we ain't leaving — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina
@Maksim @Kisla

So BTD has come for another favor xD  

Mid-March, 11:15pm, Freezing Fog, 23F/-5C

Minka had stayed with Lugh for almost two weeks before she couldn't stand to do anything anymore. While she had been doing her best to keep him stable with the little knowledge she had and the instructions that the herbalist was able to give it wasn't enough to appease her. Secret Woodlands had gone too far this time and they needed to pay for the crimes they had committed against her pack. So the alpha had alerted @Tokino and @Inali that she was heading to their allies in the south and would return as quickly as possible and she had set off at once. Nearly three days had passed since then and the woman had hardly rested, only when her muscles could carry her no more without a pause in travel.

The fog that covered the earth that night was enough to relax Minka's worries about moving into the southern part of the lore. While she knew she would be safe amongst the forest of the River wolves it was very possible that the Caverns wolves would also be out that night. The fog provided perfect cover for the tawny woman, she would be able to scent them before they were able to see her and vice versa. Her pace was swift as she searched for the borders, knowing she was late in the night but also that this meeting couldn't wait until an appropriate hour of day. For all Minka knew the Woodlands wolves were planning another attack of their own, time was of the essence.

Finally the Lagina woman picked up the scents of her friend Maskim and his subordinates among the thick boughs. Lifting her muzzle without hesitation she called for the leaders of the pack, the tone in her howl clear that this was urgent. This time the Downs woman wasn't here for a friendly visit.

Played by Mimi who has 313 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski

The urgent call of a friend was something Maksim could not ignore.

A howl had sounded at his borders and it had rattled the Baranski king from his slumber, causing him to lift his head. His eyes were wide and his ears stood perked atop his head as their summon died out against the wind. His mouth grew dry; Minka. She sounded serious, desperate ... and angry. Without a word, he slowly stood, pulling himself from his beloved's side. Lowering his head to her ear, he uttered soft words with a strained tone of steel. "Minka requires aid," he whispered, leaning in to nuzzle the creamy cheek of @Kisla before he turned away and disappeared into the trees.

Once he had made some ground, the agouti Mackenzie tilted his head back and gave his own howled response. I've heard you; I'm on my way. Quick to immediately pick up his pace, Maksim thundered forward from his static position to hunt down the tawny wolf he called a friend and ally. He pushed on, his expression twisted with concern. Whatever it was that brought Minka to his borders today, it was not something to be taken lightly. This was no friendly visit. Cream paws, well adapted to the Cedarwood's floor, thrummed against the ground, kicking up whatever lay beneath them.

It did not take him too long to spy the Black Thorn Downs' queen, considering that he had been running as fast as his hulking body could carry him. Slowing, he panted as he approached her, offering a friendly nod of greeting. "Minka." His voice was stony and low. "What has happened? Is it the Cavern wolves?" If they had found the woman's home, harmed her family ... he'd personally rip the damp, thick skull right from Ash Hervok's body and wear his mangy, flea-bitten pelt.

we are shining in the rising sun, as we are floating in the blue
Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina
I'm assuming Maksim would know the BTD pups were missing since she sent Inali to ask for Naia's help, let me know if that's not okay :)

As always Minka wasn't disappointed by her friend Maksim's quick response to her call, first with a howl and then by his form coming into sight. Dipping her head in respect and greeting to his own nod the golden eyes looked over his figure quickly, checking for any signs of his own distress. Other than the concern on his maw and his slightly ruffled pelt from sleeping he seemed in good health, quite a contrast to herself she knew. While she had began eating again when her son returned and had gained back some of the weight she lost she was a ways from where she had been, thin and exhausted could easily sum up her appearance.

Every time she tried to rest the image of @Lugh's twisted leg seemed to be stamped on the back of her eyelids, it filled her dreams. Shaking her head softly at his words she sighed, "The Cavern wolves haven't given us any trouble in some time. Unfortunately I can't say the same for their allies at Secret Woodlands." Minka's voice was raspy, both from lack of water and just pure distress at the situation, she had never wanted to lead her pack into a war but now here she was. "When we first settled our pack we had no idea how close their own borders lay, they're less than a day's travel from us. Our herbalist Lugh was out searching for @Noble who is still gone when he was attacked by some of their members. He's still alive thanks to one of our newer subordinates but his back leg will be crippled for sure and he's still in critical condition after a fortnight."  Minka paused now, golden eyes looking to see how her ally would react to this, it was after all quite a bit of information and none of it was pleasant. If he had come to tell her the same news she knew that she would be enraged that the Cavern had injured one of his own.

Muscles tensed subconsciously at the thought of all of the allies that the Woodlands had, the Downs were outnumbered and if the River wolves couldn't help they had no hope. It angered her that it had come to violence, it had always been tense but possibly killing one of her members in a long and drawn out, not to mention painful way was unacceptable. Clenching her jaw she raised up her cranium to meet Maksim's eyes, "I've declared war on them, when I return we will be preparing for an ambush."