Google, Bing

till the love runs out — Oak Tree Bend 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Triell and Naira's return. This is for miss @Sahalie  to discover<3
I'll be the bright, and black, that's making you run

It would be of no surprise they returned the same way they had left. With nothing. Why they had gotten a sign of a struggle about Kingsfall with hints of her scent they had lost any trace along the stream heavily guarded by willows too tangled to weave through. If he had no pack, no children to return to he would have fought against the collection of trees. All throughout the journey Naira helped to ground him to the present. Once more reality harshly set in that there was no further to go. Nayeli would remain missing on the list of the many others. Why his unrest did not leave him, he managed to think of his children, his family waiting in the Bend, and how much he wanted to be back. He already felt like he had wasted time, and decided the best he could do was try to change that. After all, it seemed to be the only thing in his control.

The blue mist eventually greeted the pair, and a smile rested steadily on his lips. It had taken a long time for these woods to feel like home, but as he look upon them now there was no other place he wanted to be. This was where he and many others had started a new chapter, and he wanted it to be his last. With a playful nudge to his companion they made their way to the borders by the setting sun. The aromas of Drestig, Spieden, made steady marks, easing the small twist in his gut. Surely everything had been okay and taken care of in his short absence. It was with a silent goodbye he left Naira, making his route to the den where he was certain he would find the ones he was looking for. But, the Tainn couldn't help but pause on the edge of the wood, eyes  upon the rocks that marked their den. He was torn between quietly surprising his children, and calling out to let his presence BE KNOWN. For a long time he stood like a shadow unable to make another move.

Triell Tainn
(This post was last modified: Sep 25, 2015, 04:42 AM by Triell.)
Played by Sarah who has 612 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
She rubbed a paw over her sleepy eyes, straining to keep them open in the feeble, misty morning. Her yawns were so wide they took her whole body to expel, as she shivered and stretched with effort. The little girl was not meant for mornings, and for several minutes she considered remaining in bed indefinitely. Maybe no one would notice— probably no one would notice. This was why she slept in so often, at least. But she was beginning to think that everyone else thought she was lazy or irresponsible. All the adults woke up early. She was beginning to wonder if perhaps her afternoon wake-up times were the reason she had not yet been taken on a hunt yet.

The pressure was on.

Mumbling to herself about the last remnants of her dream, the little girl crawled out from the den. She felt the familiar, cool touch of the grey stone as she squeezed languidly past. Certainly, the dawns had been getting cooler and cooler with every passing sunrise. Sahalie found this quite novel, and yet no one else seemed to remark upon it. She wanted to ask, but felt like if everyone else thought the temperatures were normal or didn't notice then maybe they would think she was crazy. But it was definitely not normal to see mist slithering out of her nose like this. Her eye brows raised, and she considered the fact that she might be sick or something.

Arbitrarily her gaze wandered out past the frosty smoke of her breath. There was a dark shape at the edge of the trees just standing there. Blinking slowly, the girl flipped through all the black wolves she knew. Her eyes began to focus. None of them were this big though, none of them had that white patch—

"Dad!" she cried, forgetting her sleep-ladden bones to leap unnecessarily high in the air as she bounded towards him. "Didja find that Nayeli? They said you weren't gunna!" She wanted them to be wrong. She wanted her dad to be good at something. Maybe then that would cheer everyone up. Maybe that would cheer him up.
[Image: sahalie_by_loccian_love-dc6mt9c.png]
[Image: sahalie-greypixel01.gif]
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

The break of day, another small shadow came from the den. A smile perched on his lips, watching a small Sahalie greet the early morning. Unusual for her, the Tainn mused. Eyes cast around to see if perhaps she was following Spieden or Drift. He saw only her. From his post the father continued to observe her, the way surprise lit her face up with the tiny silver wisps of steam escaped her nose. How such a small thing could render her with so much bemusement and wonder was a remedy of sorts to his soul. Reminded how simple life was, and the time he still had. So easily she noticed him on the outreaches, and did not hesitate to greet him.

The smile did not leave him as he strode forward to meet her half way. But, her words did cause it to twitch, and twist suddenly. This wasn't news she was sprouting, but just to hear it in the sweet voice of his daughter was too much. Heaving in a heavy breath, he shook his head."No, dear. I did not this time," he admitted somberly. Stretching his snout downward, he attempted to stroke the side of her ear, taking in her scent of the Bend. Least he found comfort all seemed well, and she was within his reach now. Safe and sound. "I think any more I will just have to wait to see if she finds me," he murmured against her dark hair, drawing back to meet her changing gaze to catch her thoughts. Could he still read her? What else did she think about where he had been, and would she tell him other things that had been said in his absence?

