(See All?) Announcements
519 Users Online
Google, Bing, Jadon

Oak Tree Bend — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kydnt who has 244 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Spieden Coho
Spieden watched with mild interest as the red-headed female at the border gave her purpose, quickly launching into a list of skills, abilities, and weaknesses. It seemed to be a common thing with pack-seeking loners, and so Spieden could not hold it against her, but it was actually what Spieden cared least about. Whether or not someone was skilled at any particular thing mattered less to her than their willingness to actually roll up their sleeves and get to work. It wasn't her habit to turn wolves in need of a home away for being poor hunters or anything else, rather as long as they always helped out where they could, Spieden was happy. But Naira did have a point, the girl still had time to pick things up as she went along. 

"Cosette," She echoed the nervous female's name, "I'm the leader here, Spieden Coho. Frankly, I don't give a beaver's tail how good you are at anything. All that matters is that you do what needs to be done. I don't care what you do as long as you're not sitting back when there's something to do. You'll pick things up, and learn, of course. That will come with the doing." Spieden gave her small philosophy, watching the lone wolf's features carefully for how she would take it.

"If that sounds well and good to you, then you're welcome to join Oak Tree Bend."
Played by Lucy27 who has 6 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cosette
Cosette couldn't believe her ears. She could join the pack. Finally she could have a home. Somewhere she could belong. She lifted her head and looked at the wolf. She was still crouched to the ground but was not as low. "Yes, I would love to join your pack. I will help however I can when there is something to do." she said to the alpha wolf who she now knew as Spieden.

A new thought crossed her mind. She had no idea how be part of a pack. She lowered her ears and looked nerves once again. She didn't know what she was suppose to do or act towards the other wolves. She supposed she should be honest and tell them. "I don't actually know much about how a pack works." She lowered her head and looked at her paws once again. "Maybe you could explain what I need to do and things like that." She really didn't wont to be anymore of a bother to then she had all ready been, but she didn't want to join their pack only to mess up and be kicked out. She felt awful about not knowing and was worried they would see her as being a wast of time.
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
Naira had been about to turn and leave when the girl spoke up again, her words coming through clearer with her head turned so it struck her left ear only. A well defined brow arched as she turned back to the girl and considered just what sort of life this child may have lived before. "Its not terribly hard child. What do you like doing? There are caches to check and fill, borders to be marked, hunts to participate in regardless of your chosen role you will do a bit of everything. If you wish to learn about plants, I can teach you once the snows melt or there are scouts and guardians to show you the ropes." she felt a need to spare @Spieden this burden, after all she had done her part now and she tried to convey as much with a tilt of her head I can take it from here, go rest.

"Come now and walk with me. Tell me about your life, just stay on this side." she motioned to her left flank as she turned back towards the heart of their territory, her demeanour entirely more relaxed now that Spieden had had her say. Perhaps this one would be a little more work than she had anticipated but she had put in a good word for the younger wolf so she would do the work to make sure they found the best fit possible for the girl.
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Played by Lucy27 who has 6 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cosette
Cosette felt bad about asking how a wolf pack works. She was a little nervous about following the first wolf, who she had yet to learn its name. She followed the wolf and stayed on its left side. She tolled the wolf about her life. "I was born to a pack far from here. My mother was the omega and my father was a lone wolf. I've never meet him. My mother wasn't liked very much because of me and my father. All the other wolves were mean to us." she looked at the ground as she remembered her early years. "My mother was an old wolf. For as long as I can remember she was very sick." A lump formed in her throat as she continued. "A few months ago she died." She stayed silent for several moments. " My mother used to tell me of a place where wolves were kind. A Place I could have a chance." She closed her eyes as she remembered her mothers words. "She tolled me that when I was old enough she would take me there. That we would have a home." She found it hard to breath now. "But she never got a chance to."
Played by Kydnt who has 244 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Spieden Coho
Spieden was taken aback when the newest member revealed she had no idea how pack life worked. She snorted sharply, she wasn't much of a teacher and wasn't really sure where to start, but thankfully Naira stepped in to take Cosette under her wing for the night. Spieden had thought that like how fish knew how to swim, and birds knew how to fly, that a wolf would understand how to live in a pack. At the very least the girl seemed to have her manners in submission down pat and wasn't an outright barbarian, but needed more help in the finer points. It did seem to explain the lack of howl from the girl to alert them she was waiting, perhaps she didn't know what the proper protocol of a border was. 

"I'll leave you two to it then. Of course, if you need anything else, you can ask me or Drestig, the other leader." She informed the young female. As they all turned back towards the territory Spieden branched away, making her own way back to the den and trying to not eavesdrop too closely as the voices faded behind her. She did not know a single wolf who'd lived a life free of pain, free of loss, and Cosette was no exception. 

{Spieden Exit}
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
She was a little taken aback by the young wolfs dismissal of their leader, an apologetic raised brow conveying that she would help to knock the girl into shape. He nodded along as the girl began to natter again, intending to take her on a casual round of the borders to show her the ropes before heading to a cache.

It was going to be a long day yet.

{end}
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]