(See All?) Announcements
504 Users Online
Google

Safe Harbor — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
To be honest, Ravenna did not quite exactly know what this 'yard' was that she escaped from. Maybe it was another word for a kind of territory, or perhaps it was something she did not know because she had never seen before, like those who had been to Torbine mentioning something called an 'ocean' or 'island'. But it was simple enough put that she merely had gotten lost from the place which she had lived and found this place by chance alone. Wherever she was from, using the term 'escaped' could only mean certainly she was happier here.

"Well for what it's worth, I'm happy your here. I'm sure Sven even more so." She couldn't help the smirk on her lips from this. She did not know if they were to become an item or not, but she at least knew that the pair were close, which was good. After all, Sven had a way with rubbing wolves the wrong way or him being just flat out abandoned. He needed someone good and someone he could trust in life, other then herself of course.

Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

After telling Ravenna where she had come from before the lore she waited to see what would come after. She was a little surprised no questions were asked and no shocked expression. Leotie was just fine with that as humans were hard to describe in a way that could really be understood. As for her life before she would rather just forget it. It had been so long since she'd thought about it that she knew she loved living her life as it was now. There had been it's ups and downs with hardships she didn't know if she would get through but she loved living as a wild wolf and not a pet.

“Thank you Ravenna that means a lot and I'm happy to be here too.” Leotie was more than happy to have a home again with wolves that had accepted her and helped her. “I think he is too and I'm glad he's back safe.” All those months of worrying about him and wondering what had happened to him. “I was lost after what happened at the draw and he found me and brought me here. What would have happened to me if he hadn't come.”

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Sven had saved her. That much was sure about the way which Leotie spoke of him. It brought a smile to Ravenna's face, knowing that the pair were close, ether romantically or not. Ravenna didn't question it. She liked the young woman, though did not think they were quite on that level of conversation. If anything, she would poke and prod her nephew for the details later. They still had to get through winter fine before they needed to be thinking about spring's affairs.

"I'm sorry for what happen to you in the Draw. Kerberos was vague when he told me, things seemed tense last I visited and I don't know why. Haven't seen any of them around since..." She still did know know that the female who had led there was enemies of the Archers, had wished them no longer to befriend them. She figured something had gone wrong, but it had not been her place. Now, as she had become the second, the pups were born, and now Enoki seemed to be taking a break, Ravenna had more sway when it came to getting answers and making the decisions. "But that's their loss. Your one of us now." She speaks, bumping Leotie on the shoulder playfully.
(This post was last modified: Nov 17, 2017, 05:54 PM by Ravenna.)

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Leotie would never forget what Sven had done for her both finding her in the woods and saving her the previous spring. Now that she was in Willow Ridge and she was recovering well it was time for her to move on. Make the ridge her home and prove her loyalty to the wolves who lived there. Her anger had diminished but she didn't know if she would ever be able to forgive but she would never forget what had been done to her.

“I am too but even though it ended badly for me my time there helped me. What did Kerb say? If you don't mind my asking?” Leotie didn't know if it was any of her business or if Ravenna would want to share but maybe it would give her some answers to hear Kerbs side of things. As for how tense things were Leotie didn't have to think about sharing what she knew. Her loyalty was to the ridge now. “I feel it would be because of Naira, I spoke to Treyah after coming to visit Enoki and find Sven. She said that her mother hadn't been herself when she banished me,” she explained. The agouti woman still wasn't sure what to think of it but as far as she knew Naira was still in the draw which could be bad for Willow Ridge, “We must be cautious of the draw as long as she is there,” Leotie warned.

Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Leotie, as expected she might, would question what Kerberos had said to her about her having left the pack. Ravenna didn't mind giving up the answer, what little she had of one. "Nothing much..." she first commented honestly. "Only that there was a disagreement and that you were banished from the pack due to insubordination." It hadn't been much of an explanation on Kerberos part but Ravenna didn't have much room to push the manner given the fact that it had to do with his packs politics.

Then Leotie went on to explain what she felt about it and that the woman there known as Naira didn't seem to take too kindly to Willow Ridge if they were supposed to be now cautious of the Draw. Ravenna would put this to mind and agreed so with a nod of her head, though didn't put too much thought into it other than that. There was really no reason now for her or anyone else to have to go visit that pack anymore and if they had no intention of being friendly with them that would be even more reason to avoid that area.

Turning her attention away from the woman at her side for a moment she took to looking over the small stream of water they had come across leading to a shallow pool. Within, fish were trapped here just three or four it seemed in the murky water. Perhaps stuck due to the lowering of the water levels from the change of the season. What luck! A simple meal would do them good.

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

She couldn't deny her curiosity over what Kerbs reason for her banishment was so she'd asked Ravenna. The woman's answer made it clear that she had not been told the truth or Kerb didn't even know the reason she'd been banished. Leotie didn't want the medic to think that she was bitter or still angry about it all so she didn't add what she believed. Though she did worry about one thing, “Does what he said cause you to worry that I may be insubordinate here in the willows?” While she felt that she hadn't been hearing of another wolf's insubordination could cause worry amongst her new pack and she needed Ravenna to know that she didn't have to worry.

Being with the draw had kept her from telling the willow wolves of the dislike or hate that Naira had toward them. She'd been loyal to the draw until the end but now her loyalty was to Willow Ridge so she felt it her duty to tell them, to protect them from any harm that could come to them if they went to the draw. If Naira truly was out of her mind then there was no telling what she would do especially after making up reasons to banish Leotie. The ridge was already small enough, they didn't need any friction between other packs to cause them more trouble.

