(See All?) Announcements
521 Users Online
Bing, Google

Hounds of Annwn — Blackberry Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kydnt who has 55 posts.
Inactive II. Herbalist
Lugh Whelan
At the border of BTD, takes place a couple days after this thread: http://relic-lore.net/showthread.php?tid=8755

He ain't dead but he's close to it. Don't think I'll kill him yet though. Also he's delusional, no one is actually chasing him 

They were still after him. He knew it. He could feel their hot breath on his neck and hear their howls just within hearing, calling from that cursed woodlands. He knew he couldn't stop, or they would catch him. Rip off the rest of his limbs and leave him utterly helpless. He had seen the wild look in their eyes, they were beasts who knew nothing but the hunt. He had been moving nonstop, first running, then limping, then pulling himself along by his front legs. As weariness and bloodloss sunk in, he resorted to practically dragging himself forward with the last reserves of energy he had. His belly scraped the ground as his front dewclaws hooked into the frozen ground beneath the snow. His hind left leg was completely ruined, dried blood caked and clotted into his dusty brown fur, flashes of white bone and tendon serving stark contrast. It had taken him so long to get this far, and the only thing preventing rot was the frigid snow beneath him. But it was a double edged sword as well, seeping out vital body heat. 

He wasn't even sure where he was going anymore, completely dazed, but his instincts knew what to do. Pack, it whispered, and pulled him towards the scent of blackberry. He had made it into the blackberry fields, his pale yellow eyes meeting the familiar leaves with a thankful, yet unfocused gaze. One last pull forward, but that was as far as he could get before slumping, his face landing on its side in the cushion of snow. His tongue panted against the snow, wisps of vapor rising from his parted maw. Screw it, they could have him, as long as he could finally rest.
Played by Adoption who has 4 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Omaii Lospire
Omaii mowed slowly through fields her sense of smell working on it highest, as she was aware that she had crossed a pack bordered. It was early spring witch meant that the slight change in temperatures had state to melt away the whit powder on the ground and yet it wasn’t going fast enough. And the other thing that spring brought along was making her fur itch and her body over heat every second minute. it was the time where she and many other females would be in heat, not the strangest name for the strange thing happening to her sins it did fell like her body was on fire itching and boiling constantly. She let out a sight as she allowed her body to flop down in to the cold snow hoping that it could tame some of her symptoms.

She closed her eyes felling how her body heat slowly dropped, and made her body useful again at least until she would stand up and the heat and inching would return. She took in a deep breath and the scents of blackberry, a male wolf and blood hit her nose. She opened her eyes standing up looking around her "that’s a lot of blood" she mumbled as the strong sent of blood and wolf leaf her forward carefully she followed the scent.   

She finally made I close enough to see the brown frame of what she first thought was a coyote until the scent of male wolf sent shivers down her spine as she slowly started running toward the collapse wolf. As she came closer and could see his current stat she called out her voice filled whit fear and concern “hey are you alright! Pleas what happen?”  
Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina
@Tokino @Inali @Astraeus @Bane @Cessair @Luz @Raela

The alpha had been patrolling the border when the scent of blood filled her nose, worse yet she recognized the scent along with it. Dread made Minka's body feel numb and cold as she instantly broke out into a sprint towards the smell. A million scenarios ran through the back of her mind but at the same time she fought to keep her head empty, it would do no good to over react. By the time she arrived she knew that she wasn't overreacting, Lugh lay in the snow looking unresponsive as blood seeped steadily from his leg. The sight of bone and tendon in his torn flesh was enough to turn the mother's usual steady stomach and she swallowed forcibly to keep the bile down.

Worse yet a loner had beaten her to the scene, she was a stranger and for all Minka knew she had done this to the Down's beloved herbalist. Tawny hackles rose along her spine as the alpha flashed her teeth with a growl, "Leave now loner, this is pack business." The tone was clear; this was no empty threat and the other woman should chose to stay at her own risk. The golden eyes stared warningly at her before the fae's muzzle lifted to the sky calling for the pack. Finishing the call Minka stalked forward, placing herself directly between Lugh and the stranger, ready to fend her off if need be.

Minka might know nothing about healing, she might not know what to fetch from the pharmacy to help Lugh, but she could fight. She would fight if push came to shove, the Lagina wasn't afraid.

Played by Poppin' who has 62 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Astraeus Taranath
 photo f0a47938-e6cd-4506-9869-a78bbfe6322b_zpsccik9ncv.jpg

Aeus bided his time with a stroll on this fine spring day, searching for another Downs member to hopefully converse with. The temperatures were warm, not warm enough to rid the blanket of snow unfortunately. Its prickly surface still scraping at the bottoms of his pads everywhere he tread.

The crow colored man did not expect such a busy day. Napping and finding morsels of food here and there. But there was nothing important ...That was until a cry rang in his ears. Freezing him in place. Now, who could that be? Whoever "They" are, they sound terribly worried. He set off at a jaunty pace, some would call a lope, but it was merely a lengthy trot. He turned gears in his mind, wondering what ruckus could be so great on a monday*. Just the thought was provoking enough to spark interest. As he jogged closer, the smell of freshly spilled blood was present. Aeus crinkled his nose with a curt snort. I don't believe today is going to be as pleasant as I imagined.

