677 Users Online
Google, Bing

that's the spirit — Firefly Weir 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 556 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
@Hecate <3
would v much like this if we could wrap this up before i leave, so can we aim to have done before october 24 pls pls pls
Light drizzle (50°F, 10°C) @ dusk

When the lanky shadow had left the cover of the willow trees that consumed his home the sun had just begun its descent. The sky was thick with soft, gray-coloured clouds, the air much cooler now that summer was fading out. It came as a relief to the smudge, whose dark fur soaked up the heat like a sponge. The looming presence of the clouds also made it easier for the yearling to conceal himself in the shadows—which made it easier to hide from unwanted company.

As the newest additions to the Ridge family grew, Greer found himself becoming more distant from both his family and the pack. The overwhelming desire to explore pushed him away from the willows he had grown up with, but he was still unsure if it was the right time to leave. Greer worried that if he left now, with winter fast approaching, he would not be able to find another pack to take him in before winter was in full force. Last time the shadow prince ventured out into the snow he had disappeared for a few days and nearly froze to death… the thought caused a shiver to run down his spine and his pace to quicken. Unless he found something before actually making the decision to leave, Greer knew he could not leave until winter had come and gone. He did not want to be captured by winter’s frigid grasp one more…

Unsure of where he was going at first, it did not take long for the raven to realize he was heading in the direction of the lagoon. As the sun continued to lower the temperature dropped and the sky grew hazy. Misty rain fell from the clouds as he neared the edge of the water—it clung to his pelt as he moved with a haunting grace, his long legs carrying him quickly along the shore. Pursuing the lagoon seemed like a peculiar decision for the solitary creature, but it was not the openness of the beach that intrigued Greer. No—he was still in the pursuit of isolation. With quick steps the raven headed toward where the trees loomed over the edge of the water. Shooting a quick glance over his shoulders as he closed in on the secluded cove, the deer-like boy disappeared behind the tree branches with a sigh of relief. Giving his pelt a quick shake to rid himself of the raindrops that accompanied him, the boy folded against the ground with his tail tucked tightly against his body. At this point, the boy wasn’t sure if he was returning back to the Ridge tonight—which was not uncommon for Greer to spend a night (or two) away. As of right now he was at peace with being completely and utterly alone.

[Image: ZvqKvOV.png][Image: ah_by_a_yellow_bird-db6f40a.png]
Played by Poppin' who has 176 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hecate Liar
hecate liar
[Image: tumblr_mlgvgoWvy01r9rffqo2_540_zpskqbob1uc.jpg]

Though I'm weak
Beaten down
I'll slip away
Into the sound
The ghost of you
Is close to me
I'm inside out
You're underneath

Practically enveloped with dew, Hecate was constantly shaking her pelt. Her fur was messy and stringy, sticking out of any awkward angle. She was freezing, water drenching through her soft coat of warmth. Step after step, the wind chilled her already shaking body. The winter was dry, this was different kind of cold. Her mood was scraped and turned sour, a deeply cut frown adorning her muzzle. Her body was too cold to sleep in and she didn't know anyone with a den. She walked and walked until her paws met sand. But, she wasn't the only one here. Paw prints lead all the way down the shore line, being washed off somewhere fifty yards down. It had piqued her interest, setting forward to find the owner of the large prints.

She followed them until the waves had taken them. She stopped and leaned her shoulders forward, sniffing the ground gently. It smelled familiar, like wind and fresh grass. A face vividly popped up in her thoughts, the mercury eyes setting into place. "Greer?" She asked aloud, flicking her tail gently. He must be close, might even be hiding. "I missed you. Where 'ave you been?" She called out into the mist, already feeling awkward about the slightly emotional yell. "Won't you please reveal yerself?"

