(See All?) Announcements
424 Users Online
Google, Baidu, Bing

Of Dire Consequence — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Silvia who has 74 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Neoma Flint
It was all because she wanted to clear her head that had Neoma escaping to the mountain tonight. Her chest had been feeling tight and she could barely stand being within the borders much longer before the feeling of wanting to run away eclipsed her heart, sending her to what was becoming one of her favorite haunts on the mountains. She had visited it once before, only to meet another dark female and converse with her for a short while. Yet the view drew her back and tonight, it didn’t disappoint when colors danced across the sky. What beauty it held, had Neoma cared for it.

Now though, she hoped no one would join her as her body flopped down on the ledge and she huffed in annoyance. Really, she should just not go back to the pack. There was no loyalty to any of them and there was only one she liked enough to stay anyway. Yet even her blossoming feelings for him couldn’t itch the scratch that wanted to make her keep moving, to make her paws keeping walking on and never turn back.

Not to mention the disgraceful act she had held with K’arnae and her dismal appeal with her. Had she simply lost her touch? Had something gone so awry since joining the pack that she no longer had the confidence or skill she once had? @Anouke surely was doing better than her! It made her feel shame at the mere thought of it. The boy was everything she looked for in a mate, had the same beliefs as her and admittedly, he wasn’t hard on the eyes either.

Oh how she wished she knew where he was, so they could talk...

Table by PuppyThief
STOCK: vivstock @ DA, BrokenWing3dStock @ DA & Dawnthieves.de

Played by Melorama who has 101 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Anouke Khasekhemre
@Neoma I'm scared ,-,

The Dark Hellion had been travelling for days, not wanting to delay his mission. His travels had taken him through the Ghastly Woods, but as there was a pack in there, he had taken a detour and made his way further around, ending up in The Wildwood, where he rested for the night, before changing his course, passing through Bramble Falls until he had reached the base of the Mountain of Dire. It had only taken him two full days and one and a half nights until his large, isabelline paws touched down upon the rocky surface that steadily grew into one of the largest mountains for hundreds of miles around. He was intent of climbing up as far as he needed to, where he would meet with the Dark She-wolf and tell her of his triumph in completing his mission that she ordered him to do successfully.

Making his way carefully but quickly up the steep mountainside, he could feel all the rocks and sharp edges underneath the pads of his paws, but from almost two years of constantly moving around, the skin had toughened until he felt it, but the skin did not break and split into sores like they had done so in his younger years. He has a hardened wolf in many ways, physically and mentally, and he was always challenging himself to further his prowess and skill, and he would never give up on something once he had set his mind on it. That was just the wolf he was, and that meant he was good at being what his kind were set out to do.

Arriving onto a flatter piece jutting out slightly from the mountainside, Anouke was surprised to hear a huff and a soft thud, like the sound of a body flopping onto the ground. Raising his eyebrows, he looked around, his bright amber gaze searching, until they landed on the shape of a darkly furred wolf, and his face split into a smirk. Raising his head and shoulders with practiced ease, the Dark Hellion padded purposefully over to the Dark She-wolf, stopping when he was just out of touching distance, looking down at her body resting on the ledge.

“Neoma… I have done as you asked, your orders have been completed successfully.”

381 Words

I do it because I can,
I can because I want to,
I want to because you made me.
Inactive No Rank
Neoma Flint
Somehow, Neoma wasn’t surprised when Anouke did appear. Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Or however the saying went as Neoma simply stayed in her spot for a few more moments, eyes cast out to the sky. Why was she delaying speaking with Anouke? Was it jealousy that made her do it, because of him doing something successful while she simpered away her time in a pack life she didn’t want? Because he seemed to be doing far better than she had been over the months? Yet she let none of this show to him.

Finally rolling her neck, Neoma glanced up at the hellion above her, as if almost bored.

“Have you now?” She tilted her head as she stood up, her flaxen eyes roaming over Anouke. He held on injuries, which pleased her and the words that he had taken action against her brother made her proud. But she wasn’t going to show him. Not yet. “Tell me, did he beg and whimper? Did he stand and fight, or attempt to escape the fate given to him?” She hoped he tried to run, because that’s how she knew her brother. As nothing more than a coward.

For reasons it shouldn't do, it brought her great joy to know her brother had been wounded in such a way that would prolong the pain. There had never really been a great love born between the siblings, for whatever reason. Neoma simply disliked wolves like Rayne, who grew large and could do plenty of things well but chose to hide behind shyness and meekness. It sickened her.

