(See All?) Announcements
521 Users Online
Google, Bing

Surviving Alone is a Tough Business. — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by NickWithAShotgun who has 13 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Shallow Nightfall
Had to post because Activity Check and I have no other thread ideas ;-;

Shallow sighed heavily and looked at the ground. She just couldn't help but wonder exactly how Triell, who seemed extra nice to her, could have such a rude and annoying daughter like Treyah. Lifting her head again, she had a look on hatred at just how terrible of a reception she was getting from everyone. Odd... The Leader's the nice one. That's new to me... 'How about this. I'll leave you're pack alone and go live by myself as I have for more than a year and you lot can all go make some fun, 'kay? Unless, Triell,' She paused to let out a high pitched laugh. 'Unless you can convince me otherwise. But I doubt that.' For now, the grey girl forgot about ever looking for her family; she knew it would be too late to find them now. On the up side, the hate she felt masked her fear of Spectral Woods as the scene kept replaying in her mind over and over. It wouldn't stop until it drove her crazy, it seemed. 'If you don't want to talk here, I'll be out and about. Just try and find me. I dare you, Triell. And this time,' She paused again to turn her back, but still fixed her blue eyes on the Draw's Leader. 'Let's make it a private talk, if you could.' She already knew the other's would protest against it, but she didn't care. 'I mean it. I'll dash away if you aren't alone. This is far too crowded here for me to talk about things to you. One day, we'll discuss. I know it.' Heh. His 'seconds' won't let him follow me for one paw. He won't be chasing me down any time soon. And I just hope things'll work out for me. Even if I have to run more. I'm getting so much exercise, it's a wonder I'm still alive. 'If you don't goddamn mind, you three, I'm trying to be polite. But it's hard when I've just been scared out of my fur and running for what felt like forever. Have some manners would you? You can't expect much from a gal who is next-to useless except for being a whole ton of cheers and laughs, now can you? But anyway. Do we have a deal?' She waited patiently for reactions, mainly for one last amusement from the group before she went. Maybe things would go better next time for her. While they consider their options, I need to think of where I'm going to go next and what I'm going to bring as a 'gift' like that Kerberos was mentioning. I can't hunt to save my own stupid life, so I just have to find something along the way. At this point I'll fake being a skilled hunter just so I can live a bit longer. Maybe Lady Luck's on my side and some kind Coyote will leave food out for me to stumble across. She didn't think about what she would say in response to the responses, for she was already planning ahead.
'So could you... Tell me how you're sleeping easy, How you're only thinking of yourself?'

Dialouge
Thought
OOC

[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
Played by Namara who has 184 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Maera Slayer
Hope you all don't mind! Maera insisted on joining in but if it's a problem I can get the post removed? Guard dem 1/3

The Slayer woman was never too far from the pack borders – she’d been sticking particularly close to the inner works of the territory when her scent started to change. She didn’t feel it was the best idea for anyone if she were to go out there and get lost, not that she would… it was beside the point anyway. Her muddy gaze found the borders, a walk to ease her restlessness of late when she saw the familiar figures, and heard the tail-end of Shallow’s last words. You can expect much from a gal who is next-to useless except for being a whole ton of cheers and laughts, now can you? But anyway. Do we have a deal? Her hackles raised at the comment, her eyes narrowing as her maw drew up to a snarl.

No one talked to Kerb like that… “It’s very bold of you to make demands at our borders, mutt.” She snapped with her tail beginning to lash from side to side. She wondered if this loner would actually make it away from their borders, or if they’d allow her to leave with her life as the annoyance started to fester deep in her bones. She’d blame the hormones, but she knew herself well enough to know part of this was just her.

Her shoulders were already rolled back, just waiting for Triell to give her permission to put this bitch in her place before she said another word edgewise.

(This post was last modified: Apr 16, 2017, 10:38 PM by Maera.)
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Its okay @Shallow it was your turn. @Treyah

Treyah had no qualms speaking her piece. Triell didn't chide her, she had a right to her opinion. He wasn't going to let any wolf in the others would have a problem with. Kerberos and Leotie were in the same agreement she wasn't going about it the right way. Triell was all about giving chances, and hearing a wolf out. Drestig had only joined Oak Tree Bend because his last pack had dispersed.  He had proved to be a hard worker, with a good heart, who had done a lot for the Bend in turn. 

This wolf seemed outraged she was being questioned for having little reason other than wishing for their resources. Well, what did she expect? It wasn't like she had sought them out, she had just happened to find them.