Low and behold, it was Mrs. Lagina who had sounded the alarm. A Downs wolf was laid on its side, oozing blood onto the snow with each heart beat."Oh my, what do we have here?" He frowned at the mutilated man. Aeus was so oriented with the mess in front of him, he didn't notice the visitor. She was smaller than him and was covered in rusty orange fur. He was about to open his black laced lips, but it seemed as if Mrs. Lagina had taken care of business. He flicked an ear, feeling for the young girl. She was helping, not hurting. But, knowing his place and  what was right, he stayed silent.

"Lady Lagina.. I am not much of a medic, but I can seek the help of a herbalist. I need only a name." He offered with a brow raise. He would have done this right away, but he knew nothing of the wolves around him. He only knew order and Mrs.Lagina was at the top tier. But oh, the irony... it was almost painful! If poor Aeus only knew.

*Thats what day it is for me currently, feel free to switch around the date with what matches :)
(This post was last modified: Mar 17, 2015, 03:37 AM by Astraeus.)
[Image: GaeusA.png]
ITS NOT LIKE I WANTED US TO HAPPEN
[Image: 7e57a423-1f11-4ee8-ac67-a16d5fba0f85_zpswgncsxdo.png]
Played by Kydnt who has 55 posts.
Inactive II. Herbalist
Lugh Whelan
An empty, dreamless sleep claimed Lugh the moment his eyes shut. There was no sense of time passing, and the next thing he knew an unknown voice was speaking to him. Jolting awake, then crying in pain he could do little more than whimper and hope they wouldn't try to eat him. His heart pounded wild in his chest again, fear filling his veins in a cold pulse. With head half lifted and vision foggy he looked at the brownish shape that had come into view. Despite the concern that filled her voice, he was hardly paying attention to what it was she said. He bared his teeth at the approaching form, a feeble, breathy snarl given to warn her off from coming any closer. Even that little display was too much for him at the moment, and he quickly slumped back down into snow. He could only stare at her, light yellow irises ringed in white as he hoped she wouldn't kill him.

A new flash of fear entered him as a growling voice was heard nearing from a different angle, a new tawny blur interjecting itself into his field of vision. The voice, the scent... He knew who it was, he was sure he did. "Min...ka?" He finally wheezed, tongue dry and heavy in his mouth. He relaxed slightly, eyes softening. He had trust in his leader, it would all be alright with her here... Even the appearance of yet another strange wolf not rattling him as much as the first wolf had. Minka would keep him safe.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Played by Adoption who has 4 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Omaii Lospire

Omaii turned around in surprise as another wolf who carried the same pack sent as the one laying on the ground approached her.  The warning given to her by the wolf who seemed to be female, she sighed annoyed did this wolf not see that she was trying to help? On the other hand had she been in the stranger’s paws she would probably have done the same. She took a fast decide making her choice that she would stay and see how this turn out at least for now , though she also knew that a fight was the last thing they need one injured wolf would be more than enough. As the injured male troubled spoke the name of a female she went for the decision that this Minka was probably the wolf who were know standing in between her and the male. Trying to avoid a confrontation She lowered her tail and turned her ears showing submission to the female. ”I am sorry but I think you have gotten the wrong idea, I haven’t harmed or injured him in any way I came across the scent of blood and followed it her hoping that I would be able to help.”

as the second wolf appeared also carrying the packs sent she start getting cold feet. Had she taken the right decision about staying or had she doomed herself to the death?. She looked at them trying to determine her odds of getting away if a fight should break out. After all she had no intention of staying in there territory she had only wished to help the stranger, but know where his pack had found him she was no longer need. She opened and closed her mouth as if she wanted to say something more but no words seemed to fir right so she just ended up staying silent while keeping her submissive stance toward the female.

Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina
@Bane @Inali @Cessair @Luz @Raela if anybody else wants to jump in Minka would appreciate the help :)

It didn't take long before she was joined by one of her subordinates. Astraeus' dark form was quick to be by her side offering her his assistance, one of their newer members Minka hadn't had much time to get to know him personally yet but that was of little importance now. What was of importance was getting Lugh to safety and getting him the care that he needed, the latter being quite the challenge. Tawny ear flicked towards the male at his next question though her golden eyes remained focused on the loner as she chose to stay. Sighing through gritted teeth she murmured, "This is our herbalist and I know next to nothing about healing." Oh how she wished they were closer to their allies so she could call on them for help, but they were a three day journey away and they needed assistance sooner than that.

