(See All?) Announcements
582 Users Online
Bing, Google

one-girl revolution — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

Disappointment could be seen in the eyes of the woman, and really Namid couldn’t blame her. If one really loved their family as she had, they really never stopped looking for them. Even the Queen of the Lake, during her travels about, sometimes kept an eye out for the movement of a familiar pelt that seemed to always be etched in her mind. Her family was never really forgotten in her mind, they would live on in the one she was forming now. The one that she would protect like she hadn’t her parents and siblings, protect with her life if needed.

The next expression that crossed the face of Dezzy was of shock and slight confusion, maybe even discomfort. Namid tilted her head to the side in curiosity, wondering why she had reacted so. Surely her reply wasn’t that alarming, she felt she had worded everything correctly and even hoped that she had. She replied with somewhat shock, expressing that her offer sounded really good to her, but she seemed to think that she could provide no service to them. She said she wasn’t a hunter of big game, but one could be surprised what they could do in the presence of an entire pack to back them up. Regardless, she could still catch small prey to fill their catches and their bellies. Small prey was better than nothing, something she had learned harshly during the winter. There was something that she left off at the end of her sentence, something that she didn’t quite know and something that obviously made her feel uncomfortable. Not one to pry she decided to let it be, for it her friend wanted to say it herself she would. She also expressed that she was good with young, having taken care of her brothers in their youth. This did peak her interest somewhat, but even with their conversation going well she would need further information and time with the woman before she’d be allowed private time with the youth’s.

Dezzy lowered herself, her posture showing fear at what her reaction could be. A small frown marred her maw at this reaction and she shook her head to her gently, “Please, do not be afraid of me. I will not bite your head off, your offers, no matter how meager they seem to be to you, are perfectly fine offers. They show you are willing to pull your weight. No wolf can take down big prey on their own, and sometimes not even with three grown wolves. You may not be able to do that now, but with a pack behind you, you would be surprised what you could do. You may not even have to attack the animal, just herd it into our waiting lines. Herders are just as if not more important than the hunters. As for the young, time will have to tell. You seem to be a very respectable woman, but what kind of mother would I be if I let my children alone with someone I hardly knew? I do not say no to that, but I do say that I will keep it strongly in mind. If, that is, you would like to join us?” She finished, and half learned forward in excited anticipation for the answer. A friendly smile pulled across her gentle features and her tail pulled a slight wag. Please, please say yes. she thought to herself.

(This post was last modified: May 06, 2015, 01:12 AM by Namid.)
[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Played by Ace who has 200 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
"Heh, no offense, ma'am, but I nearly had my head taken clean off my shoulders for offering another mother-to-be help."  Of course, she was also trespassing over marked borders, but the voice in the back of her mind insisted that aid was more important, and would be rewarded later.  Last time she listened to that sort of advice, certainly.  "Just, you know, skittish.  Can't help it."  And this, Desideria realized, was horribly out of character for herself – would her brothers even recognize her, all but laying upon the wet sand before an alpha?  It was amazing what months alone could do to a wolf, how powerful the gnaw of hunger could be.  Some of her spirit had been worn away, replaced only by wariness and suspicion.

For this reason, she could not blame Namid for her caution regarding her future children.  If their positions were reversed, she rather imagined she'd do much the same.  After a moment, she cleared her throat, aware she might have to clarify.  Slowly, carefully, she returned to her full height (though it was not much, she was well aware).  "I--  Mhm, I can hunt, have no problem with it.  Usually catch birds or squirrels, on my own.  We just never…did hunt large game, my family.  We lived far from here, where it was dry, very dry.  Nothing large lived there."  Which was why the flash flood came as such a surprise, she reasoned, though the crash of the storm should have alerted them that the gentle trickle might transform into a roaring monster.  Alas.

Shifting on her paws, she considered the offer carefully, before speaking again.  "I think--  I think that I would like that.  But I need to go north first.  I need to look for Rico and Nico – I'm not sure what kind of sister I'd be if I didn't.  And once I find them…or determine they didn't come to this forest, I'll be back, if you'll still have me then.  I just, I need to know, if they're here."

I need them to know they weren't abandoned.

LuDa-Stock & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
(This post was last modified: May 06, 2015, 02:15 PM by Desideria. Edit Reason: Tags. )
[Image: Desika_zps1xokdkap.png]
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

"Heh, no offense, ma'am, but I nearly had my head taken clean off my shoulders for offering another mother-to-be help." Dezzy explained, and Namid chuckled herself. Ah yes, she knew that feeling all too well. She’d had much the same experience herself, except instead of a mother-to-be it was a mother and her actual cub. Neither had been a pretty picture and one had left Whisper Caverns and Cut Rock River declared enemies. Inside she had reasoned with herself that she had done the right thing, that the packs were destined to have bad blood anyways and that if she hadn’t gone to look after the children something worse than herself could have snatched them up. There were horrible wolves out there, ones that would gladly take a pup for ransom or, even worse, food.

The small tawny woman stammered to clear up the mistake that Namid had made in wording, expressing that she did know how to hunt. Mentally, the pale woman kicked herself for making it sound like she expected her to know next to nothing about hunting. She should have worded herself better, and she hoped that the woman didn’t think Namid thought her a complete nitwit, for that had been far from her intention. "I think--  I think that I would like that.  But I need to go north first.  I need to look for Rico and Nico – I'm not sure what kind of sister I'd be if I didn't.  And once I find them…or determine they didn't come to this forest, I'll be back, if you'll still have me then.  I just, I need to know, if they're here." She said, and the Queen of the Lake found she had no argument. Had she not done the same thing herself before? If anything, she admired Dezzy for her devotion and would support her in whatever she chose. A nod bobbed the queen’s cranium, “Of course, you are welcome to our lands whenever you feel you should come back. Call for me when you return, and I do hope you return with your siblings. We would be more than glad to have them here as well, I will keep a look out for them while you are away. I have been in your paw steps, my friend, and I understand your feelings.” She expressed, a gentle smile and wag of her tail was given to her.

[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Played by Ace who has 200 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Desideria Barreda
"Thank you."

Finally, finally, she wagged her tail in return, ducking her head with a sheepish smile. It almost seemed too good to be true, Namid was so-- So unlike any alpha she'd ever met. So unlike her own mother, even, which was something the older wolf found terribly perplexing. Still, it warmed her innards, if even just in this moment. Perhaps not all strangers meant to bring harm and havoc, she thought, though she was not quite willing to commit to that line of thought just yet. It was safer to be wary and save her skin for another day. After all, she only had one ear left, and she wasn't interested in losing a second to a larger, angrier animal.

Bobbing her head a second time, Desideria felt permitted to take her leave. In fact, she actually felt as though the mother-to-be would be just as friendly when she returned. (If she returned…but then, no matter how she turned it over in her mind, she was having a hard time finding a reason not to. They would help find Rico and Nico. They would help find Rico and Nico. If it meant finding her brothers and keeping them happy and healthy, Des was certain she would give up anything in the name of sisterly love. Anything, even her own freedom.)

"I'll be back. Soon, I think. With two more, if luck is with me." And this time, the smile reached the timber wolf's eyes as she offered her goodbyes. "See you in the future!"

And with that, she turned, retreating from the lake to head northward and continue her search for her wayward siblings. At least, finally, she had a place to return to if things didn't go as she wished.

Exit.

LuDa-Stock & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
[Image: Desika_zps1xokdkap.png]