(See All?) Announcements
603 Users Online
Bing, Google, Nia

cactus ruckus — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

There were many things that Leotie’d had to become accustomed to since leaving the bend, things she hadn't had to worry about before. The bend had been a safe place that she could roam where she pleased. Out here where they had been staying she had to be cautious of other wolves whether they were pack wolves or loners. Though it had been a long time she remembered that some could be nice and others not so much. Something else was the fact she had to rely on her skills more especially her tracking skills so that she could find her way around and not get lost. Getting lost a third time had been her biggest fear living in the bend but each day she spent out hunting she became more comfortable in her abilities.

Leotie while she still thought of the bend occasionally did not regret her decision to leave and with each passing day she was more sure she had made the right decision. Like in the bend she spent a lot of her time hunting trying to help provide the food that they all needed. On her way back from an early morning hunt that had been successful in the fact she had tracked her prey and found it but unsuccessful in the fact it had gotten away she caught Reiko and Triell's scent. Curious as to what they were up to she decided to follow and soon found them. She saw Triell first as she came up behind him and then Reiko further away with a wolf she hadn't seen before. Coming up to stand next to Triell she gave him a friendly bump on the shoulder before watching Reiko with the stranger.

(This post was last modified: Jan 10, 2017, 04:49 AM by Leotie.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Namara who has 184 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Maera Slayer

While Maera had been on the constant hunt for food for both her and her travelling companion, she’d been sticking close to the den. Soon enough the worse of the winter storms would settle in for the long run and she didn’t want to be too far from ‘home’ when they did. That was how wolves got lost, or died, or never saw their friends again… both pack wolves and lone wolves alike shared that issue. She’d been following the faintest scent of rabbit when she caught the mix of scents: rabbit, Kerberos, a couple other wolves. Alarm sparked her eyes for just a moment as she pushed through, keeping a calm expression on her face – composure was key.

She liked to think that he wasn’t in trouble, because that just wasn’t his personality. He was the bark, the wolf everyone seemed to get along with (Kobe being an exception, but really that was partially her fault) whereas she was the bark, the defensive one who got herself into more trouble than she could chew sometimes. She had him in her sights, along with that of a pup, a soft smile crossing her face. If you and your parents are gonna be around for a while, I’d love to help out like this more often. You’re pretty nice and have a good set of skills, Reiko. She made her presence known, focusing specifically on the child and Kerberos and disregarding the other two scents she thought she’d crossed on the way here for just a moment.

“The more wolves band together, the better everyone eats through the winter.” She proposed softly as she made her appearance, giving Kerb a slight nudge on the shoulder. It was true, and she’d seen it work with some success in her first winter compared to that of her second, the difference being having her family to help her bring things down, and being by herself, left to find only small prey that was far from satisfying.

[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

I just wanna stay in the sun where I find

He watched the pair work together. Admired the patience of both youth, and elder. As the rabbits darted out a smile was easily brought out by Reiko's victory. He was going to move to congratulate him, and thank the man when he heard movement behind him. Head turned in time to see Leotie. He nudged her in turn. She seemed to be adjusting to the west, and their small group which made him each day feel a little easier. A smirk shifted onto his muzzle. "Shall we join them?"

He could see another had had the same idea, but this was a female who appeared to know the silver male. That was interesting, and he hoped his appearance wouldn't scare them off. He eased down the small slope. A soft bark given to announce his arrival. Sure Leotie was right behind him. Despite the Tainn's large stature, he carried himself neutral, a wag to his dark banner. His orange eyes drifted first to Reiko, the black colored lady, and than rested upon Kerb. "Thank you for helping my son." Sincerity in his tone, he dipped his head. There was a grin, he looked to Reiko, watching how he took his sudden arrival.

He hadn't heard of word of any of the conversation that had passed. Slightly, straightened his stance. "I'm Triell, and this is Leotie." He offered, his gaze shifting among the group.

(This post was last modified: Jan 10, 2017, 08:34 PM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
Played by Nova who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reiko Tainn
doesn't matter if it's not okay
reiko tainn
doesnt matter if it's not our day

Kerberos had to veer off for his own rabbit. Eyes followed him in amazement, as he snatched the creature, and then repeatedly threw it up in the air a few times, and then caught it, killing it at the same time. Wow. The look on his face clearly impressed. He would have to try that some day. Kerb made it look so easy. The man made his way back to him, and he couldn't hide the awe he felt. A  proud smile donned his muzzle, and he nodded in agreement. Even if he wasn't sure about it, it felt like the best thing to do. Forehead furrowed in bewilderment. He was giving his rabbit to him, to take home? No way! "Thank you," eagerly left his lips at a loss to say more. It would be nice to do this every day. "You would?" He asked, clearly not quite convinced why a wolf who could catch a rabbit alone would want to help him.

There was a black figure that caught his eyes, and he froze almost thinking it was his dad. As his gaze shifted over the wolf, he saw many differences. The most major one being this was a girl. He heard her words, and found truth to it. But, didn't understand where she had come from so he quietly sat there as she nudged Kerb. A friend or sister? Man, Treyah was gonna wish she'd come.

There was a bark he knew, and he turned his head to see his dad's tall figure coming toward them. The boy's ears twisted in guilt. But as the Tainn approached he could see nothing wrong. Dad had a smile, and quickly Reiko smiled in turn. "Did ya seem me dad? Did ya?" He excitedly questioned, jumping up, his tail speed going to blurry. "Kerb is awesome dad! He..he caught it, and throwed it in the air. He said, he said I could give this one to you and mum. That'll he'll help us hunt. She.." Eyes landed on the female he didn't know. Oh, where was he going with this? She had seemed to offer her help too, but he didn't know her name. Sheepishly, he looked back to his dad not sure how to proceed.

template base formed by GINNYSAURUS.
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Kerberos couldn't hold back his chuckle. The boy was so grateful and ecstatic. "Goodness of course, Reiko!" His tail wagged happily. And in that moment it seemed they weren't alone. @Maera had come trailing up next to him, her touch met with a gentle bump of his own. She always had the best of timing it seemed. Then the three of them became five. Two more wolves approached. One who was a female that resembled himself and @Reiko in color while the other was a large, older, dark man who looked more like Mae. He realized that must have been the child's father.

