(See All?) Announcements
687 Users Online
Google, Bing

Hearthwood River Pack Thread — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan had learnt of Riseala’s disappearance at the recent meeting @Lachesis had called. The news had confused the healer, considering he had interacted with the pup the previous day. However, he supposed it shouldn’t have come as much of a surprise that the pup had apparently wandered off considering her tendency to venture off on her own before now. However, with the recent death of her mother heavy on her mind, the girl’s behaviour was more concerning to the male.

The healer therefore had not hesitated before agreeing to accompany Inna to Wild Rye Fields. The trip would provide them both with the perfect opportunity to search the lands further to the north in case the pup had managed to venture that far afield. It also gave Inna the chance to inform their allies of Kisla’s passing, which the healer hoped would in some way help the woman to accept and process the incident. On a personal level, Lorcan also wished to demonstrate his loyalty to both Inna and Hearthwood and he believed that such a trip would allow him to do just that.

Lingering alongside the raven woman, Lorcan waited for their leader to meet them. He did not dare to leave the territory again without Lachesis’ permission. 
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
The ghost had sought refuge in his den after the meeting, absorbing the comforting scent of hyssop to soothe his troubled mind. So much had happened in such a short time period. Lorcán had gone missing and returned, Otter and Mace had fled the Kingswood without a word, Kisla had passed away and Lekalta was still nowhere to be found... and now little Risaela's whereabouts were unknown. What a mess, he thought glumly to himself as he rested his chin atop his forepaws, a frown etched into his dark lips. 

The call from @Inna had surprised the ghost, for he had just seen (and spoken with) her at the meeting. Had something happened since he had called for the river wolves? Unable to keep his thoughts from going to the negative, Lachesis crawled out from his den and was even more surprised to see @Lorcan at the raven's side. He blinked, his brows meeting together as he studied them curiously, his maw canted to the side. "Is everything alright?" He asked cautiously, his tail swaying gently behind him. He couldn't help but wonder if they were planning on leaving Hearthood, causing his heart to sink. The raven's mother had passed--was she looking to start over somewhere else and forge a name for herself? And Lorcán--he had just returned from his unexpected absence and pledged his loyalty to the river wolves... had that all been a lie? 

He waited, nervously, for their response as his heart ached at the thought of potentially losing three more wolves. 
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

With the meeting over Inna had things she knew she had to take care of whether she was still grieving or not. They were things that could not wait, a visit to Wild Rye Fields to tell them about her mother, she felt they needed to know especially since she felt they had a personal connection to her mother. Risaela was also on her mind, where was she? Even if she was still in Hearthwood Inna felt she had a duty to her mother to go looking for the child and bring her home. She waited, bumping Lorcans cheek anxiously, for Lachesis to appear.

Finally when he did she faced him as she had in the past ready to bring her thoughts to him as confidently as she always had. She could do this she knew she could. She reminded herself she was strong and could get through this even if she still felt like everything was falling apart. She looked to Lorcan for a moment before turning her gaze on Lachesis, “I'm not sure,” she told the pale leader, “I think that I should head to Wild Rye Feilds, I have gathered they may have known my mother and I feel I should inform them of her death. I am also worried about Risa and thought that we could look for her on the way, Lorcan has agreed to go. We'd only be gone a few days. We wanted to make sure it was okay with you before we left,” she explained before shifting her weight on her feet.

She was worried, what if he thought she should stay home? Who would look for Risa, tell the rye wolves of her mother? Kisla was her mother and she was old enough to go to them she should be the one to tell them. Inna's orange gaze fell on Lorcan once more in case he wanted to add anything.

[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
The leader soon made an appearance from his den, a curious expression on his face before he questioned if everything was alright. Noticing Lachesis’ hint of concern the healer nodded his head reassuringly towards the alabaster male before casting his golden gaze across to Inna in anticipation for her answer.

Lorcan remained silent as the dark woman explained the reasoning behind their call, his pale brows pinching together subtly in concern at her mention of Risaela. His golden gaze drifted back towards @Lachesis as Inna assured the leader that they would only be gone for a few days, anxious to see the leader’s immediate reaction to the idea of him leaving the territory again so soon after his return. 