I'm a goner
Somebody catch my breath
I'm a goner
Somebody catch my breath
I wanna be known by you
I wanna be known by you

the armed queen
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
<3

Water continued to fall from the sky, disturbing the normally still surface of the lagoon. Luckily, the cove that kept Greer hidden from the outside world, was fairly dry, allowing him to enjoy the soothing sound without becoming too waterlogged. While the long-legged shadow appreciated the warmer months, he was particularly drawn to the more ‘gloomy’ weather; it made it easier for the assassin to hide in the shadows that birthed him. Autumn—along with early spring—were ideal. Winter, paired with the dreadful snow, made it difficult for him to hide, whereas summer (and the rising temperatures) irritated him. The gloom that came with the rain matched his demeanor, allowing him to be the most comfortable when the sky was leaking.

Through a heavy-lidded gaze, the slender yearling observed his surroundings, savouring the moment he had to himself. It was his first time at the cove, and it surely would not be the last—it was still within range of the Ridge, where he could be home in less than a day if needed, but it was still far away that it left the hustle and bustle of pack life far behind.

He had just begun to doze off when a familiar scent wafted in his direction, causing his mercury pools to widen immediately. A peculiar mixture of both excitement and displeasure had consumed him, causing his lips to tighten into a fine line. Hecate—she was as confusing as she was fascinating, and Greer was not so sure how to feel about her. There were times when he was alone that she would cross his mind, but he would quickly cast it aside. He did not like others possessing his thoughts… why was she so special?

To signal where he was Greer gave a loud woof as his silver pools sought out her location from where her scent originated from. She spoke once more, confessing that she had missed him—the shadow instantly flinched at her words, dumbfounded by the idea that anyone could actually miss him. However, it was… nice… nice to be missed. That’s how he was supposed to feel, right? “Greer stay, Hecate come here,” he called out after giving his head a quick shake, his speech soft and broken from lack of use. He would only move if the alabaster female absolutely could not find him, but for now he remained where he was. He was far too comfortable to leave his private cove.

Inactive No Rank
Hecate Liar
/Poppin whimpering in awe of the feels

hecate liar

Though I'm weak
Beaten down
I'll slip away
Into the sound
The ghost of you
Is close to me
I'm inside out
You're underneath

She waited for him to whisper back, beckoning the curious lynx forward. It was evident that she had her eyes on Greer, she wasn't very good at being subtle with her favorings and gestures. Hecate was afraid she had already scared him off- he seemed surely frightened the last time they met. He wasn't used used to the fire and she was closing in on him. She pricked her ears, smiling brightly. His voice echoed out onto the grainy terrain and across the lake. Her long nose reached the ground, sniffing the mystery-man out. She pawed at the cool sand, the lake water welling around her pads and dampening her body even further.

Her eyes caught the black pelt somewhere shifting between the leaves. He appeared to be laying down. She smiled brightly, eared pricked forward to full attention. "I've 'ound you." Hecate announced, cutting their distance with each long step. The beach was becoming less and less, the tree trunks skirting the ridges of the lake. The only way to get to him was to go through. She made minimalist movements as her legs became submerged even further- up to her forelegs. "Y'makin' me do a lot just for'a boy." She chuckled, only feet away. She brushed past the foliage beside him, hoping to turn around and face outward to the lake. Once settled, which was her laying down parallel to Greer with her chin resting on her paws, she invited him as always to a conversation. "How 'ave y'been. I haven't seen you in a while, thought y'to be dead."

I'm a goner
Somebody catch my breath
I'm a goner
Somebody catch my breath
I wanna be known by you
I wanna be known by you

(This post was last modified: Sep 26, 2015, 04:57 AM by Hecate.)
the armed queen
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
EEEEEEEEEEE <3 i will be quicker next time with response -- last weekend was birthday weekend and i have no time to post :(

It amused him to have someone seek him out—especially a wolf of the opposite gender—as it was something that the slender shadow was not accustom to. It seemed that most Ridge wolves were acquainted with Greer’s desire for solitude and respected his wishes. They only sought him out if they felt as though it was needed; otherwise they left him to his loner tendencies. This was part of the reason why the shadow prince was reluctant to search for another pack to call home—he had grown so comfortable to life in the Ridge and he wasn’t sure if he was ready to start over. Starting over meant he would have to be friendly and talkative—two traits that did not sit well with the selective mute.

