(See All?) Announcements
398 Users Online
Bing, Google

i wipe my brow and sweat my rust — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
private for datura/sarahhh! <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
Silence. Anastasia was still, listening to the peaceful sounds of the Falls before her but that wasn't just it. Wherever she had stumbled across looked familiar to home but not nearly as beautiful as it was there, but close. Her home by the sea had been beautiful but it was plagued with demons that took what they wanted because they were the dominant.
They were born strong while women were perceived to be born weak and could not be warriors. Perhaps it was true since Ana had been born snow white, with a lithe, beautiful frame and stunning cerulean eyes - she was an image, but she was also very small and incapable of defending herself besides running away.
Tears threatened to breakforth as she recalled past months, scaring her into running and forever fearful of the past becoming the future. Were packs up here like hers? Or would they open up to a gal like herself? It would be a while before she would know for sure since Lachesis was still getting on his feet again like her and she would be with him until Ana knew he was safe. Choking back her emotions she managed to kneel down amongst the rocky ledge near the Falls, her chest pressing against the cold stone as her tongue moved outwards to gather a few laps of water.
Fine-tipped ears swiveled around, listening for any signs of approach but silence was still in play. Nothing seemed to be active here besides a couple fish within the water and the birds chirping in the trees, but one could never be cautious enough.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Played by Sarah who has 159 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Datura Aquila

there is no such thing as royal blood
• DATURA AQUILA •
I believe we are what we make ourselves
After a particularly unsatisfying bath, Datura was ready to make his way back up the mountain. Although one might have imagined that being lost for several months in uncharted territories might have improved the boy's navigational skills, he found himself increasingly anxious at the thought of getting lost again. Traveling under the canopies still made him nervous. He would take no more chances: he would follow the creek upstream until he reached the falls, and from there the heights would be visible. He would be fine once he reached rocky ground he was more familiar with.

When the trickle of running water began to crescendo into a roar, the golden boy let himself relax. He wouldn't get lost today. Eagerly, he picked up the pace and emerged out into the open where he was momentarily swallowed by the clouds of water thrown up by the falls. He emptied his anxiety from his heart with a sigh, and leisurely made his way towards the sloping rocks alongside the falls, humming merrily again. Vaguely, he realized that this whole humming business was sort of funny. He hadn't hummed before he had gotten lost... Perhaps he had spent so much time with Taima that he no longer could spend any time by himself. He was fine with that.

At some point, however, Datura became aware of a pale form crouched by the falls; drinking, he assumed. But waves of emotion rolled off of her, and she appeared ever so slightly upset by something. Well, that wasn't right. Datura hated to see others sad. It bugged him. Maintaining his distance, the boy called out to the figure by the water. "Hello there miss! Fancy a chat?"

template base by GINNYSAURUS | image by GREY
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
Perhaps it was because of her rather large heart that she could not get a grip on her emotions. Feeling as though she had left her brother without a word would ruin everything but she reminded herself that she had not had anything back home. Nothing but fear, as though her given parents would gather than wrath upon her and find nothing but hatred—giving her no choice but to find a mate and produce children, no questions asked. With a quick shake of her head she stopped drinking and stared at her reflection. Emotion filled sea-blue eyes with a worried expression could not be shaken, though it seemed a complete stranger would force it from her.
Surprised she lifted her head and looked to the voice only to see a young boy, seemingly Nineteen’s age, who asked her for a ‘chat’. He had such an eloquent vocabulary for a yearling but perhaps he had well-defined parents like she had. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“I don’t mind,” she answered sweetly as she moved a couple feet back to sit in a place where he, too, could have a sit. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“I was just admiring the transparency of the water here,” she drew as she looked from water to the boy hoping he would take the offer of a seat. After all he was the first wolf she had met since arriving here that wasn’t Nineteen and from six words so far, he didn’t seem half bad. Then again, Anastasia usually saw the good in every wolf that she came across. So, she really wasn’t the best judgment; good or bad.

Played by Sarah who has 159 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Datura Aquila

when she was just a girl
• DATURA AQUILA •
she expected the world
“I don’t mind."

"Splendid," Datura drawled as a deep smile dug into the corners of his mouth. Casually, the gilded boy sauntered towards the girl. Her saccharine tone set him at ease, and for a moment he quite forgot his notions of helping a sad little girl as he settled in to her welcoming company, feeling quite at home. It was nice not having to get all bent out of shape about someone walking in on him or insulting him or just... all these other rude wolves who had forced their presence upon him. Instead, he could just enjoy the presence of a well-bred girl —regardless of the fact that she was nearly twice his age.

His new acquaintance shuffled over to make room for him by the water, and the golden boy, high on his own manners, reclined delicately next to her. Up until now he had been unable to get a good look at her face, and for a brief moment his attention settled on her face, finding it like any other girl's face — thin muzzle, bright eyes, the standard things — before he noticed that she was looking at something. Eagerly, his eyes trailed downward, following her gaze..."“I was just admiring— " Datura held his breath at these words. He always had to be careful when someone threw out the word admiring in the context of looking at some sort of water feature or other natural structure. "— the transparency of the water here.” And he relaxed. She hadn't said pretty or beautiful or anything of the sort. It was going to be okay.

Transparent water, though? What on earth did that mean? For a moment the golden boy stared down at the water, slightly puzzled. "I thought water was supposed to be blue." Squinting, the boy leaned in, putting his nose only inches from the lightly churned water's surface. It certainly looked blue to him.

template base by GINNYSAURUS | image by GREY
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
Ana could never say no to new company, though she worried that Nineteen might not react well to it. He didn’t seem to be getting along with the wild wolves around here but she seemed to blend right in to their everyday life. Even so, she wouldn’t leave him behind for anything. They were a team now and she was going to help him fight the battles he faced until he could stand on his own.
Without hesitation and a big smile the stranger settled in right next to her (staring at her for a moment before she could feel his gaze venturing) and landed right where she looked. Now the two of them were water-watching, she assumed. Taking in the water’s glow and to her, she was amazed by nature’s work and simply wanted to bask in it all day. Good day for a swim—she would have to get Nineteen and show him. Ana smiled and nodded, he was right just didn’t see past it.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“It is blue—but you can see through the water, meaning that it is transparent.” Anastasia did not mind teaching another or helping, the boy seemed bright but he was still young and had much to learn just as she did. Though she was not as young as he was, she hadn’t experienced as much of the world as she would have liked.