Suddenly it was as if a light bulb went off above the alpha's head as she had a case of déjà vu. This was almost the exact situation as when @Tokino had been mauled by that bear, but then they had had two healers present to mend him. Luckily Minka remembered the name of the herb that they had given her mate to help with the pain as well that they had cleaned then packed the wound. Whipping around the golden eyes met that of her subordinates, "Do you know where the infirmary is? I need you to get me a plant called Black Hawthorn from its stores. The leaves might be faded to an orangy brown now and the flower might be wilted but the leaves will be fanned out and the flowers are white. Bring me some immediately and if you see any other members along the way bring them back with you." The eyes were clear and focus though her usually calm tone held a severe urgency as she urged her member to go. Minka herself would have gone as she had seen the plant before but Lugh was waking now and asking for her.

Looking back to their herbalist as he spoke the woman dipped her muzzle in close to his, nuzzling his neck in an attempt at comforting him. Humming softly under her breath she spoke so only he could hear, "It's okay Lugh, you're home now, we're going to help you and everything will be fine. You're safe now, I'm not leaving your side." The small brute beside her had grown to be like family to Minka, he had been a founding member, seen the birth of her children, helped raise them. In their greatest times of need Lugh had been there for them and now it was the alpha's turn to return the favour. Lifting her head away then the Lagina woman took another step forward towards the loner, "If you're insisting on staying you're going to have to make yourself useful. Keep an eye out for anyone who might have followed him here, alert me the second you see anything." The golden eyes were wary, now that she had calmed some she knew it wasn't this loner who had harmed her friend, but she could also tell by his scent who it had been. The Secret Woodlands wolves had done this, which meant that they had declared war.

Played by Mily who has 369 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha

The stench was stronger now. Inali had been close to the borders when she caught it. It was the stench of blood, but the scent that intermingled with it was what truly cast fear into her heart. Someone of their pack had been wounded! The smell was too strong for it to be just an ordinary cut. The scout immediately ran, following the scent and her pace quickening as she realized she was getting closer. The scene before her made both her heart and stomach clench. Lugh was on the ground, his hind leg utterly destroyed. The woman felt like she was about to gag, but kept her composure. Lugh was a nice man. Though they truly didn't know each other personally, Inali knew he was a good pack mate. Whoever or whatever had done this to the small man, he sure hadn't deserved it.

The blue eyed wolf moved closer with silent, smooth steps her eyes passing over the loner. If she was still here, than Minka hadn't felt the need to drive her away. Still, Inali gave the woman a look to know that she should keep a good distance away from them. Dismissing the woman, Inali turned her attention to Minka. Silently, she pressed her muzzle against her alpha's, in a form of comfort. She seemed calm and focused, and that was exactly what they needed. Though, Inali knew she worrying for Lugh. Inali was no healer, and even she knew that this was bad. They had to do something though.

She looked down at Lugh. He was their healer. Inali knew nothing of plants with medical properties. Oh, if only Lugh had the strength to speak! She looked at Minka, her form aching to aid their friend. It had not escaped her the scent of Secret Woodlands on his fur, and the rare fury the woman ever felt was prominent in her blue orbs. They would soon get what was coming to them.

”Speech”
Sed-rah-Stock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]

Played by TABs who has 170 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tokino Lagina

OOC: Just realized that Tokino might remember Omaii's scent and general looks from when he often spied on Dnakinna pack... so this might get more interesting. ALSO please feel free to skip me if it comes to my turn and I'm not on.

IC: Kino had been off territory when all the interesting drama began to unfold. He had not been searching for Noble close to Secret Woodlands like Lugh had been, but rather in the directions opposite from the woodlands pack. The gray wolf was making his way back home now from the lands east of their own territory, and he was coming back home empty pawed once more. Dark thoughts flew rampantly through the Lagina males mind as he prayed to his ancestors that his children were safe and together.

Upon reaching the border Tokino had decided to continue along it and add his own scent to the mix once more. It was easier to do it now before heading back and resting by the den. Kino knew that if he were to lay down now he would be done for the day and resting till tomorrow. So he forces himself long the border lifting his leg every once in a while and applying his own musk to the invisible wall of smell. It wasn't until he reached the borders on the opposite side that Tokino began to scent his pack mates...

His pack mates and wolf blood...

Picking up the pace considerably the older wolf approaches the scene. His icy gaze narrows on the distant forms of wolves, and his muzzle turns to a snarl as he notes the smell of a stranger. Upon reaching the group Kino looks down to see the broken form of Lugh on the ground. His snarl disappears for a moment as the gray male whimpers ever so slightly. His head lowers for a moment to sniff at Lugh while Kino's sharp gaze peers into the rusty female with slight confusion. He knew her from somewhere... but more importantly he knew the scent covering Lugh's coat.

Secret Woodlands... He growls low and dark before yanking his head back up and staring at the stranger. Why was she here among his pack? Had she brought Lugh to them out of the goodness of her heart? Or had she happened upon the scene? He didn't know, but Kino didn't like her being there. He flashed his teeth at the she wolf and pinned his ears forward threateningly while evaluating her scent further. Her scent was very familiar to him, and she looked like someone he knew. Kino racked his brain, which was still busy feeling helpless for Lugh, for female wolves he had met or seen who matched the strangers looks.

Like a mystery without a clue
Minka & Tokino
There is no me if I cannot have you