There was also family—along with Hecate—that secured his position among the willows. Would he be able to muster up the courage to leave them? How would they react to his departure? He often argued with himself when these two questions reared their ugly heads. On one side, he did not care what they thought. It was his decision and his alone, and it could not--would not—be influenced by others. However, he had always been worried about upsetting (or disappointing) those close to him. Even though Greer was a loner at heart, he was still eager to please.

The shadow hated making decisions. It was so much easier to just do and not let his thoughts linger.

Her voice sounded once more, causing a soft smile to appear across his dark lips. Through narrowed brows he observed her as she settled down beside him. She was right—it had been some time since they had last seen each other. A flicker of concern appeared; he hoped she didn’t think he was avoiding her. With a soft roll of his shoulders the shadow allowed his gaze to return to the sleek surface of the lake as the corners of his lips twitched. “Greer not dead. Greer out and about. Wanted to see more,” he confessed with another shrug as his tongue settled briefly against the bottom of his mouth. “How Hecate?” He asked awkwardly, unsure if he was doing this ‘conversation thing’ right.

Inactive No Rank
Hecate Liar
AWE HECATE IS EMOTIONALLY CONFLICTED WITH HERSELF!!! XD

hecate liar

Though I'm weak
Beaten down
I'll slip away
Into the sound
The ghost of you
Is close to me
I'm inside out
You're underneath

He wasn't upset that she was laying there, and it was a larger step than she thought he would be able to take. A fluttering feeling began at her stomach and rose to her throat. It was the first time she had really enjoyed the presence of the opposite gender. A stuttering sigh escaped her as the nervous sensation began to subside. She was quite mature with herself at a young age, learning from her sister how to deal with boys. As a child, she hated them. They were everywhere and they all had cooties! But as the youth matured, they became interesting, appealing and beautifully vulnerable. While she was in her prime, it was all fun and games- but this, this feeling she had now? This was different.

Their fur intermingled, the white and black forming some sort of grey haze. So he had been exploring? She hoped he was being safe, he must have discovered every inch of Willow Ridge... and perhaps the lands around it. She smiled gently, starring up from her paws at his calm and serene face. "I been alright. Just, waitin' for what's next." The woman felt as if she was at a mental rut- therefor placing her in a physical one. "What's it like at th' den? Are th'young doing well?" She asked him, edging closer to his warm body.

I'm a goner
Somebody catch my breath
I'm a goner
Somebody catch my breath
I wanna be known by you
I wanna be known by you

(This post was last modified: Oct 04, 2015, 05:25 AM by Hecate.)
the armed queen
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
SCREAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! forcing poor boyfriend to watch netflix while i frantically respond to Grate omg ;__;

She. Was. So.

Close.

To. Him.

The shadow prince was unsure how to feel about this latest development, but the proximity of the alabaster female was all he could think about. Why was she so close to him, and why was he not bothered by it?! Frustrated with himself, his mercury gaze fell to where their fur met as a lump formed in his throat. It didn’t seem right, yet he did not shy away from the Liar. The thought of the opposite gender had never once crossed his mind growing up. He had always been a solitary creature and avoided both males and females like the plague—the idea of developing a friendship with anyone, let alone a girl, was never an option.

Redirecting his attention to her pear-coloured gaze as she spoke, Greer’s previous thoughts were temporarily subdued. “Hecate can’t just wait. Hecate has to make what happens next,” he responded with an encouraging thump of his tail. It was why the shadow assassin was so keen on exploring; he hated waiting around. “Den is loud and busy,” he answered quickly with a tone of annoyance before giving his head a shake. With a soft smile pressed against his lips, the shadow elaborated on his response: “Greer like pups; always growing. Sometimes too much, so Greer leave often.” He was acutely aware of the girl shuffling closer to him, closing the minimal distance that was between them. What was happening?! His thoughts screamed out at him, his silver pools only widening even more as he forced himself to focus his attention on the water. He did enjoy Hecate’s company—for whatever reason, she was the exception. He still preferred to be alone—always—but the ghost’s presence definitely was not awful. 