He let the child have his moment as well as the father before offering a polite nod. "Pleasure to meet you @Leotie and Triell, you have a wonderful son here. A good listener and skilled hunter if I've ever seen one." He smiled and offered a wolfish wink at the kid. Nudging Maera he continued to speak. "I'm Kerberos, otherwise known as Kerb, and this is Maera. We aren't staying too far from here. As your son said I'd love for you and his mother to have the rabbit I caught. I can provide more for myself later on." His voice was neutral and polite. "I would also gladly lend a paw for any larger hunts should you and your family remain in this area. And I'm sure my friend wouldn't mind helping as well?" He mused softly and turned his head towards Maera waiting for her opinion.
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

When she found Triell he didn't seem alarmed that his son was with the strange wolf so she took that as a cue to not be alarmed either. She offered the man a smile when he nudged her before observing Reiko and the older male as they worked to catch rabbits for each of them. It was a rather impressive sight for her and she was happy for Reiko to have caught a rabbit himself. “Of course,” she stated when asked if they should join Reiko and the young man. Before they moved another wolf, a female had joined the pair. Leotie took note that she seemed to know the man that was with Reiko and she looked to Triell for his reaction to this.

When he started down the small slope Leotie followed making sure she didn't appear to be threatening in any way. She didn't want to upset the two wolves with Reiko as she was curious about who they were. When they reached the small group Triell spoke first thanking the male for his help and when he introduced her she gave a nod. When Reiko spoke it was clear the boy was proud of himself and the job he'd done catching the rabbit, as he should be. She also found it interesting that the wolf called Kerb would let Reiko keep the rabbit and offer to help them.

She nodded when Kerb spoke to her and listened as he introduced himself and the female that was with him. “It's nice to meet you both as well,” she said when he had finished speaking.

(This post was last modified: Jan 11, 2017, 04:26 AM by Leotie.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Maera Slayer

Her nose twitched slightly as the two other wolves made their appearances – she presumed the boy’s father was one of them, and… maybe the boy’s mother as well? She wasn’t sure, but she was old enough to have had pups this past spring. The boy only confirmed it when he greeted his father, awkwardly falling off after raving about Kerberos, though Maera didn’t blame him. She’d just arrived, and it was only natural. She let Kerb do the speaking for both of them, her tail waving in a soft and friendly manner as her eyes focused on them both. She’d been told something, long ago… be professional, be polite, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet. This was no exception, though she highly doubted she’d need it given the situation. Where Kerb was the bark, she was the bite.

She didn’t offer the nickname that her family had given her, and had recently been adopted by Kerb. It seemed sort of… personal? She didn’t even know if that was the right word for it.

She offered Leotie a nod of her own when she gave her pleasantries to the both of them. Curiosity caught her features when they mentioned family, reminding her of the young girl, Treyah, who she’d run into not too long ago. “Of course… I presume Treyah is your daughter as well?” She asked, her gaze focused on the one whom had their identity confirmed as a parent – Triell himself. “I ran into her on a frozen part of the river in the grove not too long ago, told her I’d help out where I could. She seemed keen on getting me to meet you.”

Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
The enthusiasm his son had was a nice change. It had been too long since he witnessed it. "You did good Reiko." he meant it. He did have to look to the dark silver wolf, interest in brightness of it. It was worth banding together for all of them, but he felt the man would have offered regardless.

"That I do," he agreed. He felt lucky to have been blessed with the two pups. Hoped to do better for them. "Thank you Kerberos. You seem a polite fellow. A mutual hunt would be appreciated and beneficial. We plan on staying around here to should winter not prove too dire." He hoped it wouldn't bother them. So far they seemed eager to work together.

Attention drifted to Maera. "Yes, that sounds like her. " There was a grin only imaging what she could she had said to the woman. But in her own words she stated the same as Kerb, a want to help. He believed them. Could they have a new pack after all? One about the simplicity of helping each other? He wasn't sure, but felt things may just turn out if they were meant to be.

"Would you be up for one now? Then we could meet up with Treyah, and Naira,my mate. "
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
Inactive No Rank
Maera Slayer

The more she thought about it, the more she figured Leotie wasn’t the boy’s mother… Treyah had specifically mentioned Leotie separate from her mother… still, it didn’t connect until Triell’s attention drifted to her and he confirmed that his daughter had been quite the interesting child when she met her. The smile crept across swarthy woman’s face. “She’s very perceptive, and curious.” She commented in return. She happened to like Treyah, reminded her a lot of what she imagined she would have looked like had her upbringing been less difficult than it actually had been. She always did have a stubborn streak in her.

It was more personal for Maera than she let on… winter was rough, and she’d seen pups starve and die because of it, because of this life… her parents had tried their hardest, but she’d lost half her siblings over the course of a month and that was something she’d never wish upon anyone… so of course she’d helped. Besides that, they seemed respectful, and the type of wolves she could find herself hanging around. “I’m always game for a hunt.” She offered with a grin when asked as she glanced at Kerb. She’d never actually taken down any big game with him – it’d be fun!

Naira, the mate, the one she had yet to meet. That sounded good too and for that, she simply offered a nod.

(This post was last modified: Jan 12, 2017, 10:16 PM by Maera.)