(See All?) Announcements
375 Users Online
Google, Bing

Roaming Soul — Riddle Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Halima who has 5 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Haji Nahais
Pale eyes blinking against the afternoon sun, Haji stepping out of the tree line was crossed by a familiar smell. The nearby scent marker by the nearby pack was undeniable in its strength, ensuring trespassers couldn't simply claim the age old excuse "it was too weak to be noticed." Such a feeble justification for one’s presence on pack territory he knew as well as any loner was an underhanded statement of one stupid individual to the many that they were in search of a quick death, a nice suicide. It was understandable, the life of a loner was a hard one and with the pack being as wide a variable as any if one wasn’t on the throne. Life was hard enough without tiptoeing around the higher ranking and born into a lowly rank himself not to mention riding it for the majority of his young life; he knew well how it felt to reside in the hot seat of a subordinate. One wrong move and you’re out. Unlike many however, that wasn’t his story of dispersal from his birth pack, oh no, he just wanted out, maybe to see the world and see how far he could go with his wits alone in the process but there was no great tragedy, no scuffle or conflict which warranted his leaving. He loved and was loved by his family, his birthpack though largely overlooked with his average abilities.

Taking a step back he began to turn, content that this time he’d come a step closer to the border than the stroll of yesterday. It was unlike him, this indecisiveness and coming to terms with that fact, he stopped and looked back longingly. He was fed up with the loner life, he wanted a pack, he wanted company. He missed mooching and being mooched off of under the name of family and kinship. There was no need to watch out for your back as it was a duty unconsciously fulfilled by one’s pack mates, an extension of love and mutual understanding.

To howl or not to howl? It was the thought that filled his mind. A loner for months uncounted he intuitively knew he was nearing his two year mark. It was time for a change, he decided, turning back in the direction of the scent marker. Then again should he? He backed up still yet indecisive.
"Ah, to hell with it." He muttered to himself crossing the remainder of the way to the border. “Think of the benefits, strength in numbers, caches of free food…but then again my time would cease to be my own, I’d have to abide to the orders of whatever alpha…but heck I follow orders still with my stomach and its grumbling.”

Now before the scent marker he howled out a greeting to the wolves beyond it, announcing his presence to the pack wolves in the vicinity, for better...or worse.
Played by Missy who has 66 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Seraphina Faye

Seraphina was not far from the borders when she heard an unfamiliar howl. She had been looking for herbs again, but was more than happy to attend to the matters at the border now that the need had arose. The Faye woman made haste to the source of the howl and was met with the sight of a medium sized, male wolf. With all the regality of any King or Queen, Seraphina took a dominant pose, golden tail and tawny head held high. Her brown eyes were kind, but firm, as she assessed the swarthy male, allowing her eyes to meet his very briefly, just long enough to assert her dominance in this situation.

"Hello. My name is Seraphina, a subordinate of Silent Moon Plateau. Who are you? And what business do you have at our borders?"Like her eyes, her tone was kind, but filled with the confidence that the life of a sheltered princess might bring. She held her stance, posture rigid but not unnatural looking as she waited to hear what this loner wanted. She assumed that he wanted to join their pack but she wanted to make sure this is was the case before she called for Phineas. She would not disturb her King until she was sure this situation was worthy of his time. Still, the young Faye sincerely hoped that this male wanted to join and was worthy of joining Silent Moon Plateau. They could use the extra testosterone to balance out all of the drama that the incoming ambitious females had introduced into the pack.

"Speech"

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief

Edit: you had an open strong style so I closed it :) -Ghost
(This post was last modified: Dec 02, 2014, 03:49 PM by Minka.)
Inactive V. Yearling
Haji Nahais
Approached by a brown female, Haji sank naturally into a submissive stance to compliment her dominant. He was relieved as he was startled at the speed of the pack’s response time yet it brought back memories to the time when he a newfound yearling confronted likewise unfamiliar individuals at the borders. Processing the pack subordinate’s words and holding back a smirk at her obvious highborn lineage, her scent though slight was unlike that of the border marker to which he assumed was the pack’s odor as a whole. He couldn’t help but observe how the female held herself in her posed regality he wondered about her background, royal’s former or no didn’t have a habit of joining other packs often or at least not to his knowledge. Her overconfidence softened by the kind vibe she gave off led him to automatically respect her that and she was older than him.
“Uh…nice to meet you, I’m Haji. I’m interested in joining the-er…your pack.” He replied a little awkwardly. It had been awhile since he’d spoken to another wolf but not enough to claim a total loss in manners. Then again he was never one for formalities and he hoped he hadn’t messed up…at least not too badly. The silence was awkward he decided and not just from his nerves. “So…how are you Seraphina?” He asked sincerely but nonetheless filling the air with a useless question. Despite the blatant informality of the inquiry on the bright side he supposed there was nothing wrong with branching out, and making connections. Not to mention for some reason she made him curious.
Inactive No Rank
Seraphina Faye

Seraphina was satisfied that the loner had adjusted his posture to submit to her dominance, but she wouldn't have expected less. Anything else and this might have been a hostile encounter instead of a friendly exchange. His answer was a little less satisfying. He had provided a suitable answer, but his speech had been slightly awkward and Seraphina wondered if this was a sign of insecurity or perhaps just a sign that his social abilities were rusty. It didn't surprise her that a loner might be a little off put in addressing another wolf, let alone a wolf that belonged to a pack he wanted to join. The loner's follow up question was also awkward and perhaps inappropriate for the situation, but not in anyway offensive to Seraphina. With a kind smile and gentle nod Phina remarked, "I am well Haji. It is nice to meet you. If you are interested in joining our pack, I shall call for my leader and you may speak with him." With that Seraphina tilted her tawny head back and let her rich howl carry through the air to @Phineas 's ears.

"While we wait for my Alpha to arrive, why don't you tell me a little about yourself. I am sure he will want to know what skills you can bring to our pack if he decides to let you join." Seraphina asked kindly, though there was a reservation in her voice. She hoped that if Haji talked to her first he might be a little less awkward when he addressed Phineas, but she in no way wanted to give the loner false hope. Sure it was likely that Phineas would accept him, but if he didn't Phina didn't want Haji to look to her for help. She had her own crusade to worry about and just didn't have the time or energy to go on a crusade for someone else, especially a stranger. If Phineas denied Haji, it would be his problem. Phina would wish the loner the best of luck, but would keep her opinion to herself and remember that it was the King's decision.

"Speech"

Inactive V. Yearling
Haji Nahais
Well, he thought, at least she answered the question. It may have been out of context but…ah well, not like he could take it back right? This nervousness with its awkward accomplice, had to go, he decided and taking a moment with an intake of breath and then slowly exhaling, he managed to expel his nerves or at least…most of it. His head was clearer for it and at the she-wolf’s prompting, he thought of how to respond. What skills did he have exactly?

“I’ve been a loner since a little past my first birthday and now coming up on my second year I can say that I’m rather resourceful as I’ve survived – for the most part – on my own.” He paused and an ear twitched involuntarily responding to the all too familiar digging of a flea, ignoring it reluctantly, he continued.
“I can hunt as well as any wolf…if not better, returning again to my current circumstances.” He had to cut himself off there almost giving into the false hope of acceptance when reevaluating his situation and who he was speaking to righted his irrational optimism. The female before him was not an alpha but a powerless subordinate, her opinion regarding his acceptance, he suspected would hold little weight if at all with the decision of her king. That was, if she was in the right mind to stick her neck out for a pesky border lurker. He knew he wouldn’t if he was in her paws.
“I am also quite confident in my speed it being one of the most vital skills at my disposal to not only evading danger but also catching prey.” Unable to bare it any longer, lifting a hind paw, he scratched the itch, swiftly quelling it in a matter of seconds.
“Oh…sorry.” He apologized sheepishly. He was really screwing this up wasn’t he? Oh well. Understanding that worrying about it wouldn’t erase the slip up from the judgment the pack-wolf was no doubt building; like a leaf with water, he let it go, easing the drop of impending embarrassment off of him before it had the chance to settle. Oh the positive side, at least the leader hadn’t showed yet. Thus he continued as if the scratch had never occurred, “I am also an adept tracker, having traced a deer miles away without any signs of noticeable disturbance in the undergrowth from scent alone, and on that point, I’d also like to say that I am very vigilant, an rudimentary skill heighted by the length of my solitude.”
Played by Rachel who has 473 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris

