(See All?) Announcements
498 Users Online
Google, Bing

tiptoe through the tulips — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Siki who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>So, it wasn't so strange to live with those who you didn't share genes with? Once, that would have been a foreign concept to Kinis, but he was growing to understand that Swift River's way wasn't the only way. The idea that one should consider any packmate a brother or sister was something of a revelation. Kinis thought back on all the strangers that Indru or Ruiko had permitted into the pack, and felt guilt. He had only ever thought of them as strangers. In his eyes, they had never been real Swift River members.

Alexander's words had obviously given the boy a fair amount to consider, for Kinis fell quiet, and his gaze dropped to the ground. He felt suddenly awkward, unworthy; he had just been proven arrogant and conceited, not to mention prejudiced, and it hurt to think that he was so unfair and horrible. Was it his fault that some of them had come and gone quickly? Had his unfriendliness and lack of acceptance driven them away? Suddenly at a loss for words in the midst of his own guilt, he drew his gaze to the water and struggled for anything to say.</blockquote>
<center>user posted image
<i>at least... that's where I'm supposed to be...</i></center>
Played by Bryony who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
it felt like an appropriate time to end it. i hope that's okay...

Alexander let out a huff of breath, and turned his eyes on Kinis, wondering if he would get a response, but the boy had fallen silent, it seemed. Alexander had never really known many, if any, wolves from Swift River, and while he was aware that Kinis had a few siblings, was never aware that that was all that had made up Swift River for quite some time. Just Kinis and his family. Perhaps if he had known that, the silence would have made more sense. But being unaware left Alexander silent as well.

At least for a few moments. His eyes had trailed off, looking out at the falls again, letting the sound of their relentless beating fill his ears. After a few minutes, he looked over at Kinis, and rose up, dipping his head just slightly. <b style="color:#51b85f">"My borders are open for you anytime, Kinis." The gray male said quietly, and gave the boy a kind nudge and a smile, before turning, and padding back towards the mountain. <b style="color:#51b85f">"speech."

Played by Siki who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>It was a fitting end. For a lad who had been so afraid to start any social interaction for many a week, this friendly and polite conversation had been the perfect segue into society again. It would, no doubt, be a few more days before he plucked up the courage to move closer to Swift River, but Alexander had unintentionally provided the boy with a heap of confidence.

His current state of guilt and concerns aside, at least this had proven a welcome return back to Relic Lore.

When Alexander departed, Kinis did not complain, happy enough for the time that the older wolf had deigned to spend with him. His tongue had come out to graze at the leader's muzzle in gratitude and friendship as the other turned to leave, and Kinis watched him go until the kindly wolf fell out of sight.</blockquote>
<center>user posted image
<i>at least... that's where I'm supposed to be...</i></center>