Russet ears pressed back against his head as he waited a moment after Inna had finished explaining, before plucking up the courage to say something himself. “I know the lowlands well, so I thought it would be a good idea to accompany Inna there…” He said somewhat hesitantly, unsure of what Lachesis would think, before he added. “And if we do manage to find Risaela, it wouldn’t hurt to have a healer present…just in case?” He didn’t want to continue that sentence. The others were sure to grasp his meaning. 
# P O R C A N
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Lorcan @Inna

His lips tightened as the raven spoke, his pale gaze not wavering from her dark frame as she explained why they had called for him. It made sense to seek out Jessie and Drestig, as the river matriarch had been familiar with them. She had been the reason behind their initial alliance with the western pack, and wanted to strengthen ties with them when Lachesis had been working out things with Whitestone. While they deserved to know what happened to Kisla   the Stark was also apprehensive about telling them—and any of the neighbouring packs, for that matter. He did not want Hearthwood to appear weakened by the queen’s death. Her loss had been a major blow to the pack, and he was not sure their personal affairs were the business of other packs. 

However Kisla had been friends with the Rye leaders; therefore, they deserved to know. Otherwise they may come knocking on Hearthwood’s door, seeking the Baranski’s company only to discover she no longer ruled the Kingswood. 

While he was sure little Risaela was fine there was also no harm in looking for her. She was a child overcome by grief; XIX did not find it unusual that she had wandered away from the river. Lachesis knew she would return, as the redwoods and the winding river were all that she knew, but it would be nice to know where she had disappeared to. He nodded, slowly, his brows pinched darkly together as he spoke: “Be quick. Ask for Drestig or Jessie but Adelayde, Askan or Reyes will do if the leaders are busy. Let them know that the alliance does not die with Kisla. “ He paused, his maw tipping to the side as he studied the pair before him. “Do not hesitate to speak with loners along the way,” he added as an afterthought, his lips drawing tight once more. “I’m sure Risaela will return soon, but I do hope you find her.”
(This post was last modified: Aug 08, 2017, 03:02 PM by Lachesis.)
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan waited, anxiously wondering if the large pale leader would grant him permission to leave the pack territory so soon after his return from the wilderness. Golden gaze remained fixed to Lachesis’ face, watching as a frown pinched between his brows. If he was denied leave then Inna would likely make the journey alone and that was something the male wasn’t entirely comfortable with considering her current state of grief.

The healer soon learned that his worries were without cause and that Lachesis had no problem with him accompanying the raven on the mission to Wild Rye Fields. The agouti male nodded in understanding as the larger male spoke, making mention of the two packs alliance and the need to be quick. Crouching down a little, Lorcan pressed his russet ears against his head and waved his tail respectfully before him before he finally answered. 

“Understood, Sir. Thank you.” He said with a curt nod of his head and a quick glance across to Inna. With any luck their trip to the northern expanse would be without any trouble and if they happened to come across the missing pup in the process, all the better. Staying quiet, Lorcan waited for Inna to say anything she wished to add before leaving the den alongside her. 
(This post was last modified: Aug 08, 2017, 04:17 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

In the time since her mother's death Inna had allowed herself to fall apart and spend days in her den not attending to her duties. After delivering the news of her mother to Oksana and the meeting it was clear to Inna that the pack and most importantly her daughter needed her. She needed to get back to her duties and this trip she wanted to take to Wild Rye Fields was part of that. She was Kisla's daughter and she hoped that if she showed strength in the face of what had recently happened then her pack mates would feel encouraged. Informing the rye wolves of her mother's death and looking for Risa could be good for her, having Lorcan with her would help.

She waited for Lachesis answer noticing the way his expression change and worried he might not think it a good idea. She was relieved when he finally spoke giving them the permission they sought. Her head turned to look at the tawny healer as he spoke letting Lachesis know that he understood. Then it was Inna’s turn to speak, “We will be as quick as we can, I don't want to be away from Oksana too long. I will be sure to let them know about the alliance and we will gather what information we can of Risa, it will set my mind a little at ease to at least know she is okay.”

With that she gave Lachesis a lick in his chin, “Take care of yourself while I'm away,” she told him before she turned to Lorcan. With a bump to his shoulder she took her leave with Lorcan beside her. They would leave as soon as they could for Wild Rye Fields, she did not want to waste time.