The howl echoed across the heavens for him – somehow, the cry sounded far more regal and enticing in the mountains than upon the soils in Magnolia Glen.. or perhaps it was the now familiar voice of a female who was certainly not harsh on the eyes. His desires were simple though – to see his children and pack flourish. With quick paws, the regal made to find the location of his comrade, noting it was likely a stranger she was dealing with. Seraphina had been quick to intersect the rogues, and she was certainly proving to be an impressive addition to the ranks.

He came upon them in mid-conversation – the gentle rumble of the stranger’s tone indicated male before he could truly study the dark form, and closer inspection would indicate he was a yearling. Phineas’ initial thoughts drifted to his daughter, who was at an age now where she could begin courting another – the thought soured him, and yet a stoical mask remained in place on his features as he came up to the side of his pack mate.

His shoulder brushed gently against hers in way of a friendly greeting, but it was the stranger that the Argyris patriarch studied now. He seemed capable – but that did not mean he was a decent fit for the pack. “Phineas Argyris, leader of these lands,” he stated, his tongue sweeping out to moisten his lips. “State your name and your business upon our borders.” Never one for idle chit chat, the alabaster male leapt right to the heart of the matter without skipping a beat.

Inactive No Rank
Seraphina Faye

Seraphina was surprised to feel Phineas' shoulder brush gently against hers. The gesture was a friendly one and Seraphina was happy that the ivory King was warming up to her. Her acceptance had seemed tenuous, relying on the word of his young daughter, but now Seraphina felt like she was beginning to prove that she was a worthy pack mate. A wave of pride swept over the young Faye, though her features remained unchanged, and there was nothing unsettling about this feeling. Seraphina was accustomed to being proud: she had worked hard in her four years and had earned everything she had. She never allowed anyone to tell her she could not do something and had developed a particular kind of self-respect that came with the hindsight of this kind of perseverance. Looking back, she was proud of everything she had accomplished despite all odds. But, pride was not the only thing she felt when Phineas extended that friendly gesture. His respect, and not just because he was her Leader, was important to her. For a moment, that thought, that feeling, was unsettling for the tawny woman. But only for a moment.

All of this passed through her mind, but none of it was present on her features and her mind was back on the matter at hand just in time to hear Phineas address the loner. He handled himself well, of course. He was firm and to the point, but not rude and not altogether unwelcoming, though Seraphina could certainly see a lesser wolf being intimidated by him. Seraphina cast her warm, intelligent brown gaze upon the loner to see how he would respond. With her King here, she was content to remain relatively quiet and observe how he handled the loner. All in all, Phina felt proud not just to have earned his respect, but to have earned a place in his pack. It was an honor to stand next to a man like Phineas; he was a welcome foil to her father.

