(See All?) Announcements
458 Users Online
Nia, Bing, Google

Lightning bolt a glowin', I can see where I'm goin' — Stonewatch Timbers 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Emma who has 116 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Noble Lagina
In the north a spring-borne thunderstorm has ignited the ancient giants that make up Stonewatch Timbers. The air fills with smoke and everywhere the ground has been scorched. Get out before it's too late!

Noble had been here for much too long. The days had stretched into weeks and then into months as the girl wandered amongst the dark pines. She had an abysmal sense of direction and could easily spent an entire week weaving a large figure-eight across the landscape, completely oblivious to the fact. She simply didn't know which direction to go; every way looked the same to her. The hills rose and fell into one another at random. There was no pattern to this place and Noble was as helplessly lost as she'd been back in December. Worse yet, the great pine trees had a nasty habit of hiding her northern star.

The night of the storm found her spying through the boughs, trying to catch sight of the star. It was there. She could see it's glimmer and she called out softly to it. A forlorn little howl in a god-forsaken place, the sound nearly lost in the distant boom of lightning bolts. The storm meant nothing to her. It would come and go, Noble planned to sleep right through it. She fell asleep under the star's weak glow, unaware of what the lightning was igniting miles away.

It was not the dampness of rain or the frenetic cry of birds that woke her. It was the thick, curling smoke that finally choked her into alertness. She sprang awoke to a morning cloudy with the strangest fog and a warmth that didn't come from above. Something was different. Her dark nose twitched to investigate, then sneezed violently. Something was wrong.

Something dangerous.

Half running away and half running towards, she made it to the top of the nearest hill and squinted in the distance. Between dark pines and around curving hills was a steady glow. It was climbing trees and slinking along branches, methodically inching closer. Noble felt her hackles rise watching it and she inched backwards.

[Image: ROWtwloha2015-btd.png]
Played by Maeby who has 59 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ
(Ooc: Hope you don't mind me dropping in! @Noble )

Thunderstorms had never once bothered Mahle. She was raised with the belief that rain had a cleansing power to it. Standing out in a storm for just a few moments could wash away any negative energy lingering on your pelt. The ex-princess recalled time's when she'd have to try her best to comfort her youngest brother from them, he was always terrified. 'Fearing something so beautiful, oh Faas. I wonder how you're doing now. Hopefully you've conquered those silly phobia's.' She wanted to reminisce in the past for a bit longer, but something strange caught her attention.

With a single crack of lightning came the immense smell of smoke.The perfume singed her nostrils almost instantly, giving the girl the feeling that she was no longer safe. 'W-what's this?' The tawny female swiftly turned around to inspect her surroundings, dread ablaze in her olive green eyes. What lied before her was less than miraculous, there was fire. 'No.' Gasping, she began to sprint as fast as she could away from the tragedy. 'I can't die here!' How much did she have to to go through before finally proving that she deserved to be alive? "Why are you doing this to me?!" Enraged, the former princess couldn't help but to lash out at her deities. What had she done to them to deserve all of this?

After running for what felt like eons, Mahle could see the form of what might of been another wolf in the near distance. Not quite sure they were safe and sound from the natural disaster, she called out to them. "Hey! What are you doing?! Run! We have to get as far away from here as we can or we're both in trouble!"

(This post was last modified: Apr 19, 2015, 05:38 AM by Mahle.)
I'm a mountain that has been moved,
I'm a fugitive that has no legs to run.
I'm a preacher with no pulpit,
Spewing a sermon that goes on and on.
Inactive No Rank
Noble Lagina
@Mahle!

The air was thick with smoke. Chalky shadows floated through the forest like fog and the smell was a strange mixture of aromatic evergreen needles and the stink of bitter ash. Dry nostrils flared a couple times; part alarm and part distaste. Her eyes were wide as she watched. Noble had never seen fire before and shifted uneasily at the smoke and random pop of flames. But, then again, nearly everything unfamiliar made her uneasy. It was moving so slow that the dark girl told herself she had time, it was all fine still.

