(See All?) Announcements
684 Users Online
Bing, Google

cost me a lot — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Trix who has 331 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

Teeth gritted in a flashy snarl, she stared down the bear as soon as it turned to eye the group of gathered wolves. Her piercing yellow eyes never left it's lumbering frame for a second, her tail lashing through the air in agitation. Not surprisingly, both white males Lachesis and her mate arrived promptly. With their numbers now, she felt they had a decent chance of driving the bear off.

As ready and willing as she was to take on the rival, Rory and Oksana seemed less confident. And justly so. The russet woman had much more experience in driving off competing predators. To the raven child's question, she replied. "To hell with it. We fight back, that's what we do. Without getting injured in the process." She like every other adult here knew that facing a bear always carried a risk of injury. It was a simple fact that there was no getting around. You just had to roll the dice and hoped the odds were in your favor. Lilya had valid points as well and a sound strategy. With a nod, she displayed her agreement, bracing her paws down against the soil and snow, all to eager to launch herself towards the bear. He would receive the full wrath of her heightened state of aggression and regret ever setting foot in Driftwood Surge.

Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

He'd arrived in time to join the ladies and the dark pup, as expected his mate was eager to deal with the bear. He didn't like the idea, after all the morning they'd left the notch a bear had moved into their old den, or at least he assumed they had happened. He didn't want then to have to deal with more bears coming into their home so to him driving it off wasn't the answer but he was no longer a leader so could not make that decision. Lachesis joined them as well while they were coming up with a plan. He listened as the plan was worked out and then as the pup spoke he rose a brow. “I think it would be wise Oksana if you say this one out,” he said gesturing to her injured leg. It wouldn't help if she were to injure it again in the fray of chasing the bear.

Having fought bears before he was pretty confident that with the group that had come together they could force it from the surge. “I think we should decide who goes where before we set to chasing him out?” Suggested the healer. It wouldn't do to go in unorganized and cause things to become worse for them. “I do have to agree with my mate on that one,” he said to answer the pups question, “And send a message to any other bears that might come along.” He didn't know if the brutes cared that much about messages like that but it was worth a shot to keep them out.

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Rory @Oksana @Lilya @Emrys @Jynx
so sorry i totally didn't realize it was my turn! let's wrap this up after the fourth round?

Oksana shouldn’t have been present. Her leg had been broken and, truthfully, Lachesis was surprised the ebony Baranski had survived. If she had been a loner the break would have cost the girl her life. Even still, it had only been a few weeks—the break would not have been fully healed. Or at least not well enough for her to be hobbling around. What will we do? He turned to her, his brows pinned tight as he spoke: You will be returning to the dens. You should not be here—not with your injury. He did not mean to be rude, even though it probably came off that way, but the crow had a death wish. To be testing her leg only two weeks after she had broken it? Oksana knew better than that. If the break grew worse there was nothing he could do for her—not unless she wanted her leg to be removed. Then there was more infection she’d have to worry about fending off… she was better off resting and leaving the bear to the able-bodied adults.

Rory and I will take on the front, he started once his attention returned to the bear, a low growl accompanying his words as he took a bold step forward. Lilya, Emrys, Jynx—you take the sides. He didn’t want to waste time giving orders. They needed to deal with the beast quickly. Without hesitation he launched forward, his jaws snapping in the air as he attempted to lure the lumbering creature away and entice it to attack, or follow, him…

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Hero who has 217 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Sounds good to me!

So many suggestions--which one was right? She turned when she heard his voice, so stern and serious and immediately she knew that Lachesis was not pleased that Oksana had attempted to join them. He had every right to be, truthfully the youth had no need to be around them when she could barely keep up and she hoped his demand was enough to keep her near the dens and resting. She needed rest, not the teeth of a bear. No later than his demand came, did he devise a plan and she listened without a word. The only movement came from her bulging eyes, afraid that she would coming face to face with a bear that was more pissed than anything that there were so many wolves around it. She attempted to conceal her fright but jitters caused her to shiver at her spot, the loud and intimidating roar of the bear practically daring the wolves to come near it to feel sharp teeth and claws was enough for her to wish she had never come across it. Why had she opened her big mouth?! She inhaled sharply, coming toward Lachesis and waited for him to move, bolting off when he took off without hesitation. She mimicked him flawlessly, a deep and menacing snarl flowed from her mouth but deep down she was terrified that this bear would grow fearless and turn toward them with the intention to harm. She hated everything about this. In the meantime, with only two wolves near it, the bear stumbled forward with hackles raised and came toward the pale wolves, teeth baring and a single paw lifting to swat at anyone near it with the longest nails Rory had ever seen. She was shocked she hadn't pooped herself on sight.
Graphics by Arya and Becuffin!

Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

She understood that she should be resting it's what she had been doing since they had returned from the mountain. She also understood that there wasn't much that she could do where the bear was concerned. Did she have to go back to the dens though? Why couldn't she just watched what the adults did? It was a learning experience and now she would miss out on it. If she was going to be a guardian she needed to know these things. Her ears fell as Lachesis spoke to her, the tone he used. I'm not my mother, she said quietly and it wasn't fair that he treated her like she was. Oksana then turned and headed back to the dens, maybe she would get another chance some day to learn how to handle bears.

She could hear Lachesis giving orders to the others behind her as she went. Just another reason why it had been stupid for her to do what she had.

Oksana Exit

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you