(See All?) Announcements
535 Users Online
Bing, Google

Pulling the Puzzles Apart — Quaking Vale 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ranico who has 60 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Kuwindwa Mapinago
Awww, it's okay! I have been a busy beaver all this past week so ummm... sorry for the wait. :B And shortness. Was a bit distracted in the midst of post-writing. xP

Al and Hal? Wind's lip twitched, threatening a half-smile at the choice names for the alpha duo. It was amusing, albeit not necessarily the sort of names that would make them sound any bigger, badder, older, or respectable... maybe they didn't want to sound bigger or badder, though. That was rather the impression Kuwindwa had received—at least from Sahalie. "You are right," confirmed the older woman softly, her gaze steadfastly forward. "Ambition does play a part..." Had she wished it, Kuwindwa might have made a good leader. She wasn't interested however, preferring to serve and protect in favor of guiding an entire pack. She didn't want to lead. "And wisdom comes with time... age."

So Kuwindwa fell in step beside the younger wolf, head half-turned to listen to Cas. Of course their alphas deserved a chance—there was no doubt about that—just doubts about... things only experience could bring. Time. Kuwindwa would give them time. That was all she could do, and pray her decision wasn't a mistake that would come to haunt her like so many things already did. She let silence stretch between them again until they reached the cache. She stood by while Cas made a selection, acting on old habit more than anything: Castel was small, weak, outranked her, needed it more... and Wind wasn't hungry anymore. At least she hadn't been until she saw the mouthwatering rabbit her new packmate had chosen. The warrior sought a similar meal, snatching a rabbit of her own before trotting a short ways off to settle on her haunches, meal placed delicately at her paws.

Kuwindwa didn't dig in right away, contemplating the blue-eyed girl instead. "Where did you come from, Cas?"
Played by Van who has 237 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Castel Lyall-Noor
-plays catch-up with all my owed posts-

Kuwindwa, it seemed, was not much of a talker. She agreed with some of the things Cas was saying, and put in a little bit of her own opinions here and there, but ultimately was quiet. That was fine for the girl - she didn't mind talking, and quite liked the quiet ones. (See: @Niles.) So the one-sidedness of their conversation was natural and easy for the colorful wolf, and she enjoyed sharing stories and letting others get to know her.

She had just been about to take a bite of her rabbit when Windy asked a question. A rather complicated one, when it was asked of Castel. She gave a hum in response, thinking carefully of how to start. "Um, I don't know if you've heard about humans, but I guess I came from a place with a lot of them. They're like tall, skinny, furless bears that stand on their hind feet all the time," she tried to explain, then arched an eyebrow. "They're kind of hideous, to be honest."

"Anyway," she went on, a smile crossing her features. "It was mostly just me and my dad, until I decided to leave. I didn't want to be stuck there for my whole life, under something else's control." It was terrible that she'd left her dad - she knew that. But she didn't know how to make everyone else understand that she had seen no other way for it to have worked. Her father hadn't wanted to leave, and she couldn't have stayed there. Not with how short her life was already.

Not that anyone but Draven knew that her life was to be so short. It wasn't something she liked talking about.