Minutes slipped by, enough time for her to grow used to the noise and the scent to dull in her nose. It was actually fascinating, mesmerizing in a way that didn't alarm Noble nearly enough. It was almost alive in the way that it crept along. And the color of it! Everything was dark and dingy these days, but here was this vibrant, happy color. It wasn't until Noble slunk closer for a better look that she felt the warmth against her face. She couldn't leave. After a winter of freezing cold hell? Nope, there was no leaving now.

The edge of fire grew closer to her small hill. Small sparks flew and a curl of acrid smoke lifted into her nostrils. She jerked back and a looked down, a little perturbed now. There was a small bit of worry at it's nearest and Noble scampered to safety on the nearest incline. Seated again, Noble watched the flame march closer and edged her sooty feet away. Dark ears fell lower with every inch it gained, until they were flat to her skull and her hackles had lifted clear from her spine.

It was loud enough now -when had that happened?- that she couldn't hear Mahle's shouts. When the agouti girl appeared Noble spun in complete surprise and stared. Even when Mahle shouted for her to run, Noble stared; flicking her gaze south-ward through the solid wall of fire only once. She couldn't run away! Not when that the direction she had to search in! "I can't!" She cried back. Dread was enough to overpower her usual wariness and Noble raced toward the other. "How do I get around it?"

Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ

Mahle couldn't possibly comprehend what next left the murky yearlings mouth, was she insane?! 'Get AROUND it?' She stopped, utterly astonished by the female's seeming stupidity. "You.. You can't! Not right now girl! We have to flee!" Giving her head a quick shake from the confusion the wolf had caused, she trotted over to her side. "Look now, it's dangerous here!"

It wasn't completely implausible to  believe the young wolf had been out of her mind, but Mahle was an understanding soul. It suddenly hit her that there might of been something of importance beyond the fire for the lady. 'It'd have to be pretty damn important to risk your life over.' She sighed, how would the traveler convince her company to make an escape with her, and fast? "Look, I'm sure you'd much rather do it your way but.. I've seen a natural disaster such as this before, and I've seen it kill." not completely false. Hopefully the cheap attempt at a scare tactic would persuade the she-wolf, though the plan wasn't most promising. She'd need a back up.

"I'll tell you what. Leave with me, and I promise you I'll see you get around this fire one way or another." She wasn't sure how that would be managed, but it was important now she got the both of them to safety. "I can scry.. I'm somewhat of a fortune teller, an Oracle if you will." And it was a good thing, there was no way a wolf as weak as her would be of any help otherwise. "So please.. Let's get out of here!"

Inactive No Rank
Noble Lagina
@Mahle lol i keep imaging that forest-fire scene from Bambi

Now she could recognize the danger, but the extent was still beyond comprehension. Mahle tried to explain it and the dark girl shook her head roughly, eyes still locked southward. It was the only direction she hadn't searched. Mahle trotted to her side to try to help and Noble shied away. Home had to be in that direction. No. Her head shook in response. Her eyes rolled in fear at the red-hot flames and her ears pressed flat to block out the pop of burning branches. Noble stood her ground and scanned for a way through the fire, still not understanding how serious the situation had become.

I've seen it kill. That, she understood. Noble had left the ravine during winter because the she would have starved there. She had (stupidly) thought winter was the only natural disaster with that kind of power. Noble felt stupid and powerless as she watched the approaching fire for a second longer before scrambling back. She had to, she had to live more than she had to make it home. Still, it was hard to race away with Mahle and admit that all her progress had been for nothing. She didn't know what a scry was and didn't know if she could believe this wolf enough to accept an explanation, but Noble was ready to follow her.

Noble took another step away and turned to look back at Mahle just as a tree came down, ash spewing and flames streaming. Without a word Noble started to run, but she had waited too long and the forest was aflame around her. "Which way is out?" She shouted to Mahle, feeling her throat catch on the thick air.

Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ
Awww!!! Now I'm sad ;^;

Scorching embers inched their way closer to the pair of females and Mahle knew they were most positively in real trouble. The good news was her company now being on board with her plan to escape, the bad news was they had waited too long and she could no longer see much of an exit. Smoke engulfed the yearlings lungs and she was finding it difficult to breathe, perhaps even on the verge of passing out. 'The spirits..' almost wheezing now, the traveler continued on with squinted eyes. 'They'll have to try harder, if they want me dead.'

"Hey.." When she spoke she wasn't looking directly the wolf, but into the flames surrounding them. "Stay close, and be careful while I figure this out.." Out of the few thing's Mahle had learned on her journey, not being able to think under pressure definitely stuck out. There had to be somewhere they could run to for safety, she just wasn't looking hard enough. 'Come on Mahle.. You've gotta pull through on this..'

It was chance that she spotted the narrow escape just a bit to her north, but even so she wasn't quite sure they'd both make it. "Follow me!" the tawny girl wasted no more time breaking into a sprint toward her last hope, she'd just have to prey the stranger caught on. "Hurry! As fast as you can, run!" She wanted to look back, ensure her company was by her side. Unfortunately she hadn't the time for that, and in the long run she didn't know this girl even a bit. Her own life was top priority.

'Please.. Let us make it!"

(This post was last modified: May 12, 2015, 12:02 AM by Mahle.)
Inactive No Rank
Noble Lagina

They raced together under the snap of burning boughs and across a ground thick with hot ash.

The other had said something, a quiet demand, and Noble had drawn close even though she trembled to do so. Not a single second let her forget this wolf was a stranger. She was a complete and utter stranger, just like those that had antagonized and pushed her around all winter. But, Noble had no choice. The two fears were both beating down on her and it was the flaming forest that eventually won out. Noble was a dark, sooty shadow at Mahle's side. Hopefully this stranger wolf could get her out of this, hopefully they wouldn't turn on her the second they were free of this.

Follow me, Mahle instructed and Noble had no hesitation in obeying. It was either that or stay here and burn. Her parents would have to forgive her, but Noble raced toward the escape and in the opposite direction of them. Ahead of them a narrow window was closing, burning trees collapsing and falling over each other to block the way. She watched the other woman approach the closing escape, gulped and turned her eyes down from the nerve-wracking sight. They had to made it through, they had to make it through. Noble's eyes were still cast to the ground, fearing the sight of the fiery exit collapsing down on either, and reached the exit herself without realizing it.

Her body hurtled through just in time and Noble yelped as a burning point drew along her back. The scent of singed hair mingled in the air, but she was still moving, whining softly to herself as the pair moved into increasingly unburnt parts of the forest.

Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ
Side note, It's not really certain whether or not Mahle's scrying ability is real or if she's just crazy XD. I noticed the thread you have after this one takes place in Windsong Fjord, mind if Mahle's the one who sends her off in that direction? :O

'I'm safe' she gasped, slowing down from her sprint. Reality was setting in as she remembered the stranger who was supposed to follow, and fear struck her insides. 'Are we both safe..?' she whimpered, slowly turning to face what could of been harsh truth. 'D-did we both..?' Mahle prepared for the worst, and forced herself to scan the area behind her. To her pleasure the raven female was just inches away, and aside from a few scorched hairs, she seemed well. Exhaling, the traveler thought of what to say.

"I'm sorry about the fire, It seems as if your travels have been temporarily obstructed. I know how stressful that can be.." the truth, she'd experienced nothing less the past couple of months. "If it console's you any, I believe everything happens for a reason." Speaking from her own understanding, Mahle suffered through a lot of the same to be granted her scrying ability. "You'll be rewarded." she sat, allowing her body to rest after the traumatic experience.

