501 Users Online
Bing

Thorns and Ice
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Poppin' who has 62 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Astraeus Taranath
 photo f0a47938-e6cd-4506-9869-a78bbfe6322b_zpsccik9ncv.jpg

Oh I just had him wander around, thank you though!

Raela chimed in with his little mumblings, turning her eyes back to face his. He spaced himself from her as she ate, sniffing around and pawing at the murky mud. He squished his ebony paws into it, watching the air bubbles rise around his paws and popping under his breath. From the rustlings and little grunts of struggle, she had found her buried meal. Aeus looked over his shoulder at her. "I haven't been to the den, should we visit that?" It seemed so silly not to have visited the center of the Downs, for he was after all, part of the downs. As she filled her hunger, he laid down to rest his eyes. Closing them periodically. He hadn't realized how wiped he was, it would be very pleasing later on tonight when he could allow himself to fall into a deep sleep. But no. No time for resting now, it was time to adventure and enjoy the presence of another. He pulled himself up, trotting over to Raela. "Have anymore? I realized it would be unwise to travel on an empty stomach." He smiled and wagged his tail. Aeus understood if she didn't, but it was worth asking.

(This post was last modified: Apr 04, 2015, 02:00 AM by Astraeus.)
[Image: GaeusA.png]
ITS NOT LIKE I WANTED US TO HAPPEN
[Image: 7e57a423-1f11-4ee8-ac67-a16d5fba0f85_zpswgncsxdo.png]
Played by Jenandra who has 438 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn

The girl's eyes wandered upward now and again to take in Aeus' movements. He was a curious creature, finding amusement in the mere mud beneath his feet. She almost smiled at his inquisitiveness, and began to feel guilty for delaying their trip. Her ears and head pricked to take in his smooth voice yet again. ”Oh. Sure, I can take you there.” Rae had been to the den only once; she took it upon herself to find the crucial landmark early on. It was not terribly hard to locate by scent, but difficult to navigate to. She rolled her eyes to the side somewhat playfully before continuing. But, the bushes get really thick around there.” The woman grinned mischievously, knowing her companion would likely detest the idea.

The mahogany-eyed man then chose to relax as she devoured the haunch; seemingly drowsy enough for his eyes to fall closed. Soon he was on his feet though, apparently determined not to let sleep dictate his plans for the day. As he moved toward her asking for food, Rae instinctively recoiled; pulling her ears and tail back in submission to her superior. Though it was likely unnecessary, she moved without thinking, and kept her head bowed as she stood off to the side. A superior is to be offered food at the slightest hint of hunger, her beaten mind repeated. She did not fear him, in particular, but she didn't want to give him a reason to make her. Wolves were aggressive about food, even packmates. But in Raela's experience, especially packmates. Astraeus had told her he wasn't hungry before. Had he changed his mind? Did seeing her eat cause him to loose his patience? Did he need to display dominance by taking the last of her meal? She managed to speak after her quick sidestep, hoping to clear the air. Hopefully he wouldn't think her strange to act this way. ”Of course,” she said gently, turning her eyes up to his only once. She took a few wandering steps to the side, to avoid any awkward questions or condolences he might have. In truth, she didn't want to act so frightened and jumpy all the time, but now it had become her nature. It was the only way she survived up until now. 

Despite her avoidance, she secretly hoped he would tell her none of this was necessary around him. He'd given hints that he wanted her to relax and be comfortable, such as lowering his posture and speaking kindly, but the big male had not outright said it. Rae didn't want him to be like her family. She'd moved away so fast out of the desire not to ruin what was becoming a good thing. Maybe if she didn't aggravate him, he'd stay calm and friendly like this. She took a seat facing away from the hungry man, waiting respectfully for him to finish. It was better not to find out if someone watching him eat pissed him off. Even conditional friendliness was better than aggression.  

Image © Chris Smith Photography
Manipulation © Jenandra
(This post was last modified: Apr 07, 2015, 01:17 AM by Raela.)
            [Image: 1HGS6dy.png]
[Image: AsFM155.png]
Inactive No Rank
Astraeus Taranath

It pleased him that their travels would take him to the den, but, at a price. He had a great distaste for the thorns in place he lived. But, he would get used to their snagging tips. He turned his vision up to just see a glimpse of her fading smile. It would be to his liking if the two became friends, he didn't know anybody from the Downs and friendship would be beneficial for the both of them.

