574 Users Online
Bing, Leo, Google

Give It Up for Fame
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Silver
@Naia for you :)

Silver was hoping to find a nice meal in the caches. Sniffing around the den she came across a small little left over rabbit. It was enough for her at the moment. Chewing on it and eating what was left she smelt a new wolf. It made her tail raise a bit in dominance. Unsure why she let it rest down. Her ears searched for any sounds, nothing but her nose got a scent. "Show yourself. I won't bite, maybe. We're all family here." it was true.

Wagging her tail to show she was friendly Silver also forced a smile on her face. Even if her muzzle hurt from the scratches of a bobcat. Sniffing the air it was certainly a Pitch Pine wolf but they hadn't been her as long as she had. Meaning her rank was now something she had to hold on tight to. Just like everything else she had. Silver would keep a tight grip on everything now. Nothing would slip from her grasp. Even if it meant being a total bitch.

To her this was her land. And all the new members of the Trail could kiss her ass if they didn't like it. Let's just hope that this one was nice and wouldn't push her buttons. The last thing she needed was a rude and obnoxious wolf pushing her buttons. Maybe it was Silvers' tiredness that was making her think so rude but it was all true. Not a bit of it was a lie.

table by Whisper

Played by Alace who has 323 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina

♦♦♦♦♦
Naia had been sniffing at the meager remains of her latest catch before the strange wolf entered the den. She had left the pieces of rabbit in the pack’s cache thinking that a hungry member of her family might happen by and enjoy it, but it appeared that the meal had gone untouched all day. In fact, the scents of her packmates that usually hung thick in the air of the den had gone slightly stale, and Naia had to wonder where everyone had gone. She hadn’t smelled her alpha, Shade, on Pitch Pine Trail property in nearly a week, which was worrisome. It didn’t make sense for the pack’s leader to go travelling with his pack so new and his pups still so small. The fact that other pack wolves were missing offered some comfort to Naia though—perhaps they had gone with Shade and would protect him on his mission, wherever he was.

The young wolf was distracted from this train of thought when she heard scuffling at the entrance of the den. She scurried to the back of the dugout, flattening herself against the floor in a survival reflex. She knew that she would not remain hidden for long, but at least this way Naia could see and assess the stranger before the other wolf saw her and did the same. In the back of her mind Naia knew that a packmate meant her no harm, but for a slight wolf like herself it was always better to err on the side of caution.

A wolf as black as midnight entered the den, sniffing at the kill just as Naia had moments ago. In no time at all the shadowy stranger detected Naia, requesting that she show herself. She even smiled in a forced effort to appear pleasant, but Naia could tell that her companion was not in the best of moods. Doing as she was bid, the tawny wolf took a few steps forward with her tail tucked submissively and what she hoped was a friendly expression on her face. ”I sure hope not,” she said in response to the strange female’s remark that she wouldn't bite. ”I was barely able to defend myself from that rabbit.” Naia had been small all of her life, and she often made jokes about her own size. ”You’re the Scout,” she commented as she caught the strange wolf’s scent. ”I recognize your smell from our border markers.” A genuine smile lit up her features, and she took another few steps forward in interest.

♦♦♦♦♦
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]
Inactive Deceased
Silver
Silver smiled at her new companion. Giving a soft wag of her tail she replied to the younger ones' joke "Well you seem nice, so you surly will be fine with me." lifting her body from the ground she took a step towards the girl. The scar under her eye and the scratches on her muzzle possible gave her a more, mean look. Her golden eyes looked over the smaller individual. "Ah yes, you are so very right. And what is it you wish to do for our pack? By the way my name is Silver." she nodded her head. Taking in the scent of the other she would keep it in memory. Just in case something happened.

Her tail kept a small wag to it. She waited for the other answer to her question. Silver kept her head high but her tail down. Not to much dominance would be shown but there certainly would be some shown. Silver wasn't alpha but she sure held pride when meeting the lower. It was just something that she did. Maybe it had been because she felt more power now that she was with a pack and in a 'higher' ranking position than this she-wolf? Or it might have just been something she carried from her father. His dominate and strong willed genes might have been carried over to her. Even though she thought she was more of her mothers' soft and caring side, Silver did have quiet a few mean streaks in her. It just took the right person to set her off.
Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina

♦♦♦♦♦

The tawny girl mirrored her companion’s expression as the dark wolf smiled at her, relieved that the joke was a success. Relieving tension was a job often left to the lower ranking wolves in her birthpack, so Naia had quite a lot of practice. As the strange female came closer, Naia noticed a deep scar trailing under one eye and several other scars crisscrossing her muzzle. The young female tensed slightly at the sight, but then relaxed at the dark wolf’s reassuring words, ”you seem nice, so you surly will be fine with me”. Just from her cursory glance it seemed to Naia that the scar under her eye was older than those on her muzzle, indicating that the wolf before her had partaken in at least two brutal encounters. Naia suppressed a shudder, wondering if the life of a scout was always so violent or whether this female had just been unlucky.

