(See All?) Announcements
373 Users Online
Google, Bing

Afraid of Storms — Blackberry Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Silvia who has 133 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Rayne Flint
As they tumbled and skidded down the hill, Rayne felt his grip on Anouke jaw slip and once they reached the bottom, the large wolf scrambled to his paws-he didn’t want to still be on the ground if the wolf in front of him managed to leap to his feet before Rayne did- and stared at his struggling opponent as he lay on the wet grass before him. Blood trickled from the wound in his jaw, which look almost bad enough to leave a possible scar. Good Rayne thought with a deep seated satisfaction. A feeling that he had jumped to conclusions far too quickly arose but it was covered by the love for his sister which fueled his rage and caused him to react out of the norm for the normally gentle giant. It was never a good idea to speak ill of Senka to Rayne in anyway.

True, the wolf on the grass before him had said very little about Senka. In fact, he had said that Senka had been injured and the wolf had offered her help but she refused. That was all he spoke of. Yet the words that his sister was hurt and possibly dead had set something off within the brother. Perhaps it had something to do with the anger and guilt that dwelled in his heart that was tied in with Senka and because of it, he was lashing out to the nearest creature. Which happened to be the mud covered hellion. However, with his tail held high as Rayne glared down at him and waited for him to raise to his feet, something niggled in the back of his mind. What would Senka think of him, beating a wolf with little to no provocation and meaning? Though Senka herself was a skilled fighter and knew when it was right time to fight or not, she was also honorable and rarely if ever got provoked into an actual fight. Small scuffles within the ranks of hunters had happened but it had been the general agreement Senka was the best hunter. A few wolves had tried to take her spot as lead huntress but quickly realised why she was at the top after a particularly good hunt or if and when Senka flashed her teeth and showed a display of dominance that dared them to fight her. They would understand it wasn’t just a show; Senka was where she was because of her skills and not because her daddy was the pack’s best hunter as many thought. Hell, she even surpassed him as a hunter. That’s when they would back down, allowing Senka to remain top hunter.

As the thoughts whipped around his mind, it was then he realised he had allowed his pent up emotions over the last year to get the better of him. The anger at both himself and Luna, the guilt and the heartbreak over emotionally hurting his mother and sister. The anguish that if the hellion in front of him was telling the truth, the unresolved conflict between him and his sister would remain an open wound and he would blame himself for what happened to her even if she lived. Anouke had arisen to his paws again and caught Rayne’s attention. Stepping closer to the wolf, he snarled at him.

“Tell me, do you know what happened with my sister after you saw her? Or have you been lying to me this entire time?” As much as he wanted to tear the wolf’s ears off, he also wanted to know the truth. Was his sister truly injured and on the mountains? Or was she no where near them and he would be starting at square one?
Played by Melorama who has 101 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Anouke Khasekhemre
OMG I can’t believe this just happened xD
Also, Rayne doesn’t even know Anouke’s name O.o
@Rayne

I do it because I can, I can because I want to,
Anouke Kasekhemre
I want to because you made me.

During the time it took for the Young Hellion to clamber back up to his large paws and turn around to face his opponent, nothing happened. There was only the booming thunder, flashing lightning and pouring rain. Dark ears were flattened against his skull as he stared at Rayne through narrowed eyes, and after a few moments he snapped his jaws warningly at his opponent, almost daring him to attack again, at his own peril, of course.

The fact that Rayne had seen him stumble and fall was what fueled his anger and determination to win, to prove to the brown and red-furred male and himself that he wasn’t weak, that he wasn’t a wolf who let others push him around. No, he was meant to be on top, to lead others, that was the reason why he had been born into the world. Nothing could change that, and he would show Rayne what he could truly do.

There was a few moments of silence, before another ground-shaking boom sounded out, and finally the brown and red-furred male spoke. The corners of his lips twitched, almost lifting up into a smirk but not quite. He could just straight-up tell Rayne that he had lied about everything, but where would the fun be in that? The Young Hellion could just say that he had, and make his opponent cross over the mountain and back, maybe he could even bump into him again. Now that would be fun.

Staring at Rayne, Anouke lowered his head an inch and stood silent for a few seconds, contemplating what he would say, and how he would say it. Cocking his head to the left, the Young Hellion smirked, and curled his lips back to show his pearly white canines as a low, rumbling laugh emitted from his chest. “I may have seen her, or I may not have. You decide.” Let him think about that!

Without warning, the Young Hellion sprang at Rayne, but his left back paw slipped on the wet grass and he stumbled once again, but this time to the left. Instead of landing on his side like he had the previous time, his dark head rammed into a hiding rock, knocking him out cold. He would have no idea what Rayne would do to him, but when he woke up the next morning, he would have a killer headache.

Such was the misfortune of the Young Hellion on the stormy night.

410 Words

(This post was last modified: Oct 05, 2013, 10:07 AM by Anouke.)
Played by Silvia who has 133 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Rayne Flint
(Occ: I know. Anouke never got around to telling him and Rayne never asked him again. XD His name has popped up in my posts as more a convenience for me but I'll probably go back and change that soon. :P)

“I may have seen her, or I may not have. You decide.” Rayne snarled as his opponent spoke the words. The wolf was toying with him! He had to be, if he refused to answer such a simple question. But why? Was it some kind of fun for the mean spirited wolf in from of him? Thunder rumbled and shook the ground, distracting him for a moment and causing his eyes to momentarily look away from him.

Rayne had no warning when the young wolf lunged at him so when the dark furred male lunged and Rayne wasn't directly looking at him, it surprised him greatly to see the movement out of the corner of his eye. Moving to dodge the oncoming attack, another surprise came his way. His dark furred enemy slipped and went flying to the ground, striking his head on a rock covered by mud and and loose grass.

Rayne couldn't believe it. There was no way, his opponent must have been playing a trick on him. He had been in enough scuffles to know a few tricks himself and though this would be a first, it wasn't out there. Yet after a few minutes of waiting and a few cautious steps forward, he didn't rise to strike at Rayne's throat. Rayne blinked. The other male was truly unconscious and by his own paw. The only wounds he received off Rayne was a cut on his jaw and a wounded pride, though the latter Rayne would never find out about. Nudging the male lightly to see if he could rouse him, which proved to unsuccessful, Rayne wondered what he should do. He couldn't leave the wolf on his own like this. But there was no way he was going to wait around for him to wake up. What if he wanted to fight again? The red and brown furred wolf didn't want that to happen.

So what to do? Howl and see if someone would come? Rayne frowned at the idea. The howl could bring anyone and he didn't want to bring someone who could harm the wolf. Eventually, Rayne decided. Grabbing the wolf by the scruff of his neck, he slowly begun to pull him up the hill, back to the tree. Praying he wouldn't wake up as it happened. After several minutes, the dark furred wolf would lay amongst the roots of the tree, still unconscious but safe and alone with Rayne heading to the mountains. "speech"

(Finished)
(This post was last modified: Oct 06, 2013, 09:34 AM by Rayne.)