Faintly recalling that she'd promised to help the wolf find her way, Mahle briefly glanced through her surrounding for a source of water. 'I'm not familiar with this area, but there should be a river around here somewhere.' she closed her eyes, well aware of the fact that she was trying to do too much for someone who'd just escaped a fire. 'I just wish I had more time to collect myself, though I'm sure this girl's in a hurry. She didn't want to leave the fire in the first place.' peeking up at the inky she-wolf, the former princess cleared her throat. "All that aside, how are you feeling?"

(This post was last modified: May 31, 2015, 08:35 PM by Mahle.)
Inactive No Rank
Noble Lagina
@Mahle sending her that way would be great! expect a PM soon regarding... plot things... xD You can archive with your next post

Her shoulder tingled where the burning tree had singed it. It felt like the black hairs had melted together and, oh, did it stink. Every step Noble took she purposely rolled her shoulder in an attempt to work the feeling out. While didn't seem a serious injury (so far it didn't even hurt), it certainly was distracting and a reminder she'd rather lose.

Obediently, and with nothing else to do now, she followed after Mahle. They were still too close to the fire to actually stop, but Noble took every opportunity to rub against scorched trees and brushes. Each scraping pass further cemented her bedraggled appearance, but Noble didn't much care. Black ears flicked as the other woman spoke, pausing in her efforts to hear each word. Noble pulled away from a shrub and turned to face Mahle. There was only one thing she could hope for as reward and the dark girl found herself wanting to believe in the idealist notion of karma. Anything that might return her home was worth believing in.

From her sharp attention it should have been clear that Noble was very interested in a reward. Her gaze drifted with Mahle's, not sure what she was searching for, but trying to help all the same. There was very little in this area beyond the gently sloping hills with the streams that twined at their bases. A low trickle drifted to her ears and Noble suddenly remembered her parched throat and the ash that clogged her nostrils. Her head tilted to Mahle in invitation and started to the closest source of water.

Noble was sore and exhausted; her pelt was a singed mess hanging from a gaunt form. She felt terrible, but when Mahle asked Noble only glanced up from the clear water and answered in a fire-rasped voice, "Lost... I feel lost."

Inactive No Rank
Mahle psyxḗ

With a body still quite traumatized from the natural disaster that had dropped anchor only moments prior, it was to no shock that Mahle's senses were a little mismanaged. The traveler could hear the distant trickle of water, but only after the yearling invited her along to it. Frustrated, she made haste with a small prayer to her patron god's for a speedy recovery.  Danger was inevitable to her lifestyle, therefor making senses of top importance, especially when involving sound. With a sigh, she handed her remaining trust to the almighty spirits. 'Please; Don't let me down again..'

Mahle was overcome with joy as the two reached their source of water. Not only would this be the first time she experimented with divination on someone other than herself, but for Gods sake's was she parched. Taking advantage of the opportunity, the traveler didn't hesitate to quench her thirst before listening to her company. Frowning at the young female's words, the traveler got to work with her scrying. "Then I ought to fix that, ey?" smiling, she allowed her body to enter the inevitable trance it'd take to predict her future.

The former-princess's heart grew heavy as her visions took sight. Regrettably, she gained knowledge that it'd be a while before the raven-pelted lass found her way to anywhere of importance. She saw tree's, and lots of them. Mountains, coldness, and a wind that would eerily sing it's song for hours. Confusion, heavy truths, sorrow, and oddly enough the scent of another.. 'What does this.. Mean?' gasping, she was able to snap herself back into reality. Trying to mask her sorrow with a stern face, she made eye contact with the youthful soul. "You must go east, it appears you will meet a stranger. Whilst it's not ideally what you want, it's what you'll need. There's importance in my visions girl, and I wish you the best of luck on your way.." bowing her head, Mahle began to trot astray from the girl, indicating it was due time she'd take her leave.

"By the by, My names Mahle. I'll be traveling southeast of here. If you ever find you need help, don't hesitate to seek me out dear." taking her trot to a sprint, the traveler soon vanished from Stonewatch Timbers.