When he stepped forth, inquiring about her leftovers, she shrunk back. Like Mercury, she slid through the rises and falls of the earths surface, finding a safe crack to hide in. The sudden withdrawal set a cringe on his handsome face. What would cause this woman to fear so greatly? He huffed and let his tail go limp. The soft, "Of course" curdled his stomach. "Raela, I know you don't know me. But I promise you, I wish you no harm." He offered a smile, taking just a few bites so she could still finish the rest of her meal. The venison hit his stomach nicely, filling his slight hunger and fueling the lacked energy. "My dear, should we carry on?" He asked, as if inviting her to test the murky waters.

”Speech”
(This post was last modified: Apr 15, 2015, 01:10 AM by Astraeus.)
Played by Jenandra who has 438 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn
Fade us out Poppin'!

She stood there, facing away from the man, her sensitive ears cringing at the sound of his huff. Some deeper part of her knew he probably wouldn't hurt her, that all this would seem silly to him. Sadly that part was buried under fear, and this ridiculous conflict of reason and emotion kept her rooted firmly to the earth. The sound of his deep voice speaking her name sent an involuntary bristle down her spine. It was like electricity; terrifying, chilling, and yet there was no malice to it this time. Her body and face burned as Aeus spoke, and she only turned further from him; unable to bring herself to meet his gaze. She wanted to bolt and she wanted to turn to him, and the two could not reconcile. There she stood, burning up and yet frozen. Between shame and fear, reason and panic, past and present. How stupid and broken I must seem to him! Her thoughts thundered with her pulse. And suddenly, there was peace. 

”I promise you, I wish you no harm.” All grew silent inside her, and the poor battered girl forced herself to turn. Her eyes were glossy, but no tears had fallen, and her fur settled along her spine. Not a soul had ever said those words, let alone to her. Not even her dear brother could promise her safety beside him. He'd been commanded to attack her before, and at risk of his own punishment, followed through. Rae could not blame him, but it was a strange and alien thing for a stranger to promise her this on a whim. This was how she'd always wanted her pack to be... The man offered a smile, and she instantly felt childish before his dark imposing form. She looked down, her ears pressing backward. He probably thought of her as a child by this point anyway. What a pathetic fool you are, her mind chided. Raela wanted to speak, but found her mouth dry and jaw still tense. Thankfully, her packmate seemed not to require anything more from her, and peacefully turned to eating while she stood there like an idiot. 

He stopped after a few moments, non-verbally inviting her to finish it off. She seemed to snap out of her frozen state long enough to bow her head in thanks and move forward.  She no longer felt fear of retaliation in his presence, but finished the meal quickly regardless. A question flowed from the brute's maw just as she rose to her feet. First 'darling,' now 'my dear'... a shy smile crept across her muzzle once more, and she managed to bring her golden eyes up to his again. ”We should,” she replied with a step toward the den. Before they had moved very far, her ears slumped once again and she choked out further speech. ”Oh, and thank you, Aeus.” She spoke quietly, avoiding his eyes. As to what for she did not specify. Outwardly, she meant the food, and suspected he would understand; but really the woman wanted to thank him for his words, and could not outright say it. If she was lucky, he would pick up on both, but not make a big deal out of it. She was far to anxious and shy to handle that right now. 

Image © Chris Smith Photography
Manipulation © Jenandra
            [Image: 1HGS6dy.png]
[Image: AsFM155.png]
Inactive No Rank
Astraeus Taranath

His big and burly heart practically melted inside his ribcage, watching tears form on the brims of her eye lids. He gave a soft whine. Aeus never dealt well with feelings, so he could relate in a tiny portion of her distress. He didn't like seeing anybody in such a wrapped up state. She rose, warily, but still she was standing. She agreed with the plan to head out, and then thanked him, rather nervously. He grinned widely, hoping she would be able to catch just the tail end of it. She was so scared of everything, and he wanted to help her not be. It wasn't fair that she had to live her life in constant fear. "I.. Of course." He chuckled brightly, letting her lead the way to their destination.

Hey sorry for the shitty post, I didn't know what else to end with XD

”Speech”