The agouti woman's attention went to the stream as they came upon it. They seemed to he having some luck as there were a few fish trapped in a small, shallow pool. They would he easy to catch without much exertion on either of them. “I don't think we can pass this opportunity up," she said turning to Ravenna.

Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
"No not really..." She spoke honestly to the other woman's question, Who held some concern that Ravenna might judge her based on the judgement of another Pack's leader. "I'll be the one to judge on that." She assured Leotie, a smirk toying at her features. If Naira didn't care for the members of Willow Ridge it could have been easily said that Naira had kicked Leotie out because she did not like how she befriended them. Ravenna felt like her present company did not seem the anarchy type. She was not aggressive and dominant in the manner Sven was, nor as troublesome and full of himself as Skoll. She seemed level-headed, loyal and true to her word. Ravenna had no reason not to trust she would prove a worthy member to the ranks.

"Not a chance!" She spoke then about the fish they had come across, her tail lifting high and waving like a banner behind her. "Stay on that end and I'll run them to you." She waited for a few minutes for the other woman to ready herself before charging into the shallow pool, snapping at fish fins. Ravenna was not at all experienced with fishing, but perhaps Leotie would be better off with catching.

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

She was moving on from what had happened in the past but she worried that what Kerb had said would lead Ravenna to not trust her. She was relieved when the medic stated that it didn't and she would be the judge. That agouti woman felt that she didn't have anything to worry about since she'd always been a good subordinate. “I don't think you will be disappointed,” she stated confidently. She would do well in Willow Ridge, that was important to Leotie. She wanted this to be the last pack that she joined and she wanted to help build it back up to what it once was.

It would be easy pickings getting the fish out of the shallow pool. All she and Ravenna had to do was work together. A smile crossed her face at the medics words, ”Excellent,” she responded before she gave a nod as she was told to stay on her end. Leotie prepared herself to catch the fish as they came to her, “I'm ready,” she told Ravenna just a moment before the woman was sending them her way. When the first in came close enough to her she aimed and grabbed jaws wide before clamping down on the slippery body. With a firm grip she tossed it onto dry land.

Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Excuse me while I think Rav and Leotie's relationship is already reminding me of Ele and Enoki's.

Leotie's words wouldn't go unnoticed even after they happened upon the fish. Ravenna hadn't known the woman for too long, but in Ravenna's honest opinion it seemed that the woman was generally interested in having a forever home, not exploring the world. There could always be a happy medium in this, too. Just because you were a pack wolf didn't mean you were trapped in one place forever. There were scouting missions wolves could take, group gatherings with allies and so forth...

Leotie caught a fish quickly, grabbing it and tossing it onto dry land where it could flip and flop uselessly until it would finally die. Ravenna figured maybe she could catch herself one too in the process. With a sudden burst of energy forward, Ravenna reached out for one of the large silvery gray fish and snagged it around the middle of its backside. Her mouth poured with water from the sides as she lift her head from the shallow pool, the large fish jerking violently to the point where it caused Ravenna's head to jerk around with it. Its tail 'wagging' back and forth and slapping Ravenna in the cheek all the while. Ravenna was both frustrated with the fish and happy with her accomplishments, which showed in the waving of her tail. She had tried catching fish a time or two before, though had not been quite successful. She was proud of herself and it showed further as she hoped back onto dry land, crushing down on the fishes spine and settling the fish down with a smile on her features as she turned to Leotie.

Already the pair had caught two fish and two more remained. Ravenna turned back to the shallow pool again, stomping and snapping to get the fish rushing from her and towards Leotie. Being of a decent ten to fifteen pounds, Ravenna figured the the few members within her ranks would eat good today.

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys
That's sweet!

Two times before Leotie had thought she'd found places that she could call home after getting lost and ending up in the lore. The more she thought about her life and how things had happened she believe Oak Tree Bend to have been her starting point, the place where she learned to live in this world. Charred Ash Draw was supposed to have been the end of the line, no other pack for her but now she believed it to be an important lesson she'd needed to learn. No matter what any wolf in her past said Leotie believed she'd always been a good subordinate. She would be that in Willow Ridge and she would make it her last home. At least that was what she hoped but she remembered feeling the same about the draw.

There was plenty of time later to reflect on her life later. Her focus now was in the fish in the shallow pool and helping Ravenna to catch them. Leotie had fished like this many times in the past so it wasn't a difficult task for her to pull the fish out of the water as Ravenna sent them her direction. She was reminded of the first time she'd tried to fish and how badly it had gone for her but in the space of time since then she had greatly improved. Her ears caught the sound of the dish flopping against the bank once it had landed there. The agouti woman was now focused on the medic as she took her turn in catching a fish of her own. “Great job!” She told the woman once she'd finished the fish of. Leotie could see how proud she was at herself and believed Ravenna should be, fish weren't the easiest pretty to catch.

With two more fish in the pool they still had some work that needed to be done but if they each took one it wouldn't take them long. Ravenna used the same tactic to get the fish to Leotie's end of the pool and once again the agouti woman took her aim in with jaws parted dove for the fish that she'd chosen. This time her head dipped below the water before she pulled it up fish wiggling in her closed jaws. Just as before she tossed her fish and it landed with a small thud close to where the other two were. Then she turned back to the pool, “Your turn,” she said with a smile before sending the last fish in Ravenna's direction by splashing with her paws and snapping at the fish.