Triell Tainn
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
Her words seemed like such a physical thing from the way her father reacted. She stiffened, feeling her own heart flinch to have accidentally caused her father any amount of pain. Shame welled up in the corner of her eyes and she blinked them away furiously. Sahalie should have known: his father had no other scents on him, really. There was one other scent, but she had to assume that it belonged to that other wolf that Speiden or Drestig had mentioned going with her father. The name did not come to mind. But she had wanted it to be Nayeli so bad. But she should have waited for him to bring the news. But his smile... "Oh." Her eyes, now beginning to grow into the Tainn gold of Lani and Ruiko, fell to her paws.

Part of the shame was also directed at her father. She had sworn up and down that he would be able to bring Nayeli back. Because he was her dad and he could do anything. As he came to her with a sigh, he looked much more defeated than the suave hero she had known from birth. He had been quiet before, but now every movement seemed even more subdued. He didn't dare disturb the world now, it seemed. Why had he been standing at the edge of the clearing anyway? Frustration burned hot on her cheeks as part of the facade of her beautiful dream began to fall away. Why did everyone seem to give up? Jessie had given up. The pack had given up. This couldn't be all there was to life. 

Could it?

Standing on her tip-toes, the dark girl pushed herself against her father's reaching snout. She sensed that the gesture was equally necessary for the two of them. When she looked up at him again, a smile was on her face. One she had painted on herself. "I saw a meewsss!" she cried in a overt attempt at distraction, "It was like. Mad. And it nearly stepped on me but everyone attacked it. So I'm okay!" This was good news, right?

Another question came to mind. She could not stop herself from letting it out. "So you're gunna be spending more time with me, right?"
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

The man grunted as her own face fell, but it wasn't in his heart to make it all better. She would know well enough it rained, and sometimes you got to see a rainbow after and sometimes you didn't no matter how hard you looked or how bad you wanted it.

Least she did not draw away from him, and he found some of his worry slipping away. Furry brows drew together, deciding whether she meant a mouse or a moose. The later was more probable, and his jaw fell. "A moose?" The question fell out, and had made contact with his own ears, but it was the quickening of his heart that thundered the loudest. "A.." Was his attempt at a response to the obvious she was fine despite being in reach of an angry moose. It was hardly the response, and definitely not a good one. So he tried again. "Whew," he more collectively managed with a shake of his head, and a forced grin. "Did anyone get a piece of 'em for that?" Why it was apparent the pack had come to her aid, he liked to think the moose would not be able to make the same mistake twice.

The young Tainn was quick to ask a question of her own. "Uh huh. So what should we do on this fine day Miss Tainn?" This time he found no trouble grinning at her, his dark banner waving behind him. He was ready for an adventure of her choosing.

Triell Tainn
(This post was last modified: Oct 06, 2015, 04:55 PM by Triell.)
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
She shrugged, "Naw." At least, she was pretty sure no one had been able to kill it. But Sahalie did not want to admit to her dad how terrified she had been, how the whole world had gone silent and still and she had no regard for anyone else. However, there had been no meat that night. Everyone had been very tired and went to be with empty stomachs. "It was so big and angry that it got away. I think Drestig and Ser..sss...@Serach chased it." It was an odd thing to wrap her tongue around the unfamiliar name.  He was family too, though, so there was no reason she should not try. "I don't think it would have been good to eat anyway. It had trees growin' on it."

Her eyes sparkled as she watched life come back to her father's tail. It beat the air with the same cadence she remembered. Maybe things were not so bad. Maybe. The picture of youth, he seemed very ready to go gallivanting into the woods with her. But she had her own ideas. "Actually," she said, her voice getting kinda quiet, "I was wonderin' if you could tell me stories." Biting her lip, she considered toning down or not saying every little thing that occured to her, but some how she could never stop the flow to her mouth, "Spieden's not so good at stories, and I missed your stories."

@Spieden had her own stories but they were mostly about fish and were actually very scary. Sahalie liked dad's stories about the things on the other side of the mountain, of the past that had brought her into the world. These things were captivating.
(This post was last modified: Oct 17, 2015, 11:51 PM by Sahalie.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

That was unfortunate, but hearing Drestig and Serach took care to drive it away made him a little less inclined to hear other details. Surely, the moose would not be returning to the Bend if he favored his life. Eyes blinked, not entirely sure what she meant by trees. Far he was aware such things didn't happen. "Oh, those things on his 'ead? They do look a bit like our trees here don't they. Those are antlers Sah, and in the spring they fall off, and aren't half bad to chew on if your lucky enough to find them."

