Bing, Google

can i do one thing right — Secret Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Emmett who has 375 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Cottongrass
Hope this is okay! Let me know if you want anything changed <3
'Askan won't say, but I'm also a darn good rabbit catcher.'

It was that statement combined with the wink that had Cottongrass practically falling onto the ground. Tired laughter wheezed past his lungs into the cold air and his tail managed a happy wag somewhere behind him. Remington was funny. Quick on her feet and quick in her mind. And he didn't know how she even managed to find her way into their group but he wasn't going to complain.

Though his expression did curl into a frown when Remington spoke again. What did he think what was? His ears twitched and he stepped forward. Closer towards Remington's side while his senses strained to pick up whatever she just mentioned. He could hear the distant trickle of something. The air smelled damp.

"Water?" His tail wagged and he gave her a curious look. Was that what she heard? He crept forward anyway. Because while Remington was hesitance and thoughtful carefulness Cottongrass was blind curiosity and impulse. It would probably be the end of him sooner or later. "I think it's —"

The words died in his throat and Cottongrass let out a startled yelp when the ground seemed to disappear beneath his feet. His rear end wiggled and he gave a panicked scramble backwards. Away from the steep riverbank he almost fell into.
Played by Switch who has 145 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Remington
don't blame me for whatever happens next

Whatever reason he laughed, and she smirked, eating it up. He had a nice kind of laugh. Real. Thank goodness she'd have someone else with a sense of humor, because without a doubt she knew she'd get along with Cottongrass just fine. She could put aside one anxiety, and it would make the rest easier.

Thankfully, he heard it too. But, instead of remaining beside her he went forward to see. For whatever unknown reason she had the urge to stop him. "Wait!" A terrible cry, she pushed through the brush in a cautious manner. Thank heavens! Cotton wasn't in the river. (She'd have a whole new list of anxieties if that had been his fate.) Tempting to grab at him, instead she nudged at his side, letting him know she was right here, and he was on solid ground. "You about went for a trip." She tried to hide the fear from her tone. Askan surely wouldn't have kicked her out if the poor guy had fallen in, but she wasn't so sure he'd need a good reason. Frantic heartbeat, she took a step to try to get her mind to relax. It was just a high river bank. But, what was this place?

(This post was last modified: Dec 13, 2017, 06:02 PM by Remington.)
[Image: se_by_a_yellow_bird-dc2z4ij.png]