(See All?) Announcements
545 Users Online
Bing, Google

GH Journal: 10/15-11/01 — Grizzly Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·

NOTHING VENTURED, NOTHING GAINED

"Ello, 'ello, GH-ers. Welcome to the second half of October's GH Journal. Quite a few things have happened, check it all out!

Please also welcome Oula, Nineva and Kenelm into the family!

A Pack Howl will either be posted late October or early November so the pack can touch base with one (still waiting on some Join threads to finish up). Please continue to keep an eye on your alerts!

For now though, please check out the new RE's, stats, and happenings!

GRIZZLY HOLLOW STATISTICS

• #5 Overall Posts (1693 total; previously at #5 at 1593 total. That's a whole 100 posts over the past two weeks!)
  • #7 Life Points (10695 total; previously #7 at 9710 total)

OPEN/RESERVED/PACK THREADS

RANDOM EVENTS & HAPPENINGS

• The Iridescent Lagoon has turned a strange color.
  • Borden, a curious burrowing owl fledgling won't leave you alone... (I'm unsure if anyone can actually play this out near Borden's tree, but you can try!)
  • Jynx, you have a run-in with an unpleasant beaver.
  • October 22 - First Quarter Half Moon.
  • October 27 - Full Moon.

The Grizzly Hollow Events 2015 thread will be fully updated by next AC, please adjust/cross-check your timelines until then!
Please feel free to comment below to adjust anything Grey might have botched.

A SPECIAL THANK YOU

In case you missed it, on October 12th, 2015, Borden Lyall, the original Leader and Founder of Grizzly Hollow (in both 2011 and 2015) passed away. A call has been put out by Hocus and any are welcome to join: (M) hold on to this lullaby (set within northern Whisper Marsh just a stone's throw away from the edges of Cedarwood Forest). Rook is currently having a break-down (and Veho is attempting to calm him down while Tomen and Jynx look on) but he will be needing any help he can get to give his father a proper burial...

I would also like to take this time to thank each and every one of you for making Grizzly Hollow possible once more and for helping close one of Rook's on-going story arcs. While he did not accomplish in "curing" Borden's dementia/Alzheimer's, he did bring his father "home" to stay and I appreciate you all for writing with him (whether just this year or over the past five years on RoW).

If you would like to have a back-dated thread to close out any of your own story arcs, I am willing to try and keep Borden until late November/December before I finally turn him inactive. In his stead, Veho will now become Rook's second-in-command.

All in all, you're all awesome. Thank you~
-Grey

RECRUITMENT & ROLES

We are still looking to recruit for the winter! Grizzly Hollow is mostly made up of "Good", "Lawful", and "Neutral" characters. Please ensure characters coming into the pack are aligned as such; characters brought to Rook and/or Quil who do not fit alignment-wise will be judged and possibly turned away. We stand for a respect for life, altruism, and a need to maintain strong personal relationships with the whole of the pack - we would like for new pack mates to share this outlook.

0 of 8 male slots and 3 of 8 female slots open in our roster.

Of our members we have:

• Titan - prospective Medic (Healer)
  • Veho - prospective Medic (Healer)/Advisor
  • Rowan - prospective Scout
  • Ryvet - prospective Scout

At present, we are in need of: a Guardian (Sentry or Vigilante). To apply for any of the roles above or of your choice, please refer to the Grizzly Hollow Pack Role Master List.

OTHER NOTES

• Want to recruit? Please howl for Rook or Quil if/when you are at the borders.
  • Absent/Scarce Members: Sarah (Hocus), becuffin (Ryvet), Riley (Rowan).

GRIZZLY HOLLOW SOUNDTRACK

A new section of the Official GH Soundtrack has begun to signify the changing of the seasons and of the hardships to come. Have a song that you think reflects our pack? Please PM Rook.