Slowly, he dropped his head, attempting to catch her soft words. It seemed he had guessed wrong, she wanted to hear of adventure. Why the worry? It was if she was afraid she didn't say the right thing. Patiently, he hoped his own silence would assure her. The further explanation made him beam, though he tried not to make it obvious how happy this information made him. For he did not mind the bond his children had formed with the Coho woman, but he would be lying to say he hadn't been worried she might be their preferred choice sometimes.

"Lets see, a story." Memories were still intact, and usually he could weave them into a fun tale for her entertainment.  "What kind did you have in mind?" For he was always surprised by what piqued her interest, and rather tell her more of something she wanted to hear.

Triell Tainn
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
How curious it was to find out that the sticks coming out of the moose's head were not trees at all. They were apparently "antlers," which must have meant something different. Reasoning it out, Sahalie decided that it was just the leaves that were falling off the trees right now and not the branches themselves. She wondered if it was painful for the moose to lose their antlers, and her ears twitched. She would have felt bad if some part of her body fell off. Maybe it wasn't so bad if they just grew back. On the other hand, sticks were still good to chew on just like antlers were allegedly. It was strange how the two things could be so different and still so similar. This world was weird.

Her tail wagged, glad that it wasn't such a bother to her father to tell some more stories. "Tell me what it was like when you were a cub!" She cried, rocking backwards to paw at his chest. She was not so little anymore but could not help herself from reaching out to him as she had done previously. "Did you live here? What was your dad's name?"

What a can of worms.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
can of worms, lord yes xD I'm sorry if this is just adkfjdklfjl but I hate to keep it waiting >.< If you do want to put a nice end on it feel free to. With him continuing to tell his story and fade or something. >.< You're more creative, I guess you could specifically say anything/who you'd like Sahalie to know.

Loud chuckle escaped his lips, her small paws ticklish against the only white spot of his coat. It felt good to laugh, see her eager to hear tales. He had to wonder what kind of story he should tell her for her questions were rather precise. Now was ever good as time as ever to let her know of the Tainn history.

"I got into all sorts of trouble. But, this might not be the brightest kind of story," he murmured, letting his eyes meet her pale gold. They were not the same of Nayeli's, but he was sure they were that way because of her. No, he was to be thinking of before times. Reclining to his haunches, and than dropping to his stomach he beckoned her to take a comfortable spot beside him.

"My dad's name was Rihael and my mom was Lani. Over that mountain, not too far on the other side is a place called the Wildwood. My mom and father had found this great hollow tree for us to live. They called their pack Hidden Tree for very few found it. I remember it was a lot like these woods. But there was more of a white mist. Boy, I had lots of siblings. Two my age, Kinis, and Borlla, and thirteen older than me. I usually got to go beyond the den, as my brothers Indru and Ruiko would take me with them.

"One day they didn't, I remember being so mad, I decided I would find an adventure myself. I began to wander to this river when suddenly the hot day began to get cold. The sky turned black, and it began to roar louder than I had ever heard. I tried to go back home. There was this bright, orange and red light in my path. It ate the trees, turning them black, making them snap and moan. It was mean and hot, so I went back to the river, finding the water protected me. Eventually I heard the voices of my brothers Indru and Ruiko calling for anyone when there was only smoke in the air. What was left of us gathered together, and were taken to a new place. The Sacred Grove. It was a very beautiful place, you get a weird tingling in your paws when you walk there. Since it was surrounded by water,  the fire had not touched it. Indru and Ruiko decided it would be our new home. That's how Swift River was founded. It's where I really grew up, where I met Serach's mom and dad, Corinna and Ice. Where Aunt Kisla and Uncle Fenru were born. It's why I love to swim and fish. I was always determined to be big like my brothers. I helped them chase an intruder away. Was often walking along the borders with or without them. Other time I got in a fight with two loners, luckily Corinna was there as I was barely older than you. Mostly I wandered a lot. I saved a lady from a pool of water who became a dear friend. Climbed that mountain and discovered there was another pack up there. Eventually, I became a guardian of the pack. Getting into more fights, and making a few more friends and enemies. I miss it sometimes."He always wondered what had become of it. If anyone had taken it up, or long had left it be. He felt like he should probably pause, wondering if he should go on or not. Surely, he was leaving out bits and pieces.

Triell Tainn
(This post was last modified: Nov 30, 2015, 10:22 PM by Triell.)