"Speech"

Inactive V. Yearling
Haji Nahais
A wolf, larger than himself approached radiating the stout confidence of an Alpha, a King and sovereign over wolves and land. Haji, fairly intimidated unconsciously sank lower before the older male. It was as if the atmosphere changed with the ivory wolf’s arrival and with it, Haji’s perspective. Though he knew acceptance was out of his paws, the young wolf almost felt motivated to give it his best shot in light of the possibility of rejection. Almost.
Haji believed in fate, if it wasn’t in the stars than it never meant to be. Live and let live, go with the flow, roll with the waves of adversity, that was how he lived and the principles he followed. At Phineas’ prompting the yearling sighed inwardly as a trickling agitation rose within him. Was he to repeat over what he had already said? What a pain. Still he was impressed as to the clip rate the King got to the point.
“I am Haji Nahais and am interested in joining your pack. Having lived on my own in the months following my first birthday, I survived this far by honing my hunting and tracking skills, my nimbleness and vigilance. Though I am young and have much to learn, if permitted into your ranks, I will do my upmost to pull my weight as equally as any member.”
Played by Rachel who has 473 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris

“And why did you leave your old pack?” It was a simple question – one he asked most when they came to his borders, for their status as a lone wolf always begged the question as to why? they were in such a position. The ivory Argyris held no judgment on the matter – he doubted they would tell him if it was anything that would prevent them from joining his pack as their goal.. but Phineas liked to believe honesty was something that still floated throughout the world from time to time.

They could certainly use some males in the pack – if only to even out the gender count., That, and, naturally, perhaps a yearling around the same proximity of age to his eldest daughter would entice her to stay closer to home rather than to travel down the foothills and to the Oak Tree Bend pack.. to that boy that seemed so interested in her.

His eyes regarded the youth then, only straying from the dark yearling to capture Seraphina within his vision. Her poised figure was one of silent but regal commandment – one that seemed to welcome newcomers, yet it was also easy to see she did not take nonsense. Their first meeting had been trivial at best as well, and had Evy not asked her father to allow her a chance when she had been but a stranger, they would have been down a rather solid and loyal pack member.

It was strange how the fates worked at times.

Inactive No Rank
Seraphina Faye
Speech .

This was the second time in which Seraphina had the opportunity of watching Phineas greet a loner at the border. She noted how he acted, what posture he took, and what questions he asked. This was something the Faye woman had no experience with. Women weren't allowed near the borders of Revelry Rapids so this was totally new for her. Since she hoped to one day be a Leader, this would be something she might have to do on her own. Naturally, since it fell under the category of Leadership duties (and of bettering a pack in general) Seraphina wanted to learn how to do it to the best of her ability. So far, it seemed rather obvious: assert your dominance, make sure they are ready to submit, and make sure they would be a healthy and beneficial addition to the pack. Made sense.

What caught Seraphina's attention was the question that her Leader had asked in both meetings. He had asked Myrrhis, and now Haji, why they left their own pack. Honestly it was a very good question to ask and Seraphina felt embarrassed knowing that she probably wouldn't have thought to ask it on her own. In her mind, all wolves left for the same reason: conflict. Sometimes it was unavoidable conflict, sometimes a wolf was just running away from problems they were too lazy to solve, and sometimes they were the ones who had caused the conflict. Either way, Seraphina did not believe that any loner would answer that question honestly if it jeopardized their acceptance, so why even ask? Then again, it couldn't hurt to ask. Her curiosity and confusion did little to affect her features other than the slightest squinting of her brown eyes. It was a small gesture that Seraphina had never been able to shake but it often revealed quite a bit about her emotions; but only to someone who knew her well enough to notice it.

Finally, a rather obvious inquiry crossed her mind. Why had Phineas not asked her about her reasons for leaving her old pack? More importantly, would she want to tell him if he did ask? Part of her, though she tried not to acknowledge it, was excited by the idea of telling him about her past. Not just the little bit she had shared with Celandine about the customs and traditions, but all of the details. The murder, the sexist King, the zealot mother. What would he think? Another part of her wanted to cringe at the thought of actually speaking those words aloud. Seraphina reconciled these parts by reminding herself that it didn't matter: he had not asked. He had asked Haji and it was time to hear the loner's answer and see if he would be accepted.