Bing, Google, Chan

Better the devil you know — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 448 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer
Sköll Archer
BLACK AS NIGHT, BLACK AS COAL

The monarch sat down at his side and Skoll had no choice but to also have a seat. This, he almost dreaded, was going to be a long night. She relayed to him what he had never forgotten from his little history lessons from years ago. He wasn't even sure why he had to know about this particular tidbit before, but he supposed that, now, he knew. He peered down at his sister's crown as she glanced downward. Consciously, he inched his paws beside hers so that they touched. Against the unblemished snow it was easy to see the subtle difference in size, but they were both dark and each digit still remained tipped with dull nails. To Skoll, not much had changed.

An ear angled toward her as he finally realized what she had meant. The bitterness called out to him loud and clear. He gently leaned against her, pressing his jaw to her temple. Her laugh did little to enliven this tangent for him; meanwhile, his heart suddenly felt an ache for his sister to experience parenthood in the way he had - to discover that joy in having a family of her own.

"Maybe one day," he lent, a rare inflection of hope lacing his words. "Until then, you're always welcome to mine. I know Sven loves you so. We both do." His nose wiggled at the end of his muzzle and he stared through the veil of fog as his tail came to drape over hers behind them. "You know I'd give you cubs if I could," this was a poor attempt to bring his own lightheartedness into it all. "Maybe, if only, you were some other princess from far, far away."

i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
i'm doing whatever i can to make the bad things go away
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
He always seemed to know just what to say to cheer her up. She rumbled her appreciation for the offer of his family, her ear turning towards him as he continued. While some might pull away from such a sentiment she merely leaned into his flank with a contented sigh. If he could.

Taking the opportunity to steer away from such depressing topics she stood and bounded a wolf length away, turning with a playful smile she questioned with half lidded eyes, "How far away?" She dared to laugh before turning to vanish between the trees. "Per'aps you should call me... Brangwen? An' what would I call you?" she continued to tease just out of sight, a now familiar scent cutting her off before she could continue.

Morganna turned her nose to the breeze, a contemplative look working its way onto her face. Comparatively the night was still young and she wasn't certain she was ready to return to the confines of her mothers kingdom just yet. Truth be told she was almost tempted to not return at all.

Even here the stench of swine tainted the breeze and curiosity got the better of her. "I wonder what they taste like?" she questioned. It was as more an invitation than a question, but she was also offering him a chance to escape. After all, he might have had plans of his own.
(This post was last modified: Feb 14, 2016, 01:30 AM by Morganna.)
[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Played by Grey who has 448 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer
Sköll Archer
BLACK AS NIGHT, BLACK AS COAL

The fact that she seemed intrigued - recovered from the idea that she couldn't match his and Piety's fortune of having Sven - at least made him smile. "Well away from here," he answered with a gentle lift of his tail. "Beyond the mountains and away from Torbine... Perhaps along the edges of the Great Sea." This concept of having pack lands near water that lapped at the land in waves and changed colors at all hours of sunrise and sunset was all new to Skoll; frankly, he had never even thought about it until now when he had recalled that their mother's birthplace was cradled between the ocean and an expanse of towering mountains.

"Samuel, maybe," came his reply when she had asked what she ought to call him. Between the names "Skoll" and "Asriel," it seemed a likely "in-between" namesake that made him sound as noble and and daring as his older brother, yet still the same with keeping that serpentine "Sss" sound at the front of it.

He had started to watch her move about in the dark, a silhouette against the other shadowy things in the night. A large black paw rose up to take a step as he unfolded his hind limbs beneath him and stood up tall, his neck stretched forward to sniff out for himself what his sister was sensing. Skoll came up to stand at her shoulder again and he, too, had turned his nose to the wind as it nipped at his nostrils. "Terrible, I would think," he assumed, giving her a half-grin. This was how he subtly tried to dissuade her from doing anything precarious or risky on her own. "Obviously smells dirtier than deer. Perhaps we should go?" He gestured with a dip of muzzle towards a direction opposite of where the wind was blowing from. "We can walk beside the Heights like we used to before, go where no one can find us for just a little while."

i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
i'm doing whatever i can to make the bad things go away
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
Morganna allowed her eyes to drift closed, a humouring smile on her face as he described some far off land she would never have the chance to see as long as she remained chained to her mothers sad old willows. She could almost taste the salt in the air. Her eyes cracked open again when he offered up his own pretend name, Samuel. She tucked it away, close to her heart. It could be their little secret. Feeling rather than seeing when he came along side she flicked a sideways glance to him as suggested the creatures probably tasted terrible. She supposed wolverines stunk too and she could still remember the way the greasy fur felt in her mouth as she dragged the creature home.

"Yer prob'ly right, I jus' don' like the mess they leave behind themselves." she voiced with the edge of a frown pulling at her lips. They had the potential to devastate the landscape come spring with the way they dug up the earth to eat precious roots. She could see a slim spring on the horizon if they didn't act soon. But @Skoll broke her from dark thoughts with a counter proposal. "Fer a little while." she conceded with a nod, diverting her course to walk at his side.
[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]