. Orren was the most restless of his litter, and it was better for him to learn sooner rather than later the difference between mischief-making and putting himself in true danger. No doubt it would be a good while before he forgot this lesson and ventured off on his own again. Before the metallic-pelted lady could reply another wolf appeared behind her, her gentle words washing over the charged atmosphere like a bucket of water over so many hot coals. Naia felt instantly calmer in the stranger’s regal presence, and she had no doubt of who this strange wolf was. She was a leader—every inch of her stance and each word she spoke revealed this. Naia had heard much of Ash Hervok—the Caverns leader who had betrayed Maksim and abandoned his pack—but very little of the woman who led beside him. The River scout imagined she would have to be a quite a gentle, forgiving soul to love such a man.. and here she was in the flesh, approaching her enemy’s border with some sort of thank-you gift.

Because of this, Naia knew several things instantly. The first was that this leader had a thoughtful, peaceful nature (like her own) and would make a good point-person for negotiations in the future. Naia imagined that if her own leader, Maksim, had happened upon a strange pack wolf snarling at his subordinate, his intervention would have been far less gentle no matter whose territory they were on.

The second thing she knew was that there was definite miscommunication between the packs and even within Whisper Caverns about where the two packs stood. Naia had thought that surely the Whisper Caverns wolves considered them enemies, for it was Cut Rock River who sheltered Minka and the Caverns traitors the night they fled. Certainly Maksim did not consider them friends, considering his contempt for the man who ruled them. Despite bad blood in the past and the River’s alliance with Black Thorn Downs, their leader herself made for their border unguarded and bearing gifts, no less—as if she was perfectly safe here. Naia suspected that she was not stupid, therefore she must be ignorant.

”Shhh,” Naia crooned to Orren as the boy stumbled over a reply to the regal lady. She looked up to reply to the leader’s question and realized her own leader had appeared. She was checking over her son, and Naia made sure to adjust her stance to one befitting a subordinate before the River leader looked up. Kisla asked her question, and instead of letting her leader speak for the pair Shiny Pelt began to prattle on and on about the dangers lone pups faced. A growl rumbled in Naia’s throat at the insubordination. Let your leader answer the question for gods’ sakes!

”They have reason to wish us harm,” Naia reminded Kisla, her voice loud enough for the Caverns wolves to hear but low enough to convey that she was speaking to her leader alone. For what it was worth Naia believed Shiny Pelt’s story, but she was reluctant to let the incident slide simply on principle. Hot rage clenched at Naia’s chest as she thought of Ash’s betrayal, and before she knew it her own heated words were spilling from her mouth.

”The last time we trusted a pup in the care of one of yours, he dropped the child in the floodwaters-- to chase after his mistress!” Naia’s voice wavered as she fought to contain her anger. ”And now you call that man ‘Sir,’” she spat the title out with vehemence. “The wolf who serves a liar and a traitor is also a liar and a traitor,” she finished, directing the last bit to Shiny Pelt. It was her right to at least know the truth about the man she served, and Naia figured she would be appalled to learn the Ash had once abandoned his duty to a poor, helpless pup.

Her anger sated, Naia had the humility to at least look ashamed for her outburst. She took a step back, deferring the rest of the conversation to her leader. She knew she had spoken out of turn, and she kept her eyes trained on Kisla’s paws in wordless apology. She fully expected to be dismissed—likely to return Orren to the den and fetch Maksim— as soon as Narime dismissed her own subordinate, as this was now a conversation between leaders. Clearly there was some confusion that needed clearing up. She couldn’t help cutting her eyes over at Shiny Pelt for just a moment though, to see how she had reacted to her words.

♦♦♦♦♦

|| In case there's confusion-- "Shiny Pelt" is her name for Namid, and that's who Naia is talking to in this post. ||
(This post was last modified: Aug 03, 2014, 09:47 PM by Naia.)
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Nari glanced down to the pup who's voice was rushed causing her features to become warmer. She didn't want to scare the little guy, though perhaps a good fright would keep him inside his packs borders next time he decided to have an adventure. Nari knew that she definitely would want her children staying closer to the den especially at that tender small age. She threw Naia an apologetic shrug and a gentle glance as the woman shushed the young boy. However that warm look hardened up some when another she wolf entered the scene.

This she wolf had both a familiar smell and face to the gray hunter. Though she couldn't place exactly where she had seen or met the woman. She noted her position and physical stance compared to the Naia's cocking her head a tiny bit as she did so. They seem to be higher ranking females, and the familiar one... Is perhaps the lead? the she wolf mused quietly flicking an ear to show that she was listening to the womans question.

"My name is Narime Lagina founder and alpha female of Whisper Caverns. I originally came here to give this gift to Maksim and his pack. If you two are higher up then perhaps you will accept this and tell him I've visited?" Nari answered the she wolf before nosing the elk leg closer to Kisla since she seemed to be the more dominant she wolf. "Thank you for helping my son when he was lost this past fall. He still speaks well of your wolves and of Maksim." The answer was given to the Tainn before Nari glanced to Namid with an eyebrow raised wondering why exactly the she wolf had come so close to another pack. Though her explanation relaxed Nari somewhat. She meant well by her actions despite the problems arising because of them.

Her eyes snapped quickly to Naia as she spoke up. Annoyance and disbelief fluttered across her face as the woman spoke quietly to the other female. She couldn't help but speak up for herself and her pack. Growling softly, Nari tried to speak more and ask the more dominant she wolf why her subordinate was spouting such nonsense. However her words never came out. Instead the silver she wolf couldn't help overhearing Naia as she spoke of someone, a male from her pack, dropping a pup into flood waters. What Naia described filled Nari's heart with horror. Who would do such a thing?

"Tell me what the name of this wolf. For I have no knowledge of his crime. I will ask him myself to see if this allegation is true and if it is I WILL punish him for it..." Nari's blue eyes flashed dangerously towards Naia as she waited for the woman to answer. If Whisper Caverns was harboring a wolf like what they described she would be sure to punish the wolf accordingly. Whether that be by death or by banishing the male.

Maybe I am turning into @Elettra at this rate. I seem to have the same bad luck with males that she has.. Nari thought while forcing her bristling fur flat. She removed the snarl from her face and added a gentleness back to her posture only because there was a pup watching. Nari did not want to frighten the boy more than he probably was.

(This post was last modified: Aug 05, 2014, 04:29 AM by Narimé.)