Inactive No Rank
Hecate Liar
hecate liar
[Image: tumblr_nm0amkmiiN1rw93m3o1_540.gif]

Though I'm weak
Beaten down
I'll slip away
Into the sound
The ghost of you
Is close to me
I'm inside out
You're underneath

She could feel his heart racing in beat with her own, the fur on her neck prickling pleasantly. This felt special to her, like it was only meant to be shared with his and her own thoughts. Was this what her parents felt years ago? Was this what Angier and Elettra held for each other? Hecate was getting ahead of herself- what if he didn't feel the same way? It was a good thing that he hadn't left yet- whenever Greer felt uncomfortable, he seemed to distance himself. His calm voice broke her away, saying something beautiful; a perfect distraction to her doubts. Hecate smiled, heart in her throat. He said other things about the den, but she was so caught up in the moment, she didn't fully register him. "I-" She choked out, eyes twinkling with admiration. "You... have no idea how long I been waitin' for someone to say that to me." For once, the ghost's voice has shaking. Why did nobody understand? Everybody had a lack of determination- sluggish and ineffective. You had to do something to get results. "I've been talkin' to some people, thinking about leaving here for some- bigger things." She raised a brow, hoping he would get the message. "And, y'been walkin' round for a reason. So, if you end up departin', I'll be with ye frequently... if thats alrigh' with you of course." He liked being alone, but wouldn't it be so much better if they were alone together?

I'm a goner
Somebody catch my breath
I'm a goner
Somebody catch my breath
I wanna be known by you
I wanna be known by you

the armed queen
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
<3____<3 so much heart eyes. also, figured the lyrics were fitting ;)

I don't know where you're going

But do you got room for one more troubled soul?

This was weird… not a bad weird, but not a good weird either. It wasn’t that he was uncomfortable—he was just too incredibly awkward to understand what was happening. Solitude had been his go-to—his sole friend—for so long that it was odd to encounter someone that actually wanted to spend time with him. Someone aside from his mother. Since the arrival of his new siblings Greer had spent even more time alone, seeking out as much privacy as he could. The more time he spent isolated from his family, the more he realized how desperately he wanted to explore the rest of Lore. He was constantly searching for something more; something… new, exciting… just different.

I don't know where I'm going

But I don't think I'm coming home and I said

I'll check in tomorrow if I don't wake up dead

It seemed as though his comment toward Hecate had struck a chord within her; she completely by-passed his response to her question as words danced from her cherry tongue. Greer was taken aback—he didn’t know what to say, what to do. He wasn’t good at feelings. He had always been blunt, to the point, and sometimes too honest. When, and if, he spoke, it was always what popped into his head—there was no sugar-coating. Life was far too short (and nasty) for sugar-coating. She spoke once more, her words echoing his previous thoughts. Bigger things… yes, that was what he was looking for. He nodded quietly in response as he allowed her to speak what was on her mind once more. Wait—what? She wanted to leave… with him?!

This is the road to ruin

And we're starting at the end

The offer hung in the air, weighing heavily on Greer’s shoulders. It still dumbfounded the yearling that the ghost actually wanted to spend time with him… and now, she wanted to leave with him? Bewilderment overtook the long-legged raven as he glanced over at her once more, his mercury gaze soft as met her chartreuse pools. “Greer think about leaving a lot. Like it here… but Greer want more. Like Hecate…” He responded quietly, half-talking to himself as his gaze lowered and his lips drew into a tight line. “Hecate can come with Greer. Greer would like that,” he added softly, his ears falling back against his head. He did not know why, but Greer liked the idea of the alabaster female joining him. As much as he preferred to be alone, having her with him wouldn’t be so bad… right?

Let's be alone together

We could stay young forever