Yet something stirred in her. What would Ace think if he learnt of what she had done to her brother? It hurt her somehow, thinking of the disgust on his face once he found out. Surely he’d understand? Closing the gap between them, Neoma leant against Anouke’s side as she stared back at the sky while lost deep in thought. Ace was a floating point in her life, dancing in and out of it whenever. They hadn’t spoken in quite some time and she missed how easy it had been to play with him when they first met.

And yet, Anouke was a solid to her. He had come back to her after months of not even knowing where he was and his unwavering ‘loyalty’ to her made him follow through with her orders though they were far apart.

In the end, who would captivate her heart?

Table by PuppyThief

Played by Staff who has 4,813 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive V. Subordinate
Anouke Khasekhemre

The Dark She-wolf was silent for a few moments, but his eyes never left her, and she finally turned her head to glance up at him, a look of boredom upon her face. As she spoke, her head tilted up and slowly, she stood up, her pale yellow eyes roaming over his body, and he felt as if he was being scanned under her gaze. Anouke did not respond to her question, but instead kept silent, until she asked something that she actually wanted an answer for, and one that he would not mind answering, for he would rather not needlessly talk, as the tri-coloured female had reminded him of his old ways.

His dark ears twitched as she spoke again, the smirk on his face widening as he played over the fight again. He had not attempted to run away, but the satisfaction of causing him great pain made up for it. Raising his eyes to meet hers, he half-nodded. “The coward, sadly, did not turn tail and attempt to flee, but instead tried to stand up to me. Even so, I struck him once, biting down upon his leg, breaking the bone and he fully surrendered to me, whimpering and asking meaningless questions.” It was pitiful, really, seeing him lie there on his back, whimpering and acting like the coward he was.

Keeping silent, letting her work through his words, he glanced around at the darkened features, glancing up at the moon that hung in the sky among the thousands of stars overhead, basking the two dark wolves in a ghostly silver glow. Struck with a sudden thought, Anouke looked back at Neoma, eyebrows raising infinitesimally. “So tell me, how have you fared in gaining any followers?” He himself had gotten at least one definite wolf, but the other he was not so sure about, and he was slightly curious as to how many she had found.

319 Words

I do it because I can,
I can because I want to,
Inactive No Rank
Neoma Flint
Neoma snorted lightly, shaking her head. ”Pathetic fool.” She sneered lightly.

Upon his question, Neoma went silent and stayed that way for a few moments. Eventually she spoke. “I joined a pack over winter and haven’t had much time to scope out any potential wolves without drawing any attention to myself.” Her words were slow and carefully spoken but said with an undertone of warning that dared him to not ask any questions. Why she spoke like this might confuse Anouke a little, for there was also a hint of anger in them. Neoma hated the feeling within herself that she had been so forgetful about finding any more followers. The shame and guilt weighed heavily in her chest and toiled hungrily in her stomach. Then she remember K’arnae, the woman who knew Anouke and though she was loathed to admit it, she forced herself to speak.

”Though there is one who knows you apparently. A wolf by the name K’arnae. What do you think of her?” If Anouke ever found out what she had done, how badly she had messed up with the beige female, then would he stay by her?

The mountain winds soon drew the scent of something to them yet Neoma frowned at the smell. The smell of lynx and deer. Never a good combination. Without pausing to give him direction, Neoma discerned the direction the scent was coming from and was making her way towards it quickly. Perhaps it would distract her enough from the thoughts that Anouke might question her further over K’arnae and that she might spill everything that had happened between them. It wasn’t fear that drove her. It couldn’t be.

Could it?

Table by PuppyThief

Inactive V. Subordinate
Anouke Khasekhemre

Anouke Inwardly agreed at the Dark She-wolf’s words. Rayne was a pathetic, sniveling coward, and even though he possessed the strength to match most wolves, he hid behind others, using them like shields to protect himself from the smallest of dangers. It disgusted him, and made him feel like ripping him apart, limb from limb, while enjoying it greatly. Some wolves may think of him as a sadist, someone who took pleasure from inflicting pain and agony on others, but that was not the case. No, depending on the circumstances, he did not always feel exultant about inflicting pain on another, unless if it was a punishment that they deserved, or a wolf who had grated on his nerves to the point that he snapped, which thankfully, did not happen very often.

Glancing back at Neoma as she spoke once more, his right eyebrow raised again at her words and tone of use which clearly told him not to ask any questions. In his past he would have ignored the little telltale signs and gone ahead asking questions, but he knew when not to cross the line, and for now he would keep silent, but soon, very soon he would find the answers that he was searching for, even if he had to cross that invisible line.