The look of hate that came upon the loner's face, had him narrowing his fiery gaze. That was his family she was looking at. They were being rather nice, considering they were not biting after her this very second. Why in heaven's name would he want to convince her she should stay? She didn't seem to get how this worked. How any of this worked. He let her blabber continue, but his thick hair along his neck bristled. Triell didn't beg for wolves to join his pack. If she could not handle those three why would she want to?

Maera soon found them, and made it clear she wouldn't mind taking a piece of the loner's hide. In all his life he'd never had anyone act like this. She had been rather expecting, and had only proved there was no reason to offer any invitation.

"Polite? Polite was them not chasing you on sight. Polite was me letting you speak for yourself on why we should consider you. A stranger with nothing to give in turn. It doesn't work the other way around. I certainly do not go chasing after senseless wolves to be a part of my pack, my family. If you stumble across any more borders you may remember you are at the pack's mercy. Now I suggest you make yourself scarce or you will be forced to." He let out a huff, then shifted his gaze to the others. Silently signalling, they could make sure she was well away from their territory.
(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2017, 06:06 PM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Guardian dem 3/3
won't you light my lonely way back home?
Treyah Tainn

With each endorsement from the gathered wolves, her chest puffed a little more with pride. She might not have been as out of line as she thought she was. Treyah snorted as the loner began her tirade, the initial statement about leaving the pack alone the only words that possibly made sense. Maera spoke the words that threatened to spill from her own lips, her growl echoing the dark woman's snarl as her father stepped in to intervene. She watched him closely, amber eyes alight, waiting to see what his response might be to veiled threats and insane ramblings, just wishing her mother was here to show this loner who she was messing with.

But it would seem that she wouldn't need her mother in this instance, her father's signal clearly received as she turned to nip at @Kerberos's chest in her excitement, a bounding step taken forward as her head lowered and ears turned back in clear hostility. A growl was all the warning she would offer before her teeth began to click at the air, a promise of what was to come if the loner didn't find her feet quickly or wished to waste more oxygen on needless words. This wolf wasn't welcome here, and Treyah had no qualms in showing her well and truly away from the Draw.

[Image: treyah_by_loccian_love-dc7mu4q.png]
[Image: treyberossig_by_becuffin-dc8ufez.png]
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
not great but wanted to get something up, angry kerby. || guardian demonstration 3/3

He would not take this kind of disrespect from a loner and he sure as hell wouldn't allow anyone else to take it. It was obvious she was outnumbered in strength and opinion. His hackles raised as a dangerous growl rumbled from the second as the loner challenged Triell. Not even the voice of his mate could take his attention away from the gray female. Kerberos likely looked more feral than he ever had. His ears pushed forward, mouth slightly parted to expose his teeth and his face wrinkled with obvious aggression.

As Triell stopped speaking Kerberos felt Treyah nip at his chest. Any other time he would have smiled and offered her a kind nudge. Instead, a low rumble of affection and pride for the young Tainn was emitted as he took a step forward. "I suggest you will keep running and take your uselessness elsewhere. Now." His tail raised in warning, a sign that he was willing to lead forth a chase with those around. Kerberos wasn't about to let this type of scum sulk around his home for any longer. He knew from Treyah's click of teeth that she too was ready to attack. As much as Kerb hated it, he was sure Maera would come with too. Leotie and Triell were up in the air but no matter what it was obvious they were a force to not be messed with.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys
Guardian Dem 3/3

It seemed that this loner hadn't realized where she'd gone wrong, instead it was Leotie and her packmates who were in the wrong.  What made the whole thing worse was she seemed to be trying to make them feel guilty for now accepting her and then to top it all off she wanted to be begged to join them, Leotie scoffed.  Her gaze went to Triell as he spoke informing her of her mistake and telling her she should be glad she hadn't been chased off already. Then the look that he passed to her and the others made it clear that if she didn't go on her own they could chase her off.

Leotie wasn't one for the hostility shown in her packmates and the threats of the situation this loner could soon find herself in.  However, in this instance she felt an anger toward the woman like she hadn't ever felt before. Her tail lashed behind her and hackles raised to show she was just as much of a threat as Treyah and Kerb were. A low growl sounded from her throat as she took a step forward, “Your rudeness will no longer be tolerated so take your leave or we'll gladly teach you some manners,” she threatened as her ears laid back and lip curled.

