staring down the barrel of a .45 — Whisper Caverns 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 170 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tokino Lagina
what you don't know, won't hurt you
Tokino Lagina
what you can't see, won't blind you
Kino silently watched as the events unfolded around him. His ghostly blue gaze watched his niece check on her pups then call out for quite a familiar name. That damn healer eh? Maybe once she's done lookin at the white one she can take a look at my back... The wound he had recieved after being surprised by a bull elk was doing well enough. A part from a large patch of missing fur around the wound it had already been treated. The dried herbs of all kinds lay over the cut which had already knitted itself closed 3/4ths of the way back to normal. The older wolf was lucky no infection had gotten into it. Or perhaps it was just a healers touch that had made it begin recovering so quickly.

That was one reason why he'd been in the den for so long not doing regular activities. Spare for watching the pups while he rested and healed.

Carefully quiet Kino heard Aphrodite's whispered name come from the white womans maw. He looked down at her for a second then craned his neck over to look at her thin body. The scuffling of paws announced Aphie's approach as she skidded to a halt next to the white wolf.

He shifted his paws uncomfortable with being so close to the woman who was obviously the white girls mother. Then thankfully the gray males attention was diverted again when Simaea padded into the cave. The mans dark gray brow lifted in question of her ragged apearrance. Ya feeling okay miss Simaea? He asked wondering why she looked to be in such condition. However once she approached and looked over Athena, Kino kept very quiet.

After she finished hadnign out things to do Kino offered himself up to clean the woman. What the hell else did he have to lose. He didn't have a pretty face so if she scarred it he'd be okay with that. Plus the guy was getting older (though he likes to say he's in his prime).

I'll clean her up good.. Tokino slowly lifted himself feeling the numbness spread across his back echoing off of the healing wound. Then craned his head over the Poison Path wolfs body and began gently cleaning her off with soothing strokes of his tongue.

Played by Jen who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
The oversized russet male was alert for any changes as he patroled the borders. There wasn't often any kind of commotion, but as Alpha he had a need to be sure that the markers were strong and that no creature attempted to violate the sanctity of his home or threaten his family. The pups were getting older and their foster sister, littly Athena, was proof enough that dangers could easily befall a helpless pup. Curiosity might get the better of them one day. This was a recurring nightmare of the new father. What if he failed to protect his own? Certainly Athena's parents had not intended for her to be left alone at the mercy of fate...

So, for the past weeks he'd been on the borders a bit more than usual and therefor away from the den. This was why his heart leaped into his throat at Narime's call. It was for Simea, their gentle-hearted Healer, which meant that someone was hurt. Without a thought, his long legs carried him quickly to the communal den and his family. When he arrived Simea was already in attendance and Narime' and Tokino were as well. Narime' sat between them and a dirty white heap of fur towards the back of the den and their children. She may have sat, put there was an aire of near aggression about her. This was explained when his eyes adjusted and the ragged fur morphed into wolf. A strange wolf that currently had thier adoptee burrowed between her front legs, sobbing sorrowfully.

He had missed the verbal exchange, but watched Simea head out and Tokino move closer to the wolf. All the pieces began to fall together and he realized that this must be the fae that had fallen into the labyrinth of caverns below the meadow so many weeks ago. Aphrodite's mother. She looked lifeless, but he caught the barest hint of movement of her chest, perhaps reacting unconsciously to the presence of her daughter. He had hoped that she would find her way free, but he'd never expected to find her in the middle of their den. The ways had been blocked off and she was in no shape to have dug herself out.

He came to stand protectively next to @Narimé, between their curious-looking pups and the stranger, despite the fact that she didn't look able to lift her head, no less cause them harm. Instinct would not be denied. He nuzzled his mate's silky cheek and asked simply, " How?"

Knight of Honor
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Narimé felt a small prickle of relief flood her body as the scent of her mate came to her sensitive nose. Just having him around calmed her nerves for the most part. As Sloane came into view her nose began twitching pushing itself forward towards the russet alpha. As he approached Nari noted the confused look on her loves face. When he asked "how?" The silver she wolf sighed deeply while taking her gaze off him and onto Athena's still body.

"Remember when you told me about the female who fell into the caverns like I had?" She asked him softly then continued. "I had been worried about the stranger finding their way out into the den for some time. For a long time now I thought nothing of it hoping she would find an exit herself." She paused remembering how bad her anxiety had grown after having the bad dream. A few nights ago Nari had a dream where a stranger came out of the depths of the tunnels and gobbled up all her pups. Thus the fear of this stranger doing the same had spurred the mother into action.

"But then I realized that if I had found my way out this way, the other woman might do the same. I didn't want the pups or any of the pack in danger so I... I went down looking for the woman myself. " Narimé's eyes switched to the sad white pup who seemed to have finally found one of her family members. "I found her in very bad condition and couldn't leave her there. Simaea's going to patch her up while uncle and myself guard the pups." the young alpha spoke softly hoping she wasn't acting too over dramatic about the whole situation.

Once she finished telling Sloane of the situation Narime bowed out to fetch some food for the helpless stranger starving away in their den. @Simaea had ordered it and Nari didn't like seeing a woman, a mother like herself, in such a condition. She felt bad for Aphrodite too who continued to lean over her mother in concern. So quickly she made sure Tokino was watching Athena well then turned to leave. She had to find the nearest cache and see if there was anything good in there to bring back the white she wolf.

(Exit Nari to get food)

(This post was last modified: Jan 08, 2014, 10:35 PM by Narimé.)

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.

Look Out!

A bear has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health