742 Users Online
Bing, Google

still waters run deep — Red Fern Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Darrah Tainn
One more round then we can archive? :)

Not a bird ey? Had the animal not otherwise been so peculiar, Darrah might of found himself disappointed. Not to be taken as offensive, but the breed sounded...well, quite hideous? A fleshy being with hair only upon it's head? Gross! "I'm not so sure I'd ever like to encounter this...man.." The whole thing still sounded like a gigantic fib to him. He'd have to remember this tale, it'd definitely make for a great conversation starter one day.

"They can manipulate the elements?" what a terrifying thought! The boy shivered just imagining such a scenario. "They can use fire to their advantage? Fire alone is dangerous! Are you sure they don't pose a huge threat for us? They're close too.. Only south from here huh? Oh man.." slowing his once hast pace, the prince wondered if he should inform his father of such hazards. Had the species gotten the wrong idea.. Couldn't they seek his pelt to wear upon their backs?  Veho was truly a brave and noble hero for living amongst them. "Great roaring beasts and fire water... What do the beasts look like?"

Even though it only felt like they'd been walking a brief period of time, Darrah could hear the slight trickling of water in the distance. "Oh! Seems like we're close!" Smiling, the young Tainn trotted toward the location. It pleased the prince to know he'd helped someone in need today, and even learned a thing or two in the process. Though he couldn't help but wonder what would happen next, where did Veho plan on venturing out to after this?

One king, One crown.

Darrah Tainn

At some point,

I started looking at the ground more than the sky

It’s hard even to breathe.
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo
Sounds fine with me!
"They aren't so bad," Veho replied, displeased to have described his former companions in such a bad light. It was for the best that the yearling understand that they weren't holy, wonderful things, however. For every one he knew and trusted on their reservation, their were dozens more outside of there, with black motives and no scruples. "The pack we lived in harmony with was very good to us. They understood the world around them – did not play with the firesticks or try to take what wasn't theirs. But they were forced from their grounds by a larger pack, made of white wolves and their lightning and roaring beasts, and as my pack dispersed, so did theirs."

It was the circle of life, the gray wolf thought sadly, that he might never see his kith or kin again.

"The roaring beasts are very dangerous – they will trample you like a stampede of buffalo. Very loud, with eyes as bright as the sun! And their hide is so thick, you cannot fight them. If you ever see one, you must run. They do not always listen to their human masters."

Technophobia would keep a wolf alive, even if he did not understand the what or how of humans and their creatures. Humming softly, his ears pricked when the black wolf announced they were nearing their destination. As he wriggled his nose, he realized his companion was correct – soon he could hear the trickle of water. Soon enough they were upon it, and Veho fell into silence as he bent his head in thanks before lapping up as much as his belly could hold. Only then did he glance back up to breath. "Is there anything else I can do for you, friend? You have done me a great service."

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Darrah Tainn

The Tainn furrowed his brow in frustration. The situation just didn't sound very fair! "I bet you miss them.." he frowned. "I can't even imagine something like that happening to me." even if humans sounded a bit frightening to the prince, family was family. If a situation like that ever came upon him, he'd be devastated for quite a long time. 'He's a strong wolf...'

He listened further as Veho described the 'beasts', and even though he thought it not possible, found himself even more afraid of them than 'man'. "One creature, as strong as a whole herd of buffalo?" Darrah wasn't a religious boy, but he'd sure pray to never encounter one of those bad boys. "Thank you for sharing your knowledge, I'll be sure to inform anyone I know of this possible threat.." he was skeptical, but wasn't oblivious to the saying 'better safe than sorry'. His friends in family needed to be aware that they couldn't fight the monsters, and needed to flee as soon as one came in their sights.

Darrah watched as his company lapped up an abundance of water, and felt remorseful for not getting him there sooner. 'Sure is thirsty..' he sighed. "Nope, nothing else you can do! You've given me the gift of important knowledge. Can't really beat that!" The prince loved to learn, even if the subject resembled more or less of a fable than actual fact. "Guess all there's left to do is say goodbye then huh?" It was a sad moment for the boy. Last time he'd met a stranger, they ended up being his first recruit! However, it didn't seem to be heading in that direction this time. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Veho. And I'd be honored to ever be in you're presence again some day." the Tainn lightly bowed.

Allowing a warm smile to play across his face, the Tainn gracefully trotted toward the direction of his home. 'What a great guy!'

One king, One crown.

Darrah Tainn

At some point,

I started looking at the ground more than the sky

It’s hard even to breathe.