(See All?) Announcements
547 Users Online
Google, Bing

Hungry Like The Wolf — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
She was content here, for the time being, to rest in the open land of the rolling meadows, the buzzards circling above and the foxes peering gaze in the background. Though it would be nice to close her eyes and slumber, basking out in the sun, the woman was far too smart to allow herself to rest in such an open territory. Although little would dare to mess with the Matriarch of the Archer family, Elettra was not the type of woman to allow herself to let her guard down in such a weak manner of sleeping. Not to mention with the smell of fresh blood in the air and so many predators in the background awaiting a taste. She merely rested for the moment at the dark colored pair conversed. This time Enoki planned to stay within Relic Lore, for where she might have been uncertain if this was home before, now that she had returned, she was here for the long run. Elettra was silent for a moment, seeing as the woman was still uncertain where she planned on settling her roots and so, kept it at that. However, it was but a few seconds passing that the patchy woman spoke up once more, to which Elettra's ears perked forth a bit as her head lifted off the grassy meadow ground. "I was as certain with my decision then as I am now." She speaks, a smirk lingering over her blood-stained lips as her words offer a 'yes' more or less to the woman next to her. "Besides, if you can keep hunting like this, I'm sure the whole pack would welcome you." She then once more praises the woman who now would be seen as yet another prized member within her ranks. Already she had proven her skill as a well huntress to Elettra. Given some time and certainly Angier's attention and gaining an official title for the woman would be of no problem.
Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer

Yes. Though, those words never truly fell from the dark queen's lips, her dark queen, her words had been as self explanatory as any yes would have been and not only that but another praise had stroked the Ashrelle woman's ego. At this, a faint smirk of her own began to show on the countenance of her face. She knew she wasn't the strongest of wolves, but what she lacked in brute strength she made up for in wits and stamina. This is what made her a successful huntress, given the right conditions nonetheless and it was never a bad thing to have her skills recognized by a superior.

"Thank you, Elettra." was all that needed to be said then, followed by a dip of her head in silent thanks. After years of traveling the country side, her weary paws finally had a place to rest. A place to call home. The thought nestled peacefully into the depths of her mind as she continued to lay there in her contentedness, basking in what little summer sun managed to break through the shadows cast by the treeline that surrounded them and warmed the dark hairs of her pelt. What she wouldn't give to fully enjoy this moment and let a peaceful slumber overcome her as the rest of her meal digested slowly, but she knew that was not possible, couldn't be possible in the open. Not here, not around a fresh kill. With a quirk of her ears, she allowed a quiet yawn to emit from her muzzle before turning her amber gaze to what remained of the doe. Flies had already began to swarm the rotting flesh as the scent of decay and sun baked flesh lofted on the air. Was it plausible to drag what remained to the pack and throw her first contribution and certainly not the last into the cache pile? She let the thought go only momentarily as she returned her attention to the matriarch, resting her head upon her front paws as her position shifted once more to lay on her belly."Shall I drag what's left back to the den site, or leave it for the buzzards to pick at?" She was in no hurry to interrupt their afternoon basking, but it was a question she rather have answered now while it was still fresh in her mind rather than later when it could possibly slip from her mind from the sluggish effects of a satisfying meal.

Khalliysgraphy @DA & CathleenTarawhiti @DA - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
A single smile was offered to the other woman as she spoke of her thanks, letting the silence between them linger once more. She had happy to know that this woman, unlike some, was able to just sit and relax within one anothers company without mindless ramble. There would be plenty of time for Enoki to learn of the pack as she lived there and time to catch up on the way home. "Those buzzards deserve nothing." She snorts to the thought of them, her pale silvery hued eyes looking up to their circling as she flipped onto her back side, front paws stretching out and her back kicking before she flips back onto her side. "I'm sure the boys would enjoy chewing at whats left." She speaks then of her sons before dipping her muzzle into the kill and yanking at the spine of the creature. She would take time to break it in two in order for Enoki and her carrying the rest back home to be an easier feat.

Huffing and shaking away the flies that dare buzz around her face, she finally then does lift from her placement. "I say we head on home then? I feel a snooze is in order." She speaks with a smirk, her thick hips giving a shake to ruffle out the foliage on her coat as she prepares herself for the small trek. Jaws dip down to grasp at the nape of the deer in order to drag it off.
Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
I'd say I can go ahead and close it up right here and then continue it in another thread within WR in case anyone else would like to join and greet the newest pack member.

"Those buzzards deserve nothing." Those words mirrored Enoki's very thoughts about scavengers in general. She couldn't stand the way they lived their lives waiting on others to do the dirty work for them and reap the rewards the followed. If she could she would tear the very feathers off their bony bodies if they dared get within reach of her jaws, but then again that was more energy than she was willing to spend given her still sloth like state. Upon watching @Elettra rise from her current position she knew that it was time to move. Raising slowly from her own position, she allowed a single yawn to pass her lips as she stretched her front paws out before, letting the sleepy muscles of her body stretch and awaken for the trek home and the task at hand of dragging the remnants of the kill with them.

"I'm sure the boys would enjoy chewing at whats left." This caused a curious tilt of her head as the words fell from the dark queen's lips, but she didn't press the matter. She was sure that she would come to learn everything there was about the pack and its lands in time and if anything her companion could fill in the important details during the trek to the willows. After the older woman yanks at the spine in an attempt to break the load in two equal portions, Enoki maneuvered herself to be in a prime position to grip onto the two dainty hind legs in order to drag her share of the carcass. With words of heading home and the promise of a much anticipated afternoon nap the piebald woman gave a nod of her head as her lips pulled back into a content smile. "Lead the way." She said before dipping her muzzle down to clench her jaws around the doe's ankles and sidestepped to readjust her portion to drag easier behind her, giving the matriarch a single nod again to signal that she was ready.

And with that the two began the trek through the lining of trees that separated them from their destination, dragging with them what was left of the feast. Home among the drooping willows was where they headed and where not only a nap was waiting to be taken, but also Enoki's new family awaited to greet her upon their arrival and enjoy the first of hopefully many kills she would contribute to the pack. Nervousness radiated through her veins at the idea, but that was all pushed aside for now and changed her focus from her emotions to her current duty. As the two dark hued women sauntered away from the meadow their forms began to turn into silhouettes before disappearing altogether, leaving Hush Meadow to become just that once more. A silent clearing where the only evidence of their presence being the crimson shades of blood staining the blades of grass where the buzzards now flocked to with hopes of getting an easy meal. Today they would have no such luck and fly away, ever searching for their next meal. Hungry like the wolf.

End.

Khalliysgraphy @DA & CathleenTarawhiti @DA - Table by PuppyThief