~Table by Switch
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by NickWithAShotgun who has 13 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Shallow Nightfall
Shallow didn't look over her shoulder. Wasting time would just get her killed. She started to move, building into a run away from the border. I screwed up again! I guess it just doesn't work for me. I'll be stuck as a loner for my life. Actually, that sounds better then dead. It was decided. 'No more. Just trying to get in is making me angry. Her feeling of anger was replaced by a feeling of sadness. 'I've earned some enemies now. Where do I go this time? This place is out of the question, just like Oak Tree Bend's territory. Guess I'll have to take off in a random direction.' 

Allies aren't easy to come across. Just asking to join a group doesn't secure a place. Shallow learned that lesson this time, and she would keep it close to her heart forever. It seemed to come naturally to the grey girl, always making mistakes and getting worked up over it. Surely there was a pack out there for her somewhere, but for now, she would stop trying. Stop asking. When she next comes across a border, she would leave it alone. No calling out. She would have to teach herself how to survive alone. If she could get enough food to last, maybe meet enough wolves, she could make it on her own. Who knows, maybe one pack somewhere needs help, help that she can provide. Until then, she would be alone. Her attempts were over.

Exit
'So could you... Tell me how you're sleeping easy, How you're only thinking of yourself?'

Dialouge
Thought
OOC

[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
Played by Namara who has 184 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Maera Slayer
Guard dem 2/3

It appeared she wasn’t too far off in analyzing the situation – none of them seemed pleased with the loner’s presence at their borders and it only encouraged the Slayer woman further. Her tail lashed as her showed her teeth – aggressive, and perhaps more so than normal… more protective over the wolves who had quickly become family to her. Triell gave his piece and the woman simply watched, her mudslide brown eyes showing all the words she wasn’t saying. Get out or I’ll remove you myself. Kerberos and Leotie both spoke up after that, demanding the rude lone wolf make her leave as well.

She was glad they were all on the same page for this one, much unlike the incident with Z when he showed up at the borders. She still got creepy vibes from him – probably her being paranoid but she always listened to her gut. There was nothing she could do about that now. Shallow instantly darted, making herself scarce as was suggested. “Should we follow her to make sure she gets far away from here?” Maera was spoiling for a fight as she glanced at Triell, waiting for his call. She might not like bowing down to others but she respected the alpha a hell of a lot, and she trusted his judgement.

Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
@Kerberos

The others talking only left the girl pawing the ground in frustation. She was going to get away! Treyah thought she heard the woman mutter something about Oak Tree Bend, the name raising more questions than answers. She looked remarkably intact for someone that might have pissed off her big sister, and if she had run her mouth in a similar fashion, she had no doubt that her sharp tongued sibling might have thought to rip this woman's out. Hell, even she was considering it and she was (mostly) just her mother's daughter in looks... (or so she liked to tell herself).

Maera's question was met with a silent surge from the near-yearling, Yes! she answered wordlessly with a high pitched growl bordering on excitement as she charged after the fleeing wolf. She knew she wasn't skilled enough to cause any real damage (yet), but that didn't mean she would pass up the opportunity to practice! And adding her bulk to the racket of a crashing charge through the snow and over buried bushes could only add fuel to whatever sense was driving the loner further away from the Draw. Once they were clear, she would turn to her companions, steam billowing from parted, panting jaws pulled into a smile despite the way the frigid air burned her lungs, and wordlessly, she would follow them home.
(This post was last modified: May 27, 2017, 10:39 AM by Treyah.)
[Image: treyah_by_loccian_love-dc7mu4q.png]
[Image: treyberossig_by_becuffin-dc8ufez.png]
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
He wasted no time in following after the Tainn girl. He might have had some speed on her but she was a tank still. Not to mention the others that may have followed suit. It was a clear sign that the Draw wasn't going to take anyone's shit. They may have been a mostly friendly group but disrespect wasn't welcomed. If it wasn't obvious enough by their chase to make sure the loner was far from here.

Once they had done their job he slowed down to a gentle stroll. Kerberos was panting softly as he examined the area and the wolves. Things were going to be just fine around here. He kindly bumped the tawny Tainn with a smile, a much more normal response than the proud growl he had given early. This one certainly had a head on her shoulders. The yellow-eyed Rigel figured he shouldn't be too surprised considering who her parents were. Even Reiko had a good head on his shoulders. The two did have their differences, though. He held hope for both of them equally no matter those differences.

A soft chuff was all that was given as they headed back home. He wanted something to eat now and to rest his legs for a bit before continuing with his daily duties.
have you checked out my player preferences?