Lorcan and Inna exit

(This post was last modified: Aug 08, 2017, 08:51 PM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Rau who has 14 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Ferdie Von Pelt
looking to meet pack members I'm open to any thread or plot if you want @Lilya @Laike @Inna @Aytigin @Anastasia @Lorcan @Lilliana @Risaela @Lavender @Oksana @Mathéo

Ferdie Von Pelt returned to the place he had met the alpha and tugged a large section of haunch off the deer that had been left by the lynx. He carried the awkward large haunch with almost to much ease, perhaps his strength was renewed knowing he had finally found a place to call home.

He was newly welcomed into this pack, the place he’d call home hopefully for many years. He followed his nose to the most heavily scented area within the pack lands, he had not had any breakfast yet; for he had gladly given that away, as he would every bit of food he hunted, for other then eating only enough to get himself by everything he did would be to help move this pack and his new family forward.
Hopefully he’d find someone to share his haunch with; he had left enough meat behind for the lynx that had made the kill but took enough to show the lynx it had hunted in a packs lands and therefore need to pay the toll

The agouti brute looked around carefully, He was a mackenzie valley wolf, large and strong by nature but also calm and sweet at heart; If one took the time to get to know him, before they passed judgement. He loosed a long low song around the haunch in his maw as he approached. He did not want to startle anyone and he was new here and though he might have some of the alpha’s scent on him it was not much for the alpha had been careful not to touch him and left to attend something he had cared not to share with the new comer; having left Ferdie Von Pelt to his own devices.

He exhaled as his presented himself to the pack with no alpha at his side, he still held himself with pride, though he flipped his ears back showing his concern at meeting strange wolves in their home he hoped to share. He set the haunch down careful not to eat any yet, for if there were higher ranked pack members about that was their right first and he would get what was left or continue his journey for food if there was nothing left afterward. Either way he’d not complain, not yet.
(This post was last modified: Sep 09, 2017, 03:10 PM by Ferdie Von Pelt. Edit Reason: spelling errors - adding tags )
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
@Ferdie Von Pelt

She'd left her mother sleeping in the den, for once the older Baranski was sleeping. The smudge was worried about Inna and she hoped Lorc's visits would help. She tried to give her mother the space she needed and kept quiet while in the den. She would return at night and curl up against Inna in hopes her presence would be a comfort to the Raven.She had ventured out that day after checking on her mother, with or without her mother or Rissy Oksana was determined to learn the territory. She was sure he mother would want her too, though she supposed In a would want to show her herself.

The pup wasn't exactly sure where she was at but the area did look familiar like she had been there plenty of times. It wasn't until she saw the mouth of the communal den came into view that she knew exactly where she was at. The closer she came to the den a scent reached her nostrils that she felt she recognized but she wasn't completely sure she was right.

Carefully she made her way toward the den and the scent. What she found was a wolf she didn't recognize with meat she wasn't sure she'd ever tried before. She peered at the man curiously her head tilting to one side. Finally she had come to stand right in front of him. “Who you?” She almost demanded as if he was doing something bad.

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Rau who has 14 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Ferdie Von Pelt
Ferdie Von Pelt had been looking around curiously committing everything to memory though he really didn’t need to since he was going to bee here a while. He found himself checking out the terrain and the trees looking for way to use the terrain to his advance should the pack come under attack for any reason.

A tiny voice broke his concentration and his swung his massive head around to face her. His surprised eyes turned soft upon the young wolf and she elicited from him a friendly and relieved smile.

His rich slightly accented baritone poured into the air I am Ferdie Von Pelt and I am new here, I was welcomed to call this place my home and I am think I will do so with pride

He lay down beside the deer meat so as not to tower over the half grown pup, Care to join me in a meal? I know it’s early in the afternoon but I have not yet had my breakfast Ferdie doubted she need him to serve her, at 4 months her teeth should be started to turn to adult teeth though that process wouldn’t be compete until she was 7 months old and she didn’t look quite that old yet. Just to be sure though he pulled a long strip free and offered it to her without pretence or a babying attitude.

What’s your name? He inquired as he pulled another strip of meat free for himself
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »