(See All?) Announcements
616 Users Online
Bing, Google

genesis — Daybreak Peaks 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 142 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adora Macieo

Adora was almost certain that she imagined the disappointment in Mika, because surely Mika didn't think about the Eagle Cub like a baby. Surely Adora was just...influenced by the tail end of spring and her capabilities to make life but having not. She wasn't ready anyway but...the eagle cub had been like a little taste of a family life. One where she could dote upon Mika and have the cub follow while she foraged.

Yes, she decided, that was far too cozy of a life than what she deserved right now.

But there was still Mika. There would always still be Mika in one way or another. Something Adora had come to realize with a mixture of anxieties that sprang up from realizing you did not want to lose someone.

Mama came to pick him up. Thanked us for babysitting and gave me the fish. It was a lie, a story, something to soothe herself and be lost in whimsy with her treasured one. It was nice, though, wasn't it? Or was it only Adora who imagined what a life with a little eagle bear cub to their duo might have been like?

Played by Van who has 64 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mika
Mika had no way of knowing that their own feelings on the matter were reciprocated, in some way. They hadn't even been able to participate in this year's season, and they were glad for it, because they couldn't imagine a little mini-Mika running around causing havoc while Mika struggled with... pretty much everything. But maybe... next year wouldn't be so bad. As long as Adora was around, things didn't seem nearly as insurmountable as they would if Mika were alone.

"How kind o' her," they said, offering their companion a small smile. Settling down, they waited on Adora to take the first bite, figuring they'd be passing the fish back and forth.

It was nice, though, wasn't it?

Face warming a little, Mika cleared their throat. "Yeah," they admitted quietly, glancing back up at her. "I don't think I'd mind, Y'know? In the future." Their ears felt hot. "If we come across another."