(See All?) Announcements
636 Users Online
Bing, Isla

Begin
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Siki who has 47 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ziigwan Wanishin

Perhaps this would be more than just conversation, perhaps this could be what birthing alliances could look like. If Alphinaud was as well traveled as he claimed - and from the medley of scents on his pelt, Ziigwan did not doubt him - then he was probably more worldly wise than the four-years-older wolf. Ziigwan began to internally debate the merits of introducing this pleasant creature to Miskwaa, for three was better than two, and he trusted her judgement implicitly. If she decided that Alphinaud was worth making a friend out of, then Ziigwan would not hesitate to support that. This whole making-new-friends thing was never something he had gotten very far with, though it came with little effort once he was able to push past his hostile instincts. Just how much of himself had been suppressed by those years in that tundra?

When asked of his plans, Ziigwan gave a soft snort and said, "I'm not planning anything further than waking up tomorrow morning." In truth, he had thought of exploring further, though in which direction he didn't know. That decision would be left to Miskwaa, whose lead he had already followed here; he saw no reason to stop now.

"Fortunately, yes," he said, regarding his lost family. Dear friend, the white beast had said - was it common for loners to affect each other with such warm familiarity so soon? When relationships were fleeting, why not exaggerate their meaning? It was that or give nothing purpose. Ziigwan found that he did not mind the affection. "I found her in this field, after tracking her for... it felt like all of spring."

Alphinaud was certainly a daydreamer with his pretty visions of life. Yes, it could definitely have been him once upon a time, but no matter what the young wolf said it was almost certainly too late; Ziigwan's adventure came with a bitter taste in his mouth, came with guilt and selfishness. You couldn't just up and leave at his age, so established, so relied upon. Ziigwan and Miskwaa would do the best they could with the situation they had, it was true, but it was Miskwaa who would thrive, and her uncle would just do his best to keep up.

"You're travelling alone, then? No family, no mate?" he asked, finding himself so curious as to Alphinaud's circumstances, wanting to find where their parallels ended.

Played by Xiaoge who has 55 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alphinaud Lothaire
So Ziigwan was not a planner. He could appreciate that, especially because Alphinaud himself exactly the opposite. This journey, days before he had left home he had images, scenarios in the amount that could fill the entire sky, all in his head about what would and could happen to him. It was a weird skill that sometimes still overwhelmed him with visuals he did not expect. Gave him options and ways he had not seen before. But because of this he could not impulsively act like Ziigwan did. He had tried and it went horribly wrong. His head needed the system of a sky filled with patterns and figures that were pre-made plans. Without them he didn't have any overlook on the situations, his life. No, he could not live that way and that was why he sometimes needed his other side of the coin.

Phin nodded as he spoke. 'I'm glad to hear you found your niece. The time it might took you to find her only made your reunion a bigger event. She is doing fine, I suppose.' For the first time in their conversation Alphinaud looked around, over the broad field of flowers. Yet spotted no other wolf in sight. 'She is not here, I see. That is unfortunate, I think I would be delighted to meet someone from your family if they are similar to you.' Which was true, Ziigwan was good company. It had been a while since he had spoke with someone with the familiarity they shared. It may be the fact they were both loners, rogues far from homes and family. Somewhat deprived of their social needs not only in mates but also in friends, acquaintances. They were strangers but sometimes that made the expectation bar lower. Because they could not judge each other too harshly, they after all, just met. 'I left my family behind, I'm afraid.' And Phin smiled, it was crooked but his eyes shone with hidden sadness and slight homesickness. 'I have one sister who was my littermate and my mother. Our dad died early when he got too reckless in hunting. Fortunately my mother is a strong woman and raise us well. Somewhere along the way we met a few other wolves and formed a pack. Mostly guys so I'm afraid I was never honoured with a female companion other than my mother or sister. My leave was of own accord, I was not unhappy or unsatisfied with my live with them but I am selfish and sought for more.' Phin sighed but shrugged the slightly heavy feeling that had formed in his chest away. 'I just thank the moon I could leave without having to worry over their wellbeing.'
Inactive No Rank
Ziigwan Wanishin

If Ziigwan had known what Alphinaud thought of his supposed impulsiveness, then he would have laughed. While it was true that he had never been a plan-maker, it had always been because there was rarely a need to; when his future was certain (and any attempts to change it were shot down), it was easier to fall into ritual and habit. Leaving that behind had been the scariest thing he had ever done.