”Silver,” she echoed, her honey eyes alight with fascination. ”I am Naia. It is such an honor to meet the pack’s Scout.” She said it almost reverently, as if she was a young girl meeting her favorite celebrity. Finally, someone who had the answers to all the questions that had been swirling around in her mind since she joined Pitch Pine Trail! Here was a wolf Naia could easily talk to all day, as long as she could stand the questions of course. Silver seemed like the type who could get annoyed with chatter, so Naia made the mental note to ask the important questions first.

”I am content serving the pack in any way I can be of use..” she began, giving the answer that would be most politically correct. She stepped closer to finish the sentence, as if it were a secret, ”..But my true desire would be to serve as a Scout.” Hastily, she added, ”Someday, I mean.” She wanted to give Silver no indication that she was trying to usurp her position. The young wolf was happy to wait for Silver to rise in the ranks before trying for the Scout position, if that was what it took to keep the peace. ”It just seems so.. free.. running wild like the wind, exploring beyond the Trail’s borders, clandestine meetings with all of Relic’s most famous, and infamous..” Naia snapped her mouth shut then, realizing that she was starting to babble. Her ears flattened in embarrassment, and she finished sort of lamely, “It’s probably nothing like that though, is it?”

♦♦♦♦♦
Inactive Deceased
Silver

Silver listened to the girls words carefully. Naia seemed like a good scout or hunter. Sitting down she offered the girl a real smile. She already like the newbie of Pitch Pine Trail. "You're right, it's nothing like that...It's way more exciting!" she laughed a bit before continuing to speak. "You get to meet new wolves and see new things. I just recently returned from a trip, if you wish I can tell you about it?" her tail now wagged a bit. Pushing the now clean rabbit carcass she waited for the younger one to either grow interest in her or leave before Silver started to blabber off.

"Oh and don't worry about blabbering off, I sometimes do that myself." Silver let out another light laugh. She couldn't help but feel relaxed around Naia. The girl would bring no harm to Silver, as she had already proven so. "Maybe if you want to wait for me to be done with my job as a scout in the mean time you could be a hunter? Just a thought." she nodded her head as if to agree with herself. The younger wolf could be a hunter. Naia had the build to do so with her small build, which might make it easier to chase after prey. Her tail kept a simple wag to it making sure that Naia completely understood she mean't no harm. The pack could have two scouts. In fact it might do the pack some good too. Get more jobs done with more scouts.

PITCH PINE Trail
TEMPLATE © NDA OF RCR & RPG-D
Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina

♦♦♦♦♦

As soon as Naia mentioned Silver's work, she saw a genuine smile grace her scarred muzzle. Here was a wolf who loved her job, which excited Naia all the more. ”Yes, please!” she replied to the older female's offer to recount her trip. She could barely get the words out fast enough. Naia's enthusiasm must have been contagious, because her companion had transformed before her eyes. She was now laughing and wagging her tail, happy to promote her way of life to an eager young wolf. She naturally had a sort of shimmer to her pelt, but now she seemed to be glowing with enthusiasm.

Naia gave a bark of laughter herself at Silver's comment about blabbering off. That was certainly reassuring, considering how often she tended to chatter. She cocked her head at Silver's suggestion, nodding thoughtfully when she was finished speaking. ”I do enjoy hunting small prey, and it's even more fun when the pups accompany me.” Teaching the little ones to hunt had been a fullfilling profession for Naia in her birth pack, but now she felt called to something different. New pack, new name, new position..

”I thought I might ask about filling in for your border patrol while you're away on missions.” It didn't make any sense to Naia to leave the border vulnerable when the only scout was away on important business. ”It would be great if you could show me a thing or two about scouting. And of course I would love to hear your stories.” The tawny wolf lowered herself onto the cool den floor, getting comfortable in preparation for Silver's tale.

♦♦♦♦♦
Inactive Deceased
Silver
Death does not scare me,
Silver Shadow
A life without them scares me...

Silver was more then happy to work with someone. "Feel free to ask Ms. Naia. I'm sure they would allow two of us. You have a very smart head on your shoulders for having such thoughts too. Oh and about my story. Let me begin." Having an almost sly grin on her face she slid down to her stomach to lay down. The cold ground granted her with a refreshing burst of energy.

"I'll start at the meadows. Now the meadows is over that big mountain we live next to. It's a beautiful place. Tall grass, it sounds as if someone is blowing a whisper of air through the place, but don't be fooled by the beauty. Danger lies in every corner. I'll get to that part shortly though. You see the meadows seem to be even ground yet there are burrows and dips in the ground. Animals hide within the tall grass too! Some you may try to hunt, but others you may try to avoid. How else would I have gotten these scratches on my muzzle?" Pausing to show the girl Naia her marks she smiled and caught her breath from rambling on about her trip to hush meadows. Opening her jaw to continue she stopped herself and eyes Naia's face. "I'm not boring you to death with my bad story about my trip to Hush Meadows am I?" Silver laughed softly. Yes, Naia was certainly a keeper.