Curious, the Dark Hellion stared at Neoma for a second. She had met the tri-coloured female? Or K’arnae as she called her. It was a fitting name for her, but he didn’t mind either way, a name was just something to call another, and were not specifically needed for survival, but it was nice to know who he was dealing with. “The one with the wide variety of colours in her pelt and does not say much? Yes, I have met her, twice, in fact, and I think she would be a valuable asset to us.”

He had barely finished speaking when the mountainous winds brought along with it the scent of lynx and deer, and before he could even look at Neoma, she had already started to pad in its direction, seemingly without a second thought. Shrugging internally, Anouke followed quickly after her, catching up with her dark figure, and together, they made their way silently over to the carcass, and luckily, the lynx was nowhere to be seen or smelled. Glancing at Neoma, he motioned slightly with his dark muzzle, as if inviting her to take the first bite. He was not necessarily being courteous, just showing that he had not forgotten their previous encounter, and that he still respected her greatly.

431 Words

I do it because I can,
I can because I want to,
Inactive No Rank
Neoma Flint
Neoma heard him agree that yes, he had meet K’arnae though it was obvious the name was something new for him. She bristled slightly when he commented that she would be a valuable asset to them yet she forcibly calmed herself as they finally found the carcass. It was tucked amongst the rocks, half eaten and without any other predators nearby. ”Yes, that’s her.” She answered curtly.

”And what makes you think she is a valuable asset to us?” Neoma paused just before the carcass, staring at it as if studying it intently. She was waiting for Anouke’s thoughts on the woman before giving her own, though whether they would be truthful or not remained to be seen. Even if Anouke pressed her for what happened between the bi coloured female, Neoma felt that she would possibly lie to him and say they would have to wait and see what became of her.

Truthfully, Neoma hated the woman, at least for now. Yes, she could see how K’arnae could be a valuable asset to them but their previous meeting had been them on a very thin line that could change everything, depending on how their next possible meeting went. Something was happening to Neoma, something she didn’t like at all and she hated herself for it. She wanted to prove to Anouke she was just as capable as him in every way but if she couldn’t even find others to join them, what was the use of them staying together?

The motion of his muzzle had been noted and Neoma knew it wasn’t out of respect. A sudden pang of guilt? hit her when she remembered her position in the rank. Should she tell him? no. She told herself sourly, bending down and ripping a chunk of meat away from the carcass. Not unless I have to or he finds out by himself.

Table by PuppyThief

Played by Staff who has 4,813 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive V. Subordinate
Anouke Khasekhemre
@Neoma

The Dark Hellion noted the stiffening of the Dark She-wolfs figure as he spoke about K’arnae, and he raised a right eyebrow questioningly, but did not say anything. It seemed she held something against the tri-coloured female, and when she answered his query with a brusque voice, he confirmed it mentally. He did not know why Neoma felt that way towards his possible recruit, and he wanted to know, but he kept silent, knowing that she could turn deadly in the matter of a second. If she chose not to say why, then he wouldn’t ask, at least, not at that moment. At some point he would find out the answer, one way or another, even if he did have to challenge her authority again.

A thoughtful expression showed itself on Anouke’s devilishly handsome face at her query of why the other female could be useful to them. It was a fair question, and he would have asked the same if their roles had been reversed. Glancing at the Dark She-wolf, meeting her pale yellow eyes with his own bright amber eyes, he spoke in a confident and smooth voice, clearly stating that what he said was true. “K’arnae understands us more than any other wolves ever have. Her ways are much like ours, and she speaks little, and mostly only when spoken to. She values life and alliances like us, and is a creature of necessity, only doing what she needs to survive. Her pride is valued above what others think about her, and she also knows who is to be respected and who is not. She also deems me worthy of a… friendship, between two wolves who understand the other.”

Staring at Neoma, he challenged her to speak of any flaws that the tri-coloured female might have, before dropping his gaze and glancing at the deer carcass. He waited until she took the first bite, then lowered his own head and latching his jaws onto the meat, before ripping off a chunk of meat. It did not taste completely fresh, but it was delicious nonetheless, and so he ate it. One could not turn their nose up at food, and he had been taught to eat what was put in front of him. A sudden thought that entered his mind caused the Dark Hellion to briefly cease eating and glance at Neoma. “What is the name of the pack that you joined?”

404 Words

I do it because I can,
I can because I want to,