When Alphinaud spoke of Miskwaa, looking around to see if she was present, Ziigwan shook his head. "She's scouting further today, I don't expect her back until sundown. We spend most of our time mapping this place out." A week into it, he was starting to get a good mental picture of his surroundings, place some names and feel out where the packs lived. If Alphinaud wanted to meet Miskwaa, that was her choice; he would mention the white wolf to her tonight, and if they crossed paths again, he would be content to introduce them. If Miskwaa had been more vulnerable his distrust towards strangers would have taken over, but she was capable of looking after herself and making her own judgements.

At that point the white beast started to explain his circumstances, and Ziigwan learned that their similarities were not so complete, save for the mention of being unsatisfied and driven by selfishness. His ears flicked back in discomfort at that, though it was not in criticism of Alphinaud, merely at the vocalisation of his own feelings. "I just thank the moon I could leave without having to worry over their wellbeing." "You should," Ziigwan said softly, averting his gaze to look out over the horizon, expression carefully neutral. "It's very difficult knowing you abandoned those who need you."

He had had his own female companion, as Alphinaud put it, and she had needed him. They had all needed him. He had left his little grand adventure too late to pretend it was just about him.

Played by Xiaoge who has 55 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alphinaud Lothaire
@Ziigwan Feel free to continue or leave ^-^

[--]

Alphinaud nodded when Ziigwan gave him the explanation for his gone niece. He too, should be scouting very soon. After all he had not been here for long and he already knew the existence of two wolves that kept the field of flowers as their temporary home. And this place had been only the border of a broad land that would soon expand before him. He was sure not all were civil like Ziigwan or himself. It would be wise to look out for problems. Previous pyschos and simply dangerous wolves and beasts alike, he would avoid with a quick run in his white paws. To this point it had gone quite well. Phin wondered if it was smart to stay alone for long. Ziigwan and his precious niece were together, one to watch the others back. One could scout the nearby places, the other could guard or hunt. Yes, he should do some research of the current packs to see if any of them had a spot open for a young wolf like himself.

Phin himself had no idea that his own story brought the other into some kind of memory lane. But the other did not hide the fact that family was a soft spot in the older man’s heart. Phin was too young to actually feel the pain to abandon someone. The mixed guilt, alluring selfish dreams and the anchor of responsibilities. When he had left he just became of age to fend for himself. Going out on his own with a decent survival rate. No, the feelings Ziigwan might feel on this particular topic was something he would not comprehend unless his life would force him to make a similar choice. For now the younger Artic just wished he never would have to bring himself to such a decision. ‘Although I do not know such feelings, I hope you will find peace in this place or beyond.’ He spoke and looked at the sun. ‘It is time for me to travel further. From what you told this place is rather large. I wonder what may lay beyond these flowers. Most likely look for some packs, living alone seems more risky.’ Alphinaud smiled brightly to equal his own fur. ‘It was a pleasure meeting you, Ziigwan. Let’s hope we may meet again. Unless you feel like travelling with me of course.’ Phin waited for a moment for the other’s reaction before he gave a respectful nod of his head and headed off. Pumped to meet more strangers and ready to face the possible difficulties.
Inactive No Rank
Ziigwan Wanishin
I think it's a natural place to end it. Thanks for the thread! :D Once you've finished your one with Miskwaa we could totally get another one, maybe with all 3 of us?

Assuming you have one more post, I'll reply once before archiving it <3

Alphinaud's quiet understanding, while unnecessary, was appreciated. Ziigwan wasn't looking for pity or sympathy, he had merely been stating his situation as fact, and no kind words from a stranger would fix anything. The older wolf was mostly grateful that he wasn't questioned about it, something that he feared the moment he let the words, rich with suppressed emotion, out of his mouth. Indeed, the white wolf even went so far as to bringing a close to their meeting. Whether that was to escape Ziigwan's self-pity didn't matter; the grey beast saw it as a strange kind of respect regardless. You had to know when to give somebody else space.

Or perhaps Alphinaud genuinely didn't want to linger, and it had nothing to do with Ziigwan and he self-absorption at all! "It was a pleasure meeting you." "And you," he returned, inclining his head, finding the sentiment to actually be rather honest. "I should stay here, though perhaps, if my niece desires it, we could travel together. If we cross paths again, it may be so."

"Though my knowledge is lacking yet, I can tell you that there is a pack close to the mountain who are reportedly charitable to loners - Fallen Tree Cove. There is another in the willow forest to the north, though I haven't met them. Just watch out for porcupines if you head that way," he said, and snorted lightly at the private joke.

"Safe travels... friend."