Text "Speech" Thoughts

258 Words

Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina

♦♦♦♦♦

Naia beamed as the older wolf complimented her thoughtfulness. Having the pack scout’s approval for her idea was crucial to it’s success—the last thing she wanted to do was cause unrest within the pack’s ranks. As a particularly undersized wolf, Naia knew she was unlikely to win if she fought in a formal rank challenge. If she became a scout, the only way for her to hold onto the position would be to simply be the best at it. It was a challenge that she was fully prepared to face, and it excited Naia that she had just met a wolf who could help her.

Silver began her story, describing a meadow that lay beyond the Mountain where Naia remembered meeting the cranky wolf several months ago. The tawny wolf’s ears perked up as she heard the word ”danger,” and then fell again in disappointment at “I’ll get to that part shortly”. Naia loved a good story, and Silver was clearly an expert at weaving tales. Her golden eyes widened as Silver showed off her scars, and then they took on a strange, faraway look as Naia began imagining the fight between Silver and the mysterious hole-dwelling creature. Her storyteller must have noticed, because she paused dramatically at that moment to ask Naia if she should continue.

”No,no! Please keep going!” Naia’s head popped up in distress at the idea the Silver might stop the story. ”If the meadows are so dangerous, why were you there? Were you on a mission?” Naia wondered if perhaps Silver was the sort of wolf who looked for danger just for the sheer fun of it. If she was, the two of them would probably get along.

♦♦♦♦♦
Inactive Deceased
Silver
Let me stayWhere the wind will whisper to me...Where the raindrops, as they’re falling, tell a story

Silver nodded her head on continuing the story. "Of course I was on a mission! I was willing to accept the dangerous mission Shade gave me. The weather was rough and so was the terrain to get to the meadows, but I kept fighting through like a raging wildfire!" The dark female made her voice big and strong. She was exaggerating but the younger one didn't need to know that, because in Naias' mind this was an action movie. That's just what Silver wanted her to believe too.

"Now here comes the danger. I was minding my own business until...I came across a BOBCAT! He was a big one, long sharp claws, big black eyes too! If I didn't know better I would've thought he was a monster. We started growling and fighting each other. I got the first and the last hit. Though he did hit me pretty good. The damn bugger got me on the paw and my muzzle. But I did teach him not to mess with the wolves of Pitch Pine Trail." Silver laughed before rolling over on her back. Though once she had her fill of laughing she looked over to Naia. "I got another story too, it's more personal but I'm willing to share it." She gulped down the clump in her throat before speaking again. "It's the story about the scar under my eye." Even though the woman knew it would be a hard story to tell (sense it was the death of her father) she would tell it just so Naia knew real danger was anywhere, even in your family.

Words: 294 || Tags: @Naia || Notes: <3
Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina

♦♦♦♦♦

Naia nodded earnestly, her respect for Silver growing with every word she spoke. Although the mission was dangerous, the dark female had accepted Shade’s commission without hesitation. Naia hoped that she would be a brave and loyal scout as well. She knew also that Silver and Shade must share a deep bond of trust—Shade must rely on Silver to complete and important mission, and Silver must have faith in Shade that the task he charges her with is worth the danger. In Naia’s mind Silver was still fighting through a hurricane raging through the meadow when the older wolf introduced the danger She inched closer to her storyteller, and then she jumped back as Silver yelled “BOBCAT!” She giggled a little bit at her own reaction, but continued to let herself be wrapped up in the thrilling story.

Naia barked triumphantly as the bobcat met its demise, laughing with Silver as she finished the story. It was funny to think that the happy, laid-back wolf rolling around on her back was the same warrior who defeated a vicious wildcat. As the two of them settled down, Silver took on a more serious look, and Naia cocked her head as the dark female spoke. ”Okay,” she replied to Silver’s offer, stealing another look at the scar under her eye. It looked older than the others on her face. Her curiosity was certainly piqued. What was the origin of the mark, and why was the story emotional for Silver? Naia wondered if she was about to learn something about the scout’s past, perhaps even before Relic Lore. ”It wasn’t another bobcat, then?” she asked, prompting Silver to begin the story.

♦♦♦♦♦

OOC|| Hey @Silver, I hate that this has been a loose end for so long. Since it's pretty backdated, what do you think about just finishing it off? It doesn't need much-- perhaps just a "well that can be a story for another time, see ya later" from Silver. ||
(This post was last modified: Jan 08, 2014, 07:15 PM by Naia.)