(See All?) Announcements
654 Users Online
Google, Neo, Bing

gabekana — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Lat who has 40 posts.
Inactive
Miskwaa
after this, we can archive the thread and have them wander about or investigate the packs if you want? ^^

"For now it is." Miskwaa nodded solemnly, keeping quiet as she watched him eat. It may have been unsettling to have her steady gaze trained upon him, but he seemed just as lost in his thoughts as she was. Her uncle's reappearance into her life left the younger female with many questions that she had silenced in the months spent free of her family. Amid the brazen pride that came with being right, there lingered a seed of guilt that spread its roots in her conscience. What of her parents? What of Neche? Before her sat one victim of her feud with Ayashe, haggard and world-worn... The others, she guessed, were unlikely to be better off.

With a snort, Miskwaa pushed away the sentimentality.

“We should find a pack.” The manner in which Miskwaa spoke, words full of certainty, implied that this was something she had been planning since her arrival in the foreign lands. In truth, she had once had every attention of nosing around the lands and joining a pack if she found one that suited her needs: one that would treat her as an equal, one where she would not be burdened by the old and the weak and the young. But the man before her gave reason for the sudden dramatic shift in direction, for it seemed unlikely that Ziigwan would manage as a loner as well as Miskwaa herself had. He was rather old, after all, and by every right he deserved to live a more peaceful existence. “I believe there are a few nearby, but I couldn't tell you the slightest bit of information about them.” Miskwaa paused, thoughtful for a moment as she pushed herself to stand and moved to stand beside him. She walked in tight circles once, twice, three times before, apparently satisfied, she settled down in the grass beside him. “Wherever we go, I will not allow myself to be — to be treated like the dirt beneath my paws.” She outstretched her legs, resting her chin upon them now and watching him with fire in her golden eyes. “We can investigate further tomorrow.” 

(This post was last modified: Jun 02, 2015, 07:39 PM by Miskwaa.)
Played by Siki who has 47 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ziigwan Wanishin
sure thing! And you've got an entertaining RE to play with ;) Reply and archive, or just archive it <3

“We should find a pack.”

Right down to business then. Ziigwan considered that silently, inclining his head in consent. She sounded determined enough, and he could have faith in someone with that much faith in themselves. It did occur to him, however, why she had not yet joined a pack, though there was a host of potential reasons for that, and it wasn't worth questioning her over. If that was her plan then it was his too. Hopefully she would be better at it than he, for he had no idea where to properly start such an endeavour.

Fortunately she was better informed than he, declaring there to be a number of nearby possibilities. At least that was something. Now he just had to remember how to communicate positively with total strangers, and not only that, but submit to them; their family had not often taken in lone wolves over the years, and had tended to live in seclusion. Perhaps that was one reason that the pack had ultimately failed.

"Nor should you be." Her fire was clear for anybody to see, and it made him smile, safe in the knowledge that out of all choices he had made, this was not one of the bad ones. "Anyone who does will regret the mistake." Moving himself to lay next to her, he placed the remains of the hare - a hind leg attached to the remains of spine and torso - by her paws, and lay his head on her shoulders. Once more her scent filled his head, but this time it was overwhelming, and he allowed himself the temporary peace of heart she brought.