(See All?) Announcements
464 Users Online
Google, Bing

Curtain Call — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

The alpha took Kiche's words to mind. "You all worry about the most worthless things," the words repeated in his head. He had noted when the male flinched, but decided not to question his reaction. Instead, he tilted his head and drew a bit closer; the curiosity - about God, the male's name, and how he'd found his way to Grizzly Hollow territory - was quickly replaced by provoked chagrin. "And what is it I ought to be worried about?" he asked, a soft growl accenting the word "worried."

The fur along Borden's spine began to rise. His worries might have been tedious and unnecessary, but not worthless.

Played by Sarah who has 290 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote>
Kiche was blissfully unaware of the increasing tension between him and Borden. The tone was ignored, and Kiche considered his answer seriously, even though he knew the heathen probably didn't give a damn. They always asked these questions, but in the end, they never seemed to care for the answers. None of them wanted to be called out, and none of them wanted to hear that they had been condemned. They were all in denial. But Kiche humored all of them as best he could, answering their stupid questions. It was hard not to throw up in the process, though.

"<b>None of you seem to have any trouble surviving in this goddamn place. I really can't imagine it's worth your time to worry about anyone.</b>" The stupid brute, Raigo, or whatever, was probably having the time of his little pagan life, conducting rituals and sacrificing virgins to Satan or something. While <i>Kiche</i> could justify worrying about that, the other savage probably wouldn't. He grumbled softly, adding "<b>God is much more important. Spreading the good word and seeking redemption are much more important things. When you die, would you rather have Him waiting for you with open arms? Or wake up in Hell?</b>" However, that was probably an unfair question to ask. They were already living in Hell.
</blockquote>
[Image: Kiche-porcisig2.jpg]
like my art? comission me!
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

Breath rose from Borden's muzzle like fumes. His tail rose and curled as he took in Kiche's scent. There he went... going on about God again. However, whether or not this place had been Hell piqued his interest, fueling his agitation. His ears flattened atop his skull.

"I've already woken up in Hell," he seethed. "And I'd like to believe I left it behind... I've never believed in this... God... but I do believe in redemption and I strive for it every chance I get, so don't you start preaching to me about how to live." He swallowed, completely unsure of how to feel now that the topic was out in the open. His second display of irritation ceased as if Kiche had thrown water - or, even better, holy water - over the alpha's rekindled flame. Taking a few steps back once more, he settled down again. He secretly blamed his mentors - his parents, uncle, and absent grandparents - for not instilling within him a sense of security, something that told him that prayers were indeed answered or worth saying. Whoever had allowed this wolf to become apart of his pack, Borden wasn't sure if he should be angry at them or grateful... The tawny brute brushed his fur the wrong way, but at the same time offered something that Borden had lacked in his upbringing.

"Whe-when... When I die, I just want to know that I'd done something good..."

Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote>
Already woken up in Hell? Kiche bawked at the alarming statement. How could it be that this heathen had already been to Hell once and then <i>left it behind</i>. Was that even possible? It seemed more likely that they were already <i>in</i> hell. What did this mean? "<b>What do you mean, left it behind?</b>" But even as his mind writhed with confusion, he realized several of his suspicions had been confirmed: these heathens <i>had</i> in fact fallen from the grace of God, whom they did not believe in. Some had already been to Hell, and more still would join them. Everyone was gong to Hell —everyone except Kiche, of course.

That the strange heathen believed working towards his redemption was a little less disconcerting. Clearly, Borden was doing it wrong. However, surrounded by a bunch of heathens, he would have little chance to see the error in his ways. This beast, no matter how vile or disgusting, needed Kiche's help. Except there were a few glaring problems with this: Borden did not believe in God, and he had already said he didn't want to be told how to live. <i>Well,</i> Kiche thought, straightening and stretching, <i>He's just like all the other ones then.</i> None of them wanted Kiche's help. They just marched straight on to hell.

Kiche did not find Borden's last words heartwarming in the slightest. As a heathen, he was pretty much automatically incapable of doing good. However, Kiche would not burst his bubble. Time would be the telling agent here, and eventually time would tell this stupid savage that his hopes had been dashed, and that he would be going back to Hell once more.
</blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

Borden expected just as much - for the male to be appalled at his statement regarding the fiery realm of suffering and agony, and ignore his previous comment about death. He shrugged when he was asked what he meant. "I could have sworn I was damned to begin with," he breathed. "Why else would I have had such a life as this one? I fell somewhere..." He wasn't sure how much Kiche would listen or take in, but nevertheless, he continued and finished his thought. "And I'm convinced it's too late for anyone or anything to save me. Maybe Jayse, her love, could but I don't think it's enough." Nothing is ever enough... The statement rang through the depths of his mind; this singular sentence had not only driven him to madness in striving for perfection, but it had also caused him to believe that his "crusade" to do good and just deeds would not be sufficient for him to completely recover from his grief over his past self.

"Look," he finally said after a lengthy pause. "I'd like to believe in deities, in prayers and the possibility of them being answered... but..." He choked and rapidly tried to clear his throat, "I do not actively seek redemption because I know I... I won't ever be graced by it, not after everything I've done."

He inhaled raggedly at his realization of his status with the world and all its mysterious forces. His grandmother might have tried to comfort him but, of course, she was gone now. There was nothing for him to fall back on; he had no choice but to accept the facts, to find some temporary peace while he was still on this earth... before the flames would ultimately consume him. "My mate," he began. "I... She... We might be expecting at the end of Spring. I can't... I want... I want you to help raise them, teach them about... about God. I don't know where you learned of Him or how you know so much about religion, but, I just don't want them to feel as lost as I have been." "Damned" he had wanted to say, but he figured he would have sounded like a broken record. He cast a longing glance at Kiche now, every trace of his animosity erased. "I... beg you. Say what you wish of me, our pack, but, please, help guide them."

Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><ul><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>should finish this up here, yeah?</span></li></ul><i>Hmpff.</i> As far as stupid heathens went, this one went pretty far. While he was clearly disillusioned about some things in life, he appeared to be on the right track. He had nailed one thing on the head, for sure: he had been damned to begin with, and salvation would never be granted to him. Kiche watched him wordlessly as he spoke, his face a stoic mask. God's judgement had been passed, and at this point, Kiche knew there was nothing he could say, and he did not feel sorry for the savage. Borden was, after all, a godless wolf, who had apparently committed awful crimes. He had made choices, he had sinned, and now he was paying for them. What was there to feel sorry for?

Stately and silent, Kiche watched the condemned wolf struggle with his words. There was not a flicker of compassion in his heart as he listened, not an ounce of real concern for the damned pagan before him. At the mention of puppies, however, something stirred in him. It was something dark and malicious, a conniving desire to save them. It was his duty to raise them as believers and good souls, whether he had Borden's permission or not. Having it, though, would make his job easier. <i>Delightful.</i> A slow, faint smile curved his lips, "<b>Of course, Borden. I would never</b><i> dream</i><b> of condemning children.</b>"

Pulling himself to his feet, Kiche sauntered over to the heathen, trying to look as if he were a concerned and caring friend. He draped a foreleg over Borden's shoulder in a friendly gesture he had seen his masters do —although to do it to a <i>heathen</i> made his skin crawl. "<b>Your children will be safe with me.</b>" For good measure, he flashed a quick smile.
</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Apr 10, 2011, 12:16 AM by Kiche.)